The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

August

View attachment 193992
View attachment 193991

Not the greatest result to kick off the new season, losing 3-1 away to TNS. This is the hardest fixture of the season and despite the result we actually played pretty well. The match was evenly balanced and could have gone either way, but they took there chances and we couldn't. We bounced back with a comfortable 2-0 victory over Haverfordwest and am still feeling confident in our chances of winning the title from TNS this season.

View attachment 193990

We have the theWord Cup 2nd round in September and will be starting a 2nd string team and new signings requiring match fitness, which includes the likes of Steve Morrison. Hopefully we will be much nearer the top of the table come the end of the month.

View attachment 193989

We also have a couple of international fixtures to look forward to as we kick off the European League. It has been a while since our last international match, so am looking forward to getting back into it.

On a separate note it was Brazil that went on to win the 2018 World Cup.

View attachment 193986

European League Internationals

View attachment 193766

A great win over Turkey to start off the European League. This is arguably the easiest match of the group, at home to the lowest ranked side but it still needed a good performance to get the job done. We had control of the match and never looked like conceding, although were helped out by a terrible own goal by Ayhan. Gareth Bale sealed the victory, with a 93rd minute goal on the counter.

View attachment 193765

Our trip to Slovakia ended in a bore draw. It wasn't the most exciting match, but am ahppy with the result against a decent Slovakian side. We looked the better side and had chances to win the game but unfortunately couldn't convert.

This was my first international match that didn't end in a victory, although still remain unbeaten as the Welsh Manager.

View attachment 193758

The 2 results leave us in a commanding position, as we will be confident of beating Slovakia at home and getting a result away to Turkey. Still a bit of a way to go in the group but am happy with our start.

View attachment 193764
View attachment 193759

We have now overtaken Slovakia in the World Rankings and continue to creep our way up the rankings. A decent run in the European League could help us climb further up the rankings!

A very good start so far with Wales keep it up my friend !!

A very good start so far with Wales keep it up my friend !!

Thanks! Things have gone pretty well so far for the National side, although i must admit we haven't played any so called "big" opposition.

September

View attachment 193260
View attachment 193259

We have really managed to get our season moving in the right direction throughout September, going unbeaten across the 6 matches. We have moved back up to similar surroundings in 2nd place and will try to keep the pressure on TNS, as we fight to win back the Welsh Premier League. It is still very early days but am confident about our chances this season.

View attachment 193255

We have been drawn against our rivals TNS in theWord Cup, as we look to win it for the 3rd consecutive year. Although it is a bit of a nothing cup, i am always looking to win silverware wherever i can.

View attachment 193258
View attachment 193257

I managed to come 2nd in Manager of the Month whilst right winger, Sean Miller came 3rd in the Player of the Month Award. Collin Caton is doing a really good job with TNS and I need to knock him off his podium.

View attachment 193256

The bad news this month was the injury ascertained by Will Abbotts, who will be on the sidelines for the best part of 2 months. He has been terrific for us the last couple of seasons and will be looking for Morison and Veale to step up to the plate in his absence.

View attachment 193254

4 Welsh Premier League matches to look forward to in November, as we look push on with our title challenge.

View attachment 193253

We host Argentina for a friendly, in what will be the toughest opposition i have faced in the Welsh dugout, before a massive game against Slovakia in the European League.

I will be waiting to see the encounter against Argentina my friend good luck !

Rhoys Wiggans looked like a beast. Hows he been doing?

I will be waiting to see the encounter against Argentina my friend good luck !

Yeah I am really looking forward to that match, hopefully we can do ourselves proud.

Good job on this man ... nice presentation and easy to read. I'm enjoying it :)

Thanks mate, am glad you are enjoying it! Yeah have tried to keep the presentation simple and concise, so glad its working :D

Rhoys Wiggans looked like a beast. Hows he been doing?

It has taken him a while to get up to full fitness as i signed him just before the start of the season, so am yet to really see the best of him. Hopefully he will can kick on in the next couple of months as he should dominate at this level!

How did you get on in Europe this season mate? Really like the signings you made:)

How did you get on in Europe this season mate? Really like the signings you made:)

Thanks - The squad is looking pretty decent this season.

Got knocked out in the Europa 2nd Qualifying Round by Bronby 6-3 on aggregate. Not an easy draw but we played pretty well.

