----------------------------------------------------------------------

29th December 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357116

Rangers (3-0) Inverness CT
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Hutton, McDonald, Pedro Ayub

Other News
Several players reached milestones for the club this month. Hugo Garcia made his 50th career league appearance in the (4-0) win over Hearts. In the match against Inverness two players reached milestones: Ulrich Hauk made his 25th career league appearance, all of which have been for Rangers, and Gregor McDonald made his 75th career league appearance, all of which have been for Rangers.

Cup Summary

The club has qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League for the second year in a row. We achieved an impressive win against Benfica to see us through, and Arsenal out. The draw has been made and we have Juventus in the next round. We previously played them in my first season in the Champions League, that year we drew and lost.

View attachment 357121 View attachment 357122

We also achieved a victory against Queen of the South in the Scottish Cup. I put out a second string team which performed well. Ryan Donnelly was the difference and proved he still had goals when he had a chance.

View attachment 357123

League Summary

Same old in the league, have not lost a game, although I do think the gap has closed this season but still no one comes very close to beating me. Celtic make it worse by throwing away points; not only did they lose to me this month but they also managed to draw with Motherwell after Jason Lowe was sent off.

View attachment 357124

I won Manager of the Month this month, after failing to win it last month. We also won Player of the Month and Young Player of the Month

View attachment 357125 View attachment 357126 View attachment 357127

Last edited:
Results

2nd January 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357558

Rangers (1-0) St Mirren
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: McDonald

12th January 2019
Friendly

View attachment 357559

Rangers (9-0) Camelon Albion
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: McDonald (2), McKay, Graham, Garcia (3), Donnelly, O'Hara

19th January 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357560

Motherwell (1-2) Rangers
Fir Park

Goals: Vernadakis, McDonald

22nd January 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357561

Hibernian (0-3) Rangers
Easter Roas Stadium

Goals: McDonald (3)

26th January 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357562

Rangers (8-0) Aberdeen
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Graham (2), McDonald (5), Nunes

30th January 2019
League Cup (Semi Final)

View attachment 357558

St Mirren (1-2) Rangers
Hampden Park

Goals: Bogado, MacLeod

Transfer

This month the club has reluctantly sold one player. Milan Pocta requested to leave the club after a transfer bid for him was reject, I granted his request and sold him for £3,500,000 plus 50% of any future profits to LEMANS FC. He was at the club just over a year and made twenty-four league appearances for the club. The club made a profit of £2,500,000 on the player. It was not the best sale but it was ok and his value was always going to rocket when he left Scotland. The club brought in Edimar £425,000 from Cruzeiro, the transfer was already arranged but he will be the perfect replacement with time. He has joined the club on £400 per week till 2021.​
The club also had a windfall of £1,000,000 as Doncaster sold John McGinn to Newcastle. We received 50% of Doncaster's profits from the sale. He has now made the club £1,590,000 from the player, excluding the £10,000 fee we originally paid for him.

Other News

For some unknown reason I had a large gap at the start of the month between games. As you can see, and could of guessed, I arranged a friendly to generate income. I played Camelon Albion and made £284,000 from the fixture.

Several players reached milestones this month. In the fixture against Motherwell Manolis Vernadakis made his 25th league appearance of his career, all of which have been played for Rangers. In the match against Hibernian Karim Bousmaha made his 100th league appearance of his career.
In the match against Aberdeen several players reached milestones. Kyle Hutton played his 200th career league appearance. Arturo Frias played his 25th league appearance for Rangers in the match. Two players, Garry Graham and Gregor McDonald, also scored their 50th league goals for club.
This month I was offered the West Bromwich Albion job. I rejected the offer but it is always nice to feel wanted. It is amusing that their wage budget is 4 times mine and how little transfer budget they have, it looks like they are in financial difficulty.

Cup Summary

This month the club only had one cup game. We progressed in the League Cup with a victory over St Mirren at Hampden Park. In most of our domestic cup matches this season Ryan Donnelly has been allowed to start the matches.

Summary

The club has remained unbeaten this month in the league. During the month we recorded a massive victory over rivals Aberdeen. As such we remain top of the league. Celtic dropped points again, this time losing to St Mirren, they need a complete overhaul.

View attachment 357572

This month I have won Manager of the Month. With 10 goals in 4 games it is unsurprising that Gregor McDonald got Player of the Month and finally, loaned out midfielder, Darren Lynch, won Young Player of the Month.

