The Rise of an Empire by club former known as S.S. Montevito

• Thread starter Thread starter choices
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 91
  • Views Views 15K
Great story mate, keep up the good work. Was just wondering though, what is the prize money like for your league now? To keep my San Marino challenge interesting I am trying to improve the quality of the CS by pumping some money into the teams through buying some of thier players, but there are only two semi-professional teams and two professional teams because the prize money is so low with the league having such a poor reputation. Saying that Cosmos (my feeder club) did qualify for the Champions League group stage this year :D

Finally some other teams are following in your footsteps and now it should get easier and easier because more money will be coming in for the other teams in the league and the quicker the rep and quality of players will improve also you need a new striker to be able to stay way ahead of the semi-pro sides. I'm also looking forward to you becoming the manager or the national side which can't be that bad now they've got a pretty good professional side and a couple of semi-pro teams.

The money isn't good. At least not yet. I need not only more clubs to get semi status, but also need them to build new stadiums. Also I need to sell at least 3K a game which currently I am not, and that would put me just over 50% full. Currently under 35% right now. As for your striker yes I do, but no one wants to come since our league is so bad, and thinking that 100 best league in the world is actually better than what the game is giving me credit for.

This is a great read mate and you have really well so far. I say that in the next 20 years you will be a European power house and your league will have at least 5 professional clubs :) can not wait for the next installment :D

I am glad you are liking it. In 20 years I hope that I can be a power house, but like you said about having 5 professional clubs we need to have more than that. Or at least every club semi. Still waiting for the day that we beat a team in the Champs group stage. Heck I would be happy if we tie.

You're unlikely to become a Powerhouse from academy players due to the youth rating.

You're unlikely to become a Powerhouse from academy players due to the youth rating.

Don't be knocking our youth team. Sure we are not that good, or well we are downright pitiful in the youth recruitment area, but as for youth facilities we are not that bad as most people think. Guess it is time to post the million dollar season then.

2019-2020 Season (3rd as Professional)

YEARLY TRANSFERS and ONE Million Dollars

View attachment 251409View attachment 251410

Before the sell of Essomba our salary for the year was around the 1.3 million mark with the new players we added at the beginning of the year. This would be our first transfer that coach Harper would be able to see and approve since the board didn't already jump and say yes. It was a no brainer for us as well. He was unhappy about his contract (at 2.4K the highest on the team), and wanted to play for a better team. After the sell the salary for the year was just at the million dollar mark. The other team teams who just went to semi professional the beginning of the year didn't waste spending money at 100K and then 15K a year. I was surprised to see the 100K for the year cause that is a lot of money. Especially since it took me like 3 years to finally pay someone for my team.

Coppa Titano and Camppionato Sammarines

View attachment 251413View attachment 251414

For the second straight year we had some injuries pop up all at once for two periods. Sure if you looked at goals scored it doesn't look to bad. Especially for goals scored against as we gave up ten total in both competitions. Problem was in Coppa we would end up with one tie. Which you would say isn't that bad, but the four goals given up in that league game in one game as we tied 4-4. So that is why we were a little depressed by our standings in that. 78 goals in CS isn't that poor, but for us and our team it was. Again our injuries played more of an effect in this league scoring than anything else.

Records

View attachment 251416View attachment 251417View attachment 251424

Let's start with our attendance. Again happens at the end of the year for the CS final. It's fine, but would like this to happen on an average game for the league. The gate receipts were nice, it's just something needs to give since our salary is now over one million and we don't get much from our gates.

View attachment 251418

The bad. Again if the tie was the worst when we had players injuried in the league this was the worst when it came to Champs league. In this game we had all midfielders play our ST, AMR and AML position as well due to suspensions and injuries, and this is what happened against a really good team.

View attachment 251419View attachment 251420

Another year another different player who comes up as the top scorer. He is young and looks to be on our team for a while so if he stays healthy he might win it for a while. Again healthy and if we don't buy another top striker means he SHOULD win it for another year or so. Also if we don't sell him.

League Standings

View attachment 251421View attachment 251422View attachment 251423

26 places for the League! We are now sitting in 82nd. I knew we would move up, but not by that much. Oh this is getting exciting now. My team I though was already in the 100's, but since I just rose 100 places to hit into the 100's I guess that was untrue from last year. We know now have a full star above any other team in the league. They have a lot of catching up to do, and yet no one wants to higher coach Harper for a national team?

Best XI

View attachment 251428View attachment 251429

Faetano

View attachment 251430

Third team in two years to turn Semi-Professional. Will one of these team's be able to rival me and final give me the first loss in the league in over four years?

