The Rise of an Empire by club former known as S.S. Montevito

• Thread starter Thread starter choices
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 91
  • Views Views 15K
For some reason i can't upload pictures anymore on this site. Just Diablo III came out and all my friends have been asking me to play with that. I will try to post an update either today or tomorrow. It isn't dead just sad I couldn't post so I been waiting too see if I could. If not I will just do another recap then.
Thanks, I hope you update soon although I have problems viewing pictures at the moment, well actually for the last few weeks I think as I can only see them if they have been shrinked, uploaded via another website or quoted and shown as attachments although this might just be because my computer is slowly dying.

2016-2017 Season (3rd as Semi-Professional)

YEARLY TRANSFERS
First time that we didn't lose a player and didn't buy one. Especially after last year of going with a undefeated season there was no need. We did lose some more players to retirements and some players due for resignings, but don't want to waste the money of deadwood for a team that brings in no money.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Again nothing to really report here. Sure we made it to the Champions league for the first time, but the group stage we did what we did the past two times we made it to the Euro League with losing all our games. We did come close in our first game with a 1-2 loss in which they scored after we went down a man. Other than that we were just outmatched for the rest of the time.

COPPA TITANO

View attachment 248689

Two goals! That was it as we just breezed again for the second straight year with an undefeated record in Coppa. Although one game in which they did score we did only win it 2-1, but every other game was won by at least by two goals.

CAMPIONATO SAMMARINES

View attachment 248690

Almost had double the goals over the second place team. Although we did breeze through the league as well to again go undefeated for the second straight year, and the first time we had our perfect season. Most of the other coaches in the league are now upset with coach Harper and the team he is fielding and only looks to get better.

TEAM AND PLAYER RECORDS

Vincenzo Saccani

View attachment 248691View attachment 248692

Nothing too fancy here as he would be the only player to break a record this year and that was assists in one game (3). Also with the second straight year, and only his second year with the team, won the Pallone de Cristallo.

Maurizio Cesana

View attachment 248693

Chris Harper

Again wins the coach of the year.

League Attendance

View attachment 248700

We broke 500 for our attendance which is the first time. Good news especially since we are building a new stadium, that maybe this will help when we move into our new home.

League and Team Rep

View attachment 248697View attachment 248698View attachment 248707

League again moves up over fifty spots and now is cracked the top 200. We are surely to be slowing down, but all good news for that. Most of that is due to our team moving up over 550 places to be at 237th in the world. Again every team still is at a half star though, but at least everyone is rising still.

Best XI

View attachment 248706

Sponsorships

View attachment 248702View attachment 248703

Super excited about the new deal which wasn't that surprising since we were up at the end of the year. What was a shock is that this would be the first year we would actually lead the league!

It's a great day...not like the sad day last year...

View attachment 248704View attachment 248705

Last year we saw our top striker for the past three years take a seat on the pine. Again would ride the pine all season, but as the season ended Nicolini called it quits. Still for the team and it's fans would be a great day. Not so much for the rest of the league since no one is even semi-professional yet, and we just hit Professional. That and we have 3 million...really three million in transfer budget for the new year?

Thanks, I hope you update soon although I have problems viewing pictures at the moment, well actually for the last few weeks I think as I can only see them if they have been shrinked, uploaded via another website or quoted and shown as attachments although this might just be because my computer is slowly dying.

Yeah I still can see pictures when you click on them like i posted. Although you can if you just right click and as to open in a new tab or window. I don't know hwo to shrink or really have time to upload to another website so that is why it's just this way.

Yeah I still can see pictures when you click on them like i posted. Although you can if you just right click and as to open in a new tab or window. I don't know hwo to shrink or really have time to upload to another website so that is why it's just this way.
Thanks, your a life saver as its been driving me round the bend and congrats on becoming professional and getting national rep (you may have had the rep for a long time but I've not been able to view the screenies until now).