View attachment 357573 View attachment 357574 View attachment 357575

Last edited:

Results

3rd February 2019
Scottish Cup (5th Round)

View attachment 357822

Motherwell (0-4) Rangers
Fir Park

Goals: Varini, Amrstrong, Donnelly (2)

6th February 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357824

Dundee United (1-4) Rangers
Tannadice Park

Goals: McDonald (2), Varini, Vernadakis

9th February 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357825

Ross County (0-1) Rangers
Global Energy Stadium

Goals: Bousmaha

17th February 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357826

Hearts (1-2) Rangers
Rangers qualify for the Champions League
Tynecastle Stadium

Goals: Pedro Ayub, Bousmaha

23rd February 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357827

Rangers (4-1) Patrick Thistle
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Hutton (2), Bogado, Garcia

26th February 2019
Champions League (1st Knockout Round)

View attachment 357828

Juventus (1-1) Rangers
Juventus Stadium

Goals: McDonald

International

Eight players featured for their national teams this month, unsure why there were so few international features this month. Rangers had severn players feature for Scotland's main team. Edimar's game was at the start of the month.​

CountrySquadPlayersResults
ScotlandMainMcDonald, Graham, Gauld, Duffie, O'Hara, Armstrong, WallaceScotland (2-0) Ireland
BrazilU-20EdimarBrazil (3-1) Ecuador

Other News

This month I was offered the Huddersfield Town job, which I promptly rejected. Huddersfield sit 10th in the English Premier League. I would of increased my pay to £23,000 if I had taken the job, but I do not think I need the money. If my club, Aston Villa, came calling then I would find it harder to turn down.

This month one player reached a milestone. Lewis MacLeod made his 175th career league game in the match against Hearts. All of his appearances have come for Rangers.

Cup Summary

We have done well so far in the Champions League tie with Juventus, getting an impressive draw with Juventus and importantly an away goal. Think we are now in pole position to qualify for the next round of the Champions League.

View attachment 357810

On the domestic cup front the club has again done well. We have qualified for the Quarter Finals of the Scottish Cup, which is expected of the club. We recorded an impressive win over Motherwell to qualify for the next round.

View attachment 357816

Summary

Rangers have qualified for the Champions League yet again. We remain unbeaten in the league as well which is ridicules now. There have been a few close misses but we remain set for yet another league title. Do not have a screenshot for the league this month. But I do for awards. This month the club won Manager of the Month but did not win Player or Young Player of the Month. However, Young Player of the Month was won by Kevin Craig who is on loan from the club.

Last edited:

Results

3rd March 2019
Scottish Cup (Qtr. Finals)

View attachment 357853

St Johnstone (0-3) Rangers
McDiarmid Park

Goals: Hutton, Donnelly (2)

6th March 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357854

Rangers (2-0) Hamilton
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Vernadakis, Bogado

9th March 2019
Rangers retain the Scottish Premier League

10th March 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357855

Inverness CT (0-3) Rangers
Tulloch Caledonian Stadium

Goals: Graham, Gauld, Armstrong

17th March 2019
League Cup (Final)

View attachment 357856

Celtic (3-5) Rangers
Hampden Park

Goals: Varini (2), Graham (2), Donnelly

20th March 2019
Champions League (1st Knockout Round)

View attachment 357857

Rangers (3-0) Juventus
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Di Paola, Graham, Garcia

31st March 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357856

Rangers (2-1) Celtic
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Vernadakis (2)

International

This month thirty-three players were called up for international duty at a variety of levels, including eight for Scotland's main team.

CountrySquadPlayersResult
ScotlandMainMcDonald, O'Hara, Gauld, Armstrong, Duffie, WallaceScotland (4-2) USA
Scotland (2-0) Israel
SwitzerlandMainVariniSwitzerland (2-0) Moldova
Switzerland (3-1) Finland
ParaguayMainBogado, NunesParaguay (1-2) Nigeria
Paraguay (0-0) Jamaica
PanamaMainRodriguezPanama (3-1) Cayman Islands
ArgentinaMainDi PaolaArgentina (4-1) USA
ScotlandU-21Amos, Bankier, Boyd, Tosh, CraigScotland (1-0) Andorra
WalesU-21Hoult, BromageWales (0-0) Russia
DenmarkU-21LundDenmark (3-1) Poland
GermanyU-21Hauk, VernadakisGermany (3-1) Japan
BrazilU-20EdimarBrazil (4-0) Mexico
ArgentinaU-20GarciaArgentina (3-1) Chile
ScotlandU-19Coll, Hendry, McGeouch, C.Henderson, Snodgrass, MoyesScotland (2-1) Norway

