The San Marino Double

If you can upgrade the youth facilities to world class of the the San Marino club side you may produce some starlets with high potential who will help you with the international side.Its true that the better the youth facilities the more chance you have of unearthing a world class player of the future.

This is actually a great idea Ubersation. Can't wait till you get some top quality regens

If you can upgrade the youth facilities to world class of the the San Marino club side you may produce some starlets with high potential who will help you with the international side.Its true that the better the youth facilities the more chance you have of unearthing a world class player of the future.

Yes, this is the main reason I decided to manage the club with the country, to increase the likelyhood of getting world class regens.

Anyway, i've blitzed through pre-season and here is what has happened:

Club:

Signings:

sanmarinotransfers1.png

Mateo Figoli is the big signing of the season, he is now to be my number 1 striker, and with good pace and finishing I hope I can start to put away the many chances I was missing last season. This signing relegates Ciacci to the bench and de Micco has been sent out on loan to a feeder club of mine.
Gianfilippo, Domenico, Bigioni, Giuso, Uliano and Michelotti have been brought in as youngsters for the future, with Michelotti being a San Marinese youngster who I hope may become part of the national squad in a few years.
Vanucchi and Morton have been signed to come into the first team, Vanucchi has been playing well in the national squad and i've had good experiences with Morton on previous games, so he's the sole non EU player in my squad.
Other inbound players are mainly youthful players to provide cover for the first team.

Pre Season results:

sanmarinopreseasonresul.png

Besides the first match back (which I went on holiday for) I am very pleased with pre season results. Drawing to a Serie B side, and thrashing a team in my league who are also a parent team (need to sort that out soon) were two very good results. I had more friendlies arranged, including one against Bologna, but my run in the cup meant these had to be cancelled. Managing to beat a Serie B side in the cup shows great promise.

Also have a lot of players out injured though: Morton, Della Bona, Carboni, Guita and Eikrem all for 1-2 months which is leaving me very short staffed for the beginning of the season.

Nation:

slovenia3sanmarino1.png

Although an expected loss, yet again I am happy we got a goal even after going down by 2, and we were pushing for an equaliser late on until they scored on the break, I am hopeful after this result that I may be able to get a point at home to Slovenia. One thing to note however is that Andy Selva is not playing well for the national side, and when he was subbed for Ciacci at half time he scored an absoloute wonder goal and played very well- So I am not sure who to pick for the next game, I may give Ciacci a start.

The last 2 games are Czech Republic away and Slovenia at home, I want 1 point from these 2 games if possible.

EDIT:

Just something I thought would be interesting, comparing how I am doing to how it is going in real life.
Here is my table for the WCQ:

wcq.png

Last edited:
good job you seem to be doing quite well :) have you looked at any italians who are also eligible for san marino as somtimes players can have 2 nationalities

Yes, I did have a look but there weren't any good ones, there was a half decent New Zealander who could play for me, but he's a bit too old at 33. That's another question I have, if a player plays for my San Marino club for long enough, will they become eligable for the national team?

hey unluck with San Marino international sqaud, um quick ?

how do get access to San Marino do you need to add

Italy leagues or something like that coz I really want a challenge

For the club you need to add all the Italian leagues, for the nation you need to load all players from San Marino.

For the club you need to add all the Italian leagues, for the nation you need to load all players from San Marino.

thanks for the input I think I'll stick with Scotland :) but if I want san Marino I'll add them

how do you load players from San Marino, sorry about the ?s

When starting the game cancel the wizard, and at the bottom there's an option to load players from certain nations, just scroll down the list and pick San Marino.

it should say load all players from an additanal nation and then u pick san marino its under were u select database

hope it helped

This thread actually inspired me to do something of my own. Although, I took a far more casual approach and some of your might even consider it cheating but whatever

I swapped the Hong Kong league with Andorran teams so the domestic players would have something to do during the year. I then took control of the Andorran football team. Starting it now, looking foward to the results

Aha, Andorra would be a challenge too. I was torn between them, San Marino or the Faroe Islands, but went with San Marino becaause of the club.

Aha, Andorra would be a challenge too. I was torn between them, San Marino or the Faroe Islands, but went with San Marino becaause of the club.

I was going to put F.C. Andorra into the Spanish Second Division, but thought it would be far easier to just create there own league and see if the AI could come up with something

somthing i've just thought of as im a copy cat and doing the same thing and tbh im not doing that well :( lol, but if you some how manage to get to serie B or w/e with club and upgrade the stadium as they play at the same venue as nation id assume the national stadium would upgrade wouldent it ?

Ok, a few updates on the national side. I have now finished my WCQ campagin. The last 2 results were as such:

czechrepublic2sanmarino.png

With the final table looking like this:

wcqtable.png

I will post the ranking graph next time it updates, as since the game against Slovenia it hasn't yet changed. I want to see what games await me now, and arrange some friendlies of teams in and around my rank.

hey your doing alot better then i am :p do you know if theres a way of getting international scout reports as i've got the same assistant manager for club and country and when ever i get scout reports from him he only gives club reports which most times says they are only 2-3 stars but for national team that could be a good player

I've heard people saying you can get your international coaches to scout peoole, but i've never done any scouting as a nation, I just compare them at the club and compare stats and ages and such.