The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

when i find myself refreshing the site to see if you posted any updates, that's a sign that your story is good.
start playing with more youth internally so they grow faster. i have confidence you can find a way to make it harder.

Cheers man, really appreciate it :).

I have been rotating the side, due to the volume of fixtures and am still finding it pretty easy. As i say, if i did start a new save it wouldn't be the end for Carmarthen Town just gives me a new challenge to go alongside.

Enjoyed this epic from the beginning, one of my favourites. Understandable though that you're losing interest once you've dominated such a restrictive league for so long. (Want to see how you go in the Europa League this season still!)

After following DerbyJack's excellent 'The Football Managing Mercenary', I rekon you should go for a Journeyman career. After spilling blood, sweat and tears for The Old Gold with 20 Loyalty, see how you fare in the quest for personal glory!

It's been the best story on the site so far this year.

Why don't you buy players from other WPL teams and then loan them back as part of the deal so the other clubs get some income?

Or you could challenge yourself to beat Carmarthen to the title with another WPL side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic stuff you've done in Wales mate. I can understand your loss of interest, especially in the domestic front of things. I'd like to see a journeyman save for your next story.

Enjoyed this epic from the beginning, one of my favourites. Understandable though that you're losing interest once you've dominated such a restrictive league for so long. (Want to see how you go in the Europa League this season still!)

After following DerbyJack's excellent 'The Football Managing Mercenary', I rekon you should go for a Journeyman career. After spilling blood, sweat and tears for The Old Gold with 20 Loyalty, see how you fare in the quest for personal glory!

Yeah i am keen to see how Europe goes this season as well, since it has been 5 seasons work just to get here! As i say i will keep going with this story but would be nice to have another challenge going at the same time.

Yeah i do really like the concept of being a managing mercenary and have always enjoyed a good journeyman save so is a likely possibility that i will start one in the coming days.

It's been the best story on the site so far this year.

Why don't you buy players from other WPL teams and then loan them back as part of the deal so the other clubs get some income?

Or you could challenge yourself to beat Carmarthen to the title with another WPL side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. Really appreciate that :D

It wouldn't feel right turning my back on the Old Gold - The ultimate aim of the challenge is to win the champions League and moving clubs would be taking a step back. Although i do like the idea of trying to boost rivals finances in an attempt to help them grow, so may give that a go.

Fantastic stuff you've done in Wales mate. I can understand your loss of interest, especially in the domestic front of things. I'd like to see a journeyman save for your next story.

Yeah is getting a bit easy too easy domestically now and am my presence isn't really required! haha. The jorneyman save seems the popular choice so may give that a go and come back to this save every now and then.

I cant really decided between a Leicester save and a Journeyman so will put it to you awesome people to help me decide. Cheers for Voting :D

http://goo.gl/NHzDBX

Last edited:
View attachment 182050

October

View attachment 182048
View attachment 182042
View attachment 182047
View attachment 182043

After 3 group matches, we are sitting 2nd! Who would of thought that at the start of the season?!

A late 2 goal comeback in Moscow earned us a very valuable point on the road, whilst we were on the end of an inevitable hammering in Wolfsburg. After 2 tough away games, we really didn't look out of our depth in the competition and am suddenly starting to believe that we could sneak 2nd spot and progress to the knockout stages. Still along way to go, but confidence is growing.

View attachment 182046
View attachment 182044

It was another unbeaten month on the domestic front, but was disappointed to only draw in the game against Prestatyn. We dominated the game but couldn't convert our chances and is our first dropped points of the season! It's just the one game and we are still dominating the League so guess i cant be to annoyed...

View attachment 182040

The draw cost me October's Manager of the Month Award as Bangor picked up 5 wins out of 5. I did also win 5 games and picked up an additional draw, which is arguably better but I will let it slide.

View attachment 182038
View attachment 182036

The Chairman is preparing to offer me a new contract to stay at Carmarthen Town, whilst they have also boosted the Junior Coaching. Good to see the prize money being reinvested.

View attachment 182039

Another busy month to prepare for in November, which includes a massive game against Utrecht at the end of the month - possibly a battle for 2nd in the group.

It has been a pretty unanimous decision for me to embark on a journeyman save as my other story, so will hopefully get that up and running pretty soon. Although as i say this save will continue just the updates will be slightly less frequently :)

Why don't you wait until final January update is out to start your journeyman save mate! It'll only be a few weeks, then you can have one final push to get further in Champions League. :)

Why don't you wait until final January update is out to start your journeyman save mate! It'll only be a few weeks, then you can have one final push to get further in Champions League. :)

That was my original plan, but as i will be doing a journeyman save it shouldn't really matter and have downloaded Whizzkids update.

Will still keep progressing with Carmarthen but hoping a new save will get my enthusiasm back for the save.

View attachment 181520

European League Division A

View attachment 181519
View attachment 181518

After pulling off an impressive draw over in Spain, I was optimistic of getting a result. Unfortunately, things didn't really go to plan and Spain completely dominated the game. I tried making alterations throughout but they proved useless.

This result means that we go into our final group game against Croatia, needing a point to stay in Division A.

View attachment 181516
View attachment 181515
View attachment 181510

We managed to pull off a spectacular victory in Croatia, without the likes of Bale and Allen who missed out through injury and suspension respectively. Emyr Huws first international goal from 48 matches proved to be the decider. We were clinical on the counter once again and managed to pull off a massive upset, relegating Croatia to Division B.

View attachment 181514
View attachment 181513

Our World Ranking creeps up slightly following our result over Croatia. It is going to take a number of consecutive wins if we are ever going to break into the top rankings.

View attachment 181512
View attachment 181511

(Got a few updates to get write up before starting my other save.)