​ Sponsorship

View attachment 251431

Does anyone think in 20 years we will hit for the league over 1M in sponsorships?

Also for Scotty I didn't ignore your question about the prize money since I was going to post it after this year. Currently this is what it stands.

TV 18.84K
San Marino Challenge 75.35K
Trofeo Federale 376K

1st place 565K
Coppa Final 376K
CC Revenue 937K (since I can never get out of group stage with a tie or win)
CS Fubak 188K

New Assistant Manager

After the season we decided to not resign our Assistant Manager who was up for a new contract.

View attachment 251434

Most people think Gennari was not resigned since we had three ties in the past two years, but since he was the only coach we could sign for under 575K a week, and how does our assistant coach get paid but not my head coach?, we decided to actually look for an upgrade since we had finally had over 1,000 dollars we can spend on a coach. Sure he isn't the long term solution, but right now is better than what we have. Now just have to work on my other coaches. With that here is our new assistant coach...

View attachment 251435

Really interesting this, think I may start a CS save after I stop playing the San Marino challenge. How far away do you think you are from starting to pick up points in the Champions League, would be good if you could pick up third place so you get into the last 32 of the Europa League. Or even if you just lost your match in the fourth qualifying round so you could see how well you'd do in the Europa League group stages, obviously you wouldn't want that to happen though ;)

Really interesting this, think I may start a CS save after I stop playing the San Marino challenge. How far away do you think you are from starting to pick up points in the Champions League, would be good if you could pick up third place so you get into the last 32 of the Europa League. Or even if you just lost your match in the fourth qualifying round so you could see how well you'd do in the Europa League group stages, obviously you wouldn't want that to happen though ;)

well since my team always gets in the group of death it will take a while for me to actually become relevent to actually compete for the top 2 spots.

However, SPOILER ALERT so if you don't want to read just skip the next paragraph.

To start picking up points is in the new season, and I actually picked up third place to get into the last 32 Europa League. I had two really good teams (Man Utd. or that was in my Fifa game) and someone else. I did have Celtic for the only chance and I tied at their place and won at home. Heading into the year I got my salary up to 80K a week but only spending 26K I think. Prior was around 15K a week so you can see I brough in some new players as well. I didn't do anything in Europa League as I had to play a really good team but lost 1-3 on agg. My team is getting there and finally all the money I am pumping into training and youth facilities look to finally bring in some better people. So maybe the 20 years to become a reckoning force isn't that far off from the truth.

Your doing really well now! Considering how awful the league was to begin with :)
im glad that my prediction is fairly close to the truth :D it will be a steep slope tho

YEARLY TRANSFERS

View attachment 251958

This is a double edge sword. We signed 6 people this year and two of them are over 1 million for value now and our third player is our striker who won the awards last year (Aguilar). For the third straight year we sold a person, and this year it was two and we got a million for it which helped put for the training grounds. Problem now is that since our team is getting good, so is our salaries and right now we need to make more noise in Champs League to justify these salaries or we are going to start losing a ton of money.

Coppa Titano and Campionato Sammarines

I was super excited how his season turned out that I forgot to take photo's of both. I do remember most of it, but not the exact numbers (like goal scores or goals against) but they are close. So here goes. We went undefeated again during both of these. We only gave up 4 goals in Coppa (I know for sure), and we scored 100 goals in CS by the 18th game (for group B they only play 18 games). We did end up over 110 goals on the year and gave up like 7 or so goals in the league (it was single digits though).

One sad news is that we did snap our consecutive goals in a game match at 190 (or so again can't remember and can't find the page for it). We were in the finals of the CS playoff's and I was up 3-0 at their place. So at home I rested some guys to try out some younger people. We outshot them 25-2, but couldn't seem to put one in. That was the only saw news of this year.

Champs League

View attachment 251962View attachment 251964

Let's talk about the good news first. Only 8 goals allowed! Prior to this year the lowest we allowed was 19 which was last year. Improvement finally!!! Although the bigger teams we are getting crush on shots. Basically like our final in CS playoff is the opposite for us though in Champs league. The great news is that we actually got money this year from the group stage as we tied Celtic at their place and won at home against them. Also would be the first thing we would crack a million in revenue in something. Hey it's a start!

Since we would finish in third we could get to the Euro Cup as well, but would have to face off against FC Bayern. That didn't go over too well since we lost easily 1-3 and was out shot 38-11 in both games with only 1 shot away in which we scored on.

