The Rise of an Empire by club former known as S.S. Montevito

• Thread starter Thread starter choices
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 91
  • Views Views 15K

choices

Reaction score
The club was founded in 1974 and was S.S. Montevito until the 2004-2005 season where it switched its name to F.C. Fiorentino. Before the change they won the league once in 1992. Even with the name change nothing has happened to this team. Prior to the season as an Amateur status the Board and Chairman Primo Moretti decided to let go off their coach and would go over-sea's to get their new coach.

New Coach: Chris Harper (29.05.85) is now the youngest coach in Campionato Sammarinese league. He is also an American, but does have ties to San Marino. Also does speak three languages which might come in more handy than his lack of coaching. This is his first team to coach despite being of International Status for the U.S.A. instead of San Marino. He does speak spanish that might be the key for this team to take the next step if he is looking to bring in some of that talent from either Spain or South America.

View attachment 243440

At the press conference only one reporter showed up, and it wasn't even for a tv or radio show, but an online blog that the college student does.

"How does it feel to finally get your first coaching job, but it isn't even for a professional team?"

"Not a big deal, we shall soon be professional."

"Bold statement from a new coach that is predicted to finished 7th in the league"

"I don't pay attention to predictions. Only take one game at a time, and in this league anything can happen."
"Does that mean you will bring in new players. How about coaching staff"

"Some players, but since we are amateur I don't really know any amateur players. As for coaches I just got here and didn't even meet the staff so I have no idea who and what is here right now."
"What are your predictions for the year"

"I don't do predictions like I said, but I will promise we won't finish last. How is that for a prediction?"
"Funny. Almost as funny as you coaching in San Marino where no one even cares about a new coach."

"If you want to bet I promise to increase the fan base, and that is to start after this. With that I better go meet my staff and get to work so I am not the laughing stock of this league."
"Can I quote you on that?"

"Your words not mine, but sure."
"One last question. Will you jump ship to a bigger team?"

"Lets see if I can stay on as coach here for more than one year shall we?"

This is started due to Sammyt for creating the Sammerese leagues. Also to do the affect that I played over 20 seasons as San Marino from the Challenge. This is solely to see if I can get the Sammerese league to at least a top 4 ranking if not number 1. Although might not be able to do so before the next year's game comes out. If I don't then I will start right off the bat to see if I can do it. So I am in it for the long haul.

To all my San Marino friends from the challenge hopefully I can do proud by finally taking over in Campionato Sammarinese. Hope everyone else enjoys it.

following this mate love the challange so this one should be good.

Coach Harper would decline to see an intersquad match, and instead go and schedule six friendlies with other teams with one being another one from Campionato Sammarinese. We would finished off with a 2-3-1 record with the following results:

Vis Casa Del Diavolo (Italy) 1-1
Cesenatico (Italy) 1-1
Lucca (Italy) 1-2
Pianese (Italy) 1-1
Urbino (Italy) 2-1
Tre Penne (San Marino) 2-1

Also before the last friendly we currently now have our team in place. Coach Harper did go out and get some people, fourteen to be exact. It would be needed as four of our players would be poached from our team with one of our young guys (Sammarines too) who was our co-captain.

Coach Ryan had to say this about the friendlies, "
This was set up not for the money (only would get around $120 average), but more of a way to get our guys a little more comfortable with our new formations. We will mostly be running two, but for right now we will just work with one and see how that goes."

Not to bad so far with that record and hopefully they can carry those wins into the new year. Still not anywhere close of being used to the new tactics. Also the big signing would be an new assistant coach which coach Harper was very surprised to be able to ****** on a part time offer.

2011-2012 Season (Amateur)

Since our team is Amateur I really am not going to put much stock in half a season or even monthly updates. I apologize if you really want to see it, but with the high turnover rate from the influx of new players and losing people to actually clubs really no reason to get too attached to my players since they won't be on my team for very long.

To start the year we couldn't seem to do well. We were 4-0-3 to start the year in the league, and 0-1-2 in the Coppa Titano. Mostly had to do with a couple of injuries. We would lose another two players before the new year due to a team coming in and taking him. We wouldn't sign anyone else (since we still have a very deep team that some can't even be register for our team since we are over the cap). For the season this is how the transfers looked for our team.

