The San Marino Double

I know, it was quite weird. When I played them I though Poland definately looked the sharpest, disappointing for them

Just got the rankings graph updated:

rankingsgraph.png

The big drop came after the 3-1 loss to Slovenia, with the 0-0 draw giving me the slight rise and then a drop off because of the lack of recent competitive games.

I do not have any more national games coming this year, in January the Euro qualifiers begin so I an waiting to see what group I get there.

I've also arranged a few friendlies, here are my upcoming fixtures:

fixturese.png

I will next update on January, when I will give the Euro qualifier group, and a summary of my activity in the January transfer window as well as showing how I have done in the league and other domestic competitions.

I don't know if you already know this but thought I might add a little tip that could help you in the future! Try to buy young foreign players with high potentials that haven't yet been declared for a nation. Because the San Marino club is based outside of Italy, these players will eventually become eligible for your national team, not the Italians'. This works particularly well when you have loaded all players from Brazil as there are lots of potentially great players that won't make their national team but will probably be great for you. Again, sorry if I'm telling you something you already know here.

I had an inkling that this could happen, but I was not 100% so thanks for the confirmation :) I'll try to find some players when I have a bit more cash to play with :)

getting those foreigners to gain nationality will take a while though, and Italian serie C1 and B can only sign one non euro player a year, so it will take a few years to bring in players.

yeah the prob with buying in non natives (not a san marino national) is it takes around 5/6 years for them to gain nationality so its only good if you know a player will be able to play at your club level for that length

Well, in the editor it says San Marino's years till national, is 0. So either its random or you can't do

You're doing well here mate, 160th in the world isn't too bad, stick at it and you'll maybe gatecrash the next big tournament if you're lucky :D

P.S I just got my 300th Post, thought I'd let you lot know because I'm rather proud :) haha

You're doing well here mate, 160th in the world isn't too bad, stick at it and you'll maybe gatecrash the next big tournament if you're lucky :D

P.S I just got my 300th Post, thought I'd let you lot know because I'm rather proud :) haha

On my thread, I am honoured :)

And for most players it says 1825 days to gain nationality, but how exactly does it work? For example I have an Argentinian/Italian who is uncapped, after the 1825 days will he be eligible for the nation?

And here's an update at the end of the January transfer window:

Club:

Table:

sanmarinotable2.png

Very pleased with our position in the league, the main aim is to avoid the relegation play off spots, and if i can challenge for a promotion place via the play offs this would just be a bonus. The highest I have been in the table is 4th, but I'm on a bit of a bad run at the moment, and oddly I was ahead of my parent team in the table at the moment o_O

Results:

sanmarinoresults3.png

As you can see the current form is not too great, but reaching the semi final of the Serie C cup is good, and hopefully we can get to the final.

Transfers:

sanmarinotransfers2.png

All of these are young (under 21) year olds coming to the club with good potential, all were signed on a free transfer with no compensation to be paid. Trompet looks particularly exciting as my scouts reckon he could become decent Serie A.
In addition to this I sold Javery as because of the limits on players over the age of 23, he was not registered for the league and could only play in cup games.

Nation:

Had my European Championship Qualification group drawn, looks pretty tough:

euroqualificationgroup.png

I am targetting both Kazakhstan matches as places to get results, Israel and Macedonia could be potential upsets, and I've already had a draw with Slovenia so something could come from this match. I am quite happy with Switzerland and Wales being drawn as they were probably one two of the weaker teams in their seeding, but at the same time Macedonia were probably one of the strongest in theirs, I could have drawn another very beatable team if I was lucky.

you must be looking at that group and thinking you could win a few games there

Yep definately, I would say that my aim is at least 5 points, but there is potential to get upward of 10, depends.

Also I have a question, I have not played a game since the world rankings were last announced, but I gained 10 points and went up 8 places somehow.. eh?

you look to be doing quite well you still sticking with trying to find players from san marino and playing the along side others ?

Yep, I still have 7 regulars in the first team, although some are getting a bit old, so I think i'll need to invest in some fresh San Marinese youth next season.

On another note, look at this- how silly.

hers.png

btw your argentinian will have to complete the required days, then they put in the paper work and you have to wait like another month it seems like, then they will be eligible for your national team, whether they accept is another matter.

yeah when i was playing the san marino u21 and u19 seems to have the curse of the full stop, insted of putting the opp name it just puts a full stop :s silly glitch