The Saddest Moments in Football

Hillsborough was awful, I was 10 that day and can remember listening to it all unfold on the radio and just feeling so sad for all those involved. I went to Spurs vs Everton the following saturday and remember that the fencing had already been removed and that both teams brought flowers onto the pitch and presented them to opposition fans at each end. It was a surreal and sad atmosphere. I also remember even as a Tottenham fan I desperately wanted Liverpool to do the double as a fitting tribute to all their fans. Im not sure the atmosphere at grounds has ever been the same for me since that day.

Angel of death-- Look it up on youtube. sick sick sick times
i saw the interview of this guy after the injury he got hit on a nerve and couldn't control himself....he didn't die but he CANNOT move now

i saw the interview of this guy after the injury he got hit on a nerve and couldn't control himself....he didn't die but he CANNOT move now

Link it then. Apparently he continued playing football after the incident and made appearances up until 2008.

Qatar getting the 2022 world cup. Absolute joke Fifa are an embarassment to football

Link it then. Apparently he continued playing football after the incident and made appearances up until 2008.
i watched the video once but i forgot where you wouldn't understand it anyway it was in arabic

I had honestly never saw the marc vivian foe incidint and just watched it

wishe di hadent was horible literally brought a tear to my eye :/

Just watched the Foe incedent, and man, that was a very sad moment. :(

Aside from everything already mentioned, which are all in there own right very very sad moments in football. I have 2. One is very close to me, but the other just made me very sad aswell.

The 1st thing, is Markus Leibherr, former owner of Southampton, dieing. He saved us from dissapearing from football all toghether, and only 1 year later passed away. His smile at the JPT final at Wembley is still with me. It was a truly tradgic day when he passed away, and the whole outside of our stadium was filled with tributes to the man. He is a legend for a club for ever more. :(

My second saddest thing, which I have seen live, so to speak, was the Luis Suarez handball in the World Cup 2010 Quarter Final. To see him to do such a thing, and then for Gyan to miss the spot kick, was heartbreaking. Then seeing Gyan crying afterwards made it all the more sadder. I hope Suarez regrets that for the rest of his life.

Miklos Feher dying.

Wales not qualifying for the 1994 world cup because Romania beat us 2-1 in Cardiff. If there was even an oppertunity for Wales to qualify for a World Cup that was it, Ian rush, Mark Hughes, Neville Southall, Ryan Giggs, Dean Saunders, Jeramy Goss, Barry Horne, Mark Bowen, Mark Aizlewood jesus we had some talent back then!

Last edited:
Deaths,Accidents etc aside , the saddest football moment personally for me must be Ronaldinho scoring against England in 2002. I remember watching it early in the morning at school , I was only around 6/7 but remember crying when it went in , the teacher's had to take me outside , I must of used around 3 boxes of tissues before I had stopped .

I cried at the World Cup Final when I saw Iniesta take his shirt off to reveal his message to Daniel Jarque.

Whilst the threads been mainly deaths and huge tragedies.. being a Chelski fan and all seeing Terry slip and hit the post in the Champions League final was so so hard to watch.

I think the FA cup final, when toure (?) kicked the **** out of JT. He kicked him right in the face ! I was shocked, my m8 (Chelsea fan) got on his knees and he started praying. I didn't know should I laugh or cry.. I lol'd :XD

I think the FA cup final, when toure (?) kicked the **** out of JT. He kicked him right in the face ! I was shocked, my m8 (Chelsea fan) got on his knees and he started praying. I didn't know should I laugh or cry.. I lol'd :XD

I think it was Abou Diaby

I saw the Foe incident live on TV, think it was on Eurosport at the time.

Was pretty sad, but at the same time, didn't have any idea what was going on.

Every time a player breaks their leg is quite saddening. But i have seen it happen too often. Arteta, eduardo, ramsey, larsson, smith, and most recently ben arfa. It is the most unsightly thing that can happen on a football pitch.