YEARLY TRANSFERS

View attachment 243846

COPPA TITANO

View attachment 243847

After three games to start this and only registering one point we finally got on track and won our last five games to place second in our group. I really wouldn't pay attention when it came to the playoff game for Coppa, and it would backfire on me. I already claimed the league two games before so I was using my younger players to get some playing time.

View attachment 243848

Actually scored first, but was called back on a offside call. Still would dominate the game, but one late goal they had would cost us the game. Despite losing in the quarter final we did have someone win a award for this group.

View attachment 243849

Davide Nicolini would bring home this award to be first of three awards. Sure he had a couple of goals in this league, but he wouldn't just use it all for the Coppa Titano.

CAMPIONATO SAMMARINESE

View attachment 243850

Started off the year a little slow. With some injuries (9 in the first four games) we had to change our formation from a 4-4-2 to a 4-1-2-2-1 which went from being the bottom two teams to the top team to run away with the league.

View attachment 243851

This would be the jump we needed to pick up some steam in the league which helped us in the league. Also during this run we also broke some scoring records and team records, including these:

View attachment 243852View attachment 243853

As the year would wind down and we already had the league the awards would come in. Coach Harper would be the Coach of the Year, while our striker who somehow we would still keep on our team just dominated the league.

View attachment 243855View attachment 243856

We would face off against the Cosmos in the playoff's. One of us would complete the double since they won the Coppa Titano, but it would be use as we would win both games to seal up the win. Despite us winning the double, while we were suppose to finish seventh, the league would actually drop places.

View attachment 243857View attachment 243858

Still all the teams are still a half star, but we rose in the standings in the league. Getting closer to getting out of the Amateur status. At the most we are three years away.

View attachment 243859

Don't have the money to improve training or youth facilities. So might as well go to the second best thing and improve our Junior Coaching. Still won't be able to bring in top players in for quiet a while, but when I actually get professional this will help more than that it will be next year.

BEST XI

View attachment 243860

well done on winning the league, your already doing better then me as it took me until second season to get any silverware. hopefully you'll be able to get through the first qualifying round of the champions league at the start of next season.

2012-2013 Season (Second year as Amateur)

YEARLY TRANSFERS
View attachment 244266
Didn't bring in as many asthe first year since we were dominate. The players we did were allstarters for our team, even though one was out with injury for 5months to start the year. Although we did lose 3 players to otherteams the bigger hit would come at the end of the year when we had atleast 12 players retire.

COPPA TITANO

View attachment 244267
We would tie our first game of the year to start out in Coppa with a 2-2 tie. That would be the closest anyone else would come to us as we would blow out everyone else we faced and would only give up two more goals in the seven games. We wouldn't lose in the quarter's this year by playing bench people, and from that we would cruise to our first trophy of the year.

CAMPIONATO SAMMARINESE

View attachment 244268
17 points ahead of second. Nothing too fancy although we would put up a lot of scoring in the league and it all wasn't from our stud striker, but he really just dominates this amateur league. The only losses on the year came in the league.

RECORDS AND AWARDS

View attachment 244269
Last year it was a six game unbeaten streak. This year the first six game unbeaten streak came with six straight shutouts. We would end the year on a 18 gameunbeaten streak (17-1-0).

View attachment 244270View attachment 244271
Decided to show you how amazing he is as he sealed up the second straight year of this award and why he is leading my team with 35+ goals a year. Man I forgot how bad Amateur clubs are.

View attachment 244272View attachment 244273
All Sammarinese players awards in which we actually had some in final since they got to play more this year. Might be a little easier next year to get more players in due to all the retirements, but also need to make sure I don't go out and get all those good Italian players though for free.

View attachment 244274
Coach Harper got his second straight year as Coach of the Year. He probably will get it every year unless some other team can contend with him. Problem is, right now it looks as if our team will be the first to get out of Amateur by the way we been playing.

View attachment 244275View attachment 244276
The first year on the team and the last year since he would be snatched by San Marino (can I really be mad at San Marino for this?) Don't know if I can break this record for the third straight year.

