The Rise of the Red Dragon - A Welsh Story

• Thread starter Thread starter eddybw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
easy result against Barcelona buddy! looks like man city showed a bit more resilience though! excellent work :D

Cheers buddy going to do the second leg barca game just played it now!

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Can Barca do the Impossible?

1301394.png

Manchester United yesterday flew out to face Barcelona in the Nou Camp as they aim to reach the Champions League Semi Final for the third season in a row where they will have the opportunity to play top teams in Europe. Sir Ryan Giggs has commented before the game about their chances today.

'I feel we have a great opportunity today to defeat Barcelona, they are without David Villa, Lionel Messi, Javier Mascherano and Adriano all out injured. Despite these injuries and suspensions they can still be dangerous and it's going to be up to us to put in a strong performance today. I look forward to the game and I'm sure it will be an entertaining affair.'

1301394.png

Tuesday 8.4.2014
UEFA Champions League - Quarter Final 2nd Leg
Barcelona
1708.png
1 (1) - (5) 2
680.png
Man Utd

Park Chu Young (12) - Chicharito (43), Gareth Bale (54)
Dani Alves injured (71)

(Manchester United win 5 - 1 on aggregate)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - D Fletcher - M Jones - Nani

P Evra - J Evans - N Vidic - Rafael

J Campodonico

3400564.jpg

Manchester United are now 4 matches unbeaten against Barcelona since suffering that defeat in the 2009 Champions League Final 2 - 0. Despite the injuries and suspensions that Barcelona were suffering from they got started on the front foot with ex Manchester United player Park Chu Young opening the scoring in the 12th minute after firing in a powerful shot from close range. Chicharito put in a fabulous performance once again and capped it with a goal as he equalised just before half time. From the point Manchester United got the equaliser there were only going to be one winner on the day, as Gareth Bale scored a freak goal in the 53rd minute after a terrible mistake from Victor Valdes dropping the ball at the Welshman's feet. United's superiority was shown as Victor Valdes was voted man of the match.

linebreak.png

Sky_Sports-1.png

Wednesday 9.4.2014

UEFA Champions League - Semi Final Draw

1301394.png

With Manchester United already through to the Semi Final draw after putting in some fantastic performances so far in this years Champions League. Destroying Lyon scoring 8 goals in the two legs and smashing Barcelona 5 - 1 on aggregate. It's now time to recap the other results in the Champions League Quarter Final matches.

Shaktar
1895.png
(5) 0 - 0 (2)
1487.png
Benfica
At. Madrid
1664.png
(4)
1 - 1 (5)
676.png
Liverpool
A.C Milan
1099.png
(3)
1 - 2 (3)
1100.png
Roma
(Roma win 4-3 on pens)
Man Utd
680.png
(5) 2 - 1 (1)
1708.png
Barcelona

So Liverpool join Manchester United in the Champions League Semi Final after scoring out performing At. Madrid in both legs. Shaktar and Roma also join the Premiership outfits in the the Semi Final draw. The Red Devils won't fear anyone left in the draw with the main top team being left in the competition is Liverpool who Sir Ryan Giggs will have confidence beating if the two did meet.

article-1282843295409-0AEDA71F000005DC-6910_636x300.jpg

UEFA Champions League - Semi Final Draw

Man Utd
680.png
vs
1100.png
Roma
Liverpool
676.png
vs
1895.png
Shaktar

So Manchester United draw A.S Roma in the Champions League Semi Final as they look to get to the Final once again. Roma are currently struggling in Serie A, lying in 6th position 16 points behind potential Champions A.C Milan. The Red Devils will no doubt fancy their chances against the Italian outfit after Daniele de Rossi has suffered a hamstring injury and he is their most important player.

big chance of an English final there :) think your got enough to get through that buddy :) just updated mine boss :D

big chance of an English final there :) think your got enough to get through that buddy :) just updated mine boss :D

Cheers buddy going to do update for 3 matches now :)

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Closing in on the prize?

