After two back to back promotions... You almost got relegated.
I guess it's normal after all, you pretty much learnt the hard way about Serie C's level can do, but oh well... You managed to stay and live to fight another year (despite media considering you relegation fodder once again... but eh... media predictions are made to be smashed^^ ).

It was a pretty busy transfer market but... it was a necessity I guess, last season proved that the team needs an overhaul in order to compete in this division without innecessary suffering.
Hopefully with all your new additions you'll have an easier time in Serie C.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

After two back to back promotions... You almost got relegated.
I guess it's normal after all, you pretty much learnt the hard way about Serie C's level can do, but oh well... You managed to stay and live to fight another year (despite media considering you relegation fodder once again... but eh... media predictions are made to be smashed^^ ).

It was a pretty busy transfer market but... it was a necessity I guess, last season proved that the team needs an overhaul in order to compete in this division without innecessary suffering.
Hopefully with all your new additions you'll have an easier time in Serie C.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Yeah, the step up os a lot bigger to the Serie C and we still had a lot of the squad the got us out of the Ecellenza. I agree with you about the media predictions plan on showing them how inept they are at predicting.

Yeah sticking with a squad that almost got relegated isn't a great plan so I felt change was neccasay, hopefully this season can have a bit less tension.

Thanks

View attachment 164231
September Update

We are knocked out of the cup so will have nothing but, the league is all we have to focus on this season so we shall go for it with all that we have.

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Melfi
View attachment 164230We get a good opening day win over Melfi, although they had only one shot on target which helped us to claim a clean sheet and the win. Cuccu got us a lead after 23 minutes El Khayari slipped him in and his finish was perfect and we were a goal up. Horak got us a two goal advantage after 74 minutes he was wide open out wide and he took a touch then fired low and hard past the keeper. This means we already have a third of the number of wins we had last season.

Aversa Normanna 0-1 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 164229
We get win number two, we were dominated but, showed the extra Serie C experience to claim the win. Ex-Juve man Bresciani scored with our only shot on target after a small mix up in the box he was able to fire a low shot in past the keeper from 15 yards out. A good finish from a uncleared corner and it gives us three point, whether we deserved them or not is questionable.
Castel di Sangro 1-0 Ischia
View attachment 164221We are able to get the same amount of victories in our first three games that it took us all of last season to gain. This time Pio Schiavi got the only goal of the game Cuccu took down a long clearance from Kastrati after a couple of touches he squared the ball to Schiavi and from 20 yards he ran onto the ball and with his first touch fired a powerful effort past their keeper and in. A good effort just inside the post and it is enough for us to get win number three already.

Campobasso 0-1 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 164216Another one nil win as we keep on rolling in the league Campobasso are yet to win this year and this game showed why as they never look like much of a threat. Our goal after 19 minutes also showed why as a poor effort from outside the box somehow managed to beat their keeper and go in to get us the win and three more big points. We never struggled to keep out fourth straight clean sheet of the season.

View attachment 164212
We will lose Terriaca for around a month unfortunately but, he has only been a rotation player this season so he isn't as big a loss as he would have been last year.

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Foggia
View attachment 164214
Another win for us as we win every game this month. Cuccu got us ahead after 16 minutes volleying in from a corner. Kastrati then made a great save from close range to keep us ahead of Foggia. Horak got us a second goal after half an hour a quick counter attack from a poor free kick saw Cuccu get in on goal from a wide angle so he chipped a ball to the back post and Horak was able to score a simple tap in to give us a lead. Despite their shots advantage we both had the same amount of shots on target as Foggia struggled to make good chances going forwards.

Table
View attachment 164209We are incredibly level on points with the top side. We have been great and our yet to concede although the teams we have played are 12th, 17th, 14th, 18th and 10th so I am not getting ahead of myself by any means we have done well to win five games but, we are by no means a promotion candidate.

Five wins, five clean sheets, too easy! :D

Yeah, lets just hope it stays that way, but unfortunately I doubt it will. We have improved our attack though we have been able to change from lots of 0-0s to getting 1-0 or 2-0 wins which can make a big difference over the season

You're doing great, friend. Seems like your re-tooling during the transfer window has paid off!

You're doing great, friend. Seems like your re-tooling during the transfer window has paid off!

Thanks, yeah it seems to have paid off so far they are all doing really well for us and we are looking a lot better then last year

View attachment 163818
Roberto Baggio joins us from Eccellenza side Ribelle to coach our youngsters and I am sure that he has the ability to ensure that we get higher quality players to come out of our youth academy I was shocked to find that the man voted Italy's player of the century is now a coach at Castel di Sangro​

View attachment 163800
October Update

Not a great month not an awful month but, a definite improvement on last season so far as we are already only six points shy of the total that we had last season.

