The rise of Fulham

• Thread starter Thread starter mask0991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 286K
ECC 2019/20: Semifinal (Leg 1)

That's our first loss in the Champions League this season and it came at a very bad moment. PSG absolutely hammered us. Everytime they had the ball, they looked dangerous. Ongenda, deBruyne, Cavani and young Carlos Henriquez ran rings around our defense and put three goals past us.
View attachment 268363
Ongendra ended up with all three goals for the French team. Their defense and midfield passed it long to the forward trio of Ongenda, Henriquez and Cavani most of the time. A quick interplay between the three strikers allowed Ongenda to give PSG the lead. Our defense was badly outnumbered on that occasion.

Roberts' equalizer gave us a bit of hope in an otherwise dull first half. But Ongenda added two in 13 minutes in the second half to put us to the sword.

A cross by Digne from the left flank was badly dealt by us, and Ongenda's vulture like movement inside our box allowed him to score. A LOOOOONG clearance by David Luiz in the PSG defense bypassed every player on the pitch and Ongenda's pace and acceleration allowed him to get onto the ball, and beat Bettinelli at his near post.

We lost by 3-1 but we have an away goal. PSG's attack is very, very strong and it'll not be easy to overcome this deficit despite us playing the return leg at home. Our Champions League hopes seem to be fading. :(

Well that was unexpected! Big ask to turn the tie around now. The away goal should help though.

The treble dream lives on! I think you guys can beat PSG back in London.

Not the end of the world if you lose to the mega rich team, but I'm sure you'll win 2-0 at home or something and go through :) Do you have a screenshot of this Carlos Henrique bloke? His injury could be good for you!

Not the end of the world if you lose to the mega rich team, but I'm sure you'll win 2-0 at home or something and go through :) Do you have a screenshot of this Carlos Henrique bloke? His injury could be good for you!

I think we have the quality to score 2-3 goals at home, but their attack is too good. Everyone is world-class and have 4.5+ ratings from our scouts. I wouldn't put it past them to score an away goal or two to worsen it for us.

Here's Carlos Henriquez's attributes. He is ridiculously good. His injury was a minor one and it looks like he'll lead the line for PSG again.
View attachment 268194
PSG bought him from Atletico Miniero for 30 mil. pounds and this is his first season with PSG.

Last edited:
Week 36: Premier League Round-Up

A great week. Before Saturday, Chelsea were level on points with us with one more game played but this draw means we can theoretically afford to lose one of the two against Arsenal and Liverpool (both away fixtures).

Fulham vs. Aston Villa:
Robert's brace gave us a good 2-0 win over 15th placed Aston Villa. With his first strike against Villa, Roberts got his 30th goal of the season. He has been magnificent for us this season.

Chelsea vs. West Ham:
West Ham held Chelsea to a draw and the champions are now two points behind us, having played a game more. Chelsea were absolutely dominant with 35 shots (17 on target) and 59% possession, as opposed to West Ham's 4 shots (2 on target) and 41% possession. West Ham did us a huge favour, considering our next two games are away at Arsenal and Liverpool resp.

League Table:
View attachment 268105

The treble is still on.. Good luck! That Henriquez looks like a bit of a beast!

ECC 2018/19: Semi Final (2nd leg)

April 29th 2020
View attachment 267929
GEORGE WILLIAMS, YOU ABSOLUTELY AMAZING GENIUS! WHAT A TURNAROUND. THAT WAS ****** UNBELIEVABLE!

Within 15 minutes, Williams wiped our deficit and put us ahead on away goals. He single-handedly flipped the match on its head in the first half. PSG started quite dominantly creating 3 chances in the opening 10 minutes.

But a Lustig cross from the right was flicked on by Roberts and Williams headed it home in the 11th minute. Suddenly, there was hope. The stadium was rocking. Four minutes later, Vilhena did brilliantly to set-up the winger, and Williams scored to give us the edge on away goals. There was pandemonium in the stands. Within quarter of an hour, the 3-1 loss became a distant memory.

When Woodrow won the penalty in the 36th minute, he gave the ball to Williams instead of taking the spotkick himself. Williams sealed his hat-trick. A wonderful gesture by the striker. Moments before halftime, Williams got his fourth as he went past 2 players to beat Sirigu at his near post. 4-0 up at half-time. Not even in my wildest dreams would I have expected that.

We lowered the tempo a little bit in the second half. PSG seemed to have gotten a mouthful from their manager Mihajlovic as they were much better in the second 45. Bettinelli and our defense was tested a little bit but thankfully, we managed to keep Cavani, deBruyne and Henriquez quiet for the most part. Vilhena won another penalty in the closing moments of the game that let Woodrow get on the scoresheet to make it 5-0.

6-3 on aggregate, after being 1-3 down halfway through the tie. I hope this provides the spark needed to go for the treble.

View attachment 267921

Last edited:
Well done mate, massive result!

Luiz & semi finals just don't get on do they?

BPL: Arsenal vs. Fulham

PREVIEW: We were two points clear of Chelsea with a game in hand. Chelsea have two games left, and we have three. Five points in the 3 games left will secure us the title. However, we play Arsenal away today, and Liverpool away next. I'm counting on a victory against Derby (home) on the last day. I'm aiming for two draws in the two away games at this point. And so, I set-up very defensively. We went to Emirates to defend - I have no shame in that. :P

May 2nd 2020
View attachment 267863
Aaaaand we got lucky. Arsenal were all over us, and we had our GK Bettinelli to thank for this victory. He pulled off several brilliant saves, one after another. Baselli scored tView attachment 267861he only goal of the game from a set-piece. In fact, that was the only game we could've gotten a goal. It was our only shot on target in the entire game.

This was the very first time I played a defensive mentality (not even counter) in a big game. We came for a draw, and got three points. We did defend valiantly at times, though. I'll take it!

Two points in two remaining games will win us the title.

View attachment 267860

Last edited:
Injury situation

With the Liverpool game coming up in 2 days, we suffered a few injuries in training. Roberts and Vilhena were unfortunate casualties and will be out for the final two league games. Vilhena and Pedro will even miss the FA Cup final, and quite possible the Champions League final as well.

Roberts could be back in time for the FA Cup final, but he is definitely out of contention for the two League games.

Not the best time to be hit with such news.
View attachment 267856

May 8th 2020
View attachment 267619
Liverpool deny us a chance to wrap up the title before the last day. However, I am not too concerned with the loss. Our last game vs. Derby is only 2 days after this game and I wanted my primary starting XI fit for that game. So, a few names like Woodrow, Baselli, Stafylidis, Kranevitter and Burn were benched and youngsters McLean and Jackman started the game.
View attachment 267618
Not surprisingly, Liverpool hammered us in the first half. Balotelli, who always does well against us scored two first half goals to hurt our morale at half-time. Both were sensational goals.

I changed things at half-time and brought on the big names like Baselli and Woodrow and it half paid off as Baselli set-up Artur for our first. Mario did a pirouette and finished his hat-tricked in style.

Williams' 74th minute strike took us closer but Liverpool were always going to win it. They were too good on the night.

I took a gamble by resting some key names but as long as win the last game at home, the title is ours and I won't regret the decision.

BPL: Final Day Preview

This is how the top of the League Table looks before we head into the final day:
View attachment 267616
And the final day fixtures see us take on Derby at home, and Chelsea travel to Old Trafford.
View attachment 267615
Things are quite simple for us.
A win will guarantee us the title regardless of the Chelsea result.
If Chelsea drop points at Old Trafford, we win the title regardless of our result.

Derby are already relegated and have nothing but pride to play for at this moment. And we are unbeaten at home this season, and have only dropped 2 points at home. So, we have an excellent chance to beat Derby!

THE TITLE IS OURS!

May 10th 2020
View attachment 267599
What a way to win the title. An emphatic 6-0 win over Derby at home. Really, really proud of the players and their performances over the course of the season.

Jiminez stole the limelight with a five-star performance. Jiminez put us 2-0 ahead within just 13 minutes into the game - the first one with a close range header and the second one drilled into the bottom corner of the net.

After our second goal, the intensity of the game died down a little bit with us content to keep hold of the ball and pass it short. Derby really didn't make it hard for us as they were happy to let us dictate the tempo of the game.

The second half started with a lot of intensity. About 5 fouls were committed by the Derby defense, with the 50th minute foul resulting in a freekick. Baselli tricked the Derby defense by lobbing a pass to Kacaniklic instead of shooting from 20 yards and the winger scored a simple tap-in.

Jiminez got his hat-trick in the 65th minute with a shot off the outside of his boot after being played through by Balanta. 4-0 ahead, the stadium was reverberating with a noise level I've never felt before. I could barely hear my own thoughts. The title is there for the taking.

Jiminez then went on to score two more in the last 10 minutes and scored five! He was an assassin in front of goal - 14 shots, 8 on target and 5 goals.

THE TITLE IS OURS! **** YEAH! THIS IS OUR SECOND TITLE IN 3 SEASONS, AND MY SECOND PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE IN FIVE YEARS IN-CHARGE AT FULHAM. NOT TOO BAD. :)

Back