680.png

Manchester United look to close in on the Premier League Title as they face Everton and Fulham in the coming week as well as an FA Cup Semi Final against Bristol City. The first match is against an Everton side who have been under performing this season. Manchester United are expected to make some changes ahead of the game as they gear up for the Champions League Semi Final Match against Roma at the end of the month.

11.png

Saturday 12.4.2014
EPL - Match Day 34
Man Utd
680.png
650.png
Everton

Wayne Rooney (9), Chicharito (52), David Beckham (61), Nemanja Vidic (68) - Jack Rodwell (64), Sabrin Sburlea (90+1)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - A King - M Jones - Nani

J Campodonico

Becks3.png

A strong performance from Manchester United today as they brushed aside an Everton side that looked aggressive and picked up several cards throughout the game. The stand out performer for United was David Beckham who came off the bench to put in a fantastic midfield master class, rolling back the years by scoring a fantastic goal curled free kick and assisting Vidic's headed effort late on. Manchester United boss Sir Ryan Giggs spoke regarding Beckham at the end of the game.

'That's another fabulous performance from David, he still has that quality and is in great shape, and has that ability. I think he has been a great addition to the side and I will be looking at giving him some more game time over the coming games as we look to compete on all 3 fronts.'

YouTube - Man Utd vs Everton - Beckham Goal 61st minute

11.png

Wednesday 16.4.2014
EPL - Match Day 35
Fulham
654.png
0 - 1
680.png
Man Utd

Wayne Rooney (32)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - M Fellaini - M Jones - Nani

J Campodonico

Manchester-United-v-Fulha-001.jpg

Manchester United limped through a match against Fulham with some tired legs but still managed to steal a 1 - 0 victory. They broke the deadlock in the 32nd minute after Marc Jones found Wayne Rooney with a lovely weighted pass before he turned and fired the ball past the Fulham keeper. With many of the United players looking exhausted it is expected that Sir Ryan Giggs will name a shadow team against Bristol City.

facup.png

Saturday 19.4.2014
FA Cup - Semi Final
Bristol City
619.png
1 - 3
680.png
Man Utd

Stephen McGinn (51) - David Beckham (21), Wayne Rooney (62), Chicharito (75)
Liam Fontaine sent off (3)

W Rooney - D Berbatov

J Vargas - M Fellaini - D Beckham - A Valencia

F Coentrao - B Hangeland - C Smalling - Rafael

J Campodonico

article-0-0045231700000258-61_468x308.jpg

David Beckham was named Captain for Manchester United today against Bristol City and rolled back the years once again as he bossed the game against. Thomas Fontaine somewhat helped United's effort after he got sent off in the 3rd minute after Berbatov was brought down after being clean through on goal. Despite the red card Bristol City still put in a fabulous performance defensively and it took a great strike from David Beckham to break the deadlock in the 21st minute. Once this goal went in Bristol City pushed forward and managed to equalise thanks to a McGinn strike. But even so United pushed on and scored two more goals from Rooney and Chicharito.

YouTube - Bristol City vs Man Utd - Beckham Goal 21st minute

FA Cup final and hopefully a Premier League withing a couple of weeks, brilliant.

Psssst, update on mine ;)

Hey mate I look foward to finishing work and reading this. Great updates. updating mine now.

Hey mate I look foward to finishing work and reading this. Great updates. updating mine now.

Cheers mate I look forward to seeing yours :) Yeh I've done quite a bit today :) Should have the season all done tonight!

matey what tactis you using, they seem IMMENSE

Cheers buddy got an update coming up at the end of the season showing screenshots of all the bits and pieces :) just playing second leg vs roma

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Champions League Semi Final

680.png
1100.png

Manchester United are preparing for their Champions League Semi Final against Italian Giants A.S Roma. The atmosphere at Old Trafford is electric knowing exactly what can be achieved here tonight. With the first leg at home United will certainly be hoping for a strong performance for the team and to take a good lead away to Italy.

