The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

Thanks man! Really glad you are enjoying it! :)

Yeah Llandudno have been a solid mid-table side so far in the 2 seasons I have completed. Good to see them qualify for Europa League qualification.

Wow! That sounds like a massive challenge! Must be so hard financially, as there is barely any money in the WPL, so daren't think about the lower tiers! How many seasons have you done so far?

There is no money in the lower leagues, and I mean nothing. I have made a grand total of £0 from the League competitions, and I'm in a little bit of debt. My match day costs are ridiculously high for some reason. My main priority is to get to the WPL as soon as possible, that's when I can really start pushing for the Champions League.

View attachment 200460

As you can see finances are not great, meaning although I'm a Semi Pro club, no one is getting paid.

I'm currently in my 3rd season, winning promotion in two of them seasons. I'm currently top of the Cymru Alliance so hopefully I can gain promotion at the first time of asking. I was going to write a story about the save but I didn't think there would be much interest, I kind of wished I did it now.

Here is a screenshot of my beloved lower league club :wub:

View attachment 200459

Last edited:
Amazing signing mate! I might have missed it but are guys professional yet?

Funny you should say that - We are currently still semi-pro, but there has been an interesting development! All shall be revealed shortly.

There is no money in the lower leagues, and I mean nothing. I have made a grand total of £0 from the League competitions, and I'm in a little bit of debt. My match day costs are ridiculously high for some reason. My main priority is to get to the WPL as soon as possible, that's when I can really start pushing for the Champions League.

View attachment 997902

As you can see finances are not great, meaning although I'm a Semi Pro club, no one is getting paid.

I'm currently in my 3rd season, winning promotion in two of them seasons. I'm currently top of the Cymru Alliance so hopefully I can gain promotion at the first time of asking. I was going to write a story about the save but I didn't think there would be much interest, I kind of wished I did it now.

Here is a screenshot of my beloved lower league club :wub:

View attachment 997903

You are doing an incredibly good job though my friend, considering the massive constraints you are working under! Yeah hopefully you will be pushing for European football in a couple of seasons time and once you qualify, the money starts to roll in.

Shame you didn't write a story - I would have been very interested in following it! Make sure to keep me updated on here with your progress :). Although if you beat me to European group stages i will be very annoyed! haha

Champions League Qualifying Round 2

View attachment 200414
View attachment 200413

Well the European dream has been comprehensively ended by Partizan for another year. They turned out to be far to strong for us and reiterated how far we still had to go before we would be able to make a European group stage!

I actually feel as though we have moved backwards from last season. We lost 3 of our best players and have struggled to find replacements of the same quality, except for the addition of Boaz Myhill of course.

View attachment 200412
View attachment 200411

Reaching the 2nd qualifying round of the Champions League, generated a whopping 392k in prize money. The finances are now looking very healthy and will be hoping the board finally decide to invest it in the club!

View attachment 200410
View attachment 200409
View attachment 200408

The other 3 Welsh sides crashed out of the Europa League qualifying in the 1st round unfortunately, so i imagine the Welsh Premier League is set to fall further in the competitions rankings.

Nice bit of money coming in though so hopefully that can help with some reinforcement's!

View attachment 200394

After our exit from the Champions League Qualification process and subsequent 400k prize money, I decided to go to the board and plea once again for professional status. Much to my delight they agreed!

As long as nothing drastically goes wrong between now and the end of the season, we will be a Pro team for the first time on the 25th June 2018! Hopefully this will attract some better players to the team next season.

Great news on becoming Pro.

Hope this means you can push on and really get stuck into those Welsh impersonators from that foreign land.

Sucks to get out of the championship league so early but at least you got the money

Great news on becoming Pro.

Hope this means you can push on and really get stuck into those Welsh impersonators from that foreign land.

I don't think I will be able to land many more decent players this season, but hopefully next season when we become pro i can really kick on in the transfer market and strengthen the squad!

Sucks to get out of the championship league so early but at least you got the money

Yeah exactly - Getting the board to turn us pro is a massive achievement, so am not to phased about going out of the Champions League qualifiers, hopefully next season we can go a step further though!