View attachment 244277View attachment 244278View attachment 244279
Biggest win again would only take a year under coach Harper as he did it again. This year might be a little bit harder to achieve though since 7-1 and 8-0 aresome big wins. Still with one of those wins we also got the quickest goal which I know will stand for at least a couple of years.

CLUB AND LEAGUE REP

View attachment 244280View attachment 244281View attachment 244282
Even despite me losing in the Champs league game our league taking a big boost to break the 500mark. Mostly had to do with our team moving up 373 places, but sadly still not the best rep of the league. Which is shocking since it seems as no one can defeat me.

BEST XI

View attachment 244283
This will be the last year you will see some of these guys due to retirements and also losing to San Marino. While the door is open we need to keep pushing though for greatness to hopefully become semi-professional.​

Last edited:
2013-2014 Season (3rd as Amateur)

​YEARLY TRANSFERS:

View attachment 244309

Despite the retired players, and half of them joined my team as coaches, we didn't bring hardly anyone in. The players we did lose we decided to let them go as other teams wanted them, and they hardly played for me. Plus they were getting up in age.

COPPA TITANO

View attachment 244310

Nothing special here as again we cruise. If we didn't have trouble last year we weren't really going to have any this year with the exact same teams. That is if injuries didn't prevent us from. We didn't have any injuries at the beginning, but they would come at the end when we were fighting in the playoff for the trophies.

CAMPIONATO SAMMARINESE

View attachment 244311

Some reason we were in Group B, and I don't really know the difference of the groups (I will look that up I guess), but the only difference is that we would play 3 less games than group A. We wouldn't lead in points from both groups like last year, but would be close despite playing 3 less games and was only 2 points off. Some injuries did happen at the end in which we dropped 3 of our last 6 games.

RECORDS AND AWARDS

View attachment 244312

Well start it off with our coach. For the third straight year has won it and he should since he has won eight trophies in that time with the treble this year.

View attachment 244313View attachment 244314

Again Nicolo dominated the league despite getting up in age, or so my reports on him at 33. Might look for a replacement next year if his stats totally drop off or pick up someone to see if we can run with two strikers, but right now is just too dominate for the league.

View attachment 244325View attachment 244326View attachment 244327

All the awards from just San Marino players in the league. GK wins it for the second straight year, and finally getting some other players to win it. Still no striker or close to it since we don't even have a San Marino to sniff at first time. The only one we have is in our youth system and he is fourth on the roster if we moved him to the senior squad.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
CLUB AND LEAGUE REP

[/FONT]View attachment 244315[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]View attachment 244316View attachment 244317
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]Winning everything will do this still. The question now becomes is when will the rest of the teams catch up. Since there is no one ahead of us the goal now is to see how long it will take to become professional?

View attachment 244318

I know it basically means nothing yet since no team will qualify basically, but at least our rep is growing that hopefully some teams can upset and get some money from playing in the Euro Cup.

SPONSORSHIP

View attachment 244319

So the tv rights have gone up, the league final standings have gone up, and yet we lose money. We are one of the worst in the league (think we are actually tied) at just 7K now a year.

BEST XI

View attachment 244320View attachment 244322

With change in the air, or well on the cusp, might as well show the best XI for this year and of all-time cause it looks as if there will be some shakeups here in the next couple of years cause of...

THE FIRST STEP TO THE TOP...

View attachment 244323View attachment 244324

Thought it would be next year in all honestly. Reason why it happened this year was cause we got into the EURO Cup by somehow managing to get to the playoff stage in Champs league. We were heavy favorites in the first round, the second and third were all about upsets as we won 1-1 (on agg) and then 1-0 against some better teams than us, but not great by any chance since we did have almost odds at home. Just bunker up and somehow won. We lost in the playoff to Celtic who beat us 0-2 at home and then 0-5 on the road. Didn't win a game in the EURO Cup, but did lose 0-2 at home to the third place team. Should of won, but Davide was suspended, and we picked up a red card in the first 15 minutes. Also we got to improve both training and youth facilities last year and at the end we got to approve another from the money we received by the EURO Cup.​

oh this is going to be absolutely epic!

good luck mate, you certainly had a fantastic start. And kudos to sammyt for his great job creating the Campionato Sammarinese, looks amazing really.

