• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
the detail in these updates is phenominal! keep it up! it reads perfectly :D

nice update. when my story gets approved could you have a look at it

nice update. when my story gets approved could you have a look at it

yeh sure mate, send me a pm when it is, I'm writing an update for the League Cup Final :)

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Sky_Sports-1.png

League Cup Final Coverage

630.png
680.png

CHELSEA VS MAN UNITED

Live from Wembley Stadium

new-wembley-stadium.jpg

Hello I'm Jeff Stelling and welcome to Sky Sports coverage of today's Carling Cup Final against Chelsea. We're at Wembley Stadium in front of a capacity crowd who are all looking forward to this afternoons match.

I'm here with Jamie Redknapp, former Chelsea assistant Ray Wilkins and Manchester United legend Paul Scholes. Manchester United have reached the final by putting in some great performances so far and today face a Chelsea team that are looking forward to setting the record straight after struggling against the Red Devils in their meetings so far this season. Jamie what do you think of the match who would your favourites be in this afternoons encounter.

Jamie-Redknapp-001.jpg

'Well Manchester United clearly have to be the favourites they've been in spectacular form this season, putting in a number of exceptional performances. They are dominating the League, performing well in Europe and Cup competitions, I wouldn't be surprised if they walked away with all 4 titles.'

Who would be your player to watch of the United players?

'It would certainly have to be young Marc Jones, no he's a player absolutely fabulous that boy, he's got an eye for a pass, pace to burn, strength. Everything that is needed for a modern day footballer as well as being technically gifted, if Chelsea are going to get anything from this game they will have to keep this man closely marked otherwise he can just dominate you and take control of the game.'

Well it's time to take a look at the Chelsea line up which has just arrived.

linebreak.png

630.png

Chelsea Line up:

ChelseaUnited.png

Subs: Matej Delac, Gael Kakuta, Charlie Adam, Christian Benitez, Alex, Daniel Sturridge, Asamoah Gyan

linebreak.png

So Chelsea line up in a 4 - 4 - 2 against Manchester United today, with Fernando Torres back from injury will no doubt be hoping to put in a performance from the top drawer in against the Red Devils. Ray if you look at the Chelsea team sheet who would be the man you would say could hurt Uniited the most?

d56205949bns-007jpg.jpg

'Well I certainly think that with Fernando Torres in the line up Chelsea will definitely pose a threat going forward. I feel that the Manchester United back line isn't the quickest so if they can get balls over the top then they will certainly be able to put some pressure on them, Torres got great pace and has posed a threat to Vidic in the past whilst at Liverpool and Chelsea. He is in fabulous form as well after scoring 20 goals in 22 appearances this season, so he will definitely be a threat.'

Having played for both clubs in the past, who do you think will have the upper hand in today's game?

'I have to say, I have a sneaking suspicion that Chelsea might nick it, they have a fit Fernando Torres which they didn't have in the last game and I just feel if this man's on form then they will struggle. So it's going to be a close game never the less and I'm sure an entertaining one, I thoroughly look forward to the kick off.'

Ok Ray thanks for that, without further a do it's time to take a look at the Manchester United line up which has just arrived.

linebreak.png

680.png

Manchester United Line up:

UnitedChelsea-1.png

Subs: Kilian Kern, Antonio Valencia, Rio Ferdinand, David Beckham, Juan Manuel Vargas, Dimitar Berbatov, Rafael

linebreak.png

So Gareth Bale is fit as he comes in for Juan Manuel Vargas today on the left flank of Manchester United's 4 - 4 - 2. Fabio Coentrao also comes in at left back after Patrice Evra earlier suffered a bad hip injury that's keeping him out for another 3 weeks. Looking at the line up Paul, what do you think of Manchester United's chances today?

Paul-Scholes-Ryan-Giggs-007.jpg

Paul Scholes enjoyed a fantastic career alongside Sir Ryan Giggs

'First of all I'd like to say what a fantastic job Ryan has done for the team so far. They are playing some fantastic football and looking dangerous against everyone they face. I am not surprised that Gareth Bale comes in, he's an exceptional talent and has already made a fantastic impact since his arrival in January, a great piece of business. I really do think that Manchester United will have the upper hand today, I feel Chelsea will have a fear factor about them as they've been beaten twice already by us this season.'

