The San Marino Double

Ok, so after having quite a severe night out on monday I spent most of yesterday playing Fm and recovering, here's what I got done, I will post the nation stuff later today, here is what has happened with the club:

Results:

sanmarinoresults4.png

Winning the Serie C cup was very nice :)

Final Table:

sanmarinotable3.png

I was very lucky to make the play offs, with 1 game left I was 1 point out of them and playing the bottom team, whilst Cittadella were playing Padova (4th) away, I won and they drew :) And then there was major calamity in the semi final, I took a 2-1 lead into the second leg and just needed a draw, but I had all my San Marinian players out because of a badly arranged friendly, which meant I had my youth goalie in and only youngsters on the subs bench, so I went defensive and saved the subs to waste time in the last 15 minutes, managed to hold onto a draw.

A few things about the season, first of all Michael Morton was amazing, he came joint top in the most goals scored, had the highest average rating in the league and won the most man of the match awards, very happy with this signing. His long shots did a lot to help me, even though his long shot stat isn't that high he scored so many from just outside the box :D

Now, to prepare for next season I obviously need to make some signings, but I plan on keeping as many San Marinese players in the squad as possible. All i want is to survive, and I want to try and keep expenditure low so as to afford stadium and youth upgrades ASAP.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

And here is what has been happening with the national team:

Results:

andorra1sanmarino2.png

Dominated this game, could have won by quite a bit more, as an aside in this game Ciacci became the leading goalscorer in San Marino's history with a whole 10 goals!

sanmarino2guatemala3.png

Frustrating game, I had the majority of possession, and scored a silly deflected own goal, they also scored a belter of a free kick from about 35 yards out entirely against the run of play. Despite the result, the performance was good and they are ranked about 40 places above me.

Ranking Graph:

After these matches here is how I am rated, 131st in the world with 151 ranking points, oddly I've been getting points even without playing games.

sanmarinoranking3.png

Upcoming Fixtures:

sanmarinofixtures.png

I want at least 3 points from these 5 games, but could get 5 or more if i'm lucky I think.

it looks like all of the players are probably conference class so if u do anything on the international stage keep it up and good luck:p

Nah, some of them are a bit better, 5 or 6 of them did a good job for me in Serie C1. I'll post a few stat pics of my best players in a bit.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Ok, so I've finished 3rd season's pre-season, here's the results, transfers and current squad:

Results:

sanmarinopreseasonresul.png

All good results, and almost beat the Serie A team Bologna which would have been brilliant :)

Transfers:

sanmarinotransfers3.png

As you see i've mostly gone for free transfers, got some very good signings such as Shumulikoski, and mostly players on frees aimed at keeping me in this league. Next season as long as I am not relegated I will keep the squad essentially the same, and probably just ship out some oldies. Of those leaving almost all were 30+ in age, I made sure my San Marinese players would go somewhere they would be played regularly (as they no longer were for me).

Squad:

sanmarinosquad3.png

That's the team for this 3rd season, I'm predicted to finish stone dead bottom, but my aim is lower mid table.

Here are some of my best young players who I hope will be the future of the national squad :)

He is probably my best prospect in the national team, he is already going to be a first choice for the national squad, and has good scope to improve I hope.

This guy took over from the 33+ year old Cecolli who went downhill in his age, he is also the first choice for the club in Serie B, where he can just about cut it.

emanueletoccaceli.png

Another very good prospect, he is on the bench or even first team sometimes for the club, and I am hoping he will overtake the aging Baccoccheli

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Had two international matches, and you wouldn't believe the results :)

switzerland1sanmarino2.png

Easily my best result with San Marino, Switzerland are ranked 15th in the world, and to be fair they dominated the game, but I got lucky and held out for a win :D

macedonia0sanmarino0.png

Macedonia probably had the best of the game, but there were not too many clear cut chances, but I missed a penalty aswell so that probably evens out the game to make this a fair result. Also my San Marino club player, Shumulikoski played well for his nation.

I'll update with the ranking graph and my international ranking next time it is updated.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

And here is that ranking after these 2 games:

sanmarinoranking4.png

I have to say you have done a brilliant job for both club and country. No way could I do that without cheating, simply amazing:):)

The club side of it isn't very hard, you just sign good players on free transfers and it's pretty easy to get promotions/consolidate. But the national side is hard. I haven't really had too many good results besides this win of Switzerland, but it was a total fluke and I think that unless I keep winning i'm going to steadily fall down the rankings. My aim is to consolidate my position in the top 100.

well done mate, what skin do you use, it looks top notch

I think its called Turntable or something, I found it on this site.

One more international game this year, i'll update after that game.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:43 PM ----------

Ok finished all my internationals for this years, here are the latest results aswell as my position in my qualification group.

sanmarino2slovenia4.png

Fair result, but I was annoyed about all those injuries >.<

sanmarino2portufal4.png

This result probably flattered me to an extent, I faced almost continuous pressure and was quite suprised I managed to make any sort of indent in their defence.

sanmarino2kazakhstan0.png

This is the first non friendly international game I can say i've truly dominated, I was the attacking force all game and they barely got a sight of my goal, could and maybe should have scored more.

And here is the group

sanmarinoeurogroup.png

Very happy with the the group at the moment, 7 points is more than I was expecting. My target was to get more 10, and I reckon I should beat Kazakhstan when I next play them, and I have a chance at getting points from Macedonia, Wales and Israel.

Will update again at the end of January.

Well Done. How long will you keep playing this? Are you just hoping in 10-15 seasons you will get good regens?

Yeah, the aim is to get the Club to Serie A and get the funds to upgrade the youth and training facilities as much as I can to increase the quality of the regens, whilst at the same time snapping up all the best regens that other clubs get to give them good and proper training.

Lovely.

Really enjoy reading this thread. :)

Keep at it mate, best of luck.

Glad you're enjoying it :)

Update at the end of January 3rd season:

Club:

Results:

sanmarinofixtures1.png

The 2nd match of the league is easily the most entertaining i've played this game, the game ping-ponged from 1-0, 1-1, 2-1 etc until i got a late winner :) However following this game I went on a 4 game losing streak at which point I was rather worried and was just a few places above relegation spots. However results thankfully picked up including a 1-0 away win against recently relegated Lecce who came 3rd in Serie A just 2 seasons ago!

Table:

sanmarinotable4.png

Very pleased with the position, 15 points off the relegation spots which makes me relatively confident i'll survive, not much chance of a play off spot but this is more than I could ask anyway, if I remain anywhere near the position i'm in now, i'll be chuffed.

Nation:

Only one result to report on:

sanmarino1iraq1.png

The first half was very much mine and I could have had a few more goals, but the second half was as much theirs as the first was mine, and they probably edged the game overall, so a fair result.

EDIT: I forgot to save after this game, so I holidayed it when reloading and won 4-0 and i've decided to keep this result.

I'll probably update again near or at the end of the season.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:32 PM ----------

Played 2 more international matches and am nearing the end of the season with the club, i'll update with them after the last match

Here's the international games:

wales2sanmarino1.png

Probably a flattering scoreline for me as they did dominate.

sanmarino1macedonia3.png

Bit dissapointed with this, I had a fair amount of possession and should have created more opportunities than we did. They were good, but most of their play did come through Pandev, I think on another day I could have got a draw here.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:39 PM ----------

Ok finished the 3rd season and began the 4th, here's the details of what's been happening with the club:

Table:

sanmarinotable5.png

Pleased that I was comfortably away from the relegation places, but I had a very poor end to the season with about 7 losses in 10 games- and prior to this I was contemplating a push on the play off spots.

Results so far in 4th season:

sanmarinoresults5.png

Good results so far, I am currently 9th in the league having played 1 game less than most teams and 2 games left that a few others.

Transfers:

Made minimal changes to the squad this season, needed to strengthen the back, so both Piccolo and Supusepa can play in the centre and on the right and left respectively. Also needed to strengthen both wings as I had older players in these areas, and the signing of Todorov looks a good 'un as he's probably one of the best players at the club.
On the way out were all of the 1 star potential regens and the 33+ year old San Marinian players who I am going to start retiring from the international squad.

Squad:

sanmarinosquad4.png

I shall update with what has been going on with the nation in a few hours.

Last edited:
nice with the free of todorov most people say hes a decent player in the game not a world class player but can play in mid table english prem sides

yeye sikk well done i never have the patience wiv **** national sides but youre awesome.

Nice mate, really enjoying reading through this thread when you update.

Thanks everyone :) And yes Todorov is a very good player for a team of my standing.

And here is what has been happening with the national side:

Results:
(Put them all in one picture because there were quite a lot of them)

sanmarinoresults6.png

Overall happy with the results, the draw to Israel was a good 'un, and I was pleased that I beat Kazakhstan too. Also the result against Portugal was very good, to keep the score so tight against such a quality side is amazing for our team. The only game I can say i'm disappointed with is the final game, Israel away. As you can see they scored in the 90th minute, and this was against the run of play too- if anything we were pushing for the win more than they were.

Table:

sanmarinoecq.png

I was aiming for 10 points, and got 11 which is obviously a bit more than I hoped for, but overall i'd say i'm a little disappointed, I could have got a few more points off Macedonia and Israel and come in 6th rather than 7th. However, compared to the World Cup Qualifiers where we came bottom with 3 points, this shows some definate advancement.

I've really enjoyed reading this thread. U've definitely improved.

Keep up the good work:D