The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

Wales Appoint Morgan as Manager

View attachment 198670

So Wales have decided to take a punt on me and appointed me as the National Team manager, despite my lack of experience.

I honestly never thought i would be able to land the job so quickly, and this had been one of my longer objectives in the save. However, I am really looking forward to managing a team with the likes of Bale and Ramsey.

View attachment 198636

So no objectives have really been set for me yet, as the World Cup Qualifiers are already over for us. My first games in charge will be mid November against Kazakstan (away) and Costa Rica (home), so will be looking to get off to a winning start in management.

View attachment 198621
View attachment 198620

So we have slipped down to 39th in the World Rankings, so will be looking to get us moving back up the right directions straight away.

View attachment 198617
View attachment 198606

I needed an assistant manager for the National Team and after seeing Steven Gerrard on the shortlist, i couldn't help but offer him the role. Probably not the best sight for English fans, but he quickly accepted and so begins the start of a new Chapter in Welsh International Football!

Fantastic news on getting the national job.

Wonders if we will ever see caps for the old gold.

October

View attachment 198466
View attachment 198465

October didn't turn out to be the best month for us and we have now slipped 9 points behind TNS at the top of the table. Despite only being 12 games into the season, the title is already starting to get away from us and is going to take a big change in fortune for us to remain Champions. My main tactic, doesn't seem to be working to the same effect with this squad so am going to have to try mixing it up a bit more in an attempt to regain last seasons form.

View attachment 198463

We have been drawn against Llangefni in the JD Welsh Cup, which should be a pretty routine victory, if all goes to plan.

View attachment 198462
View attachment 198461

On a brighter note i have started studying for my Continental B license, so by the end of the season should be a more effective coach on both the domestic and International stage. I have also reached the 100 game milestone in my career, which seems to have flown by very quickly!

View attachment 198460

November is going to be a pivotal month in our season, as we cannot afford to lose any more ground on TNS in the League. All 3 League games appear winnable, so will be aiming for a maximum 9 points.

Well done for the Wales position ! Will you have Bale in the squad ?

Nice job getting the Wales job hopefully lead them into glory

Thanks mate! I think my first challenge is going to be qualifying for the next Euros, which is achievable.

Well done for the Wales position ! Will you have Bale in the squad ?

Thanks! Yeah I have Bale and Ramsey :D.

Am about to do an International update and is fair to say Bale got off to a fine start!

November International Friendlies

View attachment 198135
View attachment 198134

A Gareth Bale hattrick ensured that I got off to a winning start in my International Career. It is going to take some time before the squad come accustomed to my style of play, but i was very pleased at our first performance. I know Kazakstan aren't the greatest of opponents, but we can only beat whats in front of us.

Bale also became Wales record goalscorer with his 29th goal, overtaking Ian Rush. Hopefully he can reach the 50 landmark before he calls time on his International Career.

View attachment 198133

Costa Rica presented much tougher opposition, but again we managed to come out on top. It was a pretty even game in truth, but am delighted to have edged the victory.

Just in these 2 matches it is clear just how important Bale and Ramsey are to the team and will be hoping they can remain injury free.

View attachment 198132
View attachment 198131

We have moved up a ranking, to 38th after these 2 results. There are currently no further matches scheduled but have assigned Gerrard the task of organising friendlies, so look forward to the next challenge.

November

View attachment 197234
View attachment 197233

Unfortunately we are continuing to drop needless points in the League and find ourselves trailing TNS by 9 points. We are really struggling to hit top form in the league, and don't seem to be able to make our dominance count. The league title is still within our grasp but we need to start making up the ground on TNS fast.

We did manage to progress in both cup tournaments, where we find ourselves facing Bangor City in the Final of theWord cup and Connah's Quay in the JD Welsh Cup. Hopefully we can retain theWord Cup.

View attachment 197232
View attachment 197231

We suffered 2 big injuries this month to both David Edwards and Will Abbotts. I consider them to be a couple of our most valuable players so have been a big loss to the team. Edwards will be out for a 2 more months, whilst Abbotts should return in a couple of weeks.

View attachment 197230
View attachment 197229

The board agreed to further increase our Junior Coaching, which is great news. The club is really starting to move in the right direction.

View attachment 197228

We have a massive game away to TNS in December. All the matches are extremely important as we need to regain some ground on TNS, but a loss in that game could create a 12 point gap between us, which would effectively end our Title Defence.

View attachment 197227

December

View attachment 197037
View attachment 197036

Despite an unbeaten month, our hopes of retaining the title appear to have slipped away. TNS have now moved 11 points clear of us and don't look likely to drop many points. We have drawn far to many games this season, mostly from winning positions. Our objective now will be to finish 2nd and avoid the Europa League Playoffs.

View attachment 197035

First choice right winger, Sean Miller is the latest casualty. He has been in good form so far this season so could prove to be a significant loss.

View attachment 197034
View attachment 197033

Aaron Ramsey won the Welsh Footballer of the Year Award, ahead of Bale and Williams. It is not a surprising top 3, as they are pretty much the backbone of the Welsh National side.

Will Abbotts managed to finish runner up in the Welsh Young Player of the Year after turning out some brilliant performances for us in the league. Despite this he has still failed to break into the Welsh Youth sides.