Records

View attachment 252023View attachment 252024

Again for the second straight year the record falls for the final of the CS playoff game. Too bad it was a bore 0-0 score.

View attachment 251965

If anyone say him breaking this record good for you. If anything I though it would be Aguilar at least. I doubt anyone will beat this record though now. This might be the untouchable one now.

View attachment 252025View attachment 252026View attachment 252028View attachment 252029View attachment 252031

I guess Aguilar has enough records this year that he didn't need the fastest scoring goal in a match. He prior to the year was listed at 600K and now is the third player listed over 1 million. Also would be the second player in the history of our team that has won Europe's top marksman.

Best XI

View attachment 252032View attachment 252033View attachment 252034

Just in case you think that Aguilar did all of our scoring as you can see he didn't. He also made the best XI after just two years even if it is for the bench, but also looks as in two years will break the scoring record for our team if he stays healthy.

The one that made the team...
View attachment 252035

Sure people might think it is crazy that we keep spending money on training and youth facilities every year without having money to bring in at least decent coaches or having any training sets for our players. Yes I know the rest of our league is terrible, and our scouting locations are limited, so basically we are throwing money away to improve this. Yes the incoming youth players are terrible and will never see the pitch for our senior squad, but the top player in this year's class just...will he make the team....can't be cause of Aguilar is just tearing up the league, but oh my look at some of his stats. He could play against the league and hopefully do well. So the past 12 million on youth facilities look to at least bring in one person maybe a year now that might be able to play for our senior squad. Hopefully San Marino doesn't cap him cause either I want to coach the team or at least not have him injured for playing for them.

More off-season news

If you build it, they will come...

Coach Harper is just blowing through the league. How so you ask. He has been coach for 3,670 days which has almost means he is close to his 500 games (currently standing in at 473). In that time his record is in good shape with a 356-38-79 record. Although against his fellow San Marino teams he is boasting a very impressive 64-9-5 record in the Coppa Titano and a 189-5-12 in the CS. For a total record of 253-14-17 record in 284 total games. What is shocking though is that we actually have more losses than ties in the CS which I was shocked to find out. Our team just finished its fourth year as professional team and the ONLY professional team.

League and Team Rep

View attachment 252461View attachment 252462View attachment 252463

For the league moving up 25 places to 57th now in the world is well quite amazing especially since we still can't make over one million on any thing in the league. Although that is about to change here in a bit. As for our team we are now in double digits just like our league. Still am not close to actually advancing in the group stage, but when we can attract better players and have the money to keep them on our team instead of getting poached it will be a different story (hey we do have 3 players over 1 million in value now). Still the only team that is above a half star though.

View attachment 252466

Sure we stayed the same in Champs league for the spot. It doesn't really affect us since our team is good enough to qualify now, or well at least until we play a Liverpool or Athletico Madrid team or something like that. The big news, and it's not that big since no one can still qualify, is the places in the ECC. One day this will be good for the league as it will make more money when more teams can qualify.

Sponsorships

View attachment 252464View attachment 252465

The league would jump up from last year by 250K. Which looks good, but the majority of that was from our team getting two new sponsorships to rank in the money. Hey we are getting up there so that is good. More money for the team means more money to spend on players for the team in return means we might finally be a force in the Euro Cup.

If one friend jumps off a bridge, would you...?

View attachment 252467View attachment 252468View attachment 252469View attachment 252470View attachment 252471View attachment 252472

Apparently in San Marino this statement would be a "this is a stupid question. Of course I would!" as six teams after the year pronounced that it was turning Semi-Professional. That means in the upcoming year of the CS that in Group A there are now out of the seven other teams that we will be facing that five of them are now Semi-Professional.

3 of the 7 teams in Group B are now Semi-Professional. Now I know that most people are not really keeping count , but that is now 8 teams are now Semi-Professional. If you were very good about keeping track there is actually suppose to be nine teams right? Well you are correct, but sadly one of them is no longer Semi-Professional.

View attachment 252473

Which means that only one club in our CS stage is only Amateur. While this is very impressive and we do have some good teams now the question is will anyone rival us in the next 3 years since they still do have a lot of catching up to do since we have a salary of 80K a week (or we can just not there yet). Most people would say it is the calmest durning the eye of the storm, but if this is the eye it is not calm at all, and when the storm is over how exciting will it all be?

Tre Fiori might now progress through a European stage that will improve European Rankings and all the other Semi-Pro clubs are going to be stronger.