1301394.png

Wednesday 23.4.2014
UEFA Champions League - Semi Final 1st Leg
Man Utd
680.png
1100.png
Roma

Nani (18, 24)
Antonio Valencia injured (76)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - D Beckham - M Jones - Nani

J Campdonico

nani-celebration-blackburn.jpg

An exquisite double from Nani was enough for the Red Devils as they secured a vital 2 - 0 lead to take to Rome in the second leg. The first goal was a fantastic finish after being played through by Marc Jones, Nani brought it around the goalkeeper before placing it into the back of the net. The second was even better as he picked up the ball from Rafael just past the half way line and dribbled through 3 men before firing into the far corner. Manchester United will certainly fancy their chances as they prepare for the match against Roma next week.

11.png

Saturday 26.4.2014
EPL - Match Day 36
Wigan
737.png
0 - 3
680.png
Man Utd

Gareth Bale (31), Nani (45+3), Marc Jones (61)

W Rooney - Rafael

G Bale - D Fletcher - M Jones - Nani

P Evra - J Evans - I Petric - Rafael

J Campodonico

Nani--001.jpg

As expected Manchester United brushed aside a Wigan side who have been struggling this season and find themselves in a relegation battle. They are currently lying on 32 points just 2 above Blackpool in the relegation zone. It was once again Nani who put in a great performance as Manchester United romped to a 3 - 0 victory over the Premier League strugglers. Gareth Bale has been making a habit of scoring headers and today was no exception as Nani worked the ball well down the right before crossing for the Welshman to head in at the far post. Bale then turned provider as he crossed for the sensational Nani to fire the ball past the keeper. The rout was completed in the 61st minute after Wales midfielder Marc Jones scored a free kick from just outside the box.

1301394.png

Wednesday 30.4.2014
Roma
1100.png
0 (0) - (4) 2
680.png
Man Utd

Chicharito (16), Wayne Rooney (86)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - D Beckham - M Jones - Nani

J Campodonico

Rafael-shout.jpg

Manchester United once again dominated A.S Roma as they qualified for the Champions League Final. The first goal went in, in the 16th minute after firing a powerful shot past the keeper to make it 1 - 0. The Roma players heads visibly dropped when the goal went in and United continued to press for another goal and it eventually came in the 86th minute Andy King played a delightful long ball over the top for Wayne Rooney to round the keeper and fire it in to make it 2 - 0.

1301394.png

Manchester United face Liverpool in UEFA Champions League Final

680.png
676.png

Manchester United have been drawn against their fierce Rivals Liverpool in the Champions League Final after they defeated Shaktar 1 - 0 on aggregate over the 2 games. They will no doubt take confidence in the fact they have already defeated the Reds on 3 occasions so far this season.

Last edited:
The old Foe!!! *****! I hope you thrash them 9-0 lol. How'd Bebe getting on? Update added.

The old Foe!!! *****! I hope you thrash them 9-0 lol. How'd Bebe getting on? Update added.

lol indeed!!! Bebe, not the best I just tried him in that game a while ago, but he's not developed that great, he's spent 3 years in the reserves under Fergie lol!!!

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

May 2014

11-2.png
1301394.png
carling.png
facup.png
comshield.png

Manchester United are closing in on a sensational 5 trophies this season and this is the month where they can achieve this. So far they have already claimed the Community Shield and Carling Cup and will receive the Premier League Trophy on the last day of the season at Newcastle once the season is finished. So far they are still competing for the Champions League and FA Cup, of which they can still claim both as they face rivals in both competitions. Here are the May fixtures,

11.png
3.5.2014 -
609.png
Birmingham (Home)
11.png
11.5.2014 -
688.png
Newcastle (Away)
facup.png
17.5.2014 -
679.png
Man City (Neutral)
1301394.png
24.5.2014 -
676.png
Liverpool (Neutral)

Manchester United are closing in on becoming the only team since Arsenal's famous invincible's under Wenger. With just two Premier League fixtures remaining against Newcastle and Birmingham City they will certainly be hoping that they can maintain their form and claim a unprecedented fourth Premier League Trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back