The 'Rate my Kit' Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 430K
Taida - very nice 9/10 - like the simplicity. Although on the third kit the lines run onto the sleeve a little - don't know whether this was intentional haha.

Chriss - much better than your first and second attempts, but you still need to work on making the club badge look more prominent - try using a 1 pixel stroke at about 30-50% opacity. Also, dunno why but on all 3 kits you've made your sponsor logo has been a little edgy :/. Try and fix that. Still, at this rate you'll be making top-quality kits in no time :)
7/10

Looks decent, but in my opinion badge is a little too big - obviously it's better to be slightly bigger than smaller, but at the moment it's really big, haha. Perhaps shrink it a tad, but make sure it's still a little bigger than the Adidas logo, that's generally what I aim for.

Also, again just personal preference so you don't have to change it, but I don't really like the bell shaped design that comes off the cuffs: kinda ruins the design of the sleeves.

Oh, and the Adidas kit tag (similar to the NikeFit thing) on the bottom left could be rotated a little bit (make sure only a little) and positioned slightly differently so it looks less 2D-like and blends in more.

'Part from those few things though, very solid. 8.5/10
I completely agree, when I finished I looked back and thought, "that looks a bit big tbf". I think I have it spot on with the Mayo kit on the previous page.

And you're Napoli kits are good, I like them, however, I don't like the extra "XBOX 360" sponsor on the home at the bottom :P

I completely agree, when I finished I looked back and thought, "that looks a bit big tbf". I think I have it spot on with the Mayo kit on the previous page.

And you're Napoli kits are good, I like them, however, I don't like the extra "XBOX 360" sponsor on the home at the bottom :P

Yeah haha, I was thinking of removing it when I put the 'Live" in, but I dunno, seemed to make sense when I left it in :P

EDIT: Now fixed it :)

Taida - very nice 9/10 - like the simplicity. Although on the third kit the lines run onto the sleeve a little - don't know whether this was intentional haha.
Yes the lines on the sleeve was intentional :) :P

Yes the lines on the sleeve was intentional :) :P

Haha, OK, in which case very nice kits (again) ;)

My next kit, I hope the sponsor is better, I tried to edit it abit but doesn't look like its made it better much

Still doesn't really fit in well :/ If you want, you could try sending me the photoshop (.PSD) file, and I could show you what would look better, then go through the steps?

As well as that, there are a few random green lines on the kit, and the kit manufacturer (Nike) doesn't really stand out a great deal. Sadly, this kit is a step backward from your Wolfsburg kit :(
6.5/10 though

990wut.png

Sorry if it's a bit basic XD I prefer shirts that way.

EDIT: fixed.

Quality... Better than the shity O' Neils they use now..

Right, got a new set of kits which I finished today.

I'll say right away, not my best work :/ I blame England's awful performance against Germany today haha.

Comments, as always, welcomed and appreciated.

Home:
x58r2s.png

Away:
5045e0.png

Third:
30241tz.png

Last edited:
Very nice work, love the patterns on the home and away kits and the way the sponsor stands out, you've just chopped off top of the badge on the away kit though :P

I've made a Liverpool top following your advice, so what do you think of it:

View attachment 81048

Wasn't really focusing too much on the style of the kit so much, just the badge and sponsor

Very nice work, love the patterns on the home and away kits and the way the sponsor stands out, you've just chopped off top of the badge on the away kit though :P

I've made a Liverpool top following your advice, so what do you think of it:

View attachment 81048

Wasn't really focusing too much on the style of the kit so much, just the badge and sponsor

Ah ****, cheers for the pointing out. Did think it was a little weird, if I'm honest. I'll edit and re-upload. As per your kit, big, big improvement on your other kits, but you should change the opacity on the stroke that you've used - the outline is too obvious and just makes it look a little cartoony :/ (on both Badge and Sponsor)

However, still a much improved kit. 8/10 :)

EDIT: Have fixed and re-uploaded. Hopefully should look better now ;)

Last edited:
Sponsor in red doesn't work :/

Also, those green/blue lines down the sides look weird.

Sorry.
6/10

Also, as my sig suggests, working on a Fiorentina Kit at the moment. Kinda hit a road block, as you'll see.

I wanted to do it with sponsors but I also kind of liked the idea I've ended up using.

Suggestions/ideas as to what to do from this point would be welcomed.

29fca52.png

Last edited:
Sponsor in red doesn't work :/

Also, those green/blue lines down the sides look weird.

Sorry.
6/10

Also, as my sig suggests, working on a Fiorentina Kit at the moment. Kinda hit a road block, as you'll see.

I wanted to do it with sponsors but I also kind of liked the idea I've ended up using.

29fca52.png

its a great idea :) only thing i can say is that the flag bit needs moving to the left so that the white is more in the middle

its a great idea :) only thing i can say is that the flag bit needs moving to the left so that the white is more in the middle

Thanks, and cheers for pointing out the cross - wouldn't have changed it otherwise. But don't worry - it's nothing near a finished product yet. I just realised that I wouldn't be able to do home sponsors and was wondering whether I should get rid of the flag design and just shove in a sponsor haha.

Last edited:
i would take out the doubled line on the left but at the moment 7/10

29fca52.png

Nice.. I'd keep the flag design but would get rid of the stripe on the side.. Just my opinion.. Very nice though...

Back