Other News

Two players reached milestones this month for the club in the match against Hamilton. Ryan Gauld made his 125th league appearance and Hugo Garcia made his 50th league appearance for the club.
In the match against Celtic two players also achieved milestones. Karim Bousmaha played his 75th league appearance for the club, while Pedro Ayub made his 50th appearance for the club.

Cup Summary

Where to start? Well we won the League Cup against Celtic. Rather happy with this after last seasons disaster. In doing so Rangers have set a new average highest attendance for the cup. The new record is 49,146, beating Celtic's record of 44,932. The club has also progressed to the semi-final of the Scottish Cup.
We have beaten Juventus in the Champions League. They played more like Notts County than Juventus. But regardless we are through to the next round where we will face Bayern Munich. By progressing the club has pocketed £3,040,000.​
Summary

Another unbeaten month, despite a game against Celtic. In that match we took all three points, despite Nunes getting sent off, he also got a wage rise to £800 for playing his 15th game, not that he managed to play the whole game. He was fined one week for being sent off in such a crucial game. Celtic also lost to Ross County and Aberdeen this month. Their dreadful form this month lead me to pick up the title yet again.
This month the club has picked up Manager of the Month and Young Player of the Month. Player of the Month went to on loan forward Kevin Craig, who scored 5 goals in 3 games this month for Ross County.

Last edited:

Results

3rd April 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357966

St Mirren (1-3) Rangers
St Mirren Park

Goals: Hutton, Di Paola, McDonald

6th April 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357967

Rangers (1-0) Motherwell
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Pedro Ayub

9th April 2019
Champion Leagues (Qtr. Final)

View attachment 357969

Bayern Munich (2-0) Rangers
Allianz-Arena

13th April 2019
Scottish Cup (Semi Final)

View attachment 357970

Ross County (0-3) Rangers
Hampden Park

Goals: Armstrong, Vernadakis, Donnelly

17th April 2019
Champions League (Qtr Final)

View attachment 357969

Rangers (2-1) Bayern Munich
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Hutton, Garcia

20th April 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357972

Rangers (4-0) Dundee United
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: McDonald (2), Vernadakis, Wallace

27th April 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 357973

Inverness (1-3) Rangers
Tulloch Caledonian Stadium

Goals: O'Hara, Pedro Ayub, McDonald

Other News

Several players reached milestones this month. Against St Mirren Daniel Varini made his 100th league appearance of his career. In the match against Dundee United two players reached milestones. Lee Wallace made his 350th career league appearance, whilst Barrie McKay made his 175th league appearance, all of which have come for Rangers.

Cup Summary

We have crashed out of the Champions League. We lost away, which was unsurprising, but managed to achieve a memorable home victory. Unfortunately we had a player, Robert Moyes, sent off, which let Bayern back in the games and ultimately them to score, knocking us out. We picked up £3,390,000 for reaching this level of the Champions League.

We are through to the final of the Scottish Cup, where we will meet Hibernian. Pretty proud of the team of reaching the final again.

Summary

We remain unbeaten in the league again. Celtic yet again dropped points, this time against St Mirren, not that it matters anymore.
Awards this month, well I have won Manager of the Month again. Manolis Vernadakis won Manager of the Month, while Gregor McDonald won Young Player of the Month.​

Results

5th May 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 358003

Rangers (6-0) Celtic
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Varini, Graham, Armstrong, Bogado, Pedro Ayub, Garcia

11th May 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 358004

Hearts (3-1) Rangers
Tynecastle Stadium

Goals: Vernadakis (2), Donnelly

19th May 2019
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 358005

Rangers (6-4) St Mirren
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Graham (3), Donnelly, Nunes, McDonald

26th May 2019
Scottish Cup (Final)

View attachment 358006

Rangers (3-1) Hibernian
Hampden Park

Goals: McDonald (2), Varini

Cup Summary

We have won the Scottish Cup yet again, they might as well engrave my name on it for next season as well. Patsy Warren missed the final through injury, giving Nicolaj Lund the chance to impress. We won the game with relative ease. Youngster Garry McGeouch made his debut in the game, coming on as substitute for Stuart Armstrong.

