tfgoK.png

SIDDHARTHA GURUNG - FUTURE JOSE MOURINHO?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post categories: Premier League, Chelsea
Phil McNulty | 17:21 UK time, Friday, 6 May 2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2KJuz.png

3 May, 2011. Just a couple of days ago the football world were shocked yet again as Chelsea get through to the Champions League Final, beating Inter Milan (last year's winner) 6-2 at aggregate.

It seems like Siddhartha Gurung keeps surprising the whole world with his consecutive great results. Now, it might seem like a easy thing with Chelsea, but you have to remember: this is Gurung's first managerial experience ever. Before this job, Siddhartha used to be the assistant mangers of AFC Wimbledon, QPR and, before he left, Carlo Ancelotti's Chelsea. When he first got the job there was major uproar from everywhere. As Chelsea fans blasted at Roman Abromavich for appointing such rookie at a crucial part of the season, the rest just clapped for making such decision. As for Gurung... well, he is quite with the press.

But how did Gurung turn 5th place Chelsea, with a threat of no Champions League spot, to Premier League challenger at mid-season?

Firstly, Gurung has the advantage that many new managers usually don't - he knows the club. How? Well, he was the second hand man of Ancelotti after Wilkins left. Siddhartha must have known the players very well; he did train them. Maybe that's one of the reasons why the Chelsea board appointed him. Anyhow, this must have been a huge advantage for Mr Gurung as it means he doesn't really have to adapt to the club.

Another reason has to be the in-form Fernando Torres. El Nino, as his nicknames goes, has scored sixteen goals in fourteen starts, with four assists too, ever since Mr Gurung took over. Ever since the £50 million bid was accepted by Liverpool, most football fans had said that Torres would be a flop at Chelsea, since his favourite role of lone striker would be taken away because of Drogba. These two players were too similar; both want the ball given to them, both are prolific goal scorers, both normally play alone. But Gurung had somehow come up with a tactic that suits both players. Drogba hasn't no where near scored as much as Torres, although he still comes up with crucial goals and compliments Fernando too. Now, they are the perfect pair.

a6rWU.jpg

Torres has been on goal-scoring streak ever since Gurung took over Photo: Getty

Finally, the tactic Gurung uses seems to have triggered a spark at the Chelsea squad. Suddenly, they were winning 6-2 against very high reputable teams like AC Milan. The formation is a 4-1-2-2-1, and it consists of, that's right, one striker. This was mainly used after Drogba got injured for six weeks. Before that, Chelsea were playing with a 4-1-2-1-2. Let's concentrate on the former.

This is the tactic in picture:

ABnAm.png

As you can see, this is a bit similar to the Barcelona formation. As the defence goes, Terry and Luiz should do a great job, and they have been also been help attacking with their threat from set-pieces and rare long balls. Ivanovic and Ashley Cole are both great full-backs both attack and defence, so that's sorted. It's the midfield that's the most interesting section of the tactic.

There are five players at the centre of the field - three at the middle and two out wide. Essien is a brilliant defensive midfielder who goes forward at time to time, but really he normally stays just in front of the defence. Ramires is a all-around player; he defends and attacks whenever the chance appears. His stamina and some speed helps him on this role. Lampard plays as the main 'playmaker', setting passes to Torres and the wingers while also going out to shoot for himself. He is a very attacking-minded midfielder so this role is perfect for him. Benayoun and Malouda are both our wingers, and they will supply crosses and through balls to Torres. So the midfield is all-good, just like the defence.

Finally, Fernando Torres, our lone striker. He plays very well in this role - when he gets the ball he can use his skill and flair to get past the defenders. He is also a clinical finisher; if anyone remembers that stunning volley against Blackburn back at 2009 you will know what I'm talking about. His a great finisher, got flair and can score from just about anywhere, whether it's a header or a tight-angle volley, Torres can make it go in.

Well, we just have been through three evidences about how Gurung has achieved what is a remarkable achievement of winning all his games (except the draw with West Brom). Whether he will keep this form going on or not I do not know, but what I do know is this - this guy has got potential to be a great manager.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

Any comments?

great update :)

Brillian update mate :) Very interesting to read.

Fan-diddlyastic mate! :)

folloowing good luck

Hehe, I seem to have attarcted a lot of Chelsea fans to this story ;)

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

My heart was beating. Fast. I was looking forward to this game but that was some weeks ago. Now I wanted to be in a distance. My fans would be relying on me to win this game. It is so important for every Chelsea fan. We might not be rivals, but we **** would want to win THIS game. We were against... Manchester United.

