• Thread starter Thread starter XerJames21
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 128
  • Views Views 32K
Club Evaluation
2017 - 2018

View attachment 352610

Finances

The club made a pathetic profit of £864,280 last season, would really like a some new owners now, especially when you consider they profits were looking healthy before I had to pay my shareholders £12,250,000. After complex contract negotiations last season wages are up, but the current bill is only £159,667, which is not bad really.
The biggest losses for the club last season were: tax (£22,292,760), dividends (£12,292,760), other (£9,355,391), wages (£8,598,297) and match day expenses (£8,431,830). In contrast the biggest earners were: season tickets (£28,260,819), gate receipts (£26,174,748), prize money (£11,809,869) and match day income (£7,784,528).
Team Evaluation

Not sure I agree with all of my players evaluation, but as you can see the club has adequate cover in every position. I should mention that I have actually already sold Lukasz Fabianski, he had only a year left on his contract and would have cost me £12,000 per week to renew his contract so decided to sell him for £1,000,000. Elsewhere, the club looks slightly weak in centre back and maybe upfront.

There are three standout players, was made easier this year as I only have three players who are rated as four stars, this year. They are: Julian Lemarchand, Patsy Warren and Garry Graham. These three could just as easily be my three my three stand out youth players as the oldest, Lemarchand, is only 21.
The three standout youth players at the club are: Gregor McDonald, Matias Di Paola and Kevin Craig. All, but Craig, have been in and around the first team over the past season and made excellent progress in regards to their development.

Staff Evaluation

Really happy with my staff at the moment, they all have the attributes that I deem vital for the job they are in. My only complaint is goalkeeping coach, where I have no one with a 20. I might sack Craig Gordon, as he is retiring from football and it is the only reason I employed him, and bring in a replacement. Other than that yeah, really happy with them, will keep an eye out for some good Scottish coaches but that is it.

Last edited:

Friendlies

The club organised six pre-season friendlies this season, all of which took place at Ibrox Stadium. The friendlies brought in £2,702,000, after our opponents fees were paid.

8th July 2017
Friendly
`Rangers 11-1 Milton
Ibrox Stadium

12th July 2017
Friendly

Rangers (1-3) PSG
Ibrox Stadium

15th July 2017
Friendly

Rangers (2-0) Breahead
Ibrox Stadium

18th July 2017
Friendly

Rangers (0-3) Chelsea
Ibrox Stadium

22nd July 2017
Friendly

Rangers (1-2) Tottenham
Ibrox Stadium

24th July 2017
Friendly

Rangers (2-2) Glasgow University
Ibrox Stadium

Not a great year for friendlies, next year I think I might go on tour to the Far East to drum up sales, but not sure yet. gates are up by about 200 this season, not great but still an improvement, which I hope will continue.

Transfers

A massive transfer window for the club. We have brought in severn players, the most in any transfer window to date. We have also lost the services of fourteen players.

Of the players coming in there were two players who I felt were excellent youth prospects. Both players, Jonathan Tosh and Craig Henderson, are 16 years old and are Scottish, which is a bonus. Both players are already in the Scottish Under-19 squad.
The club has also brought in four young players from around the world who will feature in the first team this season. Pedro Ayub agreed to join the club last season and has finally arrived at the club for a fee of £675,000. He is contracted to the club till 2020 on £7,000 per week. The club has also signed Hugo Garcia from Boca Juniors for a fee of £2,500,000, he is contracted till 2020 on £8,000 per week. The club has also brought in two free transfers in the form of Ulrich Hauk and Manolis Vernadakis, the pair are excellent prospects and shall remain at the club till 2020 on a combined salary of £16,000. Vernadakis was signed due to Barrie McKays unwillingness to sign a new contract at a decent fee.
The club has also signed a new goalkeeper to replace Lukasz Fabianski. Ross Stewart has joined the club for £150,000 till 2022 on £1,000 per week. He was the only keeper available at a decent fee and wage. The loss of Fabianski has saved the club £2,500 per week (more if I had negotiated a new contract with him) and brought in £1,000,000, which more than covers the signing of Steward.​
The club has sold severn players over pre-season, bringing in £12,370,000 to the club. The biggest sale was Robert Adam, who has joined Norwich for £6,000,000 plus 50% of any future profits from his resale. I did not personally think Adam played well in the role of lone forward so thought it was better to put my trust in McDonald this season. Adam joined the club for £200,000 from Dundee, giving the club a healthy profit. The next biggest sale was Liam ****, it is a regret selling him, but his contract was nearly up and he wanted £8,000 per week to stay at the club, I thus decided to cash in on him. The sale brought in £3,000,000 and 50% of any future profits on the player, not bad when I spent £80,000 on the young full back. The club has also sold Rainford Kalaba. Kalaba was very impressive at the club when he was fit, but alas this was not often enough with him missing 7 months worth of games over the last season. The sale brought in £2,000,000 for the club and knocked £10,000 off the wage bill.​
The club also sold three players who I felt were never going to break into the first team and were therefore unneeded at the club anymore. John McGinn Has left the club for £300,000 plus 50% of any future profits, which gave us a profit of £290,000 for him. I have also sold Charlie Telfer for £50,000 and 50% of any future transfer and Tom Walsh for £20,000 plus 50% or any future profits.​
Finally, the club has seen severn players leave on free transfers, among them was Dean Shiels, Charlie Adam and Tommy Byrne. Just from Shiels and Adam leaving the club has saved £14,000 in salaries. Adam shall be replaced as my fourth choice midfielder by Stuart Hoult, who joined the club in 2013 for free.

The club has also loaned out fourteen players, three of whom have joined Berwick Rangers. The high profile players loaned out as Frasier Aird, Jordan McGhee, Ross Perry and Stephen Boyd.

Overall, the club has spent £3,875,000, but have brought in £12,370,000 to the club, which gives me a profit of £8,495,000 overall. In terms of wages the club has saved just £3,450, so £179,400 per season, which I am sure will be used up on wages this season.

Staff Changes

The club has terminated Craig Gordon's contract for a fee of £12,000, he was on £500 per week and utterly useless, he was only ever meant to be a goalkeeper, but making him a coach saved me money. He has been replaced by former Raith keeper David McGurn, who shall be paid £200 per week.

Last edited:
July - August

View attachment 353102
Results

29th​ July 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 353103

Rangers (3-0) Dundee United
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Gauld, McDonald, Pedro Ayub

----------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd​ August 2017
Champions League (Qual. 3)

View attachment 353104

Rangers (2-0) Shamrock Rovers
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: MacLeod, Vernadakis

9th​ August 2017
Champions League (Qual. 3)

View attachment 353104

Shamrock Rovers (1-3) Rangers
Rangers win (5-1) on aggregate
Tallaght Community Stadium

Goals: MacLeod, McDonald (2)

13th​ August 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 353105

Hearts (0-4) Rangers
Tynecastle Stadium

Goals: Lemarchand, McDonald, Armstrong, Pedro Ayub

19th​ August 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 353106

Rangers (6-0) St Mirren
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Armstrong (3), Bousmaha, Pedro Ayub, McDonald

22nd​ August 2017
Champions League (Playoff)

View attachment 353109

Rangers (5-0) Tel-Aviv
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: McDonald, MacLeod, Hoult, Bousmaha, Haimov (OG)

26th​ August 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 353107

Rangers (4-1) Hamilton
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Pedro Ayub (2), Garcia, Hoult

30th​ August 2017
Champions League (Playoff)

View attachment 353109

Tel-Aviv (2-6) Rangers
Rangers win (11-2) on aggregate
Bloomfield

Goals: Bousmaha (2), MacLeod, Pedro Ayub, Donnelly (2)

International

This month the club has had 25 players called up for international duty at a variety of levels, including 8 players for their main international squads, 5 of which were for Scotland. Of these 23 feature for their countries. The standout performers were: Bob Scott (7.80), Karim Bousmaha (7.4) and Lee Wallace (7.3).