Nice job finally convincing the board to go pro, unlucky with Partizan they are a quality team though and both games were close. You also were still semi-pro at the time. Hopefully the money can help get you further next year

Season Preview - 2017/18

View attachment 199854

So after winning the Welsh Premier League last season and pumping some money into the club, the board are setting much higher aims this season. Competing fro the League Title and reaching the JD Welsh Cup Semi Finals, are in line with what i aim to achieve so is not overly ambitious by any means, its just i have lost a bit of a safety net if all goes pear shaped.

So despite our dominance last season, the bookies have predicted us to finish in 4th place. So we will be looking to prove them wrong once again!

View attachment 199853

We lost 3 massive players at the end of the season, as they believed our squad wasn't strong enough to match there ambitions, and then released a few fringe/backup players. I have done my best to strengthen the squad, has been hard to find players with enough quality to really make a difference (except Myhill).

View attachment 199852

2 other new additions to note are:

View attachment 199851

Darren Jones - An experienced CB who at the peak of his career was playing in League 1. He will be on the decline, but still has decent attributes for this level and will be hoping he can fill Alex Evans place at the heart of our defence.

View attachment 199850

Sean Miller - A young athletic right winger who has bags of potential. He looks to be a rather industrious winger, but has a good finish on the end of it.

I still have plenty of wage budget available to me, but am really struggling to find any players that will really improve our starting line up. I am not willing to spend the available money for the sake of it, so am hoping the scouts can unearth some new found talent from somewhere!

Congrats on the Pro Status!! Im sure you will challenge for the league this season with no real issues!

August

View attachment 199565
View attachment 199564

Our title defence didn't get off to the best start, as we were comfortably beaten away to Bala. Fortunately we managed to bounce back against Connah Quay and put in a performance of last seasons quality. The team has been changed up quite a bit since last season so players are still familiarising themselves with my tactics, not the best excuse but i will give them the benefit of the doubt.

We also managed to progress into the 3rd round of theWord Cup, where we face a Newtown side that were relegated last season.

View attachment 199562

September looks set to be a busy month as we are set to play 6 matches. Hopefully we will put that defeat behind us and reestablish our dominance in the league!

View attachment 199561

Rhys Morgan A Wanted Man!

View attachment 199557

After 2 successful seasons with Carmarthen Town, my name has gradually begun to spread out of Wales, as Irish side Longford Town offered me an interview. It would arguably be a step up in my career, as they have a much greater reputation and are playing in a stronger league, however I am fully committed to building Carmarthen Town into a big European side.

View attachment 199558

Really enjoying this mate - missed the pro update yesterday! Congrats!

Carmarthen Sign 2nd Welsh International

View attachment 199192
View attachment 199191

So we have managed to attract a 2nd Welsh International to Carmarthen Town! David Edwards has signed after his Wolves contract expired and decided to join us, despite interest from a few League 1 sides. He has bags of experience having played for Wales on 28 occasions and in the Premier League with Wolves. He is another massive addition to our squad and am now confident, we can push for the Championship again!

View attachment 199190

Unfortunately he picked up a damaged foot in his first game for the club, which was a Reserves game against Airbus. It was supposed to give him an opportunity to boost his fitness having been without a club for a couple of months, but instead has ruled him out for around a month.

September

View attachment 198834
View attachment 198832

After a slightly disappointing start to the season, an unbeaten September has put us back on track. TNS are really looking like the team to beat this season, as we are the only team to take points off them so far this season. Frustratingly, we were 2-0 up against them, but threw away our 2 goal lead and had to settle for the point.

View attachment 198829

We have been given a kind draw in theWord Cup and should really make it to the final where will will have to opportunity to defend our title.

View attachment 198828
View attachment 198826

Will Abbotts has been on fire this month and deservedly picks up the Player of the Month Award after scoring 8 goals in 5 matches! Despite an undefeated month, I had to settle for 3rd place in the Manager of the Month Award.

View attachment 198825

October, looks to be a calmer month with just the 4 games and will be looking to try put some pressure on TNS at the top of the table, or they could easily run away with the title if they carry on the way they started the season!

Morgan For Wales?

View attachment 198780
View attachment 198777

So Wales have sacked Stanley Menzo after a disappointing World Cup Qualifying Campaign and my name has been linked to the job! It sounds as though Miguel Angel Portugal is the front runner for the job, but I am in contention. So why Not apply!

View attachment 198779
View attachment 198778

Fingers crossed i can land the job! The media certainly seem to by hyping me up!