View attachment 197032

We only have 3 matches left in the Welsh Premier League before it splits, which includes a massive match against 2nd place Bangor. A week later we play them again, when we have the chance to retain theWord Cup.

TheWord Cup Final

View attachment 196822

So we went into the final of theWord Cup as favourites, looking to retain the trophy. Although it is a pretty unimportant trophy, i decided to field a full strength team, as we had a week until our next fixture.

The match was played in horrendous conditions, and clear cut chances were few and far between. Matthew Spain gave us the lead but Bangor quickly equalised after some sloppy defensive work. We then went all the way to penalties, where Boaz Myhill went beast mode, saving all 3 of their penalties!

It wasn't the most exciting game in the end but we managed to do enough to retain the trophy. Our title defence might be over but at least we will have some silverware come the end of the season.

View attachment 196786
View attachment 196785
View attachment 196784

January

View attachment 196776
View attachment 196775

January turned out to be a pretty solid month for us as we won theWord Cup and climbed to 2nd in the League. The only negative was being knocked out of the JD Welsh Cup on penalties. I did rest a few key players as I wanted to prioritise the league, although still felt we should have won the match.

View attachment 196774

Picking up 10 points out of 12 was enough to win me the Manager of the Month Award for January. Hopefully i can win a couple more of these before the end of the season!

View attachment 196773

We have 2 massive games to kick off February, as we go up against TNS and then Bangor. We need a couple of big results here to open up some daylight between us and 3rd place.

February

View attachment 195960
View attachment 195958

Not our greatest month, and a loss away to TNS has all but ended any glimmer of hope we had of retaining the Welsh Premier League. They are now 12 points clear with just 5 matches to go in the season. Fortunately we managed to beat Bala in our final match, as we battle out for 2nd place. A 2nd place finish will automatically secure us a place in the Europa League Qualifying, so there is a lot to play for!

View attachment 195955

We will be desperately seeking a victory over TNS, to restore some of pride and make a statement for next season. I know we are capable, its just a question of whether we perform on the day!

View attachment 195954

Steven Gerrard has also arranged us a friendly against Bolivia (WR=98th) to look forward to in March. We are the stronger team and have home advantage, so will be expecting a comfortable victory.

March International Friendly

View attachment 195804

So the friendly against Bolivia didn't turn out to be as easy as anticipated. Although we looked the better team for the majority of the match, we failed to make it count and had to rely on a late winner from LB, Neil Taylor.

I was unable to field my strongest team due to a few injuries and various playing time limitations, but we should have done better. Despite an unconvincing performance, we remain unbeaten and Lloyd Isgrove put in a Man of the Match display on his debut.

View attachment 195803
View attachment 195802

We continue to creep up the World Rankings, which will be important come the draw of the Euro 2020 Qualifiers.

March

View attachment 195793
View attachment 195792

A 91st minute equaliser from TNS denied us a much needed victory over them. We threw away a 2 goal lead in the last 10 minutes, which means the gap over Bala remains at just 2 points. The season is drawing to a close now with just 2 games to go, surely we can do enough to clinch 2nd place.

View attachment 195790

As expected from about game 5 of the season, TNS win the Welsh Premier League. They have been dominant all season and have been very difficult to beat, as we recorded 3 draws and a loss against them this year.

View attachment 195788

Will Abbotts has only been at the club for a couple of seasons and has already become Carmarthen's record goal scorer. I will be hoping he can add a few more to his tally over the next couple of seasons.

View attachment 195791

We have just the 2 matches remaining, which includes a massive match away to Bala, in the battle for 2nd place.

Morgan Signs New Contract

View attachment 195659

I had completely forgotten that my current contract was approaching its end and was fortunate that the board approached me to extend my contract. I am only allowed to negotiate a 1 year contract each time, which is a bit annoying as it doesn't really offer me much security.

View attachment 195658

April + May

View attachment 195451
View attachment 195441
View attachment 195444

We managed to secure 2nd place in the penultimate game of the season as we beat Port Talbot and Bala lost. It relieved some of the pressure going into the final game, but was still frustrating not to end the season with a victory.

TNS won the title by a staggering 14 points in the end! This shows just how much we are going to need to improve next season if we are to regain the Welsh Premier League.

View attachment 195447
View attachment 195437

I finally managed to complete my Continental B coaching license, which should improve my ability on the training pitch. I also managed to persuade the board to fund my studies for my Continental A licence, it will take 12 months but is crucial for my development as a manager.

View attachment 195445

I have been entrusted with a much larger transfer and wage budget for next season and will be hoping we can attract some bigger names after the club officially turns professional. There are number of areas that need improving if we are to knock TNS off of top spot!

End of Season Awards

View attachment 195399
View attachment 195397
View attachment 195396

Will Abbotts had another incredible season, scoring 30 goals in 30 appearances in the Welsh Premier League. He scooped up the leagues player of the year award and top goalscorer award, winning by an impressive 9 goals. Lets hope for more of the same next season.

View attachment 195395

Boaz Myhill and Bradley Wickham joined Will Abbotts in the Team of the Year Award. I expected nothing less from our former international goalkeeper and although his attributes are starting to decline, he is still world class for this division.

View attachment 195398

The season didn't turn out quite as successful as last year, but was still decent. I am not quite sure why it says we were the winners of the Welsh Premier League, as we clearly finished 2nd. A top place finish in the league is our main objective for next season.

Looking very strong for next year my firend keep it up !