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Country[/TD]
[TD]Squad[/TD]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD]Result[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Graham, Gauld, Wallace[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (4-1) Ecuador[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Panama[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Rodriquez[/TD]
[TD]Panama (0-2) USA[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Switzerland[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Varini[/TD]
[TD]Switzerland (2-1) Macedonia[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wales[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Hoult[/TD]
[TD]Wales (0-3) Hungary[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Scott, Boyd, McDonald, Amos, Aird, Pascazio[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (2-1) Hungary[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Germany[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Hauk[/TD]
[TD]Germany (3-0) Bulgaria[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]England[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Warren[/TD]
[TD]England (3-1) France[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]France[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Bousmaha, Lemarchand[/TD]
[TD]France (3-1) England[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Argentina[/TD]
[TD]U-20[/TD]
[TD]Garcia[/TD]
[TD]Argentina (1-1) England[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-19[/TD]
[TD]Haining, Henderson, Craig, Tosh, Hodge[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (2-1) Russia[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Germany[/TD]
[TD]U-19[/TD]
[TD]Vernadakis[/TD]
[TD]Germany (2-0) Ukraine[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Cup Summary

The club has progress to the group stages of the Champions League, for the second time in consecutive years. The club have been given £7,470,000 for this feat. To reach this stage we met Shamrock Rovers in the 3rd Round Qualifier, who fielded two ex Rangers players in the form of Ian Black and Kyle McAusland.

View attachment 353132 View attachment 353133 View attachment 353135 View attachment 353136

We have a hard group in the Champions League but will we do better than last season and actually win a game. Celtic have already been knocked out of the competition in the qualifying rounds.

View attachment 353137

League Summary

The club has had an excellent start to the league this season, winning all of our games by at least three goals. Most impressive was the 6-0 drumming of St Mirren, who normally play well against me due to their excellent defensive players. Due to our plus-16 goal difference the club currently sits on top of the SPL.

View attachment 353138

A clean sweep in terms of award this month for a change, we have win the Manager of the Month, Player of the Month and Young Player of the Month awards, which just shows our dominance in the league thus far.

View attachment 353139 View attachment 353140 View attachment 353141

The club is also performing well in terms of individual statistics for once, with us boasting the joint top goalscorer in Pedro Ayub, and one assist off the lead.

View attachment 353142

Last edited:

Results

3rd​ September 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 354528

Raith (0-3) Rangers
Stark’s Park

Goals: Garcia, O’Hara, Armstrong (OG)

9th​ September 2017
Friendly

View attachment 354529

Rangers (4-0) Dunblane Thistle
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Donnelly (3), Duffie

17th​ September 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 354530

Celtic (2-2) Rangers
Celtic Park

Goals: Wilson (OG), Ledley (OG)

20th​ September 2017
Champions League (Group)

View attachment 354532

Chelsea (2-1) Rangers
Stamford Bridge

Goals: Armstrong

23rd​ September 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 354533

Rangers (4-1) Hibernian
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: McDonald, MacLeod, Vernadakis (2)

27th​ September 2017
League Cup (3rd​ Round)

View attachment 354534

Dumbarton (2-3) Rangers
Dumbarton Football Stadium

Goals: Graham (2), MacLeod

30th​ September 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 354535

Inverness CT (0-5) Rangers
Tulloch Caledonian Stadium

Goals: McDonald (3), Venadakis, Pedro Ayub

Internationals

This month two international games were played over the course of a week. Twenty-five Rangers' players featured for their countries at a variety of levels, including severn full internationals.​

[TR]
[TD]Country[/TD]
[TD]Squad[/TD]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD]Result[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]O'Hara, Armstrong, Wallace, Gauld, Graham[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (0-2) Spain
Scotland (2-0) Montenegro[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Switzerland[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Varini[/TD]
[TD]Switzerland (4-0) Iceland
Switzerland (0-2) England[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Panama[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Rodrigues[/TD]
[TD]Panama (2-0) Canada
Panama (0-1) Jamaica[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Boyd, McDonald, Amos, McGhee, Aird, Steward, Urquhart[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (4-1) Armenia
Scotland (1-0) Denmark[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]England[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Warren[/TD]
[TD]England (1-2) Switzerland
England (3-1) Finland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wales[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Hoult, Bromage, Humphries[/TD]
[TD]Wales (3-1) Kazakstan
Wales (2-0) Moldova[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]France[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Bousmaha, Lemarchand[/TD]
[TD]France (3-2) Romania
France (3-0) Azerbaijan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Brazil[/TD]
[TD]U-20[/TD]
[TD]Pedro Ayub[/TD]
[TD]Brazil (4-0) Ghana
Brazil (3-0) DR Congo[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Argentina[/TD]
[TD]U-20[/TD]
[TD]Di Paola[/TD]
[TD]Argentina (3-2) Mexico
Argentina (2-1) Mexico[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-19[/TD]
[TD]Henderson, Craig, Tosh, Hodge, Haining[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (3-0) Luxembourg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Germany[/TD]
[TD]U-19[/TD]
[TD]Vernadakis[/TD]
[TD]Germany (2-1) England
Germany (2-1) Holland[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Due to the international break I felt it would be useful to arrange a friendly to ensure the club got some extra income and played some young players. Unfortunately the most skilful young players were all playing for their countries; it is quite a difference compared to when I took over the club back in 2012. The friendly brought in £284,000 for the club.

Summary

The club has continued to impress this month; we only dropped two points in a draw against Celtic. In contrast Celtic managed to drop another two points in a match against Ross County.

View attachment 354554

This month the club has won the Manager of the Month and Young Player of the Month for the second consecutive month.
We are doing reasonably well in terms of statistically we are doing reasonably well. This season we are trying to bring through Gregor McDonald and his success in front of goal so far has been very impressive. The club still has Ryan Donnelly just incase.

Cup Summary

The club has not done very well in cup competitions this month. We struggled to overcome and average Dumbarton team due to some dreadful keeping from reserve Ross Stewart. Despite playing several second string players the club should be playing better against lower league teams.
Despite scoring first the club collapsed in a 2-1 defeat against Chelsea away. We played ok and victory should never have been on the cards so I am pleased with the result and some of the performances were excellent.​

Last edited:

Results
3rd​ October 2017
Champions League (Group)

View attachment 354582

Rangers (1-1) Dortmund
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Vernadakis

8th​ October 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 354583

Ross County (1-4) Rangers
Global Energy Stadium

Goals: Lemarchand, Pedro Ayub (2), Graham

14th​ October 2017
Friendly

View attachment 354584

Rangers (5-2) Fort William
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Donnelly (3), Irons (OG), Little (OG)

21st​ October 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 354585

Rangers (4-0) Aberdeen
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Pedro Ayub (2), Wallace, Gauld

24th​ October 2017
Champions League (Group)

View attachment 354586

Rangers (3-1) Benfica
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Armstrong, O’Hara, Vernadakis

29th​ October 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 354587

Rangers (4-1) Motherwell
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Hutton, Pedro Ayub, Donnelly, Vernadakis

International

This month twenty-six players were called up for international duty. Of these twenty-three featured for their countries at a variety of levels, including five for Scotland's main team.

[TR]
[TD]Country[/TD]
[TD]Squad[/TD]
[TD]Players[/TD]
[TD]Result[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Graham, O'Hara, Gauld, Wallace, Armstrong[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (2-0) Russia
Scotland (2-0) Cyprus [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Switzerland [/TD]
[TD]Main [/TD]
[TD]Varini[/TD]
[TD]Switzerland (2-0) Malta
Switzerland (3-2) Finland [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Boyd, Amos, McGhee, Aird[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (1-0) Germany
Scotland (2-2) Germany [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]England[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Warren[/TD]
[TD]England (1-0) Czech Republic
England (4-0) Czech Republic [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]France[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Bousmaha[/TD]
[TD]France (5-0) Norway
France (1-1) Norway [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Germany[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Vernadakis, Hauk [/TD]
[TD]Germany (0-1) Scotland
Scotland (2-2) Germany[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Argentina[/TD]
[TD]U-20[/TD]
[TD]Garcia, Di Paola[/TD]
[TD]Argentina (5-1) S. Africa[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Brazil[/TD]
[TD]U-20[/TD]
[TD]Pedro Ayub[/TD]
[TD]Brazil (7-1) Algeria [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-19[/TD]
[TD]G. Henderson, Tosh, C. Henderson, Craig, Scott, Hall [/TD]
[TD]Scotland (3-0) Bulgaria
Scotland (2-0) Denmark
Scotland (4-0) Lithuania [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

While these internationals were taking place the club was able to arrange a friendly against Fort William. The game brought in £284,000 for the club, which helps the club pay players wages for the week.​

Other News

Two players reached milestones this month. Mark O'Hara made his 150th career league appearance, all of which have come for Rangers. Lee Wallace has also played his 175th league appearance for Rangers.