THE BIG MATCH
xHttL.png
VS.
RXTFV.png

Saturday, 7 May 2011
Referee: Lee Probert
Attendance: 71,521
Stadium: Old Trafford

I still remember that ******** from Alex Ferguson some few months ago. Saying I would be a major flop and everything. Well, look where I am. Champions League final and third, even though I was against the odds. I really wanted to win against him, so he could shut his mouth. So I tried fielding a strong side today. Just before I reached the dressing rooms, I quickly checked out today's line-ups:

ctgbc.jpg

I calmed down a bit. Rooney was injured for a few weeks so at least he couldn't play. I don't know why Ferguson chose Owen over Hernandez but that's his loss. Berbatov has been playing very well last few games however, so I had to look out for that. Except that, I wasn't too worried.

"This is it, lads. Manchester United. Whoever has played in this club before will know how much we want to win this game. The fans will be expecting a performance out there. They have spent their hard-earned cash to watch us win, so go out there and play your ***** out. Now go!"

As I went to shake Ferguson's hand, he merely just showed me his hand and didn't even look. "Yeah, keep chewing your ******* gum, scumbag," I thought as I sat down. I sighed. The referee blew his whistle and the match began.

The First Half

qadoZ.jpg

The first half was a very balanced half. Both us and Man United kept cancelling each other out. I could see Fernando was trying really hard, but he just couldn't get his shots to go in. One time he shot from twenty yards and it hit the bar! Berbatov also spelled his magic and nearly scored, it took a good save from Cech to keep it out. So I told Terry to mark him and it kept quite for the rest of the half. Overall a okay half but we need to pressure them more.

The Second Half

Ile7W.jpg

The second half looked to be the same as the first for most of the half. Torres wasn't really performing, plus Ramires seemed tired, so I substituted both of them for Anelka and Obi Mikel. It was only after that the game really livened up. At the 78 minute, Essien passed it to John Obi Mikel. He passes it to Lampard who turns... then shoots from thirty yards... it flies past Ferdinand... it goes past Van Dar Sar too and it HITS THE BACK OF THE NET! WHAT A GOAL! I was literally jumping up and down with the hands in the air. That goal was beautiful. Ten minutes left. Game on.

The team really seems to have been lifted from the goal. Their passes were a lot more confident. Ferguson was shouting, no screaming to his players, telling them to go forward and some other shouts. Anelka... skims the bar! Zhirkov... just over! I had my fingers crossed: "Please, please, one more goal!" Then it was a United corner.

83 minute. Giggs took the corner. Almost all the players from United were at the box; only Hargreaves was outside the 18 yard box. Obi Mikel headed the ball out. Zhirkov picked it up... and passes to Anelka. Wait, his onside! No one's back, Hargeaves kept Anelka onside, who was sprinting towards Van Dar Sar! I was on the edge of my seat. Anelka was in the box. He takes it hard and low... and past Van Dar Sar! 2-0! I jumped and celebrated with the players. This was huge. What a end to the match. But it wasn't over.

The game was kicked off by Man United. They took it rather quickly. Fletcher got the ball, then passed it to Giggs. He looked up and passed it to Berbatov. Wait, why is he free?! I though Terry was marking him! As he posed himself to shoot my hands were already on my head. He scored. 2-1.

I screamed at my defence. "Why the **** are you sleeping?! Terry, what was that?! Come on guys, switch on!" I sat down again. Two minutes injury time. I just wanted this game to be over.

After some intense moments, the referee finally blew his whistle. I flew my hands up the air. We came, we fought, we conquered.

FINAL SCORE: MAN UNITED 1 - 2 CHELSEA

Man of the Match
dluwn.jpg

David Luiz (7.50)
What a great job he did at defence. Tackled Owen beautifully at times and was sometimes being a major threat at corners. Another great performance by the Brazilian.

I had promised the lads that if we win, we would have a party tonight. Guess I have to treat them. I just hope Ashley doesn't try anything funny.

----------

11:30 PM. I was getting a bit drunk but was loving the club we went to. The atmosphere was electric, the DJs played just about the right song at the right time, the lads and me were enjoying ourselves. Then I noticed a girl. She looked perfect; blonde, caramel complexion, shining blue eyes. I couldn't get my eyes off her. She noticed me. I quickly turned away, trying not to look like a pervert. Then she approached me.

"I saw you looking, Mr Gurung."
"Just call me Sid. This ain't work, is it?"