Last edited:
Champs League welcomes you again

We would have probably the overall toughest challenge to get to qualify for the Champs League this year. We didn't play a outstanding team like Celtic or Liverpool per say, but the three teams we played against were just overall solid. So solid that we actually didn't win any of the six games....but that's right, we still qualified.

View attachment 248989View attachment 248990

First was Brann which we played on the road and came away with a 2-2 tie. Not bad, but we looked to be the better team and with the second leg at our place it looked like it was going to be an easy road to the next round. We would dominate the game and despite scoring either did Brann so we moved to the next round.

View attachment 248991View attachment 248992

In the third round it was Clubb Brugge. This time the first leg was at our place and we would score late only to be called offsides so we would end the game with a 0-0 tie. On the road we were nervous to at least try to get to the next round to hit the Euro Cup, but after our fourth straight tie and with the exact same as last round we would advance with a 2-2 tie.

View attachment 248993View attachment 248994

For the playoff round and for the third straight home game we couldn't score a goal, and for the third straight home game ended with a 0-0 tie. We couldn't possibly end on the road with a 2-2 tie for the third straight game. Well they would score quick in the game and at half would be a 1-1 tie. Well all we needed was the score to be the same, and that is what it was to end the game as we made our second straight year to the Champs League. Two things that were funny. One was that we only had one shot in the second game and that was the goal. Secondly the teams were very similar except they had a very good back line and their goalkeeper was listed at 3.4 million value. Their two top people were on the backline at 250 and 275K. Our top two is 325K and 250K and they are attacking mids.

View attachment 248995View attachment 248996

We would have three pre-season games. One was with Palermo which we lost 1-3 (actually was tied at half), and then these two games. This I am more proud of that actually making the Champs league cause these are better teams than the teams we played for the Champs League. I know it was pre-season and they weren't fully fit, but it is a hopeful sign that I might actually win a game in the group stage.​

2017-2018 Season (1st as Professional)

Yearly Transfers

View attachment 249328

Just worked on actually getting our starting lineup to actually have all people on paid contracts. Sadly one of our top people was sold, and it wasn't by our manager since the first offer was already accepted by the chairmen. Really surprised that a couple of our top scorers haven't been poached as well.
COPPA TITANO AND CAMPIONATO SAMMARINES

View attachment 249329View attachment 249332

Now there are two questions that everyone is asking. One is we will probably never lose a game until someone is either semi or professional. So the first question is when will be our next tie since we are currently on a 77 game winning streak. The second question is when will be the next time we get held under 100 goals in the year since we eclipse that mark this year.

Best XI

View attachment 249334View attachment 249335

Depending if we get any more players who are easily really good they might make the best XI all time after the first year. Problem is that our league needs to get good since no one really wants to come to our team since they want like 5K a week and the most we can offer is 2.4K.

RECORDS

View attachment 249336

No personal records this year, but at least we will keep with tradition and break at least one record a year as we get the high scoring game.

View attachment 249337View attachment 249340

It isn't a sell out by all means (1,000 seats), but its a good sign especially since we are moving into a new stadium here shortly. Hopefully we can sell out. With the high number we did get a good new gate record. Hopefully that will at least double or so with the new stadium.

Top goalscorer wasn't the same guy for the past couple of years as it would be Antonello Serio with 39. Also we had the top three goalscorers in the league as well. Also coach Harper again easily wins the coach of the year.

CLUB STANDINGS

View attachment 249342View attachment 249343View attachment 249346

Nothing really of note as still every team still isn't semi-professional. We did manage to move up to a full star, but I have a feeling that we will stay that for a while until teams at least move up in status. Although it does seemed that over the last year and a half almost every team has been taken over except for ours which is fine, but I don't know if it will last long since we are losing a bunch of money a month. Also all of our guys are young so hopefully we can keep them for a while until the rest of the league catches up to us.