Cup Summary

What a month! The club has progressed well in the Champions League; beating Benfica and drawing against Dortmund. I have already done better than I did last season simply by winning a game at the group stages. These results give me a great opportunity to progress in the competition.

Summary

The club has performed well in the league; after winning all three of our league games this month in convincing fashion. Celtic have dropped points again after drawing with Dundee United.
This month the club has done well in terms of awards. We have won Manager of the Month, Pedro Ayub has won Player of the Month and Craig Amos (on loan to Ross County) has won Young Player of the Month.​
The club is doing ok in terms of personal statistics with Pedro Ayub being only two goals behind Gary Hooper, despite being a midfielder. We are doing well in terms of average rating, with Pedro Ayub leading the way with an 8.29.

November

Results
1st​ November 2017
League Cup (Qtr. Final)

View attachment 354609

Celtic (0-2) Rangers
Celtic Park

Goals: McDonald, Vernadakis

4th​ November 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 354611

Rangers (4-0) Hearts
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Pedro Ayub, McKay, Varini (2)

8th​ November 2017
Champions League (Group)

View attachment 354612

Benfica (1-0) Rangers
Estádio de Luz

12th​ November 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 354613

Dundee United (1-3) Rangers
Tannadice Park

Goals: McDonald, Armstrong, Vernadakis

18th​ November 2017
Friendly

View attachment 354614

Rangers (6-0) Royal Albert
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Pedro Ayub (3), Armstrong, Hall, Conway

25th​ November 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 354615

St Mirren (0-3) Rangers
St Mirren Park

Goals: Garcia, Lemarchand (2)

28th​ November 2017
Champions League (Group)

View attachment 354616

Rangers (3-2) Chelsea
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Pedro Ayub (2), Garcia

International

This month the club had twenty-three players called up for international duty at a variety of levels. Of these the club had thirteen who featured for the Scottish Under-21s and Under-19s, which shows our policy of youth recruitment is working.​

[TR]
[TD]Country[/TD]
[TD]Squad[/TD]
[TD]Players[/TD]
[TD]Result[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Switzerland[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Varini[/TD]
[TD]Switzerland (1-0) Turkey
Switzerland (1-0) Turkey[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Canada[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Gasparotto [/TD]
[TD]Canada (1-0) St Kitts & Nevis
Canada (1-0) Martinique[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Boyd, McDonald, McGhee, Pascazio, Stewart, Aird[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (1-2) England
Scotland (1-0) Ukraine [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]England[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Warren[/TD]
[TD]England (2-1) Scotland
England (1-1) Holland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]France[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Lemarchand, Bousmaha[/TD]
[TD]France (1-1) Austria
France (3-0) Japan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wales[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Humphries [/TD]
[TD]Wales (1-1) N. Ireland
Wales (3-0) Cyprus [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Germany[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Hauk, Vernadakis[/TD]
[TD]Germany (3-1) Cyprus
Germany (2-0) Bulgaria [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Argentina[/TD]
[TD]U-20[/TD]
[TD]Di Paola, Garca[/TD]
[TD]Argentina (3-1) Tunisia
Argentina (1-1) USA[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-19[/TD]
[TD]C. Henderson, Craig, Moyes, Tosh, Kelly, Scott, Fletcher [/TD]
[TD]Scotland (2-1) England
Scotland (0-1) Ukraine [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

During the international break the club was able to arrange a friendly with Hawick Royal Albert. The friendly brought in £278,000 for the club after the oppositions fee was removed.​

Other News

The club has extended the stay of highly sought after defender, Julian Lemarchand. To complete this deal the club has to make the youngster the highest paid player at the club, as a result Ryan Gauld's pay was also increased. Lemarchand is now on £18,000 per week and will stay at the club till 2021.

The club is please to announce that Gregor McDonald has agreed to extend his stay at the club till 2022 on £5,000; an increase of £4,500. The young forward has been excellent so far this season and I am pleased to have nailed him down at the club. It is a similar story for Patsy Warren, who has also agreed to stay at the club till 2022 on £10,000 per week; an increase of £6,500 on his previous deal.

Stuart Hoult has also decided to extend his stay at the club. The young Welshman has had his first taste of first team football this season and has impressed, the club has therefore extended his stay till 2022 on £2,500 per week; an increase of £1,850. Barrie McKay has also finally agreed to a new contract till 2021, his previous deal had run out in the summer. He is now on £8,000 per week, an increase of £6,500. Not entirely happy about the cost but at least if I sell him now I can make some money.
Finally the club also extended Luca Gasparotto's contract with the club, he shall stay at the club till 2021 on £3,000 per week, which is double what he was previously paid. The club also extended the stay of Kyle Hutton, who will remain till 2022 on £7,500 per week; an increase of £5,500.

Cup Summary

Brilliant month for the club. We have progress to the semi-final of the League Cup after overcoming our old firm rivals Celtic. The match was close with our quality of finishing being the difference in the end.
More impressive we are not in pole position to get into the knockout round of the Champions League. Chelsea have run away with the group, but Rangers and Dortmund shall battle it out in the last game to see who goes through. All Rangers need to do is draw to progress.

Summary

The clubs remain the same at the end of the month, with me and Celtic remaining unbeaten over the last month. The club has performed well in all our matches this month; scoring ten goals in three games and only conceding two.
The club this month has won Manager of the Month yet again. We have also won Player of the Month, with Julian Lemarchand picking up the award. Finally the club managed to win Young Player of Month for Daniel Varrini.

Results

2nd​ December 2017
Scottish Cup (4th​ Round)

View attachment 355053

Rangers (3-1) Hibernian
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Graham, Gauld, McDonald

9th​ December 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355054

Rangers (4-1) Raith
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Gauld, Vernadakis (2), Hutton

13th​ December 2017
Champions League (Group)

View attachment 355055

Dortmund (3-5) Rangers
Signal Iduna Park

Goals: Gauld, Armstrong (2), Vernadakis, Bousmaha

17th​ December 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355060

Hamilton (2-4) Rangers
New Douglas Park

Goals: Garcia (2), Armstrong, McDonald

23rd​ December 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355057

Rangers (3-1) Celtic
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: McDonald (3)

26th​ December 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355053

Hibernian (0-2) Rangers
Easter Road Stadium

Goals: Armstrong, Gauld

30th​ December 2017
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355059

Rangers (2-0) Inverness CT
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Graham, Gauld

Cup Summary

What a month! I think I have had my biggest achievement to date with Rangers by qualifying for the 1st knockout round of the Champions League. We went through after an amazing win against Dortmund; who needed to win to progress. They attacked from the start giving me the opportunity to catch them on the counter repeatedly. My defence is not brilliant against big club but my midfield can all score, which gives me the cutting edge against most clubs.

View attachment 355069 View attachment 355071

We have also progressed in the Scottish Cup, but meh, think Champions League is slightly more important to me.

View attachment 355072

Summary

The club has done well in the league. We have won all our games with comfort, including a match against the old firm rivals, Celtic. In the match Gregor McDonald scored a hat-trick to give us a victory, making himself a local favourite straight away, not even joking he is became a favourite personnel after the match.
Not my best month, I only won Manager of the Month. However, on loan striker, Craig Amos, managed to pick up Young Player of the Month after scoring five goals in five appearances.