Really hope you continue with this save , you 've done a great job so far !

View attachment 180462

Europa League

View attachment 180461
View attachment 180460
View attachment 180459
View attachment 180458

A record home attendance, witnessed one of the biggest results in our history as we held Wolfsburg to a 1-1 draw. We played really well, and didn't look out of our depth at all, which was a pleasant change from the first match. Ito, put us in a heap of trouble with 30 minutes left to play as he picked up a second booking, but we managed to dig deep and hold out for the draw.

The match also brought in around 300k extra revenue, which is another massive bonus for us.

View attachment 180456

Utrecht were seeking revenge and subsequently got it through a 5-1 thrashing! They were the better side, but the scoreline didn't really do us justice. They scored some beautiful goals from range and only managed to create one clear-cut-chance. Wiggins red card didn't help, and am going to have to address our discipline issues in future matches.

View attachment 180454
View attachment 180455

These results see us knocked out of the Europa League, finishing in 3rd place. We will look to beat Dinamo Moscow in our final match, to cap off what has been a fantastic first season in the Europa League Group stages.

Even this one win it is great achievement man well done !

View attachment 180347

November

View attachment 180346
View attachment 180345

October was a very busy month for the club, playing matches across all competitions. We dropped another 2 points in the league, away to Bangor which was probably a result of major squad rotation. Despite this slight hick-up we are 12 points clear at the top of the table. With only 1 game remaining in Europe are sole focus will be turned to our domestic matches and am expecting to achieve an unbeaten treble winning season.

View attachment 180344

Another Manager of the Month Award to add to my ever growing collection!

View attachment 180343

We will have to face our toughest opposition in the final of theWord Cup, but based on our recent head to heads, we should come out comfortable winners.

View attachment 180342
View attachment 180341

A new 2 year contract has been signed with Carmarthen, as the board have entrusted their faith in me to take us to the next level. They have also invested some of or Europe revenue into upgrading the training facilities, which is particularly pleasing!

Also just a quick mention on my managers brilliant Movember attempt! Amazing.

View attachment 180340

December is a quieter month, as we start to focus on domestic competitions. Hopefully we can get a 2nd group stage victory over Dinamo Moscow aswell.

Last edited:
Unlucky with Europe but, great in the league, also that Movember effort is fantastic

View attachment 177806

Europa League

View attachment 177805

Our final Europa League game saw us fall to a disappointing collapse at home to Dinamo Moscow. We took the lead through a scrappy goal from Ito, but failed to hang on for a result in the last 5 minutes of the game. I had made the formation more defensive for the final 10 minutes as we looked to see out the game, but this seemed to have an adverse effect which ultimately saw us lose.

Despite a disappointing end to our 2020/21 Europa League campaign, it is hard to look past the massive success we have achieved this season. Reaching the Group stages was one thing, but to then go on and pick up 5 points in a difficult group is phenomenal. This is bound to have a massive impact on our reputation and will be hoping for a repeat performance in reaching the groups next season, if not in the Champions League.

View attachment 177804

View attachment 177696

December

View attachment 177675
View attachment 177674

4 more wins in the Welsh Premier League, moves us 18 points clear of TNS! At this rate we are going to have officially retained the title in a couple of months time. The domestic competition is getting far to easy, although Llandudno caused us a little scare, putting 3 goals past our defence!

View attachment 177670
View attachment 177669

Barry Ryan's 6 goals in 4 matches earns him Player of the month, whilst helping me on my way to Manger of the Month. I need a specific room dedicated to these awards at this rate!

View attachment 177695

Boaz Myhill has decided to call time on his professional career at the end of the season, after 22 years. He has spent an incredible 4 years at the club and helped raise the stature of the club from an unknown Welsh side to one competing in the Europa League. I thought about asking him to reconsider retirement, but he is no longer he is on the decline and by the end of the season will likely be our No.2.

View attachment 177666

The final of theWord Cup is as we look to retain it for a 5th straight year against our closest rivals TNS.

Annual Awards

View attachment 177665

An interesting decision from the Welsh supporters, as they decided to leave Gareth Bale out of the Best XI. He didn't have the best tournament at the Euro's and has been performing slightly under par, but he is still one of the first names on my team sheet.

View attachment 177657

Aaron Ramsey scoops another Welsh Player of the Year Award after another successful year with Arsenal. Gareth Bale's lack of performances for Real Madrid sees him miss out on the top 3, which includes a shock surprise in Joe Ledley at No.2!

View attachment 177656

Despite Spain being dropped to more of a backup player this season, his performances over the year earn him a 2nd Welsh Young Player of the Year Award. Goodridge, who is well down the Carmarthen pecking order also comes in the top 3.

View attachment 177664
View attachment 177663

Barry Ryan is a highly sort after player and have had bids coming in from a number of Championship sides. He is tied down on a contract until the end of next season, so will only be selling him if i get an offer of 100k+. He has been in terrific form this season and fully deserves to be the Irish Young Player of the Year.

View attachment 177383

World Cup 2022 Qualification Draw

View attachment 177381
View attachment 177382

We managed to get in the 2nd seeding draw, which ultimately helped us in getting a relatively easy group. Poland are currently ranked 12th in the world and pose our biggest threat, but considering some of our recent results against bigger sides, I fancy our chances of topping the group.

View attachment 177296

theWord Cup Final

View attachment 177299

A routine 3-0 victory over TNS retains theWord Cup for a 5th consecutive year! A couple of seasons TNS were a side that would pose a serious challenge but today they barely had a sniff on goal. We missed a couple of decent opportunities to extend our lead but the win is good enough for me.

An unbeaten domestic season is looking more and more likely.

View attachment 177298
View attachment 177297

Last edited: