The Saddest Moments in Football

That I've withessed - the death of Miklos Feher (Benfica striker) during a game against V. Guimaraes
That I know - Hillsbrough

This is one.Luckily he survived though
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEwirY_BsHQ"]YouTube - Salamanca Player Miguel Garcia Suffers Heart Attack[/ame]

Unfortunately there are too many bad things around football, so sad that a joyous game like this, sometimes goes astray from its true meaning.

The worst thing I've witnessed live was Feher's death, I was only 9 at the time, he got in front of a player to avoid him throwing the ball, he got a yellow card, then he smiled, suddenly he was on the ground...

And to think I was saying that he was fooling around to pass the time :(

Thankfully, the number of heart attacks/cardiac arrests/heart problems in Spain in particluar, where they seem to be common (The Espanyol player, whose name escapes me, Puerta, Ruben de la Red, Garcia as seen above) may start to decrease as the Spanish FA is working with a number of health agencies in Europe to try to work out why they keep happening there in particular.

Anything marked by death is a sad thing, it's impossible to rank one sadder than the other, but thankfully, by remembering those who have lost their lives playing or watching the sport they loved, their memories are kept alive. :)

robert enke commiting suicide was very sad....
non death related - arsenal holding and beating barca in the champs league final with 10 men only to concede two late late goals

As a Arsenal fan, I basically found the saddest moment in football, when lots of Liverpool fans got crushed by the gate. I watched foe death just when someone posted it, and I saw his eyes roles, but I could not watch it because I have actually experienced someone do that in real life in front of my eyes.

Thankfully, the number of heart attacks/cardiac arrests/heart problems in Spain in particluar, where they seem to be common (The Espanyol player, whose name escapes me, Puerta, Ruben de la Red, Garcia as seen above) may start to decrease as the Spanish FA is working with a number of health agencies in Europe to try to work out why they keep happening there in particular.
Daniel Jarque?

Phil Odonnell..... was at that game on my birthday.. was such a scary atmosphere, when he collapsed, the entire ground was silent..(when i say you could have heard a pin drop.. i am being literal/ it was that quiet) . great player and a great guy.... R.I.P Uncle Phil

feher dieing, and eduardo's injury,and dani jarque's death ....i pay tribute to all players that died on the pitch:(

Angel of death-- Look it up on youtube. sick sick sick times

eduardos injury and deaths
and also when a player of my local team got his leg broken on the pitch, the sound of hte bone break was so **** scary everyone just went silence while he was screaming and crying
the guy who tackled him didn't even get a yellow card

Angel of death-- Look it up on youtube. sick sick sick times

I believe he actually didn't die. Think the players name was Abdulrahman Al-shaebi. Still sad of course.

Well, obviously he would have died as it is the Angel of Death. :p I am very lucky I did not see someone die on the pitch.

This one goes a way back. It was some team from Hungary I believe, to play **** Germany, and they were pressed to loose the game. Instead they won against all odds and obviously corrupted referreing. Later the team was dismantled, sent to concentration camp leading to certain death. Only 3 players survived.

This one goes a way back. It was some team from Hungary I believe, to play **** Germany, and they were pressed to loose the game. Instead they won against all odds and obviously corrupted referreing. Later the team was dismantled, sent to concentration camp leading to certain death. Only 3 players survived.

Yeah I've heard of that one. It's mentioned in Jonathan Wilson's book - 'Behind the Curtain' about Eastern European football (a brilliant book by the way). Absolutely terrible.

euro 2008... croatia lost against from turkey on penalties... luck has long gone