Brilliant, Semi-pro and upgraded facilities you will be top of the world soon. Can you post a screenshot of your European Qualification places please.

Last edited:
Brilliant, Semi-pro and upgraded facilities you will be top of the world soon. Can you post a screenshot of your European Qualification places please.

Really don't know why you want to see it. Wasn't close in hardly any of the games. Still am shocked that I got there. I love that you think upgrading my facilities I will be on the top of the world soon. By 2022 I should be able to get out of the group stage of the Champs League (that is under the assumption that I get professional status by 2016). And my facilities are still terrible. A picture will becoming during next season.

EDIT: Hopefully this is what you wanted.

View attachment 244563

Last edited:
First couple of months as Semi-Professional

We have started out not like our normal selves this with a record of 2-1-5. Granted two of those losses were friendlies to Betis who asked for us at the end of last season. Funny is we got more money (35) than we have gotten for an revenue for a game. Guess that will work when you only have 1,000 of a fan base. (Yes I have decided to build facilities than build a new stadium). Also lost to Fiorentina reserves.

We did start off the year with a 1-1-0 record as we would face off against Llanelli in the champs cup qualifier as we tied our first game and then won at home 1-0. We would dominate them but barely came out with the win.

View attachment 244532

The second stage wouldn't be like last year where we would soon face off to what is becoming a team we hate to face. Last year Celtic knocked us out of the playoff stage to not let us get to the Champs League Group stage. Now we go to face them and just like last year show that we aren't even in the same league as them.

View attachment 244533

Our biggest win of the year and probably most important came right before the season started as we take on San Marino in the San Marino Challenge. Right now the odds aren't that much in their favorite as our status is growing and their's are like in real life stalling. At least we are Semi that when they come asking for players from my team they will have to pay them off. We are not tied for winning this competition the most with San Marino as we won it last year as well. This year was a lot more defense than last year since we won 4-3 the previous year.

View attachment 244540

TAXES, No one likes TAXES!

View attachment 244536

For not having everyone being paid the taxes have now arise for our team. Now we are consistently losing money a month which looks to mean that plans to improve facilities are now on hold since we won't have to funds to even build one. Well at least we worked on it soon to hopefully help us out going forward.

TRANSFER MARKET

View attachment 244542

In the first three years coach Harper went out and did what any Amateur coach did. Went wild bringing in a bunch of talent since he knew he was going to lose some. Sure we lost 15 people the first three years, but we brought in a lot more with 42 people. With a bunch of retirements and losing those players you would think that with just 35 people on the senior team, and with the ability to get people to a contract that people would come in. Sadly though coach Harper has been quiet on the western front as he hasn't even looked to be interested in bringing in people as after the transfer window closed no one was brought in. Harper had this to say though, "Right now we don't really need to bring in anyone. We won the treble last year and basically have the same team. Sure everyone is a year older, but we believe everyone has the experience and still gas in the tank to do the same as last year. If not then the next transfer window we will start to look. As of now we are trying to keep our taxes low and make sure that if we do spend money on players it will be people who will actually play and not just eat salary by sitting on the bench."

The screenshot you edited in was the one I wanted. You're doing great and if you have an improvement in European Qualification places please can you post the Screenshot as it is a sign of progression.

The screenshot you edited in was the one I wanted. You're doing great and if you have an improvement in European Qualification places please can you post the Screenshot as it is a sign of progression.

Everything else stayed the same for Champs league, just got another spot in the Euro Cup. I did post a picture of it in the yearly one (its under records), but if that isn't it I am sorry. Although I will post the new picture cause after the new season we don't have to play in the first round playoff's though.

2014-2015 Season (1st as Semi-Professional)

Since the site is again not working for photo's I guess I will just do a recap of it.

TRANSFERS: Only loss one player on the year. It was a 33 year old player who was getting less playing time for some younger guys.

TREBLE: Again did the treble. First was winning against San Marino in the San Marino challenge. In the league we dominate the league once again. Even despite getting into Semi-Professional (and only team in the league) and not signing anyone we cruised in the league. The Coppa was a little different. We didn't win our group. Came down to the last game of the year, but we won it. Reason why we faltered was our goal keeper was suspended for six of the eight games after picking up two red cards, and we have no backup basically. We did tie most games, but wasn't good to win the group. We did have our goalie back which meant that when the playoff's came we won both Coppa and the league to give us the treble.

