Good luck in the playoff mate!

Thanks, if we lose it I'm not sure what I will do as I don't have the division below so I'd have to restart or hope they get promoted for the year after. But, hopefully we win and there is no worry.

Eccelenza Abruzzo Relegation Playoff

The playoff is simple it is a one of game that goes to 120 mins and then penalties if necessary and the loser is relegated to the sixth tier of Italian football while the winner stays up.View attachment 184057
The game will be played in Chieti about equidistant between Castel di Sangro in the mountains and Alba Adratica on the Adriatic coast. It is also where Castel di Sangro played their games in Serie B for the first half of the season.

Kickoff

31st Minute
The game has made a slow start with neither side coming close. After a nice passing move by Alba Adratica Falcinelli slipped in De Berardinis, Piagnerelli comes out well to close down the angle and the shot slams into the side netting.

Half Time 0-0

In what was an action packed 10 seconds there was one chance, other than that it was a dull 45 minutes and stereotypical Italian football. Moronti replaces Marino as Castel di Sangro go 4-4-2

60th Minute The second half has been equally exciting and Castel di Sangro have a corner. Abagnale volleys the corner goalwards but, it is tipped behind and the next corner is cleared.

65th Minute De Berardinis stands over a free kick 22 meters out almost in the middle of the goal. He steps up and smacks a free kick over the wall and it begins to dip goalwards. Piagnerelli dives to try and block it but, he can only watch the ball as it smacks into the bar and back into the box, Abagnale hooks clear the rebound to clear the danger.

74th Minute A corner is swung in and Alba's AMC Pepe has no one near him. Castel players try and get near him to get to the ball first but, can only watch as he flicks it on target. A despairing dive from the keeper does no good and the man on the line can't get to it and can only watch the ball fly in. Pepe's header would have been great had it been at the other end but, with an awful defensive header his own goal has put Castel di Sangro 1-0 up.

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Alba Adratica

79th Minute
Alba press forwards hoping to level Valdes passed wide to Rossi and he hit in a great cross that Falcinelli volleyed in at the back post. Only 5 minutes after going ahead Castel di Sangro are level.

Castel di Sangro 1-1 Alba Adratica

85th Minute
Alba have a throw in deep in Castel's half that is cleared long forward to Albergo. However, he loses the ball and both sides exchange possession in the midfield. Ciarrochi get the ball 35 yards out and turns to slip in Rossi from just inside the box Rossi smashed his shot just wide of the target. A big chance for Alba.

86th Minute Piagnerelli takes the goal kick following the miss. some headers and then passes are exchanged by both sides in the midfield Siciliano plays a long pass up to Albergo 30 yards out he turns and passes to Moronti he plays a 1-2 with Siciliano to get in on goal he takes a touch tries to pick his spot but, the keeper pushes it away. Cuoghi is on hand to fire in the rebound and grab his first goal of the season from left wing at the best time possible.

90th Minute Alba have a free kick just inside Castel di Sangro's half. They launch it in and Lovane heads it up to Albergo just inside our half. With the only defender with him Albergo played it to Moronti who was only onside as he was in his own half. As Moronti gets into the box a defender is on his back despite this he beautifully chips an effort over the keeper unfortunately it came off the corner between the bar and the post. Cuoghi was again on hand to fire in the rebound and grab his second goal of the game and the season.

Full Time

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Alba Adratica

A great win for us and we send Alba down to the sixth level of Italian football. It was a match we dominated only allowing one shot on target in the whole game.

View attachment 184047
A dominant performance and Moronti got two assists after coming on at half time.

View attachment 184045
Safety is assured for us this year but, next year we should hopefully improve.

View attachment 184043

Can't believe I hadn't seen this before, great first season mate :)

End of Season Wrap Up
View attachment 183364

Morro d'oro are relegated along with Alba Adratica and Montorio 88. At the top Pineto failed to win in the promotion playoff so will stay in the division.

View attachment 183363
In the end of season awards Siciliano won signing of the season and player of the season after joining in October. Selletti was young signing of the season and 2nd in player of the season. Oddly enough Marino who was 3rd in the player of the year vote didn't get into the team of the season despite dominating at DM.

View attachment 183362
On the back of winning player of the season and despite my pleas Siciliano retired and leaves a gaping hole in the midfield.

View attachment 183360
Despite a lack of talented physio's we managed to maintain an impressive injury record especially when you factor in the awful pitches.

View attachment 183359
We have some good profits the lack of money that we give to the players and the highest attendance in the league may be a reason to explain it.

View attachment 183357
We also get a well paying two year sponsorship that will give the club a boost for the next two years​

Job Offers

After keeping Castel di Sangro up I was the most wanted man in football... 's lower Italian leagues. I tried to go to two interviews to see if the board would offer something to convince me to stay but, they didn't.

View attachment 183328
View attachment 183327
View attachment 183325

A few of the massive number of jobs I was offered after not being convinced to stay I didn't bother going to any other interviews.​

Unfortunately the game is running incredibly slowly for me it's taking about 5 mins to sim one day so the updates will be spaced out as it is taking forever to advance a month

Unfortunately the game is running incredibly slowly for me it's taking about 5 mins to sim one day so the updates will be spaced out as it is taking forever to advance a month

Not good to hear mate. Hope its all worked out soon.