So you think Manchester United will get the victory that's 2 - 1 for Manchester United with our pundits so far. Who do you think will be United's stand out player in this afternoon's encounter?

'Well I agree with Jamie that Marc Jones is a fabulous talent, but I really think that Wayne Rooney will have a massive influence on today's game he's just such a fantastic talent again. He has already come out this week saying that he wants a top performance from the team and that they want to win some silverware and this is the perfect opportunity for them.'

Thanks Paul, well that's all we've got time for it's time to cross over to our commentators for this Carling Cup Final, Alan Smith and Martin Tyler. We will be back with the result.

linebreak.png

Sky_Sports-1.png

United overwhelm Chelsea

680.png

In a match where Manchester United dominated both possession and goal scoring opportunities it showed as they ran out 2 - 0 winners. They started the match attacking as they have done for much of the season, the first goal came after just 4 minutes after some fabulous work from young Chicharito who made it simple for Wayne as he played the ball across Petr Cech. Chelsea huffed and puffed for long periods of the match but didn't manage to get any clear cut chances as once again the boys from Manchester outperformed them in all area's of the pitch. They were restricted to shot's from range but neither Essien nor Vidal put in any great efforts that challenged young Campodonico in the United goal.

The second goal finally came in the 90th minute after a powerful shot from Wayne Rooney that Petr Cech could only punch clear came to the edge of the area for Welsh sensation Marc Jones fired in with consummate ease. 2 - 0 and Manchester United had won the League Cup.

United Lift Carling Cup

60LEVQNA00D80005.jpg

carling.png

Carling Cup - Final
Chelsea
630.png
0 - 2
680.png
Man Utd

Wayne Rooney (4), Marc Jones (90)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - D Fletcher - M Jones - Nani

F Coentrao - J Evans - N Vidic - Rafael

J Campodonico

Manchester United today lifted their second trophy of the season after another great shut out from the Red Devils. It was a performance to be proud of as they really did stop Chelsea playing their game and pressed them high up the pitch whilst creating chances for themselves. Wayne Rooney put in a great performance once again scoring one and assisting the other.

'It's a great feeling for us,' said Wayne 'this is going to be a great season for us, we are all behind the Gaffer and he's got us playing fabulous football. I hope we can keep this up for the rest of the season and it all starts when we get back against Blackburn Rovers, but now it's time to celebrate.'

Sir Ryan Giggs also commented after the League Cup victory.

'What a performance from the lads out there today, they shut Chelsea down and just stopped them playing their game. Chelsea can't cope with the high pressing game, despite their pace up front we have such experience in our back line and a fantastic midfield that they just couldn't get it into. The only negative thing about this match was I wasn't involved, but jokes aside I am delighted.'

Last edited:
Fantastic update, this is just such a good story it's untrue. Long may it continue.

brilliant cup win! more success for Ryan Giggs! i love this story! just closed my tottenham thread though "/ Im storyless atm :( KIU!!

Cheers pal, yeh I saw the big red Closed Thread thing gutted who you going to do now?

If I can win the Champions League and FA Cup as well cause to be honest the Leagues won, unless all my players get injured :)

Yeah too right. Touch wood Chicharito doesn't get injured or Nani. Beckham should tutor a youngster bud, he'd be good at that. new update for Tottenham aswell bud.

Great win against Chelsea, busy month now though :P What kind of tactics do you use to get the team to score so many by the way? :)

Great win against Chelsea, busy month now though :P What kind of tactics do you use to get the team to score so many by the way? :)

I can do a screenshot of formation and tactics at the end of the season, it's only 2 months away now, ;) then will do an analysis of what made United so successful so far :) Cause I might drop out of competitions yet lol

Aha ok thanks, I like to manage United since Im a supporter, and I can get wins, but we dont score enough :S

Don't forget I'm 3 seasons in so Chicharito has developed loads and finishing is better than at the start of the game, high line and high pressure is something i work around!

True, will just have to play around with my tactics XD Great story, like the way you put in the commentators thoughts too XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back