Results

2nd January 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355094

Aberdeen (0-1) Rangers
Pittodrie Stadium

Goals: McDonald

12th​ January 2018
Friendly

View attachment 355095

Rangers (5-0) Cambuslang
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Pocta, Graham, Donnelly, Duffie, Hodge

21st​ January 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355096

Hearts (1-6) Rangers
Tynecastle Stadium

Goals: Graham (2), McDonald, Vernadakis (2), Lemarchand

24th​ January 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355097

Rangers (2-0) Ross County
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Pedro Ayub, Garcia

27th​ January 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355098

Rangers (1-0) Dundee United
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Lemarchand

31st​ January 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355099

Rangers (3-1) St Mirren
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Pocta, Bousmaha, MacLeod

Transfers

I have become aware that eventually I will have to sell Julian Lemarchand as big clubs want to sign him him up and his wages demands will only increase. With this in mind the club has been seeking potential replacements when the inevitable happens. With this in mind this month the club has signed Milan Pocta from Sparta Prague for £1,000,000. He has signed till 2022 on £6,000 per week. The club has also agreed to buy Edimar from Cruzeiro for a fee of £425,000. The youngster will join on 9th January 2019, when is turns 18.​
Back in 2015 I found a young player with amazing attributes and excellent potential, however he would not be granted a work permit. In this transfer window he was re-scouted by Ze Roberto, who claimed he would now be granted a work permit, as a result I made a bid of £500,000 for the player, Arturo Frias. The bid was accepted and Peruvian international has agreed to join the club till 2022 on £6,000 per week.​
The club also loaned out five players this month. Three, Stephen Haining, Roddy Hodge and Ross Perry have remained in Scotland. While two, Luca Gasparotto and Daniel Bromage have gone on loan to England. The club will receive £315,000 for the loans.

International

This month we had a rather long international break, unfortunately I do not have the screenshots of the round up so I will not be able to share who played for their countries. Regardless, the club arranged a friendly during the international break with affiliated club Cambusland Rangers. The club received £278,000 for the friendly.

Summary

It was a good month; remain unbeaten, although there were some close games this month against Aberdeen and Dundee United. The club now holds nine point lead on Celtic, with a vastly superior goal difference.

View attachment 355111

Not a great month for awards with the club only picking up Manager of the Month. Player of the Month went to Keith Smith of Celtic. I regret now not signing him myself when he was on a free transfer after leaving Sligo Rovers, but his wages put me off. A similar story at the end of last season when he joined Celtic on a free.

View attachment 355112 View attachment 355113 View attachment 355114

View attachment 355115 View attachment 355116

Results

4th​ February 2018
League Cup (Semi Final)

View attachment 355120

St Mirren (0-3) Rangers
Hampden Park

Goals: Graham, Garcia, Bousmaha

7th​ February 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355121

Motherwell (0-3) Rangers
Fir Park

Goals: Graham, Pocta, Lemarchand

11th​ February 2018
Scottish Cup (5th​ Round)

View attachment 355122

Annan (0-1) Rangers
Galabank

Goals: G. Henderson

18th​ February 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355123

Raith (0-2) Rangers
Rangers qualify for the Champions League
Stark’s Park

Goals: Frias, MacLeod

21st​ February 2018
Champions League (1st​ Knockout Round)

View attachment 355124

Rangers (3-1) Arsenal
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Vernadakis (2), Garcia

24th​ February 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355125

Rangers (3-0) Hamilton
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Garcia, Hutton, Bousmaha

Other News

Sergey Kundik has left the club my mutual consent. The club paid the fee of £10,000 to terminate the contract as he was going to any games and had not progressed to an acceptable standard. Kundik played severn league games for Rangers in his stay with the club.

Summary Cup

Where to start? I guess the Champions League, we met Arsenal in Europe for the 3rd​ time in three years and record another amazing win against them. Unfortunately we conceded an away goal, but seeing as I thought we would get hammered I do not think I can really complain.

The club has done well in domestic cups as well. We have progressed in both the Scottish Cup and League Cup. We played poorly against Annan in the Scottish Cup but eventually got the win; my excuse is simple, we played young players who I felt deserved a chance.

Summary

The club has remained unbeaten in the league yet again, although we have only played three games. We have managed to qualify for the Champions League next season, sadly, due to the financial benefits, this is more important than winning the league now.
Not the best month. We have only won the Manager of the Month award this month. Unfortunately we did not pick up any other awards.

Results

3rd​ March 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355157

Celtic (2-3) Rangers
Celtic Park

Goals: Bousmaha (2), Garcia

10th​ March 2018
Scottish Cup (Qtr. Final)

View attachment 355158

Dundee United (0-3) Rangers
Tannadice Park

Goals: Hoult, Garcia, Bousmaha

13th​ March 2018
Champions League (1st​ Knockout Round)

View attachment 355159

Arsenal (2-2) Rangers
Rangers win (5-3) on aggregate
Emirates Stadium

Goals: Pedro Ayub, Di Paola

18th​ March 2018
League Cup (Final)

View attachment 355158

Rangers (1-2) Dundee United
Hampden Park

Goals: Donnelly

21st​ March 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355160

Rangers (4-1) Hibernian
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Gauld (2), Garcia, Donnelly

24th​ March 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355161

Inverness CT (1-3) Rangers

Goals: Graham, McDonald, Hoult

31st​ March 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355162

Rangers (3-0) Aberdeen
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Graham, Lemarchand (2)

International

this month thirty players were called up for international duty from Rangers, however only twenty-severn went on to feature of their countries. This included five for the Scottish national team and fourteen for the Scottish youth teams.​

[TR]
[TD]Country[/TD]
[TD]Squad[/TD]
[TD]Players[/TD]
[TD]Results[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Graham, Gauld, O'Hara, Duffie, Wallace[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (0-0) Hungary [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Switzerland[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Varini[/TD]
[TD]Switzerland (2-1) Faroe Islands[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Czech Republic [/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Pocta[/TD]
[TD]Czech Republic (1-1) Andorra [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]France [/TD]
[TD]B[/TD]
[TD]Lemarchand, Bousmaha[/TD]
[TD]France (2-1) Colombia [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Urquhart, Aird, Steward, Pascazio, McGhee, Amos, Boyd[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (3-3) Israel [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]England[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Waren [/TD]
[TD]England (0-3) Italy[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Germany[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Hauk[/TD]
[TD]Germany (0-0) Sweden [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wales [/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Hoult[/TD]
[TD]Wales (1-2) Iran[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Argentina[/TD]
[TD]U-20[/TD]
[TD]Garcia[/TD]
[TD]Argentina (1-2) Mexico [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-19[/TD]
[TD]Fletcher, Scott, Bankier, Tosh, Moyes, Craig, C. Henderson[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (1-1) Czech Republic [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Youth Prospects

Not a great year for youth prospects with only two catching my eye. They are Garry McGeouch and Jonathan Hendry,, who are both midfielders. I really hope next season I get an exciting young prospect for my defence, rather than have to keep buying them in.

Cup Summary

The club has done it! We have qualified for the quarter finals of the Champions League, where we shall face Porto. We earned a very respectable draw with Arsenal away to secure our progression. The club have been given £3,040,000 for featuring in the knockout round.
The joy of our Champions League success was short lived with a defeat in the League Cup final bringing the team back down to earth with crash. We were poor throughout and only started playing when we got into the second half.
We have progressed into the Scottish Cup semi finals with a good win against Dundee United. With defeat in the League Cup, which is deemed unimportant by my board, I shall endeavour to win the Scottish Cup as a replacement.

Summary

We have managed to get four league games done this month. We managed to achieve a win against Celtic as well this month, which only goes to increasing our lead at the top of the league and hopefully put another nail in Lennon's coffin.

View attachment 355172

The club has won the Manager of the Month award yet again. However, we did not pick up any other awards. The Young Player of the Month, Darren Lynch, has agreed to join Rangers on a free transfer at the end of the season.