You're starting to have some history with Brondby now aren't you?

October Internationals

View attachment 192503
View attachment 192504

Hal Robson-Kanu of all people was the man to inspire a historic victory over Argentina, in front of a sellout 40,000 crowd. We played really well against a strong Argentina side, who fielded the likes of Lionel Messi. I brought a number of our key players off midway through the second half, accepting the inevitable defeat, only for super-sub Robson Kanu to mount an unbelievable comeback.

This is definitely the highlight of my managerial career to date!

View attachment 192502

Following on from our victory over Argentina, we hosted a Slovakia in our 3rd match of the European League. It actually felt a tougher match than the away leg and they created a number of chances to take the lead, only for Gareth Bale to save the day once again. We didn't perform that well in all honesty, but getting the win was the most important thing.

View attachment 192501

Turkey beating Slovakia means that we move 4 points clear at the top of the table. A result in Turkey will win us the group.

View attachment 192500
View attachment 192499

We have finally entered the top 30, moving up to 28th in the World Rankings!

Sorry, but I kinda smiled when I saw you lost v Brondby ... Brondby fan irl, so yea; good to see them do alright on the game. Good work otherwise tho, especially beating Argentina.

Sorry, but I kinda smiled when I saw you lost v Brondby ... Brondby fan irl, so yea; good to see them do alright on the game. Good work otherwise tho, especially beating Argentina.

Well I suppose thats alright then :p. Thanks man, beating Argentina is definitely a career highlight!

October

View attachment 192091
View attachment 192090

I accidentally played the first match in November before the update, so includes our victory over Airbus. The only negative of the month was the loss at home to Barry, a match we should really be winning. We did dominate the game but conceded a penalty and failed to break down their defence, despite numerous chances.

I think i am going to have to make the tactic a little more attacking, as we are currently struggling to score many goals. The positive is that we are conceding vey few goals, but i would prefer to adopt a more exciting attacking philosophy.

View attachment 192087
View attachment 192086

Our victory over Airbus was chosen as a fan day, but we failed to entertain the crowd despite the victory. With the players at my disposal we should be scoring more goals and will look to address this problem straight away.

View attachment 192089

3 wins in 4 games earned me 3rd place in manager of the month. A result against Barry would have won me the award.

View attachment 192088

November is looking like a very busy month with 5 games left to play after our victory over Airbus. We have a massive league game against TNS, in which we need a result (preferably the win) as we look takeover top spot. There is also theWord Cup Semi Final and JD Welsh Cup 3rd round to look forward to!

November Internationals

View attachment 191883
View attachment 191881

We managed to beat Turkey in our final European League Division B match, to secure promotion. It was a good performance and the win never really looked in doubt. Although they had the majority of possession, they failed to make it count. It will be interesting to see how we get on when the European League Division A Groups are drawn.

View attachment 191882

Unfortunately i suffered my first defeat as Welsh manager, after over a year in charge. We really failed to get going against Venezuela, who are a team we really should be beating! It was only a friendly but is always frustrating to lose. Hopefully this will be a wake up call against complacency for the future.

View attachment 191879
View attachment 191878

We are now up to 23rd in the World Rankings, tied with Italy. The Euro 2020 qualifiers should be drawn soon, so will be useful to get a good seeding in the draw.

November

View attachment 191550
View attachment 191549

The League title is quickly becoming a 2 horse race between ourselves and TNS. Unfortunately we had to settle for a draw in our Premier League meeting, although managed to get the better of them in theWord Cup Semi-Final. Despite going unbeaten throughout November, we are still 4 points behind TNS with a game in hand. They really don't look like dropping points at the moment, so we are just going to have to try keep pace and beat them in the head to heads.

View attachment 191548

We have been drawn against Bangor City in the final of theWord Cup, as we look to win it for a 3rd consecutive year!

View attachment 191546
View attachment 191547

I have now completed my Continental A license and have started studying for my Continental Pro license. I am starting to become a very qualified manager.

View attachment 191545

Our undefeated November meant i was awarded 2nd place in the Manager of the Month Award, behind TNS as they played an extra match.

View attachment 191544

We have a busy December to look forward to with 6 Premier League matches, and would say that we will need to win at least 5 of them to keep in the title chase.