Summary

Well we won the league at a canter, including hammering Celtic (6-0). No idea how I have not lost a game all season, let alone draw. But Celtic losing 10 games is ridicules for any team in their position, especially when they spent £9,750,000 this season.
For the last month of the season we won Manager of the Month and Player of the Month. This is partly due to club rotation, for example Ryan Donnelly has started the last few games.

Last edited:
End of the Season Review

View attachment 358036

Awards

Right, well I did not win Manager or Writers' Manager of the Year. That award went to Ian Murray of Inverness CT. I am a bit annoyed about not losing it but Inverness did well to finish third, which is up 3 places on last season.
The Player of the Year award went to Garry Graham, despite him only making 24 appearances this season. player of the Season went to Gregor McDonald, who scored 28 goals in 32 appearances. Both players are products of our youth system.

View attachment 358040 View attachment 358041

It has taken me four years but I have finally won Top Goalscorer, with Gregor McDonald scoring three more than Tony Watt. We can also boast 7th with Kevin Craig scoring 17 goals for Ross County during the course of his loan.

View attachment 358042

Young Player of the Season went to Argentine international, Matias Di Paola. While Manolis Vernadakis picked up Young Player of the Year despite having a very slow start to the season. Writers' Young Player of the year went to Karim Bousmaha.

This season U-19 Player of the Season went to on loan forward, Kevin Craig, who scored 17 goals in 35 appearances for Ross County.

View attachment 358048

Team of the Year makes poor reading for Celtic this season, with only two of their players making the grade. I had 8 players feature in the list. I am particularly pleased that Andres Bogado made the grade in his first season with the club.

View attachment 358049

Player Statistics
Below is how the players performed in the league over the course of the season:

PlayerPositionGamesGoals/CoAssists/Clean SheetRating
WarrenGK300/181/167.15
LundGK80/40/47.12
Di PaolaRB25347.56
DuffieRB17037.54
O'HaraCB24227.44
VariniCB24427.73
NunesCB21207.49
PoctaCB15007.37
EdimarCB10006.99
WallaceLB23157.56
HaukLB17017.24
GrahamCM241297.80
ArmstrongCM24597.55
HuttonCM21837.52
MacLeodCM16217.27
BousmahaRW26977.26
VernadakisRW22877.47
McKayRW17026.92
FriasACM16067.49
AyubACM271077.73
BogagoLW24547.12
GauldLW18487.47
McDonaldST3228107.59
GarciaST29636.98
DonnellyST12216.89

Affiliation and Loans
View attachment 358050

Over the course of the season the club generated a new affiliation in the guise of Stirling Albion of the Scottish 1st Division. Unfortunately after last season they are back in the Scottish 2nd Division after finishing last by three points. The club only loaned one player, Rey Rodríguez, to Stirling during the season.

PlayerAppearanceGoalsAssistsRating
Rodríguez2007.05

View attachment 358051

Berwick Rangers finished 7th in the Scottish 2nd Division, despite having an excellent start to the season. The club loaned out two players to Berwick this season. Both players did very well for the club.​

PlayerAppearance GoalsAssistRatings
Hodge23027.11
C. Henderson31317.13

The club also loaned out several other players to a variety of club over the course of the season. Below is a list of how they performed:​

PlayerTeamGamesGoalsAssistsRating
HainingRaith34346.64
DonaldsonStalybridge4611127.17
HumphriesHamilton35017.27
LynchInverness27997.21
AirdShef United28006.60
GandolaDundee United32037.27
GasparottoHibernian24006.88
BromageCrystal Palace30026.79
DavidsonKilmarnock 342307.06
CraigRoss3517127.18
AmosBurnley401006.70
MoineUSBCO23106.37
ToshHamilton7006.43
StewartDoncaster170/150/76.75
BurkeFalkirk18136.63
BoydCharlton45386.56
Hoult Shef United42047.08
McGheeIpswich43116.78
BankierCarlisle7016.23
ScottHamilton16126.82
HallCarlisle 15306.21

My Rangers U18's side are not currently in any League, does anyone know how to get them into one?