Taranto 1-1 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 163799
Taranto force us to concede our first goal of the season and take the first points off of us this season as we can only draw. Taranto had a big chance after 36 minutes but, Kastrati came up big to push away the effort and keep the scores level. Schiavi continued to be a goal threat nabbing his second goal of the season when he got into the box and launched a powerful effort that smashed off the underside of the bar and crossed the line. A good lead to take into half time. Unfortunately we were unable to hold onto the lead and Tounkara scored an equaliser after 78 minutes a cross got to him at close range and Tounkara had his first effort saved but, his rebound effort only just went inside the post to level the scores. As we scored our only shot on target we can't be unhappy with the result.

Castel di Sangro 1-1 Savioa
View attachment 163798
Another draw as we are just beginning to lose the momentum that we had to start the season. Cuccu got s ahead after 71 minutes we intercepted a clearance and El Khayari passed to Cuccu who was onside due to a lazy left back and 1 on 1 with the keeper from 8 yards out he fired a low effort past the keeper at the near post. Savioa got a late leveller a long ball was played forwards and Zortea looped a header over Kastrati and in to get a leveller.

Avellino 3-1 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 163797We fall behind for the first time this season and take a beating from last years second place team Avellino. Ghiglione got them ahead after 25 minutes he took in an Izillo pass turned and hit and effort past Kastrati and in to put us behind for the first time this season. Just after half time we were two goals down Izzillo a deflected cross fell to him at the back post and he was able to poke a close range effort in. After 81 minutes we were put three goals down Arini flicked on a corner at the near post and Sallviato volleyed it powerfully in at the back post to put us out of the game. Terriaca scored soon after but, we never looked like mounting a comeback Cuccu slipped him in and Terriaca chipped a nice finish over the keeper that dropped down under the bar and in,. A great goal if only it could have had some impact on the final scoreline.

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Cosenza
View attachment 163796
We come back from our first loss to claim a big win over ex-second place side Cosenza. In a game of little action and chances the big moment came after 32 minutes Horak received a throw in in the box and turned his man before being taken down and earning a penalty. Amorfini stepped up and cooly sent a low penalty to the right that the keeper dived past.

Table
View attachment 163795We are in second place which is impressive and hopefully we can stay there for longer or improve.

Also as we are near the top I put some effort into figuring out how promotion works and it is like this. The top teams of each of the three divisions of the Serie C all go up and the top three from all of them enter a playoff with the exception of the one team with the lowest point total. Those eight teams are entered into a knockout cup and the winner earns promotion to the Serie B while all other sides stay in the Serie C​

Just caught up to this. Good job so far man. Eager to see how it all turns out!

Just caught up to this. Good job so far man. Eager to see how it all turns out!

Thanks, hopefully we can keep moving forward every year see how far we can take it but, currently on a small wage budget for the division we are losing 5 figures a month at least so we may hit our ceiling in the Serie B

View attachment 162979
November + December Update

We have one game on Dec. 1 before a two month break so it is in with this update. Anyway we face a couple of big teams this month that will be a challenge to our ability to stay near the top of the league.

L'Aquila 0-0 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 162978Could be the dictionary definition of bore draw as there were no chances for either side in what was an uninteresting draw that robbed anyone who paid to watch.

Juve Stabia 1-1 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 162977
We claim a good point vs Juve Stabia although when you lead after 75 minutes failure to see the game out is a bit disappointing but, I would have taken a point before the game. Cuccu got us ahead after 59 minutes Giordani whipped in a great cross and Cuccu was on hand to volley in from 8 yards out and get us a lead We were pegged back after 79 minutes Monni heading in a powerful header form close range that meant that we left with just a point.

Castel di Sangro 2-1 Salernitana

View attachment 162976
Cuccu hit a good brace to get us an impressive win over ex-league leaders Salernitana. He struck just before half time a cross from El Khayari took a massive deflection and fell to Cuccu and he hammered the ball past the keeper from 10 yards out on the volley. He then struck again just after half time Horak hit in a low cross and he was on hand to turn it past the keeper and in. They hit back ten minutes later a fizzing volley from outside the box hit off the bar and with Kastrati on the ground Tremolada headed into an empty goal.

Crotone 0-0 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 162975
Kastrati was tested once or twice as we see out a nil nil draw with Crotone they never threatened that much and we never threatened so the score was never that unlikely.

