The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

Congrats on the league title. Fingers crossed for a kind draw in the qualifying rounds now.
The money you get should really help your case for turning pro with the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the league title. Fingers crossed for a kind draw in the qualifying rounds now.
The money you get should really help your case for turning pro with the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate! Yeah hopefully we get a decent draw and the aim will be to make the 2nd round of qualifying! If we achieve that, then i will be confident we will become a professional side.

April/May

View attachment 201367
View attachment 201366
View attachment 201362
View attachment 201363

So the final 3 matches passed with very little to play for, but gave me a chance to experiment and give a few fringe/youth players a chance to impress. Despite the loss to Bala, we continued to impress and managed to finish the season with a bang.

Winning the league also turned out to be a record high finish for Carmarthen as I begin to engrave my name into the clubs history. The 15k prize money reiterates the importance for success in Europe, if the club is to develop.

View attachment 201365
View attachment 201360

So the board have allowed me a much bigger budget for next season, as we look to build on our success. The wage budget has been increased by over twice as much and have even been given a small transfer budget! Now i just hope we can attract some bigger players to the team.

Unfortunately 3 of our best players; Alex Lawless, Alex Evans and Mamadou Diallo are unwilling to enter contract negotiations, as they believe the squad isn't strong enough for there ambitions! I will am quietly confident I will be willing to win them over with the addition of some players and the lure of Champions League football, but we will have to see i guess.

View attachment 201361

Our mini Europa League success has brought in a healthy 275k profit to the club! A win in the Champions League 1st qualifying round will hopefully bring in even more money and an opportunity for the club to start to develop.

End of Season Review

View attachment 201298
View attachment 201297
View attachment 201296

So Ian Shepherd managed to scoop the Welsh Premier League Player of the Year Award, whilst Will Abbotts had to settle for top goalscorer. Both players had a big hand to play in our success this season, and am pleased to of locked them down for next season.

View attachment 201295

I was awarded Manager of the Year for the second time, in as many seasons and will be looking to make it a hattrick.

View attachment 201293

4 Carmarthen Town players were named in the team of the season. Alex Evans is one of the best CB's in the League, based on this season's performances and will be a massive loss for us if i cant persuade him to sign a new contract.

View attachment 201294

It has been a fantastic season for us and have dominated League practically all the way through. The only thing missing was winning the JD Welsh Cup and so will be aiming for the treble next season.

Rankings

View attachment 201283
View attachment 201284

So after a successful campaign, our reputation in Wales has raised significantly and we are now 3rd in the rankings. Hopefully it wont be long before we knock TNS off top spot in Wales, making Carmarthen Town the most reputable club in the country (except for those in the English Leagues of course).

View attachment 201280
View attachment 201279

Our European Club ranking has also been raised to 498th. We still have some distance to go before we get to the same stature as any recognisable teams, but we are moving in the right direction.

View attachment 201282
View attachment 201281

Unfortunately the Dafabet Welsh Premier League dropped further in the Competition Rankings list and is clearly going to require some positive Welsh results in Champions League/Europa qualifiers if we are going to increase our stature.

Champions League 1st Qualifying Phase

View attachment 201206

So we have been drawn against Armenian side, Shirak Gyumri. I can honestly say i have never heard of them and I am sure they would say the same about us. They don't look like the best of sides after taking a look through their squad, so feel as though we have a great opportunity of progressing!

Good luck in the CL quals mate - would be great to see you make the Group Stage!!

Good luck in the CL quals mate - would be great to see you make the Group Stage!!

I would love to see that aswell, but I think that might be a bit optimistic for this season! haha.

Well done on the league mate! Hopefully you can get through the 1st round of CL qualifiers!

Champions League 1st Qualifying Round

View attachment 201000
View attachment 200996

We managed to conquer the Armenian Champions rather easily in the end, winning both legs. We looked pretty good considering we lost 3 of our best players at the end of last season, and haven't really managed to find any decent replacements prior to these matches.