We started talking. I thought I was really successful; she was really falling for me. Her name was Lucy Whilkes, 24 years old. Get in there, Sid! was what I thought. Then after some more talking, she whispered on my ear:

"Let's go to your place. I could show you a thing or two there,"

My heart started racing. I grabbed her hand and started walking towards the car park. Terry noticed me and shouted out

"Who's that bird, Sid? Someone we should know about?"
"Mind your own business John," was all I blurted out as I turned on my Lamborghini (I sold my Austin Martin - got bored of it) When we did reach my place, I started wondering. How could she have fallen for me so quickly? I swear we just spoke about for like five minutes. She must be so desperate. Maybe she's heavily drunk? I doubt it; she smelt nothing like alcohol. It was either love in first sight, or-
"£100 for a all-nighter."
a prostitute.

Excellent detail and effort gone into the man united vs chelsea game! great result and amazing efforts in writing it buddy! :) fantastic! love the bottom bit about the nightclub! wat an awesome little story in itself! :) great idea :) keep this up! fantastic story :)

P.s nose around mine sumtime soon again :)

Excellent detail and effort gone into the man united vs chelsea game! great result and amazing efforts in writing it buddy! :) fantastic! love the bottom bit about the nightclub! wat an awesome little story in itself! :) great idea :) keep this up! fantastic story :)

P.s nose around mine sumtime soon again :)

Hehe, thanks pal :)
I will

Starting a Chelsea save because of this, and brill update pal

what's happening with your rags to riches story?

Talking of stories, here comes a cheap and shameless plug...Check out how it's going in Serie A with my Palermo story

Thanks mate :)

whens the next update?
Was going to be today, but it will be postponed till tommoraw because I have guests :mad:

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:03 AM ----------

*yawn* As I stretch my arms and scratch the back of my head I suddenly stopped. Was that all a dream? As I came out of bed I found a piece of paper. I picked it up. It had a note:

"You were great last night XX Lucy
PS. Look outside"

Ah. It wasn't a dream.

Stretching my arms again I put on my robe and started walking towards the kitchen. Then suddenly I saw a flash.

What was that? I think it was outside the window. As I walked towards the door and opened it, flashes came out of nowhere. When I was able to recover and open my eyes... I saw a whole bunch of photographers and press.

"THAT ******* *****!" was all I could scream out.

--------

Stamford Bridge, London

I0T7H.jpg

I was a nervous wreck. As I sat right outside Abromavich's office I felt like as if I was a schoolboy, waiting for the headteacher. When he told me to come in, I gulped, wished myself luck, then turned the handle.

"Please sit there, Mr Gurung."

I sat down at the opposite of the table. I was so nervous, I even thought there was sweat coming down my neck.

"Mr Gurung, would you like to explain THIS to me?"

He passed on a iPad to me. As I used all my strength to look down at the device, it had this on the screen:

hL7NP.png

LatOT.png

Last updated: 8th May 2011

Mr Siddhartha Gurung, caretaker manager of Chelsea football club, has been said to have been with a prostitute last night, according to a unknown source.

Gurung, who has been producing excellent results as a manager, has shocked the whole country with this news. The prostitute is identified to be 24-year old Lucy Whilkes. The price Gurung paid is estimated to be £140-£180. This supports the debate for introducing a minimum age to become a manager, for young managers are able to cause trouble. Mr Gurung, who is 26 years old, has had one of the best starts he could ask for on his managerial debut, with eleven wins on thirteen games.

"Err... well..."

"What is this? WHAT IS THIS?! Why the **** did you ******* have *** with a ******* prostitute?! Don't you know who you are? The manager of Chelsea! The press are now going to follow every move you make, every mistake you make they will make a note of it! This is a huge embarrassment for me, big embarrassment for the fans, big embarrassment for the club! What were you thinking?!"

"I-"

"Don't speak! I had seen enough of you today. I can't still believe this... you're a nice lad. I am pretty sure there were ******* thousands of girls on the nightclub, but no, you have to **** a PROSTITUTE!"

"I'm so-"

"I thought hiring you was a good thing... I thought, in the form we were in, you was doing a brilliant job... but this had to happen... if you want to keep the job you have to do one thing."

"What is it, Mr Abromavich?"

"Win the Champions League. Beat Barcelona. Now leave."

I stood and started walking towards the door. Before I got out though, Roman said:
"Oh, and no wages for three weeks. So you don't make the same mistake again."

I drove straight to my house. I didn't feel like going to training.