Not good to hear mate. Hope its all worked out soon.

Fortunately I have two flatmates who do computer related degrees so in exchange for a slice of pizza and me not freezing any of their cutlery for a month (long story) they fixed it for me and it appears to be working well now so I should get some updates out tonight/tomorrow

The best ones always are! I do hope it was drinking related!

yeah it started as revenge for something done when drunk and with the helping hand of alcohol has got a lot further out of hand than it possibly should have I highly recommend it if anyone has an annoying flatmates. To be extra evil if there are gaps in the freezer shelves shove something that only partly fits through (a wooden spoon works well) the gap into the freezing water and then once it freezes they have to try and chip it out before they can remove whatever you've frozen the stuff in to thaw it out.

the things I sacrifice for this story, practically nothing

View attachment 182814
August + September Update

Finally able to kick off the season as we look to improve on last years 13th place finish. Could we start off a better season this year? Hopefully.

Abruzzo Cup Group View attachment 182813
We get Paterno AV and Vastese in the cup and they are also the first two league games that we have this year, so we will get to know them well.

Paterno AV 0-0 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 182812
We were perhaps just second best in this game but, we did well enough to get a point. We looked poor upfront though and some more awful finishing. A quintessentially Italian game of football.

Castel di Sangro 1-1 Vastese
View attachment 182811We start out the league with a draw that we absolutely did not deserve the point that we earned. But, I will definitely take it. Vastese took the lead after 51 minutes, Tuninetti from 30 yards out with a first touch shot that was an incredibly powerful and flew right into the top corner leaving Piagnerelli no chance. It was possibly the best goal I've seen on FM. Almetti got a late leveller from the corner of the 18 yard box and whipped a cross into the back post that was a bit off target and dropped in the top corner to get a lucky leveller.

Abruzzo Cup

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Vastese
View attachment 182809
We get our first win of the season that allows us to get into the next group of the cup. Triosi got is ahead after 65 minutes, a Valentino cross took a deflection and fell to Triosi whose first effort was saved but, he fired in the rebound to get us ahead. A late own goal ensured that we got into the next round Valentino whipped in a free kick and it bounced around until it hit off of Leo and crossed the line to put us into the next round.

Paterno AV 0-0 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 182808
I may as well have given my striker the day off as we had 3 shots to 15 and none on target but, left with another undeserved point. However, the defence was again incredible and it is not through luck that we have only let in one goal but, good players playing well.

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Martinscuro
View attachment 182807A striker scored a goal that wasn't a fluke for the first time. It was a late 90th minute goal and our only shot on target after we had defended well for the rest of the game. A long ball was sent up the line to Almetti and just before the ball rolled out for a goal kick he whipped in a cross that Monteforte smashed in form close range.

Just after half time starting goalkeeper Piagnerelli was injured and he will miss 2-3 months due to a dislocated shoulder.View attachment 182803

Pineto 0-0 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 182802Again we only have one shot on target and it is almost as if my strikers never bother to actually show up for the games the impact that they have had. Again we have the defence to thank for earning a point even without the starting goalkeeper out and both starting centre backs being 18 years old but, playing like an incredibly experienced duo.

Table
View attachment 182801
We are midtable despite only two goals, if the attacking players can pick up some form then we can really push on and try to finish near the top.​

Solid start to the new season.

More importantly though, the frozen cutlery thing is gold!

Big Signing

While many signings have been made in the window and after this player could be the best player that I have signed.

Valeiro Terriaca
View attachment 182799View attachment 182800View attachment 182798
He spent five years in Roma's youth academy and also made 39 appearances in the division above ours and looks like he could help reinvigorate what has been a lacklustre attack. Despite falling down the divisions he is the best player at the club right now and hopefully lay some assists on a grab some goals​

Solid start to the new season.

More importantly though, the frozen cutlery thing is gold!

Thanks for both, you can take it to the next level take the screws and things they use to hold the selves up out of the draws, shelves, and cupboard etc. and freeze them in water with a small amount of something with colour so that they are impossible to find it is really a declaration of war

Thanks for both, you can take it to the next level take the screws and things they use to hold the selves up out of the draws, shelves, and cupboard etc. and freeze them in water with a small amount of something with colour so that they are impossible to find it is really a declaration of war

Apparently those evil ninja skills are quite handy!

Eccellenza Abruzzo Semi Final Group Draw
View attachment 182746
Forgot to include the semi final group only the winner proceeds to the final and as you can see Juve is in the group and AC Milan are in the other group. I don't know why they are in it but, if we ever get to the Serie A it will be fine as the competition don't exist. Every player on their team earns more per year than our club has in the bank

Having just looked at my schedule we play each team home and away so we will get a massive boost to our finances from hosting Juve. Not sure if we spilt the sales for the away game but, if so that will also be a massive earning day for the club​

Last edited: