The Saddest Moments in Football

Seeing a picture of Sir Bobby a few months before his death. Ravished by cancer and looking a ghost of his former self but still smiling.

What a legend :'(

saddest moments in my lifetime

all the ones above e.g. antonio puerta , marce vivien foe, daniel jarque spanish defender for espanyol died aswell sadly that feher lad from benifica also i think there was another lad from benifica i think a foward not sure what his name was mantorras

but mainly for me being a leeds fan the leeds fans in turkey who got killed never will be forgotten

also getting relegated never a nice feeling let alone losing a game

man, they angle of death video is really sad and scary
i watched it when i was like 10 and had nightmares about it
but also any death even if its not associated with football is sad

pureta's death was quite hard to take as I was watching the game and saw him get back up :(

Thankfully, the number of heart attacks/cardiac arrests/heart problems in Spain in particluar, where they seem to be common (The Espanyol player, whose name escapes me, Puerta, Ruben de la Red, Garcia as seen above) may start to decrease as the Spanish FA is working with a number of health agencies in Europe to try to work out why they keep happening there in particular.

The Espanyol Player is Dani Jarque, who passed away last year, after suffering a heart attack. RIP.

Any player/manager that passes is away is tragic, regardless of age, who they play for. But why is it so lately that we seem to be losing players younger and younger? I think it's the pressure they put on themselves to be top notch, or maybe pressure from elsewhere. But either way, it's tragic.

Aside from deaths and disasters and the like, two personally sad moments for me were seeing that Darren Huckerby had been forced out of Norwich City, and the other being that Dean Ashton had been forced to retire.

the shooting just before the world cup where the togo keeper died

Ibrox disaster.

I saw Henrik Larssons last game for Celtic, even I shedded a tear.

Hillsborough disaster... still cant see it on youtube. its just painfull to see that... no1 deserves what happened there.

I personally got very upset at the death of Sir Bobby Robson so I would say that is the saddest moment for me in recent years football wise.

Both Ibrox diaster's and Hilsborugh diaster the death of Foe and Phill O'Donnell the Munich Air Crash and when the Colombian player was killed also the death of Davie Cooper

Theres a lot of sad moments in football one of the ones I remember when Marc Vivian Foe died of a heart attack in the 2003 confederations cup. He just collapsed on the floor and I was around 14 at the time I had no idea what was going on. The guy was in the prime of his life and was a good footballer such a tragic death.

Last edited: