The rise of Fulham

• Thread starter Thread starter mask0991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 286K
Massive congrats on a huge win. Well done.

Bring home the Champs League now...

FA Cup 2019-20: The Final

May 16th 2020
View attachment 267384
That completes the domestic double for us! Quite delighted. This was a hard fought win and thanks to a moment of madness by Emre Can, we pushed on for a victory.

I set-up in a 4231_wide formation, trying to go toe to toe with Liverpool. Sturridge & co. soon showed us why it was a bad decision. Sturridge found the back of the net twice, but luckily they were from offside positions. The first half was all Liverpool. We didn't even have a single shot on target and only 4 attempts compared to 10+ by Liverpool. Somehow, Balanta and Burn repelled just about every attack by Liverpool and we hung on.

At half time, I changed the tactic a bit and we looked slightly more comfortable, and caught Liverpool a few times on the counter and nearly scored a goal. We were not dominating, but Liverpool's dominance was slowly fading with every passing second half minute.

And then bam, Emre Can clumsily tackled Williams from behind with a two-footed challenge. A moment of madness by the Liverpool skipper. Red Card - early shower for Can. It was a great opportunity for us and the players grabbed it with both hands.

The game went into extra time and Woodrow scored a brace in the extra time - one in either half of the 30 minutes. A Kranevitter's long range effort was saved by Mignolet but the rebound fell kindly to Woodrow who made no mistake in giving us the lead. Just the hint of good fortune we needed for our determined performance.

Woodrow scored his second after a decent build-up move in the midfield and shadow striker Jiminez provided the assist.
2-0 up and Liverpool had no chance of comeback.

I'll be the first to admit that this was far from our best performance, especially considering our performances in other big games. Can's red card definitely turned things in our favour. But sometimes, you need that hint of luck in big games. ;)

This is my second FA Cup win in six season at the club.

Last edited:
Three days before the big final vs. Man Utd, I was hit with injury concerns.

Woodrow was missing from training. And moments after I realized it, I got a call from his house saying that he is down with a virus. Goddammit. He consulted the doctors, who said he needs a week's rest to fully recover.

George Williams and Dan Burn were casualties during our intense training session. Burn strained his back during weights training and Williams pulled his hamstring. I was speechless for about 30 seconds when my head physio told me the situation.

The worst possible time to pick up an injury. Williams and Woodrow will definitely miss the final. But Burn can play if given a painkiller injection.

I took a huge risk and told the physios to do it. After all, this is the last game in the season and he can sit out for the friendly matches.

View attachment 267339
View attachment 267338

View attachment 267337

Ahh man that is terrible luck!! Good luck in any case!!

May 23rd 2020
View attachment 267168
Bollocks! What an anti-climactic ending to the season - 2 big injuries going into the match and Januzaj's wonder goal killed the game for us.

Man Utd went 2-0 up within 4 minutes. Schneiderlin made a good run into our box and his first time shot beat Bettinelli. Just 39 seconds on the clock and we were already behind. I encouraged the players and 3 mins later, we got hit again. A United corner was volleyed home by Luke Shaw, making it 2-0 to United in 4 mins.

What a horrible start to such a big game. United were all over us in the first half. A stern telling off from the touchline helped a bit as Roberts and Jiminez started to put together some attacking moves. The wingbacks started to get more involved, and soon it was 2-1. Roberts was played through by Vilhena inside their box and the winger beat DeGea to give us a way back into the game.

It took 30 minutes into second half for us to make it 2-2. And boy, was it pleasing! A low cross by Stafylidis was turned in by Artur. And we were back in it. All of a sudden, there was hope. The players made up for their miserable first half outing.

But Adnan Januzaj ruined the night for us with a wonder goal. It was a sensational goal. He toe-poked the ball into the top corner from outside the box. Ronaldinho-esque. 3-2 to United.

We tried to level in the final few minutes but United controlled the ball very well and my lads didn't see a lot of the ball. United fans were dancing in the stands where as there were a lot of nervous faces among the Fulham fans.

The ref. blew the final whistle - so near yet so far. Second Champions League final loss in two seasons. The wait continues.........

Here are the goals - all of them were quite good goals, with the last one being fantastic.
[video=dailymotion;x2r2c6b]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2r2c6b_fm-15-man-utd-vs-fulham-3-2-goals_videogames[/video]

Ahhh! So close!

Still a magnificent year mate, very well done.

It's been a great season. I've won every top tier trophy except the UCL in my time at the club. The wait continues.... :S

I was actually thinking of moving on IF we won the title. Going to stick around till its won.

Last edited:
2019/20 Season Statistics

Here's the stats of our players.
View attachment 267057

Two players have scored over 30 goals this season, which is wonderful news. This is the first time Woodrow hasn't scored 25+ in the last six seasons and that's mostly because he's had several injury problems. 17 goals in 30 games is not a bad return at all!

None of our players received a red card this season, which is really fantastic news!

Been a silent follower for a while now; you're doing an excellent job with Fulham, top marks.

What tactic are you using? It seems to be fairly successful.

Back