Ian Shepard scored an unbelievable (fluke) goal, which i had to share below. He claims he did it on purpose and saw the keeper off his line, but I have a slight suspicion it was an attempted cross gone wrong or right i suppose!

View attachment 200998
View attachment 200997

We have been drawn against stronger opposition in the form of FK Partizan Beograd. Hopefully i can sign a couple of players before the registration window.

View attachment 200991

Guess Who?

So i have just managed to sign my first big name with Carmarthen Town and by big i mean for this Level!

He has;

- 20 Welsh Caps
- Aston Villa Youth Product
- Born in USA
- Best known for spells at Hull and WBA

Can anyone guess who it is??

View attachment 200987

I couldn't guess but did look it up - wont ruin it in case someone else can guess it. Great signing though!!

This has been a fantastic read, honestly can't wait for the updates. I'm follow the WPL quite a lot, and being from Llandudno it's nice to see them in the game for the first time, although not doing as well as real life (Currently flying in 2nd place behind TNS).

I'm doing a save with a team from the 4th tier of Wales with the aims of making the Champions League, I've just been promoted into the Cymru Alliance (2nd tier), and made the step up to semi-pro so it's going well so far.

Is the above player Boaz Myhill, I remember him making his Wales debut and finding it strange because he was born in the USA (I didn't understand how he could play for Wales because I was so young haha!)

Keep up the good work :)

This has been a fantastic read, honestly can't wait for the updates. I'm follow the WPL quite a lot, and being from Llandudno it's nice to see them in the game for the first time, although not doing as well as real life (Currently flying in 2nd place behind TNS).

I'm doing a save with a team from the 4th tier of Wales with the aims of making the Champions League, I've just been promoted into the Cymru Alliance (2nd tier), and made the step up to semi-pro so it's going well so far.

Is the above player Boaz Myhill, I remember him making his Wales debut and finding it strange because he was born in the USA (I didn't understand how he could play for Wales because I was so young haha!)

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks man! Really glad you are enjoying it! :)

Yeah Llandudno have been a solid mid-table side so far in the 2 seasons I have completed. Good to see them qualify for Europa League qualification.

Wow! That sounds like a massive challenge! Must be so hard financially, as there is barely any money in the WPL, so daren't think about the lower tiers! How many seasons have you done so far?

Yeah the above player is Boaz Myhill - I cant believe i was able to sign him! He was out of contract and a few League 1 sides were interested in him but I was the only one to offer a contract and he accepted! Will post a screenshot soon.

Just caught up nice job winning the league that is an amazing looking trophy as well. Also nice job in the Champions League, the Welsh cups may actually pay better than the Portuguese ones as well, decent money. Gook luck vs Partizan

Boaz Myhill

View attachment 200653
View attachment 200652

Boaz Myhill was released by WBA at the end of last season, after featuring in just 6 Premier League matches. I guess at the tender age of 34 his attributes are starting to decline could no longer perform to the level required in the BPL.

For some incredible reason, he has decided to join us Semi-Pro, Carmarthen Town. It is quite a career change, especially as a number of Championship and League 1, were rumoured to be interested. We were the only side that offered him a contract straight away and much to my delight he signed!

His wage demands we only £475 p/w, which is nothing for a player of his quality and experience!

Cracking signing mate! Should be more than capable of holding his own at this level!

Just caught up nice job winning the league that is an amazing looking trophy as well. Also nice job in the Champions League, the Welsh cups may actually pay better than the Portuguese ones as well, decent money. Gook luck vs Partizan

Thanks! Yeah it is an awesome trophy, hopefully you will be seeing a screenshot of it for many seasons to come! haha.

Really! I thought there would be a lot more prize money in Portugal - although i guess you have a few extra avenues of cash.

Cracking signing mate! Should be more than capable of holding his own at this level!

Cheers - Yeah I imagine he must be the best keeper in the League by quite some distance, lets just hope he performs.

Amazing signing mate! I might have missed it but are guys professional yet?