2021-2022 Season PART 1

This season has been a little wacky so decided to break it into two parts again.
Transfers

View attachment 254744
One signing was at the beginning of the year, in which he had to take a leave for a while since he was homesick. Again for the fourth straight year we sold a player. While we need help on defense, he was getting old and wasn't playing much and decided to take the big payout. With that selling of the player made it that much easier to sign the second guy who came in the Jan transfer window.

The Good...

View attachment 254745View attachment 254746

Never had this big of a blowout in the playoff stage for the Champs league. Sure we have won 10-1 or 9-0 in the second round of the qualifiers, but never by this big of a margin when the game was on the line to see if we would have a spot in the Champs League. As long as we get teams like these for the playoff we should easily make it every year.

View attachment 254747

For the second striaght year we end up with a 1-1-4 record in the group stage and make it to the Euro Cup after getting bounced after the fourth game of the group stage. Still don't have a strong team to actually beat a team, although we did come close to Bayern at home with a 0-1 loss. So at least another million dollars from tv rights should be coming to us at the end of the year.

View attachment 254748

Nothing to crazy happening as we continue to win despite having most teams getting to Semi-professional. Also we already claimed the double as we won against San Marino in the San Marino Challenge (we were extremely heavy favorites...just sounds weird to say), and won the cup.

Bad to just plain Worst...

View attachment 254749

First it was injuries. Then came suspensions to just yellow cards collected or just straight reds. At one point we only had two subs for games and one was just a goalie. So it wasn't that big of a shock, again especially since most of the people in our group are semi professional now, that we would tie.

View attachment 254750

One of the worst moments for Coach Harper since he has been here. It would of been understandable if it was against Tre Fiori since they are the only other professional team in the league, but to a Semi Professional team, and to lose by an own goal right before regulation is just heartbreaking. If there was ever a time I would of rage quit or to play the game again it would be this game.

the mighty pennarossa strike again ;) If only my pennarossa side could face your fiorentino side, even though i'm 2 years behind you and still semi pro i'm sure we'd give you a run for your money.

the mighty pennarossa strike again ;) If only my pennarossa side could face your fiorentino side, even though i'm 2 years behind you and still semi pro i'm sure we'd give you a run for your money.

I love with you did with your team, and if it was currently this seasons team, with no injuries there is no way you could complete with my team. I really haven't showed how stacked they were. Although it is funny. Most teams even when they were amateur had at least one amazing player, and I am talking like almost as good as mine on their team. I could never get any of those guys when I was an Amateur. Still can't even offer most of them a contract to play for my team, although now they would just be bench players.

I don't even want to post the rest of this season either. Although Sammy a question for you. Have you ever gotten a parent club since you are quite far in your season as well? I always ask and the Board says "yes we need to look into it." and then I get a response later saying "it wouldn't benefit the team to have a parent club." Seriously? Apparently they think we are fine since we are better than everyone else in the league but get stomped by the big boys.

I love with you did with your team, and if it was currently this seasons team, with no injuries there is no way you could complete with my team. I really haven't showed how stacked they were. Although it is funny. Most teams even when they were amateur had at least one amazing player, and I am talking like almost as good as mine on their team. I could never get any of those guys when I was an Amateur. Still can't even offer most of them a contract to play for my team, although now they would just be bench players.

I don't even want to post the rest of this season either. Although Sammy a question for you. Have you ever gotten a parent club since you are quite far in your season as well? I always ask and the Board says "yes we need to look into it." and then I get a response later saying "it wouldn't benefit the team to have a parent club." Seriously? Apparently they think we are fine since we are better than everyone else in the league but get stomped by the big boys.

i've not really bothered with trying to get a parent club as i agree with your board for the following reasons:

my squads always dominated domestically

we are well balanced across all positions with our main weakness being my 2 san marinese keepers that are 2nd and 4th choice for the national team with aldo junior still being the number one and having no interest and i want to continue developing them
there's not really any point in getting one for loans as i wouldn't use them.

the only up side wopuld be financial but i wouldn't want to lose my best youth to them as i need them for champions league registration and the kind of club that would be my parent club would be to strong to want first dibs on my players as they wouldn't get in there team.

although everytime they agree to a feeder club they can't find one which is getting really annoying as i'd like to send my younger players out on loan so they gain some experience, preferably in the lower italian leagues like serie d or e.

my main rivals in the domestic season are probably faetano who beat me on pens in the trofeo federale this year after i rotated my squad heavily, a mantle they've taken from domagnano who have gone completely off tehboil and could end up sacking a manager that won them the title when i gifted it away in the final so i could try for the europa league group stages 3 years ago and then got the to be runners up a year later.