View attachment 355173 View attachment 355174 View attachment 355175

View attachment 355176

Results
4th​ April 2018
Champions League (Quarter Final)

View attachment 355182

Porto (2-0) Rangers
Estádio do Dragão

7th​ April 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355183

Ross County (0-2) Rangers
Global Energy Stadium

Goals: McKay, McDonald

10th​ April 2018
Champions League (Quarter Final)

View attachment 355182

Rangers (1-1) Porto
Porto win (3-1) on aggregate
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Gauld

14th​ April 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355184

Rangers (1-1) Motherwell
Rangers win the Scottish Premier League
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: O’Hara

21st​ April 2018
Scottish Cup (Semi Final)

View attachment 355184

Rangers (4-0) Motherwell
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Bousmaha, Frias, Garcia, Pedro Ayub

28th​ April 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355185

Hearts (0-1) Rangers
Tynecastle Stadium

Goals: Lemarchand

Cup Summary

We have lost in the Champions League quarterfinals to last year’s winners, Porto. I think I can take some comfort in the fact we played reasonably well and got a good home draw with a very good Porto team. The club received approx. £3,800,000 for reaching this stage of the competition.
The club has progressed well in the Scottish Cup as we have met the boards target to reach the final with a humiliating 4-0 victory over Motherwell, that will teach them for drawing with me the game before.​

Summary

The club has won the league for the 3rd​ time of asking. The club has changed drastically from the first time we won the title but we have simply improved from then. I am really proud of the team, especially this year when we have decided to go more with youth upfront.
I did not win Manager of the Month, it makes a change, it has gone to Alan Pardew. We only won one award this month and that was Julian Lemarchand picking up the Young Player of the Month award.

May
End of Season Review

View attachment 355196
Results

5th​ May 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355197

Rangers (5-2) Motherwell
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Frias, McDonald, Varini (3)

9th​ May 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355198

Rangers (5-0) Inverness CT
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Graham, Lemarchand, Friar, Bousmaha, MacLeod

12th​ May 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355199

Rangers (1-0) Celtic
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Frais

6th​ May 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355200

Hibernian (1-1) Rangers
Easter Road Stadium

Goals: Armstrong

19th May 2018
Scottish Cup (Final)

View attachment 355199

Celtic (1-1) Rangers
Rangers win (7-6) on penalties
Hampden Park

Goals: Pedro Ayub
Cup Summary

The club has lifted the Scottish Cup for the 4th consecutive year. We had to rely on penalties to overcome Celtic in a close fought battle. I hope to retain the cup next season as well as it is the most prestigious cup I have a chance of winning.
The club were given an extra £4,340,000 for our performance in the Champions League in TV revenue. I am quite pleased in the amount I have earned from the competition this season.

League Summary

I had already won the league so this month did not really mean much unfortunately. We did unfortunately draw our last game against Hibernian. This is the second year in a row I have drawn my final game, I get the impression that the players had gone on holiday early again.

This month I once again failed to win Manager of the Month. I did win Young Player of the Month and Player of the Month awards.

End of season statistics did not not make great reading for the club. We were so way behind in terms of goals and assists. This could be because we are blooding a new striker or that our goals and assists are more evenly distributed, but either way it is not brilliant.

End of Season Awards

This year the award for Manager of the Year has gone to myself for the second time in three years. It is a similar story for Writers' Manager of the year, which I also picked up for the second time.

The club retained Player of the Season for the second year running, this time the award went to Ryan Gauld. Unfortunately top league goalscorer, Gary Hooper, picked up the Player of the Year award.
The player has done well in terms of awards for young players. This seasons Young Player of the Season went to Daniel Varini. Young Player of the Year went to homegrown player Garry Graham. For the Under-19 Player of the Season I can claim some credit as it went to future player Danny Lynch, who joins the club at the end of the season.
The club had six players named in the Team of the Year, while our rivals, Celtic, had five players named in the team. Interestingly it is my defence and their attack in the team.

Team Statistics

Not a great year, my attendances were slightly down, it is probably because I won the league quicker than last season, thus people stopped coming to the games as much.​

[TR]
[TD]Stats[/TD]
[TD]12/13[/TD]
[TD]13/14[/TD]
[TD]14/15[/TD]
[TD]15/16[/TD]
[TD]16/17[/TD]
[TD]17/18[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Games[/TD]
[TD]53[/TD]
[TD]50[/TD]
[TD]50[/TD]
[TD]65[/TD]
[TD]59[/TD]
[TD]61[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Goals[/TD]
[TD]172 (3.2)[/TD]
[TD]162 (3.2)[/TD]
[TD]148 (3.0)[/TD]
[TD]176 (2.7)[/TD]
[TD]175 (3.0)[/TD]
[TD]174 (2.9)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Conc[/TD]
[TD]30 (0.6)[/TD]
[TD]33 (0.7)[/TD]
[TD]20 (0.4)[/TD]
[TD]43 (0.7)[/TD]
[TD]45 (0.8)[/TD]
[TD]46 (0.8)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Yel[/TD]
[TD]95 (1.8)[/TD]
[TD]90 (1.8)[/TD]
[TD]88 (1.8)[/TD]
[TD]121 (1.9[/TD]
[TD]107 (1.8)[/TD]
[TD]112 (1.8)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Red[/TD]
[TD]4 (0.1)[/TD]
[TD]3 (0.1)[/TD]
[TD]4 (0.1)[/TD]
[TD]7 (0.1)[/TD]
[TD]2 (0.0)[/TD]
[TD]2 (0.0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Att[/TD]
[TD]43285[/TD]
[TD]45681[/TD]
[TD]46050[/TD]
[TD]48680[/TD]
[TD]49083[/TD]
[TD]49071[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Att %[/TD]
[TD]84%[/TD]
[TD]89%[/TD]
[TD]90%[/TD]
[TD]95%[/TD]
[TD]96%[/TD]
[TD]96%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sellout[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]29[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Player Statistics

[TR]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD]Position[/TD]
[TD]App[/TD]
[TD]Goals/Con[/TD]
[TD]Assists/Clean Sheets[/TD]
[TD]Rating[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Warren[/TD]
[TD]GK[/TD]
[TD]37[/TD]
[TD]0/21[/TD]
[TD]1/20[/TD]
[TD]7.12[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Stewart[/TD]
[TD]GK[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0/0[/TD]
[TD]0/1[/TD]
[TD]7.0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Di Paola[/TD]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]7.51[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Duffie[/TD]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]7.48[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]C. Henderson[/TD]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]6.70[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wallace [/TD]
[TD]LB[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]7.44[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hauk[/TD]
[TD]LB[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]7.55[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]O'Hara[/TD]
[TD]CB[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]7.37[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Lemarchand[/TD]
[TD]CB[/TD]
[TD]37[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]8.01[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Pocta[/TD]
[TD]CB[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]7.39[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Varini[/TD]
[TD]CB[/TD]
[TD]24[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]7.59[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Graham[/TD]
[TD]CM[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]7.68[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hutton[/TD]
[TD]CM [/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]7.35[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hoult[/TD]
[TD]CM[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]7.17[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Armstrong[/TD]
[TD]CM[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]7.65[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]McKay[/TD]
[TD]RW[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]7.07[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bousmaha[/TD]
[TD]RW[/TD]
[TD]24[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]7.45[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Vernadakis[/TD]
[TD]RW[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]7.72[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]MacLeod[/TD]
[TD]ACM[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]7.26[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Frias[/TD]
[TD]ACM[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]7.53[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Pedro Ayub[/TD]
[TD]ACM[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]7.76[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gauld[/TD]
[TD]LW[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]7.45[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Templeton [/TD]
[TD]LW[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]6.90[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]McDonald[/TD]
[TD]ST[/TD]
[TD]30[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]7.23[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Garcia[/TD]
[TD]ST[/TD]
[TD]27[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]7.10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Donnelly[/TD]
[TD]ST[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]6.95[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Loans and Affiliations

A good year for Berwick Rovers they came 5th in the Scottish Second Division, thus ensuring their survival for at least another year. The club only loaned them three players this year because unfortunately they loaned out a player from a different team.

