The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

View attachment 183523

Season Preview 2020/2021
(Season 6)

View attachment 183577

Following our consecutive domestic trebles, the board are now expecting me to make it a hattrick, which will be my aim anyway. Further progression in the Champions League is also expected.

Of course we are the bookies favourites to defend the Premier League Title, especially now that we are regarded as the most reputable team in the Country.

View attachment 183567

Unfortunately both Burgess and Calero had release clauses in there contracts, which were triggered and are big losses to the squad. Fortunately our rise in reputation means we have the ability to attract some decent replacements, if not upgrades.

View attachment 183561

6 Key Players

View attachment 183560

Ryoya Ito - A young Japanese winger, on loan from Gelsenkirchen. In my opinion he is the best player on paper that we have in the squad. I will be looking for him to fill the void left by Calero on the Left Wing.

View attachment 183559

Stanislas Bangala - Another young winger acquired on loan from Germany. He is a skilful player and is likely to have a lot of fun running at the labouring defenders in the Welsh League. He also has a wicked freekick, which should come in handy from set-pieces.

View attachment 183558

Brad Beatson - A young English defender who was released by Sheffield Wednesday. Easily the best defender in the squad and is a solid replacement for Burgess.

View attachment 183557

Lewin Nyatanga - Another ex-Welsh international has decided to return to Wales to end his career. A useful addition to the backline, he has signed a 2 year deal but may only have 1 decent season left in him.

View attachment 183556

Matthew Willock - A young, tireless, defensive minded CM. He is an ex-Man United product with a decent pedigree. Although he never made an appearance for the club, he is a big addition for us and will be one of the first names on the teamsheet when fit.

View attachment 183555

Aeon Morrison - An Arsenal youth product deemed surplus to requirements. He has loads of potential and is a fitting replacement for the ageing Boaz Myhill. By the end of the season i anticipate Morrison to be our No. 1 keeper.

View attachment 183554

Our boost in reputation has attracted some more lucrative sponsors - Nothing special but worth noting.

View attachment 183553

We have been drawn against Romanian Champions, Steaua Bucharest in our Champions League second qualifying round. Not the easiest draw in which we will be underdogs, but i believe we have e a good chance of progression.

View attachment 183450

2nd Qualifying Phase

View attachment 183449
View attachment 183448

We have finally reached the 3rd qualifying phase at the 5th time of asking!!

As expected Steaua Bucharest proved to be a tough opponent, but an early goal from new signing, Gboly Ariyibi away in Bucharest proved to be the difference. We had to withstand heavy pressure at times but our defence lead by a MoTM performance from fellow new signing, Brad Beastson managed to keep them out.

We have been drawn against Kazakhstan Champions, FK Aktobe in the 3rd qualifying phase. They are arguably a weaker side than
Steaua Bucharest, so we have a really good chance of progressing to the playoffs.

View attachment 183443

very solid transfers compared to the level in Wales.
Aktobe are a weaker side then Steaua and you should have no problems.
as well internally you should win all of your games with ease.

very solid transfers compared to the level in Wales.
Aktobe are a weaker side then Steaua and you should have no problems.
as well internally you should win all of your games with ease.

Yeah we are able to attract some pretty decent players to the club now, making the domestic competitions far to easy. Is a little frustrating as I am starting to get bored on the domestic front with the lack of competition. At least we had more success this year in Europe and hopefully get through to the Champions League Playoffs!

View attachment 183422

3rd Qualifying Phase

View attachment 183421
View attachment 183420

A last minute equaliser from Japanese winger, Ryoya Ito, books our place in the Champions League playoffs! We were just seconds away from dreaded extra time and the potential possibility of a shootout, but fortunately for both my own health and the fans we were sparred that emotional torture. We were the better side across the 2 legs and possibly should of won more comfortably on aggregate, but i am just delighted to progress even further into the competition.

Dinamo Zagreb are the last team standing in our way of making it through to the Champions League Group Stage. They will undoubtably be our toughest opponents to date this season and am looking forward to the challenge.

Even if we end up losing, my understanding is that we have qualified for the Europa League Group Stage already. A massive achievement for us and should receive a big financial boost!

View attachment 183419

That is an giant achievement for the club man !! Good luck with Dinamo !

Massive achievement in making the European Group Stage, no matter which competition it is. Congratulations!

That is an giant achievement for the club man !! Good luck with Dinamo !

Massive achievement in making the European Group Stage, no matter which competition it is. Congratulations!

Cheers guys! I'm not very optimistic about beating Dinamo, but will give it our best shot. Would probably have a better chance of grabbing a result in the Europa League anyway, so a loss might not be such a bad thing.

Great job in Europe internationally and at club level Dinamo will be a challenge but, you can get through

I think you can sneak through! The loan signings of yours look promising :) All the best!

Fantastic progress mate! Very well played in the Euros and getting to the play offs with Carmarthen is huge! Imagine if you get the group stages and the £8m that comes with it!?

Great job in Europe internationally and at club level Dinamo will be a challenge but, you can get through

Thanks mate! I fear Dinamo might be a bit out of our League at the moment, but am looking forward to the challenge!

Great job in Europe

Cheers man! Hopefully we can pick you a few results up in the group stages of wherever we end up.

I think you can sneak through! The loan signings of yours look promising :) All the best!

Yeah both Bangala and Ito look like incredible on paper, hopefully they can perform for us in Europe.

Fantastic progress mate! Very well played in the Euros and getting to the play offs with Carmarthen is huge! Imagine if you get the group stages and the £8m that comes with it!?

Thanks mate - I really wanted to get a bit further in the Euros but were unlucky to be drawn against France, who have an incredible squad. Yeah the financial boost is going to be awesome regardless of the result against Dinamo, so can hopefully improve some of our facilities!

View attachment 183148

Playoffs

View attachment 183147
View attachment 183146

Unfortunately, Dinamo Zagreb proved to good for us in our Champions League Playoff. Although we ended up losing 7-3 on aggregate, both matches were much closer than the result showed. We had a decent amount of possession but failed to create the same number of chances that they did with the ball and were much more clinical in front of goal. Boaz Myhill rolled back the years in the first tie, pulling out some outrageous saves in what is likely to be his last year with us.

Although we are out of the Champions League, we enter the Europa League Group Stage with a massive £4.028 Million in the bank! We need to pump some of this into the clubs facilities as very little has been done during my time at the club.

View attachment 183145
View attachment 183143
View attachment 183141

As a 4th seeded team, we have been given a pretty brutal Group in the Europa League. We may have a shot at getting something from the Utrecht matches, but cant see anything coming against Wolfsburg or Dinamo Moscow.

View attachment 183139

Being in the Europa league groups is by itself a huge success for the club ! You gave a good fight against Dynamo !

View attachment 183010

August

View attachment 183015
View attachment 183014

A comfortable start to the new season, recording 3-0 victories over both TNS and Bangor. The season looks set to be our easiest yet, although Port Talbot have managed a goal difference of 7 in there first 2 matches to lead the Premier League at the end of August.

View attachment 183013

I had expected Port Talbot manager, Andy Pearce to pick up the Manager of the Month award but have possibly awarded it to me for beating TNS so comfortably.

View attachment 183012

September is a busy month for us and will require contributions from the whole squad. We also start our Europa League Campaign with perhaps our most winnable match, which is set to be a particular highlight!

View attachment 183005

International Friendly / European League

View attachment 183001View attachment 183002
View attachment 183000

I decided to appoint Aaron Ramsey as our new Captain, following the retirement of Ashley Williams. As he lead us to a rather unconvincing win over the Ivory Coast. We created numerous chances but couldn't convert them until young replacement striker, Liam Cullen managed to get on the end of a Neil Taylor cross.

Gareth Bale also broke Ashley Williams recent Welsh Caps record, taking his tally to 96. At the age of just 31, he still has plenty of time to extend his record for both caps and goals.

View attachment 182999
View attachment 182998

We managed to record a shock 1-1 draw away in Spain, in what is arguably the toughest match in our European League Division 1 Group. We took the lead through an unbelievable solo goal from Gareth Bale, which i can honestly say is one of the best i have ever seen! Spain raised there game in the second half and we had to dig deep, to hold on to a precious point.

View attachment 182997

Spain managed to beat Croatia in the opening game of the group. Hopefully we can avoid 3rd place and stay in the top Division, but Croatia will be tough opposition.

View attachment 182869

September

View attachment 182868
View attachment 182865

We managed kick our Europa League Campaign off with a massive win over Dutch side, FC Utrecht. An early goal from Ito put us in the driving seat before Lloyd James missed a penalty in the 75th minute to secure the victory. It was a fairly comfortable game in the end, as Boaz Myhill was barely tested all game.

Unfortunately, as with all our European matches we are unable to play at home, in our 3,000 capacity Richmond Park. Instead we have to play at the local Scarlets rugby stadium with a capacity nearer 15,000.

View attachment 182867
View attachment 182866

Our Domestic Campaign maintains its 100% record, winning all 5 matches this month. We have dominated all our matches, so am slightly disappointed not to have won by a greater margin in some games. The Europa League fixtures are forcing some of our domestic matches to be rescheduled, so am expecting quite a few congested periods of fixtures this season.

View attachment 182864
View attachment 182862

Another Manager of the Month Award for me, as Bangala picks up Player of the Month. His ability is far above the players in the Welsh Premier League, so is not very surprising to his name alongside this award.

View attachment 182861

Our scouting network is now unrestricted and can scout players from anywhere in the world. This is a huge step, as I will unfortunately need a lot of foreign imports to succeed in Europe.

View attachment 182860

8 matches are scheduled for October, including 2 Europa League matches away to both Dinamo Moscow and Wolfsburg.

View attachment 182561

European League

View attachment 182560
View attachment 182559
View attachment 182557

We started the game well against Croatia, as Tyler Roberts got on the end of an early cross to give us the lead. Unfortunately, this seemed to wake Croatia up and they started to dominate the match. Our defence was resilient throughout and looked like we were going to sneak the win, but a fantastic solo effort from Kramaric levelled things up. He ran the best part of half the pitch, before slotting it past Darlow from a tight angle (probably should of done better).

I also came across a bright young talent in Daniel James, he is English but was eligible to play for Wales so decided to snap him up nice and early. He can play on both wings and is a decent backup to have in the squad.

View attachment 182558

The draw keeps us in 2nd place, as we battle to avoid relegation back down to Division B. I expect the game to come down to our return leg against Croatia, if we can avoid defeat there i think we will stay up.

View attachment 182556
View attachment 182555

Despite a recent win against Ivory Coast and 2 draws against Spain and Croatia we find ourselves sliding down the World Rankings. I never really understand how they come up with the rankings but will just have to keep plugging away.

P.S. I know i have really started to make some progress on this save in recent times but am loosing a bit of interest, mainly because of the lack of competition in the Domestic League. So far this is the only save I have played on FM16 (except for a season in League 1) so will likely start a new save in a bid to renew my interest. I will definitely keep going with this save but perhaps less frequently.

Once the January update comes out I am considering starting either a Leicester City save or perhaps an unemployed Journeyman. Let me know what you think or any other
suggestions! :)

when i find myself refreshing the site to see if you posted any updates, that's a sign that your story is good.
start playing with more youth internally so they grow faster. i have confidence you can find a way to make it harder.