we seem to be slightly better then san marino now and will probably start dominating the SM challnge if everyone's fit although they still mainly play reserves so i can't tell how good we really are in comparison to teh serie c1 playoff chasers.

also on a completely unrelated note my best regen Mario Russo inspired the national team to a 2-1 win over iran in a friendly late 2018 and then they drew 2-2 with slovakia in another friendly feb 2019 (i'm now in late march). we currently have 3 of the nations 4 star players with teh other being stefanelli who plays for verese reserves (a serie b team) and isn't interested in signing for me.

my first 11 consists of 4 sammarinese, 5 italians plus either 1 italian or 1 siwss depending on who i put in the left striker role and eitehr 1 italian or 1 sammarinese (rondelli) depending on who my right striker is. at the end of the season i'm going to post russo's screenshot and my sammarinese RM's screenshot on the san marino challnege thread as they are the future of the national team with the latter being only 14 at the moment.

Last edited:
2021-2022 Season PART 2 (5th year Professional with one other team)

Coppa Titano

View attachment 254951

At least we were undefeated in one competition this year. At least something was normal. Nothing to special of note to talk about on this one. We did give up six goals and three game in one game (two of them was an own goal and a PK)

Campionato Sammarines

View attachment 254953

Any other league or team winning 18 games out of the 21 for the season would be a great season. Not for us who have in the last five years only tied around 3 games. This year we would tie a game, and not only get our first loss in those five years in this league, but would get our second loss as well. Also it would be the first time in eight years that we would actually not hold the top spot in the league as we were two points behind the leader at that time in Virtus. Still with seven games to go we would go back to our winning ways as we would close it out.

Also we would end up with a tie in the playoff for the CS for the final at home. I wasn't really worried about this since we usually tie or win on the road, and even in a tie we would win. We would win 4-1 on the road to seal up the treble again.

Records

View attachment 254954View attachment 254955View attachment 254967

Good news is that we averaged over 2,800 fans at home. The good is that it is now over 50% (61% I think) full and it's always good to end the year from the playoffs with more fans than normal. Also we finally cracked the six digit mark for the gate receipts since we are getting quite high in salaries.

View attachment 254956

This is how bad we were hurting on suspensions and injuries the year when a youth player who is only 16 wins this award and ended the year with 19 goals when normally we have someone over 30 goals the year.

View attachment 254957

Even for the other award it was a new player, although for this one he is one of our better players on the team. That and at least he was the least person who was good on our team who wasn't injured for half of the year.

View attachment 254958

Just only took at least ten years, but finally something in the league is now getting us some revenue. It would be the first time ever that our team has gotten over a million dollars, other than the money we get from group stage play, but that is pretty impressive. We need it since our salaries are at $1.4 million and winning the league was $220K. With our salaries getting up there we need to improve our stadium in seats or hope that everything else starts climbing in revenue stream so we can continue to make money for the team and league.

League and Team Rep

View attachment 254959View attachment 254960

Top 50 after 10 years! Yes still doesn't mean we are good, but we are at a 2 1/2 league now and top 50. We are slowing down now, but either my team needs to do more in the Champs league like getting out of the group stage, or doing well in the Euro Cup if we get there again. Or another team doing well or getting their team above a one star for prestige.

View attachment 254961View attachment 254962

How are team is 68th is a little weird for me. We can't win against a big club at all, although we come close, and nothing has change from the last two years in the competition so I don't know how we jumped so high this year.

2 by 2...

View attachment 254963View attachment 254964

At the start of the year we had five teams that were Amateur, at the end of the year two of those teams would declare for Semi-Professional. Could next year mean that the whole league will be out of Amateur status?

View attachment 254965View attachment 254966

If that wasn't good enough to boost the league two other teams would declare for Professional Status to now make it four of the fifteen teams now. Sadly the team that almost beat us for the top spot in the league didn't turn professional.

Released Players

View attachment 254968

Normally I don't post these for two reasons. One is mostly it's just people who retired. Second we never really release people and if they do it's people who really didn't play for our team, or well not people who were actually getting paid. This year we would release two people, and for a time like a three year period, they were very good setting and breaking records for our team. Now they are just getting old and felt that 2-2.5K a week wages for these players weren't good enough. Which leads to the question of, will these two spots mean that we are going to sign some more people. Since we are all capped out on league spots.​

You're doing really well and now most teams are semi-pro and some teams professional now you are doing really well and now there are other teams past the mark of one star of reputation.

Back