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Matera
View attachment 162974Horak grabbed the only goal of the game after 12 minutes to give us a win in an even game with Matera, although if there was to be another goal I think we were more likely to score it. Horak got into the box out wide a counter attack from a free kick Bresciani picked him out with a cross-field pass and Horak took a couple of touches and then hit an effort past the keeper that he probably should have saved but, no complaints from me as we claim all three points.

Table
View attachment 162973
We are third in the table somehow and oddly enough again fighting with Trapani for a playoff spot although we both want to be in this one. At the other end of the table Campobasso have a miracle they need to pull off to stay up.​

View attachment 162665

Thrilled that on the back of a great league performance I have got a new deal. I have to be honest I didn't realise that my current deal ended at the end of the season although as the board loves me they were always going to offer a new deal anyway.

View attachment 162664View attachment 162666
As part of me signing the board have agreed to find a new senior affiliate. If we get a team in Italy then we will have to dump Palermo so I hope we don't have to but, if we do then I will dump them as they just paid us our fee so I will just take the new fee from a new team to earn us more money and we also have no players on loan from them. I have decided to try and change affiliate as much as we can so we can get signing fees.​

What a shame, that plan was off the charts on the "Evil Genius" scale!

What a shame, that plan was off the charts on the "Evil Genius" scale!

Haha yeah, we really have to find some money from somewhere though we've dipped into the negatives. If it wasn't for the two Juve games in the cup we would be done for

View attachment 162517
With six months left I had to give them both wage rises to ensure that they stayed although they are on the minimum I can offer €375 euros a week a lot less than I would have been willing to pay them.

View attachment 162516
Schiavi has been dominant as a DM and has done a great job shielding the defence which has helped us to greatly reduce how much we are conceding. He has been a revelation since moving to CM.

View attachment 162515
Pio Schiavi in his days at Napoli.

View attachment 162514
He has been long term number one for us since taking over midway through the first season I was in charge and his calmness and a number of wonderful saves have been key to us moving up the leagues and not falling down them.

View attachment 162513
Kastrati in his more luxurious days as a youth player at Pescara​

Transfer Window

Due to rising debt levels I decided to sell every player who is a backup and replace them with young players from the U 20 side to save money on wages and earn transfer fees to help reduce the mounting debt the club finds it self in.​

Outgoings
View attachment 162252
Johannes Gerhart leaves us for Grosseto he was our best paid player by a decent way and failed to break into our midfield three of Schiavi, Bresciani and Ruggeri so was moved on. We earn a good fee and get some big wages off our books.

View attachment 162248
We also move two player onto L'Aquila Vitali, has been poor and expensive since he arrived last January only getting two goals in 15 games so to get his wages off and €2000 in the bank. For a while he was our best paid player but, he never deserved the money. Alberti moved for a large €18,000 euros he arrived in the summer but, had failed to do much and so losing his wages is nice and the money is also important to helping us a good €18,000.

View attachment 162242
Abagnale has been a back up for a couple of years so moving him on for €1,500 helps and we also get rid of his small wages that are around €250 a week.

Other Outgoing Transfers

Matteo Ciogli

Ciogli has been a back up and I want to lose the wages so he moved to Jolly Montemurlo for €2,000 some more money earned and also some money saved both of which will be good for the long term.

Kevin Biondi

Much like Vitali he was a failed January transfer on big wages for a back up. So he moved to Fondi for €4,500 and his €650 a week wages are off of our books for another saving.

Enoel de Vincetis

The long time player has moved on he was in the youth squad and he moves on a free to Foligno so we get some more wages off of the books around €180 a week not a lot but, every little helps.

Matteo Monteforte

I felt sad moving on Monteforte but, he had six months left on his deal and was in the youth team so getting his wages off was fine and he can hopefully do well at Voluntas Spoleto. A good saving for us but, he was a club legend to help us climb the two divisions.

Muluken Faraci

He moves on for €4,500 to Isola Liri a good fee and his €220 a week wages are off the books. He never made much of an impression when he was here but, we at least get some good money for him.

Antonio Di Matera

He has large wages but, has done very little to earn them hardly playing over the last two seasons so I offered him mutual termination and he accepted it so we will make a decent saving over the rest of the season by not letting him see out his deal

Incoming

Salvatore Chiadini
View attachment 162237
Brought in to offer depth after I sold a lot of cover and he ensures that we can take an injury or two at AMR will only stay for the season.

Transfer Overview
View attachment 162236We earned €40,500 in transfer fees and we have a much smaller wage bill as a result however, we are still making losses on the month which is a big concern