• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 430K
WEST HAM kits:
my first real attempt at pen tool on the away kit

WEST HAM kits:
my first real attempt at pen tool on the away kit

Decent first attempt - much better than any of my attempts with pen tool anyway, but I'll be a little harsh and say that it's not really rounded and looks a little jagged. I don't know how to fix that kind of thing, so I'll leave it to others to tell you how.
Good attempt though, 8/10

You can either just use a flat brush and make it a corner or do two pen tool layers and join them to create the shape.

Decent first attempt - much better than any of my attempts with pen tool anyway, but I'll be a little harsh and say that it's not really rounded and looks a little jagged. I don't know how to fix that kind of thing, so I'll leave it to others to tell you how.
Good attempt though, 8/10

yeh i didnt no how to make it rounded without going completely wonky so used straight lines :/

You can either just use a flat brush and make it a corner or do two pen tool layers and join them to create the shape.

Dec you need to teach me how to use the pen tool - all I do is click in places and hope that it creates something half-decent ;)

Right, this has been in development for most of today as I've been constantly editing small details of it, so comments, ratings, etc would be nice as it's probably the longest I've ever spent on any one kit. It's my own rendition of a Liverpool home kit.

23hvnyx.png

Second kit with your help, 0xRzRx0, but I think I've done far too much and the badge at the bottom looks out of sorts

Again, you need to lower the opacity on the stroke that you've used for the sponsor, it's too bold at the moment. Badge looks better, but Nike Logo is completely lost - you'll need to change the colour of it to make it stand out more.

Badge at the bottom is a little too much of a badge for my liking - I always try and cut a bit out so it's a little less overpowering.

Actual kit quality isn't bad though, 7/10.

And now, for my prized posession. I think, if I totalled the amount of time I've actually spent making the kit I'm about to reveal, it would probably hit near 4 hours, maybe more. Before I do so, though, huge, huge credit to Dec who's helped me with the design and the finishing touches to it.

It's my custom-Liverpool kit, but with the Away and the Third kits too, and I've changed the design from the one you can see in post #1581.

Comments, criticisms and the like would all be appreciated, as would ratings.

Home:
2le69y.png

Away:
14mxsgi.png

Third:
hs8d1f.png

Again, you need to lower the opacity on the stroke that you've used for the sponsor, it's too bold at the moment. Badge looks better, but Nike Logo is completely lost - you'll need to change the colour of it to make it stand out more.

Badge at the bottom is a little too much of a badge for my liking - I always try and cut a bit out so it's a little less overpowering.

Actual kit quality isn't bad though, 7/10.

And now, for my prized posession. I think, if I totalled the amount of time I've actually spent making the kit I'm about to reveal, it would probably hit near 4 hours, maybe more. Before I do so, though, huge, huge credit to Dec who's helped me with the design and the finishing touches to it.

It's my custom-Liverpool kit, but with the Away and the Third kits too, and I've changed the design from the one you can see in post #1581.

Comments, criticisms and the like would all be appreciated, as would ratings.

Home:
2le69y.png

Away:
14mxsgi.png

Third:
hs8d1f.png

Best kits I have seen in a while, absolutely oustanding.

Last edited:
No your not blind there is just forgot to remove the shadow for the shorts , in game size and on the game you cant see the shadow anyways so i dont really bother to much about it , cheers for the comment

Oh and P.s

Nice kits those Fiorentina ones , i say 10 /10 i love the uniqueness of them , and its not just a colour overlay there is work in it nice work keep it up

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Man City Home Kit 10/11 .Please Rate this One Put a lot of Work into it ..

11/10 its that good even if it is Man City oh yeah what happened to your megapack idea?

Another Liverpool Kit

nothing really eye catching all you have done is recoloured the base layer to red and slapped a badge on and wouldnt lyle and scott be more of the shirt manufacturer than sponsor? buut overall 3/10 for lack of effort

nothing really eye catching all you have done is recoloured the base layer to red and slapped a badge on and wouldnt lyle and scott be more of the shirt manufacturer than sponsor? buut overall 3/10 for lack of effort
Yeaaah I Know I Admitt It Isnt Amazing but I Couldnt Be Asked Because Ive Already Made A kit Todaay Which you Should look At', Ann Its A Fantasy kit, Who Cares what The Sponsor Is?

yeh i didnt no how to make it rounded without going completely wonky so used straight lines :/

You need the Convert Point tool (in the pen tool submenu). Then use that, select the path you've made with the pen tool and go to a point (parked by a little square), click and drag it to bring out the curve handles, adjust these as you need. You can also move points by ctrl+dragging them.

Decided to have a shot at making a shirt, not got the emblem to integrate nicely, although the retro coat of arms worked well, didn't fit in.

NewcastleCustom.png

Back