The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

View attachment 177295

January

View attachment 177294
View attachment 177293

So January saw us record a further 5 wins out of 5 across all competitions, scoring 19 goals and conceding just 2. Our lead is still just 18 points at the top of the table and with just 30 points left on offer, the title should be ours in 3/4 games time i would of thought.

I decided to also sell both Barry Ryan and Rhoys Wiggins this month.

View attachment 177292

220k for Barry Ryan was too hard to turn down, especially since I had already signed another striker on a bosman deal, whom shall be revealed next season when he arrives! Ryan is a great player with massive potential but in my eyes is replaceable at the club.

View attachment 177291

Selling Rhoys Wiggins on a free was a tough decision to make. He was on a contract to the end of next season earning £600 p/w, which is pretty high for the small wage budget i am restricted to. I therefore decided to let him go and have already secured his replacement on another Bosman signing.

View attachment 177290

Narado Loties (ST) - Is the only player I brought in during the January window, as all other signings are on Bosman deals. He was signed on a free and is contracted to the end of the season, to offer some cover to the strikers in Ryan's absence. I am unsure whether i will extend his contract to next season, we shall see how he does.

View attachment 177289

The board have increased the transfer budget from pretty much £0 to £2.42 Million!!! I am likely to pup alot of this into the wage budget and try secure a load more players on expiring contracts, as there is a lot of talent out there!

View attachment 177288

February gets a bit busier for us but another unbeaten month should have the Welsh Premier League Title wrapped up.

Last edited:
Amazing haircut your regen (Narado Loties)has ha ha !!

View attachment 176107

February

View attachment 176106
View attachment 176105

Our performances throughout February, weren't our most convincing but have done enough to secure the Welsh Premier League with a plenty of games to spare. It was frustrating to only draw against TNS, as we conceded an early penalty and red card. Hopefully now we can finish our unbeaten season and wrap up another treble winning season.

View attachment 176104

Ito and Willock make the the top 3 players of the month whilst i got another manager of the month award. I am considering trying to sigh Ito on a permanent deal after a very successful loan spell, if his wage demands aren't too high.

View attachment 176103
View attachment 176102

March is looking like a very quiet month with just the 2 games. This is the time for fringe players to really impress me and try secure themselves a renewed contract.

View attachment 176101

View attachment 175295

World Cup 2022 Qualifiers
(March)

View attachment 175294
View attachment 175293
View attachment 175292

Our opening match of qualification, saw us comfortably brush aside group favourites, Poland. Two goals in the space of a minute from our wingers proved to be enough for all 3 points. Unfortunately Gareth Bale had to be withdrawn from the squad a couple of days before the match due to a groin injury, however this made way for the debut of 18 year old, Sam White.

View attachment 175291
View attachment 175290
View attachment 175289

Our away trip to Slovenia a couple of days later proved to be a greater test, as I was forced into fielding a rotated the squad. It wasn't the most exciting match but it was our young substitute, Sam White that proved to be the difference.

View attachment 175288

Here is the man himself, Sam White! He definitely has the potential for a big future in the Wales setup, so will just be hoping Man City can manage him well and aid his development.

View attachment 175287

So we are 2 games into our qualification campaign with a 100% win record, 3 points clear of 2nd. It is the perfect start, but there is still a very long way to go.

Nice job winning the league and a good start in World Cup qualifying

View attachment 175243

March

View attachment 175242
View attachment 175241

A quiet March saw us extend our unbeaten run and move 27 points clear of TNS! Although we continue to get results, our performances could still do with am improvement, as we really should be winning more comfortably. I will probably play around with the tactics a bit in the coming matches to try build for next season.

View attachment 175240
View attachment 175239
View attachment 175237

After just the 2 matches this month, both Bah and myself missout on the top awards. Meanwhile, Ito breaks Wiggins season assists record after picking up his 21st and with a few games remaining in the season has time to add a few more.

View attachment 175238

Unfortunately Matthew Willock suffered a broken leg in training and will be out for the remainder of the season. Hopefully he will be back fit in time for the start of our European Campaign next season.

View attachment 175236

Just 5 games left in the season (assuming we make the JD Cup Final), hopefully we can complete the treble and maintain our invincible season!

JD Welsh Cup Final

View attachment 175025

Despite Liam Walsh picking up a very early red card, we manage to ease past Llandudno and complete the treble. We created numerous chances and should probably have scored more, but for a 10 man effort, it was extremely pleasing.

We have complete control of the Domestic competitions and cant see that ever changing now.

View attachment 175024
View attachment 175023

View attachment 174776

End of Season

View attachment 174775
View attachment 174774
View attachment 174773

The teams performances picked up again in these last couple of matches, finishing a massive 31 points above TNS in the table! We have managed to go all season unbeaten domestically, drawing only 3 matches. Next season i guess the aim domestically will be have to win every single match and not drop any points.

View attachment 174769
View attachment 174768

Ibrahima Bah picked up both Player of the Year and Top Goalscorer, as we went on to score an incredible 29 goals in 26 matches in his debut season! Despite being sold in January Barry Ryan still came in 3rd for goals scored this season!

View attachment 174767

Our young loanee german winger, Bangala was awarded Young Player of the Year. Unfortunately it doesn't look likely that we will be able to sign him on a permanent deal, so this will be the end of his Carmarthen Career.

View attachment 174766
View attachment 174772

After just surpassing 300 games in management, I was awarded yet another Manager of the Year Award. Hopefully there will be many more games to come and will soon add some more European success to my personal accolades.

View attachment 174765

7 players made it into the Team of the Year, but was slightly surprised not so see a few more faces featuring.

Right-back, Marsh-Brown was voted fans player of the year, slightly surprisingly...