[TR]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD]Appearance[/TD]
[TD]Goals[/TD]
[TD]Assists[/TD]
[TD]Ratings[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gandola[/TD]
[TD]34[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]6.97[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Donaldson[/TD]
[TD]35[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]7.18[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Pascazio[/TD]
[TD]36[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]6.83[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

The club also loaned players out to several other clubs in Britain. Below is a table charting their performance over the last year:

[TR]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD]Club[/TD]
[TD]Appearance[/TD]
[TD]Goals[/TD]
[TD]Assists[/TD]
[TD]Ratings[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]McGhee[/TD]
[TD]Crystal Palace[/TD]
[TD]43[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]6.73[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Leipertz[/TD]
[TD]Ross County[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]7.01[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Humphries[/TD]
[TD]Carlisle[/TD]
[TD]37[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]6.67[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Perry[/TD]
[TD]Livingston[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]6.93[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Boyd[/TD]
[TD]Patrick Thistle[/TD]
[TD]36[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]6.84[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kundik[/TD]
[TD]Dunfermline[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]6.64[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Moine[/TD]
[TD]LEMANS FC[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]6.30[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Amos[/TD]
[TD]Ross County[/TD]
[TD]35[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]7.23[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Burke[/TD]
[TD]Linfield[/TD]
[TD]29[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]7.30[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Urquhart[/TD]
[TD]Fleetwood[/TD]
[TD]42[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]6.84[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Davidson[/TD]
[TD]Bradford[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]6.69[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Aird[/TD]
[TD]Sheffield United[/TD]
[TD]37[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]6.66[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gasparotto[/TD]
[TD]Southampton[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]6.69[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bromage[/TD]
[TD]Middlesbrough[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]6.45[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Haining[/TD]
[TD]Raith[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]6.66[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hodge[/TD]
[TD]Inverness[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]5.10[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Some of these players will have to go over the next season I have decided as I have too many 'hot prospects' and only 11 places in my team, thus it is time to start clearing out the reserves.​

Last edited:
World Cup 2018

View attachment 355532

Rangers

Rangers have had severn player called up for the 2018 World Cup. The club will receive a fee of £210,000 for the inclusion of these players in their national teams. The Players who have been called up for their national teams are:

[TR]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD]Nation[/TD]
[TD]Age[/TD]
[TD]Caps[/TD]
[TD]Goals[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Graham[/TD]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]O'Hara[/TD]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gauld[/TD]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wallace[/TD]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]30[/TD]
[TD]63[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Duffie[/TD]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]McDonald[/TD]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Varini[/TD]
[TD]Switzerland[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Scotland

Below is the Scotland squad for the World Cup. The team are currently 14th in the world in terms of rankings. I am quite proud that Rangers have the most players from a single club in the squad, while Celtic only have one.

View attachment 355533

You might notice that former Rangers player, Robert Adam, is also included in the squad. Since his sale last season to Norwich he has played poorly, only scoring 2 league goals in 22 appearances.

Friendlies

Scotland has organised two friendlies before the World Cup, while Switzerland have organised three friendlies. Below is the results from theses friendlies:​

2nd June 2018

Egypt (0-4) Scotland
Argentina (2-1) Switzerland

6th June 2018

South Korea (0-1) Switzerland

9th June 2018

South Korea (1-2) Scotland
Switzerland (3-3) Colombia

A good bunch of friendlies for Scotland, not so good for Switzerland. In Rangers specific news, Gregor McDonald made his debut for Scotland and scored a hat-trick to mark the occasion.​

World Cup

Group D

17th June 2018

China (1-2) Scotland
Algeria (0-1) Russia

23rd June 2018

Russia (1-0) China
Scotland (2-0) Algeria

27th June 2018

Scotland (1-0) Russia
China (0-1) Algeria​
Group H

20th June 2018

Switzerland (0-1) Mexico
Belgium (4-1) Chile

25th June 2018

Switzerland (0-2) Belgium
Chile (1-1) Mexico

29th June 2018

Belgium (5-2) Mexico
Chile (2-0) Switzerland

Round 2

Scotland qualified top of their group, while Switzerland managed to finish bottom. Unfortunately Scotland only made it to the 2nd Round themselves where they lost to Argentina.

1st July 2018

Scotland (0-2) Argentina

Not really brilliant from Scotland, who should be getting further in these competitions as they are producing the most youth players in the world.​

Last edited:
Team Evaluation
2018-19

View attachment 355578
Finances

The club finances are better than ever after last season. Despite having to increase several players salaries over the course of the season. The club made £23,885,804 over the course of the year and that is despite my delightful board removing £16,000,000 as a dividend payment to shareholder. Despite the financial stability of the club, I am unwilling to 'spend big' to try and win the Champions League. The club shall continue at the same level as before, being strong enough to challenge in Europe and win in the league.
Due to our excellent financial position the club is now the 25th richest club in the world, rising from 43rd last season. Arsenal are top of the list with a net-value of £1 billion, I would not mind that kind of money, though would still not have my hands on the purse strings.
Over the last season the clubs biggest losses were: tax (£22,255,684), dividends (£16,063,920), wages (£9,571,188), match day expense (£9,267,246) and other (£9,974,346). The clubs biggest areas of income are: gate receipts (£32,415,751), season tickets (£28,124,619), prize money (£20,274,224) and players sold (£11,622,430).

Staff Evaluation

The staff are brilliant, I have amazing coaches who I will not be replacing. The only areas I am tempting to change is to my scouting network and possibly get a new reserve manager, but that is only if there is a good Scottish replacement for them.

Team Evaluation

The club has brilliant strength in depth and an excellent first team which is more than capable of winning the SPL without bringing players in. However, some of my squad want massive wage hikes and they will have to be sold off and replaced. One more point, it is now harder to evaluate players as a good premier league or even a leading one is two stars, an example is Barrie McKay and Kyle Hutton.
There are three standout performers for the team: Patsy Warren, Garry Graham and Julian Lemarchand. They are all brilliant players, with Warren being the most improved in recent seasons, especially since I gave him the opportunity to be the first team goalkeeper.

View attachment 355571 View attachment 355572 View attachment 355574

There are loads of excellent youth player at the club, the standout ones are: Kevin Craig, Pedro Ayub and Matías Di Paola. All but Craig are first team regulars. Craig is not quite good enough yet, and the club has an abundance of strikers, so he will be loaned out this season to see how he performs in a first team environment.

View attachment 355575 View attachment 355576 View attachment 355577

Last edited:

Friendlies

This season the club arranged six friendlies for the second year in a row. This season the club earned £2,419,000 from the fixtures, after our oppositions fee was removed. This season we played three big clubs and three small clubs.

14th July 2018

Rangers (6-0) Cambuslang
Ibrox Stadium

17th July 2018

Ranger (1-3) Liverpool
Ibrox Stadium

22nd July 2018

Rangers (8-0) Fort William
Ibrox Stadium

28th July 2018

Rangers (2-3) Man United
Ibrox Stadium

1st August 2018

Rangers (1-2) Arsenal
Ibrox Stadium

4th August 2018

Rangers (13-0) ​Stirling Boys Club
Ibrox Stadium

As you can see attendances are up slightly this season in the big matches, which will hopefully lead to a higher gate receipt at the end of the season and the opportunity to expand Ibrox Stadium, which in turn will make me more money when I have sellouts in Europe and in domestic games.

Staff

This pre-season the club brought in two new scouts that will hopefully help the club find more youth players at a cheaper rate. The two scouts, Chris White and Raffael, are both reasonably good and quite young, so hopefully they develop into good scouts of the future. I have also decided to organise scouting myself, which I had previously left to my chief scout.

Transfers

I am not sure how I feel about this transfer window really. There have been some ups and one massive down. All in all I was able to get rid of several players who were simply not good enough for Rangers, or rather the squad was too big for them to ever get a chance to play. So where to start? I guess I should start with people who left on free transfers. There were ten players who left on free transfers, but only two big names. David Templeton and Ross Perry both left, freeing up £13,000 per week from the wage budget. Templeton was excellent in the lower leagues but not good enough in the Premier League and did not get a look in with Ryan Gauld joining. Ross Perry was brilliant till he was injured for five months. I hope they both find clubs where they get first team football.
The club then set about bringing in young players as ever in the hope that they will have a bright future at the club. This season all the players we brought were youth players, however there are two who will not being playing in the first team, they are Darren Lynch and Nicolaj Lund. Lynch was the Under-19 Player of the Season last season and has joined from Hamilton on a free transfer. He will cost the club £750 per week till 2021. Lund is an excellent prospect who I signed from FC Nordsjælland for £220,000. He will cost the club £1,500 per week till 2021.​

The club has sold off one big player, well I mean massive, the club has sold Julian Lemarchand to Fulham for £13,000,000 and the promise of 50% of any profits made on the player. A host of big clubs were interested in him and I decided the price was good, not great but good, and the 50% of profits will hopefully make the deal acceptable. Also his £18,000 per week was large for the club and I did not feel comfortable with the large amount. We have Varini who is more than capable of filling his boots.
The club has signed a replacement for Lemarchand, who has the potential to be much better, however he is still only 17, and will cost the club £3,200,000 from Guarani (PAR). Oscar Nunes has joined the club till 2021 on a wage of £650 per week. I shall try and play him in as many games as possible this season. The club also signed a second Paraguayan youngster, Andrés Bogado, from Libertad for a fee of £3,100,000. He is on the left wing primary as a eventual replacement for Ryan Gauld, who wants over £30,000 per week to re-negotiate his contract. Thankfully his contract is not up till 2021. Bogado has signed till 2022 on £8,000 per week.

View attachment 355660 View attachment 355637

The club has also sold off a number of fringe players this season. The club sold Greg Pascazio for £60,000 to Carlisle; Mathias Leipertz to Ingolstadt for £100,000 and Stuart Urquhart to Bolton for £250,000. All three players have a clause in their transfer which will enable to club to pocket 50% of any profits made from them.

View attachment 355719 View attachment 355721 View attachment 355722

Finally, the club has also loaned several players who might still make it at the club or who I simply could not sell off for a decent price. Eighteen players have been loaned out including: Ross Stewart , Stephen Boyd, Craig Amos, Jordon McGhee (by request) and Luca Gasparotta. The club will receive £307,500 for the players during the course of the loan.

View attachment 355726

Overall, the club has sold £13,492,500 worth of players but brought in £6,520,000 worth, making a profit of £6,972,500. The club also removed £36,190 off the weekly wage budget, we added £10,900 onto it, giving us a saving of £25,290 or £1,315,080 over the course of the season.

Last edited:

Results

11th August 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355741

Hibernian (1-4) Rangers
Easter Road Stadium

Goals: McDonald (3), MacLeod

18th August 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355742

Rangers (3-0) Aberdeen
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Graham, Varini, Di Paola

25th August 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 355743

Ross County (0-1) Rangers
Global Energy Stadium

Other News

Jordan McGhee has signed a new contract with the club that will keep him here till 2023. He was in the final year of his contract and no clubs would loan him out till his future was secured. He is now on £3,000 per week, a raise of £2,000.

Daniel Varini reached a milestone this month by making his 50th league appearance for Rangers in a match against Hibernian. He is now my first choice centre back, which is quite a leap from last season when he was battling it out with O'Hara.

Summary
The club has started really well this season, we have won all our games and played reasonably well. It is difficult though as I have such a large squad, I would love to start trimming it down more but no one is interested in Kyle Hutton, Barrie McKay or Ryan Donnelly. Oh and Celtic have already dropped points by losing to St Mirren (2-1) at home. This result was partly due to Michael Bostwick, who they signed on a free in the summer, being sent off... Thank you Michael.
the club has got a clean sweep of awards this month, winning Manager of the Month, Young Player of the Month and Player of the Month. I just hope it continues.​

Results

1st September 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 356202

Rangers (1-0) Patrick Thistle
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Varini

8th September 2018
Friendly

View attachment 356203

Rangers (5-1) Dunblane Thistle
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: McKay (2), Pedro Ayub, Donnelly, Hall

16th September 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 356204

Rangers (2-1) Celtic
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Pedro Ayub, McDonald

19th September 2018
Champions League (Group)

View attachment 356205

Rangers (1-0) Arsenal
Ibrox Stadium

22nd September 2018

Scottish Premier League

View attachment 356206

Dundee United (0-3) Rangers
Tannadice Park

Goals: Garcia (2), McDonald

25th September 2018
League Cup (3rd Round)

View attachment 356207

Morton (1-4) Rangers
Cappielow Park

Goals: O'Hara, Donnelly (2), Bogado

29th September 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 356208

Hearts (1-5) Rangers
Tynecastle Stadium

Goals: Bousmaha (3), Armstrong

Internationals

This month the club had twenty-eight players involved in international duty at a variety of levels, including six for the Scottish national team. I think shows how multinational my team is now, which is something that I regret, I would love to play an all Scottish 11 but the players have not been good enough. I think I might upgrade my youth facilities again to try and produce better players.​

[TR]
[TD]Country[/TD]
[TD]Squad[/TD]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD]Results[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Graham, Gauld, Armstrong, Duffie, Wallace, McDonald[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (0-0) Argentina
Scotland (4-0) N. Ireland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Paraguay[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Nunes, Bogado[/TD]
[TD]Paraguay (0-1) France
Paraguay (0-2) Saudi Arabia[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Panama[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Rodriquez[/TD]
[TD]Panama (3-0) Bahamas
Panama (3-1) Puerto Rico[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Peru[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Frias[/TD]
[TD]Peru (2-2) Andorra
Peru (1-0) Trinidad and Tobago[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Switzerland[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Varini[/TD]
[TD]Switzerland (4-0) Bulgaria
Switzerland (2-1) Japan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Czech Republic[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Pocta[/TD]
[TD]Czech (1-0) Montenegro
Czech (2-0) Malta[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Craig, Lynch, Tosh, Boyd, Amos[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (3-1) Slovenia
Scotland (5-0) Andorra[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]France[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Bousmaha[/TD]
[TD]France (2-1) N. Ireland
France (4-1) S. Korea[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Denmark[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Lund[/TD]
[TD]Denmark (4-1) Poland
Denmark (0-2) Germany[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Germany[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Vernadakis, Hauk[/TD]
[TD]Germany (1-1) Israel
Germany (2-0) Denmark[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wales[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Hoult, Bromage[/TD]
[TD]Wales (3-0) Malta
Wales (0-3) Russia[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Argentina[/TD]
[TD]U-20[/TD]
[TD]Garcia[/TD]
[TD]Argentina (2-4) Egypt[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-19[/TD]
[TD]Moyes, Bankier, Snodgrass, Scott, Fletcher[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (3-0) Moldova
Scotland (1-0) Andorra[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

While these internationals were taking place the club organised a friendly against Dunblane Thistle. We won the game with predictable ease. The club made £284,000 from the friendly, which will benefit the club coffers for the month.

Other News

There were only two milestone this month. Patsy Warren made his 75th career league appearance in the game against Celtic, while Pedro Ayub made his 50th in the same game. The match was a fight affair as one can predict, but we emerged victorious.
Cup Summary

This season the club will once again feature in the Champions League. The groups have been drawn and we have Arsenal, Benfica and Valencia in our group. We have already played our first game against Arsenal at Ibrox Stadium, the team beat Arsenal yet again, proving the media and bookies wrong. We did not play well though and were heavily reliant on Patsy Warren in goal.
I am aiming to win the League Cup this season after missing out on it last season in the final. We went some way to making that a reality this month by winning our opening 3rd Round match against Morton.​

Summary

The club are top still after a month unbeaten. I am most pleased with the win against Celtic, which gives us an extra three point advantage on our old firm rivals. In the match I was down to my 3rd and 4th choice defenders after O'Hara got the flu and Varini got injured on international duty.
I won Manager of the Month again, mainly because I was the only manager with an 100% this month. We missed out on Player of the Month but managed to retain Young Player of the Month, which went to Garry Graham.

Last edited:

Results

2nd October 2018
Champions League (Group)

View attachment 356221

Benfica (0-0) Rangers
Estádio da Luz

6th October 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 356222

Rangers (2-0) Hamilton
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Bogado, Hutton

13th October 2018
Friendly

View attachment 356223

Rangers (4-1) Fort William
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: McKay, Donnelly, Pedro Ayub, Darroch

20th October 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 356224

Rangers (6-1) Motherwell
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Bousmaha (2), Graham, Pedro Ayub, McDonald, Garcia

23rd October 2018
Champions League (Group)

View attachment 356225

Rangers (2-1) Valencia
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Graham, Pedro Ayub

27th October 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 356226

Inverness CT (1-4) Rangers

Goals: Di Paola, Hutton, Bogado, McDonald

31st October 2018
League Cup (Qtr. Final)

View attachment 356227

Rangers (3-0) Patrick Thistle
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Garcia (2), Donnelly

International

This month twenty-one players were involved in international duty for their countries at a variety of levels, including Di Paola earning his first cap for Argentina.

[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Country[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Squad[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Player[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Results[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Scotland[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Main[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]McDonald, Graham, Gauld, Armstrong, Duffie, Wallace[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Scotland (1-1) Brazil
Scotland (2-0) Faroe Islands[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Peru[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Frias[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Peru (0-4) Holland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Panama[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Rodriquez[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Panama (3-0) Anguilla[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Argentina[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Di Paola[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Argentina (6-0) Honduras[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Paraguay [/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Nunes[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Paraguay (3-2) Iran[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Czech Republic [/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Pocta[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Czech (1-1) Croatia [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Scotland[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]U-21[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Amos, Craig, C. Henderson, Hodge, Boyd[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Scotland (0-0) Poland
Scotland (2-1) Denmark[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Germany[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Vernadakis, Hauk[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Germany (2-1) Slovakia
Germany (4-0) Hungary [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Wales [/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Hoult, Bromage[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Wales (3-2) Serbia
Wales (1-0) Estonia[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]France[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Bousmaha[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]France (6-1) Belarus[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

The club arranged a friendly with Fort William during the international break. The friendly took place at Ibrox Stadium and brought in £282,000 for the club.

Other News

This month several players reached milestones for the club and in their careers. Milan Pocta made his 125th career league appearance in the match against Hamilton. Matias Di Paola made his 50th league appearance for Rangers in the match against Motherwell. Finally, Patsy Warren made his 75th league appearance for Rangers in the match against Inverness.

Cup Summary

Undefeated after the first round of games in the Champions League! It is an amazing achievement for such a young squad. The match against Valencia was, well, easy, I look forward to the next match against them, and will hopefully qualify for the next stages.

View attachment 356231 View attachment 356232

We also progressed in the League Cup by beating Patrick Thistle easily at home, unfortunately it was not a sellout as I had hoped, but oh well, plenty more games, my average attendance so far is about 50,000 so I will begging the board for am extension soon, then I will really cash in when I have big games in Europe and against Celtic.

View attachment 356233

Summary

Celtic have lost again!!! This time at home to Ross County. Maybe it is their commitments in the Europa League that is holding them back this season. Who knows, regardless it has given me the chance to extend my lead yet again.

View attachment 356237

An odd month, we only won Manager of the Month this month. Not great for the club but at least we are pushing ahead in the league.

View attachment 356239 View attachment 356240 View attachment 356241

Results

3rd November 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 356259

St Mirren (1-3) Rangers
St Mirren Park

Goals: Gauld, Pedro Ayub, Hutton

7th November 2018
Champions League (Group)

View attachment 356263

Valencia (1-3) Rangers
Nuevo Mestalla

Goals: Graham (2), Pedro Ayub

10th November 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 356265

Rangers (2-1) Hibernian
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: O'Hara, Hutton

14th November 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 356273

Rangers (3-2) Ross County
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: McDonald, Bousmaha, Gauld

17th November 2018
Friendly

View attachment 356274

Rangers (4-0) Cambuslang
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Snodgrass, Pocta, Donnelly, McDonald

24th November 2018
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 356276

Partrick Thistle (0-2) Rangers
Firhill

Goals: McDonald, Bousmaha

27th November 2018
Champions League (Group)

View attachment 356283

Arsenal (1-0) Rangers
Emirates Stadium

International

This month the club had twenty-eight players called up for international duty. Twenty-six players featured for their countries at a variety of levels, including severn for Scotland. Also Argentina played Di Paola again for the second time, I think he might be a regular now.

[TR]
[TD]Country[/TD]
[TD]Squad[/TD]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD]Result[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Graham, O'Hara, Gauld, Armstrong, Duffie, Wallace, McDonald[/TD]
[TD]Scotland(4-3) Ecuador[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Paraguay[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Nunes, Bogado [/TD]
[TD]Paraguay (1-0) Iran [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Panama[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Rodriguez[/TD]
[TD]Panama (3-0) St Kitts[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Peru[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Frias[/TD]
[TD]Peru (2-1) Costa Rica[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Czech Republic[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Pocta[/TD]
[TD]Czech (0-1) England[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Argentina[/TD]
[TD]Main[/TD]
[TD]Di Paola[/TD]
[TD]Argentina (3-2) Australia[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Fletcher, Craig, Lynch, Boyd, Amos[/TD]
[TD]Scotland (2-0) Iceland [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]France[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Bousmaha[/TD]
[TD]France (3-0) Switzerland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Germany[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Vernadakis [/TD]
[TD]Germany (2-1) Faroe Islands[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wales[/TD]
[TD]U-21[/TD]
[TD]Bromage, Hoult[/TD]
[TD]Wales (1-2) Israel [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Argentina[/TD]
[TD]U-20[/TD]
[TD]Garcia [/TD]
[TD]Argentina (3-1) Egypt [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD]U-19[/TD]
[TD]C. Henderson, Hendry, Snodgrass, Moyes [/TD]
[TD]Scotland (2-1) Czech [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

The club as ever organised a friendly during the break. The friendly brought in £278,000 for the club. Unfortunately most of my players were back from international duty by then and my assistant, Murray, did not feel the need to play the youth players.

Other News

A number of players have reached milestones this month. In the match against St Mirren two players achieved milestones. Stuart Armstrong played his 75th league appearance for Rangers, while Lee Wallace made his 200th appearance for the club. In the match against Partick Thistle Kyle Hutton made his 175th appearance for Rangers, whilst Nicolaj Lund made his 25th career league appearance.

I was offered the Reading job after Chris Powell was sacked. Reading sit 18th in the Premier League. I rejected the offer and stayed at Rangers. Neil Lennon was then offered the job and accepted it. Celtic have appointed Mark Hughes as their new manager.

A number of players signed new contracts this month. Stuart Armstrong agreed to stay at the club till 2023 on a wage of £9,000 per week, which is just £1,000 more than he was previously on. Kieran Duffie signed till 2023 on a wage of £3,500, which is £2,000 more than his previous contract. Mark O'Hara has agreed to extend his stay till 2023 on a wage of £6,000, which is £2,500 more than he was previously paid. Karim Bousmaha also extended his stay till 2023 on a wage of £8,000, which is a £1,000 increase on his previous salary. Finally Lee Wallace has agreed to stay at the club till 2021 on a wage of £10,000, which is a pay cut by £5,000 per week. Overall, the club has increased its budget by £1,500 to keep these players at the club.

Staff Changes

The club this month terminated the contract of Darren Cross, who had been at the club till 2012. The club employed Steven Gerrard as our new Reserve Manager. Gerrard has joined the club on £1,500 per week, which is £1,050 more than Cross was previously on.

The club has also renewed several contracts of key members of staff: Nicky Weaver (scout), Jon Whitney (physio), Lee McCulloch (coach), Neil Murray (Ast. Manager), Martyn Pert (fitness), Kristjaan Speakman (youth development) and Andrew Leishman (U-19 fitness). All have signed till 2013, costing the club an extra £2,150 per week in wages.

Cup Summary

The club has had a mixed month in regards to the Champions League, we won one and lost one. In the match against Arsenal we lost by a single goal in what was a close match, while we Valencia easily away. It has once again all come down to the last match against Benfica, if i draw or win I go through, however if I lose I have to rely upon Arsenal to lose, which is unlikely.

Summary

Might as well just give me the title now. Celtic have again dropped points, this time losing away at Hamilton and then drawing Hearts. We now have an eleven point lead on Celtic in the league. A concern is my lack of goals this season though. We have scored only 41 goals, which is lower than normal.
This month we won nothing, not even Manager of the Month, this is because of the few number of league games we played in the league.

Back