​ FINANCES: We lost money every month (around 13K) unless we got money from winning a tournament or whatnot. Taxes are killing us, but at least we are still in the positive. At least the money revenue is growing:

First place in the league: 17.25K to 29.8K
TV Rights: under 500 (forgot to keep it second year was 575) to 1.57K
CS Final: 5.75K to 9.93K
Coppa Final: wasn't in it the first year (second year was 11.5K) to 19.87K

Sure it's not a lot, but what do you expect from half a star teams in a league. Also we only sold 69 season tickets for the year (last two years was 66) and lead the league in attendance with 394.

RECORDS: Youngest goalscorer: Francesco Ciro Carlino with two in one game at age 14 years and 141 days

Youngest goalscorer in Coppa: Gianluca Vitello who was 14 years and 283 days

The team is still the best in the league after the second straight year of winning the treble, but the league still all has half star teams, but he league prestige is now a full one star.

Nicolini again won both the top goal scorer (3rd straight yr) and Pallone di Cristallo for the 2nd straight year, sadly he is up in age now at 34 and it looks as if it might be the end of the road for him.

Coach Harper won his third stright manager award, and it doesn't look like he ever will until another team becomes professional. I know I am Semi, but by the time someone is Semi I should be Professional.

The league moved up 73 places to move into 273rd place. Also which is my the league is now a full one star.

Team in European Competition is now cracked the 500 spot as we moved up 451 places to 427th now.

League Sponsorship is at 110K while our team is still at 7K. Something needs to change!

FACILITIES: Youth and training facilities are upgraded so we are now Adequate for training and Basic Youth.

NEW YEAR: After finally having to pay for some people since other teams wanted we finally got a budget and transfer budget.

Wage Budget: 1.2K (that's right folks big budget now!!!)
Transfer Budget: 588K

Last edited:
2015-2016 Season (2nd as Semi-Professional)

YEARLY TRANSFERS

View attachment 245094
No one out this year, mostly cause all the people I have are old or about the same as the other teams. We would bring in seven guys, and all seven would be starters for our team. Our goalie is already a legend at the club, and is decent since he is called up the the national team of San Marino, that our team is looking good. After a year of not bringing in anyone these people would all be to contracts.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Nothing to report here. We did get ourselves some lucky draws again as we would first go up against Lech in which we won 2-0 at home and then lost 1-3 away. Then F.C. Rapid Bucharest was next and while they were very similar to Lech we would just dominate them with a 1-0 and then a 2-0 win. Playoff's came and could we get a weak team (Videoton) in the draw. We would miss them and get stuck with Sparta Prague in which like Celtic would just dominate us to send us to the Euro Cup for the second time in three years.

EURO CUP

Just like the last time we got here we were place in a very tough group. Again wouldn't win a game, and again only scored two goals throughout. It wasn't very good especially when three out our players that we got on free's this year were injured.

SAN MARINO CHALLENGE

View attachment 245095

In what could of been our third straight win we got off to a very poor start. Maybe it was cause some people were injured and had to play some other people who didn't have the fitness, but in the end we came up short in extra time. Although if we continue to improve our team then it will be soon enough where we will dominate San Marino on a yearly basis.

COPPA TITANO

View attachment 245096

Unacceptable. We will get this out of the way right now. The one tie. For dominating the group how did we end a game with a 3-3 tie when we were up 3-1 at half. We never give up a lead at half! Seriously we never do. Still it was a good year since it would be the first year we gave up single digits in the stage. We would cruise in the playoff's to give us our first trophy.

CAMPIONATO SAMMARINESE

View attachment 245097

Now you can see why we are so upset from the tie in Coppa. Sure we had an undefeated, but it could of been the perfect season. That is of just the league, not the San Marino Challenge or Champs stage or Euro Cup. Were close to 90 goals on the year, and now the question becomes can we hit the century mark. Right now it looks like it could be since everyone is Amateur and we are Semi-Professional.

It's a Sad Day...