View attachment 174771
View attachment 174770

31 points clear? XD the league's too easy for you. If only you could transfer into the English leagues, who knows where you'd be at this stage.

As we say down here in Carmarthen: dal ati, bei! (Keep it up mate!)

31 points clear? XD the league's too easy for you. If only you could transfer into the English leagues, who knows where you'd be at this stage.

As we say down here in Carmarthen: dal ati, bei! (Keep it up mate!)

I know it is far too easy now domestically! Yeah would be awesome if i could move into the English Leagues, shame its not an option:(.

Thanks mate - hopefully more European Success to come next season!

It's official: The Old Gold has officially outgrown the whole Welsh league, not even TNS can hold a candle to you anymore.
It could be even decades until the rest of the teams can become close to your level (it's pretty safe to assume that once the Welsh Premier makes it all the way into the Top 16 in the league ranking, the rest of the teams will eventually become pro due to the amount of money of television rights will inject into their funds) but oh well... That only proves how much of an amazing job you're doing.

Keep it up, your efforts are starting to show even in Europe (really good Europa League campaign).

.P.S.: Amazing job with the Red Dragons too, at this rate seeing them in a World Cup (again) seems even plausible.

It's official: The Old Gold has officially outgrown the whole Welsh league, not even TNS can hold a candle to you anymore.
It could be even decades until the rest of the teams can become close to your level (it's pretty safe to assume that once the Welsh Premier makes it all the way into the Top 16 in the league ranking, the rest of the teams will eventually become pro due to the amount of money of television rights will inject into their funds) but oh well... That only proves how much of an amazing job you're doing.

Keep it up, your efforts are starting to show even in Europe (really good Europa League campaign).

.P.S.: Amazing job with the Red Dragons too, at this rate seeing them in a World Cup (again) seems even plausible.

Thanks mate! It has become far to easy domestically now, but at least i get a shot at Europe each season - Hopefully we can make the Champions League Groups this year, but we shall see.

I am really liking the Welsh squad at the moment, will be a massive loss when Bale and Ramsey go, but have a few decent youth players coming through which is always pleasing. Hopefully Carmarthen can produce the next prodigy....

View attachment 174597

Friendly/World Cup Qualifier

View attachment 174596
View attachment 174595

A friendly against Australia, turned out to be a bit more difficult than expected. They were clinical in front of goal, scoring with their first 2 efforts on goal, to take the lead twice. Fortunately we managed to battle fight back, and hold out for a narrow victory.

View attachment 174594
View attachment 174593
View attachment 174592

Gareth Bale picked up a knock against the Aussies ruling him out of our World Cup Qualifier against Luxembourg. In theory this should of been our easiest game in the group, but they managed to make it extremely difficult for us. They were hard to break down and kept hold of the ball well, but in truth didn't really pose a serious threat in front of goal.

View attachment 174591

Our 100% record continues as we lead Ireland by 2 points. We are approaching halfway and after Poland's slip up, our chances of qualifying for the World Cup are looking good.

View attachment 174583

Rankings

View attachment 174577
View attachment 174576

A massive shock as we retain the top spot in Wales for another year!

View attachment 174579
View attachment 174578

Our European success last season has massively enhanced the clubs reputation, climbing a staggering 133 places in the rankings. Another decent year in Europe and we will we be closing in on double digits!

View attachment 174581
View attachment 174580

The Welsh Premier League's reputation has also been boosted, but are still behind the Vanarama National League! Unfortunately we are carrying the League forwards on our own, so is going to be a slow process climbing up the rankings.

View attachment 174302

Season Preview 2021/22
(Season 7)

View attachment 174301
View attachment 174300

Our season objectives are exactly the same as last year: Win the League and JD Welsh Cup, whilst reaching the 3rd qualifying round of the Champions League. Hopefully we will be able to reach the group stages again in one of the European competitions, whilst completing our 3rd consecutive domestic treble.

Although we had a treble winning side and made the Europe League group stages last season, I still made a load of signings, in an attempt to build on our success and progress further into Europe.

View attachment 174298

5 Key Signings

View attachment 174297

Jano Baxmann - A German winger who can comfortable play down both flanks. He is a key replacement for our loanee signings last season. Hopefully he will prove to be a big acquisition for us.

View attachment 174296

Yanis Henin - Following the retirement of Boaz Myhill, I decided to bring in a top class goalkeeper as a replacement and settled on this young French keeper. He will easily be our No.1 in goal and still has time to develop.

View attachment 174295
Kyle Scott - An American midfielder joins to sure up our midfield. He has some good attributes and again has time to develop further at the age of just 23.

View attachment 174294
Mogens Christiansen - This is my replacement to the sale of Barry Ryan last season and will be our main focal point going forward. His attributes look extremely promising and am expecting him score at least 35 goals this season across all competitions (hopefully alot in Europe!).

View attachment 174293

Ryan Mason - He was released by Spurs last season and had been on the free market for some time. Eventually his wage demands dropped sufficiently for me to make the signing. He may be past his best but with Premier League experience and an England cap he is a great addition to our squad.

View attachment 174292

We have been drawn against Icelandic semi-pro side Valur for our opening game of Champions League qualification. We should be be able to progress pretty easily I feel.

View attachment 1026859

Champions League Qualifying Round 2

View attachment 174256
View attachment 174255

We managed to cruise past Valur in the 2nd round of qualifying, with a 3-0 aggregate win. I had expected to win by a slightly greater margin considering we were up against a semi-pro team and the early red card for Beatson in the 2nd leg didn't exactly help.

We have been given a tough draw against Celtic for the 3rd qualifying round. They will be favourites going into the game, but believe we have the ability in the squad to progress.

View attachment 174254

Good luck with Celtic man ! It is going to be very difficult but I think you have a chance !