​ FIANCES AND SPONSORSHIPS

View attachment 249348View attachment 249349

Don't let the finances finances fool you since we basically are spending 10 million on improving our training and youth facilities. At least the league is getting more money so that is a good sign. So we need to at least get into the Champs League or we are going to be in trouble with our finances.

The league is making more progress than you think but it might be a while till another one turns semi-pro unless your team becomes such a powerhouse a load of money floods in through prize money increases, better TV deals and more European places.

The league is making more progress than you think but it might be a while till another one turns semi-pro unless your team becomes such a powerhouse a load of money floods in through prize money increases, better TV deals and more European places.

Yeah I know. Did that with the Iceland league before, but this year I just can't really make headway with free's or people who are good. Although it seems as if the league can get Italy players for no wages, but I can't even offer them a wage. So hopefully a couple of teams will just improve since they are national ranking now.

Started on a High note, but didn't end so high.

Champs League Qualifier

View attachment 249615

As you can see this was our first game and we kicked it off on a high note. Anyone though that we would lose in the second round would of been high even if only one person got injured. We would win in the second leg with a 3-2 score, but would lose two other midfielders as well.

In the third round qualifier we had to play against Steaua. In both legs our two strikers would pick up injuries, which luckily one would be back for the playoff game as we got through with a 0-0 (away) and then a 1-0 win at home.

Again for the second time in our short playoff qualifier career for the Champs league we would have to play against FC Kobenhavn. Not all our guys were fully healthy and had to basically play possession with a little counter ball and was be the most boring games to watch except for the end for us as we would go to shootout and win as both games ended with a 0-0 score. What could of been a very bad start to a very good season we were lucky to get back in for the third straight year despite having the best team to be fielded by our team.

San Marino Challenge

View attachment 249616

Nothing to fancy this game. Basically would have everyone back from injury (minus one player) and would get an easy goal to start the game and we never looked back. As of now we have a undefeated season going with a record of 4-2-0, and didn't have any friendlies as I had to cancelled the two due to feels of injuries and wanted to push for group stages in the champs league.

Where is our break when we actually hit Group Stage

View attachment 249617

Again we have a very tough schedule. Which sadly I am quite fine about. Just means when we get actually to be good we will get easy games outside of the group stages (usually always happens lets just hope it will repeat when we actually do make it out). So highly doubt I will win a game at all this year.

As for some positives to start out the year...

View attachment 249618

Our new stadium is finally built! I know no one cares really, but it will be the first time we ever had over 1000 seats in our stadium to sell out now. As long as we can do that during the league and not the champs leagues games will just be that much sweeter. (I can't wait to see what the next stadium size will be. 12k maybe?)

View attachment 249619View attachment 249621

Making the money now! Although we will still be losing money a month still since last year we were about -120K to -140K a month. This will help out a bit. Maybe might make some money, but as for now this should lessen our blow and make sure the owner doesn't sell or have to inject money at the end of the year.

View attachment 249622

Actually this is the second year that we broke the 100 season ticket holders. YES! I don't care if it is the local football kids coming out to watch it.

Actually this is the second year that we broke the 100 season ticket holders. YES! I don't care if it is the local football kids coming out to watch it.
Thats actually quite good as it will inspire them to play well and make your youth team.

2018-2019 Season PART 1

I am breaking this season up, cause well it's been a little crazy, and no didn't get out of group stage of the Champs league and didn't win a game either there. Although this is the season of the injuries.

New Transfers

View attachment 250217

Our goalie has been amazing for us who we had on our team for a while, but with this guys stats, we had to pick him up. Plus he wanted 170K, but we had to wait two months and was able to pick him up for free.

Ticket Sales

View attachment 250219View attachment 250220

Really missing the SM save where I had thousands of fans, although even with just a little over a hundred now, we have been getting close to 1K to certain games which is amazing, with our biggest crowd in the second picture.

Local Legend loses record

View attachment 250221

Davide Nicolini goal scoring record for the club is now broken. I also forgot to say we signed him after he retired to our coaching staff (why not since he was amazing as a player, not so much as a coach but we do love our loyal ties.) It was coming, which should of been sooner, but he has been picking up some injuries from the end of last year to this year.

...Just had to open my big mouth...

View attachment 250222View attachment 250223

At the end of last year we had a 77 game winning streak. Sure we still have that and I said "will we even tie in the league?" Well the injuries would pile up. Both games I tied were in back-to-back games. Sadly from our starting XI in those two games only 4 players would play since everyone else would be injuries. Also during that time we lost both of our goal keepers and had to run with a 15 year old in which we tied. One game we were actually losing and scored right before the 90' to tie it up. I don't know what we would of done if we lost.

More records fall

View attachment 250225View attachment 250226

Love when records get broken. Just shows how dominate I am in the league. Sure you might think this save is boring, but then something like this happens to keep me grounded...

View attachment 250227

Man, am I the small fish in the ocean. I like being king of the pond, or basically puddle in our case. One day we will win against a big boy in a meaningful game (other than a friendly)

So much for being a Icon

View attachment 250220View attachment 250228

I know I talk about loyal to my players, but honestly if I had the option to decide the fate of this player I would of done it as well. Second picture tells you the difference so far, and from that I got to improve both youth and training facilities which now look like this

View attachment 250229

Those facilities are very good and can you post a screenshot of that guy who you sold's stats.

Here you go. Shows is stats and his bio as well. He was the guy who was the top goal scorer for me last year as well. Still I would of easily sold him if I had the offer of 4 million as well.

View attachment 250301View attachment 250302
Montpellier have been ripped off and how many goals did he have to score to be runner-up in the European golden boot and how many points was each goal worth.

2018-2019 Season PART 2 (2nd Season as Professional)

Yearly Transfers

View attachment 250787

Key signing was the keeper who is like four times better than our starter, but still with the injuries we did tie the two games this year. The defender was just for cover, and might be a starter depending on if we lose some guys (4 in last year), but did manage to actually sign the two starters out of the four so we were in good shape.

Coppa Titano

View attachment 250788

Even with the tie we still manage to put up 44 goals in just 8 games! Still running wild despite the injuries we had this year.

Campionato Sammarines

View attachment 250789

Sadly injuries would slow us down in the league. No we didn't tie any other games, but we did fall short of the 100 goals in the season as we were just seven short. Also didn't help we sold off our top striker and did have some striker injuries that plagued us throughout the whole season.

Record setting Attendance

View attachment 250790View attachment 250791View attachment 250792

I know I shouldn't post three and should just say it, but it's just exciting. Okay maybe now since I am breaking 2,000 people in our stadium, but it is double everyone else so far, and the last two came on the last two games of the year in the playoff for the CS.

View attachment 250793

Which lead us to getting our biggest gate of the year as well. Which is good since our salaries are climbing close to 100K a year.

Vincenzo Saccani

View attachment 250794View attachment 250795

First time he would win both awards in the season. Again due to basically all my strikers, and yes he can play striker but is like my fifth option, he had to be the #1 guy for me for the majority of the year especially after selling off one of my players.

League Rankings

View attachment 250796View attachment 250797View attachment 250798

Both club and team are getting close to jumping into double digits. I honestly don't think I will jump up to double digits next year unless everyone turns semi-pro or have one team turn professional as well.

Best XI

View attachment 250799View attachment 250800

Let the PARTY Begin!

View attachment 250801View attachment 250802

Only took almost ten years, but I will take it!!!

Finally some other teams are following in your footsteps and now it should get easier and easier because more money will be coming in for the other teams in the league and the quicker the rep and quality of players will improve also you need a new striker to be able to stay way ahead of the semi-pro sides. I'm also looking forward to you becoming the manager or the national side which can't be that bad now they've got a pretty good professional side and a couple of semi-pro teams.

This is a great read mate and you have really well so far. I say that in the next 20 years you will be a European power house and your league will have at least 5 professional clubs :) can not wait for the next installment :D

Back