We would basically move the beloved Nicolini (Club Icon) to the bench. He is getting up in age, and at the end of the year said that he will play for one more year and then retired. He only got to start in 3 games and play in a total of 10 last year due to three different injuries. With that a new guy would come in and shatter his records this year.

MAURIZIO CESANA

View attachment 245098View attachment 245101View attachment 245103View attachment 245104View attachment 245112View attachment 245157

First would the most goals in the game. Nicolini would have four in a game. The third league game we would break it with five in a game. Two weeks later it would be another game of five. Then finally he would break his own record with this masterpiece. After the season three more scoring records would fall. Also who would ever though we would have the top marksmen in Europe in just our fourth year. With those high score games can two more team records which follows...

View attachment 245099View attachment 245100

Although Cesana would break the scoring and man of the match awards another record would fall as it would be assits. It wouldn't be Cesana since he can't assist himself so another player would finally get in on the action.

VINCENZO SACCINA

View attachment 245111View attachment 245113

With going with a undefeated season Coach Harper would again win the Coach of the Year. This really doesn't look to change anytime soon. Also we still continue to win some local awards at the end of the year.

View attachment 245121View attachment 245122View attachment 245123

BEST XI

View attachment 245128View attachment 245129

Things are chaning with the team and out of the seven new guys this year already four of them made it in the the All-Time Best XI.

NEW SEASON NEWS AND WHAT IT MEANS...

View attachment 245130

Will take most of our tranfer money and put it into wages. When every other team is still Amateur things are not that important since if there is any great players we can buy them, and all the great people are basically on our team.

Oh, no BOARD!!!

Again with the playing in the Euro Cup we had the money to upgrade our training facilities and youth facilities. At the of the year the board would cancel our youth facilities for...

View attachment 245139

This is good and bad. Really want our youth facilities to grow so I don't have to go out and buy people (although all the people I got were free's so no worries). Yes the youth isn't going to become great overnight with amazing superstars, but at least if they weren't good enough to sign to a youth contract they could be picked up by other San Marino teams to help out the league. Yes very small baby steps, but that is what is needed to get teams to hopefully still become competitive in a couple of years (they would and could crack first team by 18 or 19). Still more seats means more money, but still can't break 75% capacity. Last year had average of 581 which was 58 percent.

CLUB AND LEAGUE REP

View attachment 245158View attachment 245159View attachment 245160

Still stayed the same half star, but at least every other club is still rising. League finally said we are now in the second qualify in Champs League is official. Last year were in it, but apparently wasn't official.

Wins keep piling up...

The big news coming into the season was what are we going to do without an Assistant Coach. Our's retired and everyone else wants at least $1,000 in wages and we are still Semi so we can only offer $250 max. So we will go the whole year without an Assistant Coach.

Champions Cup Qualifier

Someone sure likes us apparently as we got our second straight year of easy opponents. Or I shouldn't say easy, but teams that are on our level. Again would make it to the Playoff's and this year we got our easy opponent in F.C. Rapid Bucharest. We played them before and this year would have the same results as we would win to achieve the invitation to Champs league. We have a 5001 chance of winning, and honestly doubt I will win a game since our group is very hard.

View attachment 245664

Well at least we have the finances now to continue to build up our facilities. Question now arises should we do training as well as youth since last year we started to do work on both before youth was scrapped to use money for the new stadium.

Sure our odds are terrible, but here is some promising matches we had as a friendly.

View attachment 245665View attachment 245666

Sure the result in the Parma game wasn't very good since we didn't even score, but looking at the stats we didn't look to shabby. Still the second game (which was posted first) we did win. Not saying I will get out of the group stage, but I don't think it will be as bad as I first though of like losing 0-10 or like that. Still might not score a lot, but at least we are still improving.

View attachment 245667

Also since this doesn't cost any money might as well work on it if we have the chance too. Big things are right around the corner!​

Are you still going to update this or are you just having a break.

For some reason i can't upload pictures anymore on this site. Just Diablo III came out and all my friends have been asking me to play with that. I will try to post an update either today or tomorrow. It isn't dead just sad I couldn't post so I been waiting too see if I could. If not I will just do another recap then.

Back