few tips ive found that may help:

1. French academy club - clairefontaine (BEST FOR GETTING YOUTH PLAYERS
2. dont sign youth from your academy. for at least the first 3-4 seasons not worth it. save all the money you can get.
3. LITTLE HELP i used from another game i was doing (MY OWN CHEAT I FOUND)

BRENTFORD 2nd Season
Having got in the championship I kept a lot of my first season players. I manage to get Kadlec for 2m.
but after a great 6months lots of teams become interested (P23 G25) and I had an offer accepted by the board but I knew I had to keep him.
so I offered him to other clubs and got an offer from Newcastle for 8.75m
Knowing I wanted to keep him I made sure that Newcastle got him first
January 1st 2012
Kadlec set to sign to Newcastle (accept or decline)
decline
After doing that no more offers came in and manage to get prem with kadlec getting (P50 G61)
now valued at 13m

great job Kandersson really enjoy following your story
big respect!

How do you load all the san marino players so that you can be the san marino manager because I can't work it out

Giving this challenge a go,

Doing well with the club team - I am using an update from this forum with all transfers, pro/rel etc so I'm starting off in C1A. Sitting comfortably on top 7 wins, 1 draw 0 losses and doing well in the cup so far. Key signings of Cristian Zanetti, Tiago Tremonti and Deyvid Sacconi.

With the national team I'm not doing so bad, tinkering with tactics atm. Results so far:

0-4 New Zealand - tried my normal tactic. Never again, we we're woeful and should have been 10+
1-6 Holland - went for damage limitation and was delighted to score a goal on the counter
2-4 Sweden - very happy with this result, 2 goals against good opposition
1-1 Moldova - was so close to an upset, scored on 83, then condeded in 90+1 :(

Found 2 reasonable tactics, one for damage limitation against the big teams, and one more offensive against teams we have a small chance against.

Giving this challenge a go,

Doing well with the club team - I am using an update from this forum with all transfers, pro/rel etc so I'm starting off in C1A. Sitting comfortably on top 7 wins, 1 draw 0 losses and doing well in the cup so far. Key signings of Cristian Zanetti, Tiago Tremonti and Deyvid Sacconi.

With the national team I'm not doing so bad, tinkering with tactics atm. Results so far:

0-4 New Zealand - tried my normal tactic. Never again, we we're woeful and should have been 10+
1-6 Holland - went for damage limitation and was delighted to score a goal on the counter
2-4 Sweden - very happy with this result, 2 goals against good opposition
1-1 Moldova - was so close to an upset, scored on 83, then condeded in 90+1 :(

Found 2 reasonable tactics, one for damage limitation against the big teams, and one more offensive against teams we have a small chance against.

sounds like a great start. And some inspired signings there, C.Zanetti is old but still serie A caliber and Deyvid Sacconi was touted as a wonderkid a few years ago, hopefully I can sign them for my FM13 career...

Update - Now into January, Sacconi & Tremonti (team top scorers) both with broken legs for 6-7 months!!! Not good, had to deal with reserve players in attacking positions before january, and lost a few games, currently sitting in 4th 2 points behind the leaders. Looking for replacements for the injured stars.

International team - won 3-0 in a friendly vs Cambodia with friendlies vs Fiji and St Kitts & Nevis soon to follow.

Managed to get San Marino into Serie A, winning serie B with 87 points, 6 points ahead of 2nd place. Key players - Dacian Varga on a free, Kostadinov in for 180k, 11 in 15, sold for 350k (chairman accepted), Wagner my CB got 22 league goals and the Sammarinese Umberto Mastropietro getting serie B players of the year after 9 goals and 25 assists (mostly corner assists).

Managed to assemble a squad for Serie A that I think could get around mid-table and look to build from there. Got in a lot of good young regens, as they are cheap and I can afford their wages, along with a few experienced players such as Manuele Blasi, Claudio Pitbull and Xandao.

For the national team it's been mixed results:

2012, 0-0 Fiji, 2-1 St Kitts & Nevis, 0-0 Moldova (WCQ), 1-4 Ukraine (WCQ), 1-9 England (WCQ), 2-0 Bangladesh

2013, 1-3 Dominican Rep, 1-6 Poland (WCQ), 1-0 Moldova (WCQ), 2-1 Uzbekistan, 0-1 Maldives

Currently in August 2013. I've got 3 players that have come through the ranks that are now the 'star' players for the national team DL, MC and AMR, and 3 or 4 others that could become reasonable and for now are adding depth to the squad.

One thing I have found is that my new youth crop come in at the ages of 17-20, some that are nearly 21! I think it could be due to the fact I downloaded the San Marino League. They seem to come in slightly more developed than they would if they were 16, but I know with 2-3 years extra development / tutoring / loaning etc they would be better. Although, after reading your story about the defectors, hopefully it means the ones that do reject me will accept earlier down the line of my career as they will turn 22 / 24 quicker.

This is a great guide kandersson, well done mate