but seems that EVERY useless youngster with dual nationality rejects SM now. I have a decent one created in 2012/2013 who never had a chance - and never will - for Italy even at youth level, and is still rejecting as of 2017... those delusional SM kids :)

I noticed that problem while managing the u21's, realistically if at 20 you are on the fringes of a team in the Sammarinese Campiato (SP?) are you ever gonna get the chance to play for Italy....stupid kids!

yeah it's realistic that the best ones would want to wait their chance with Italy, but seems that EVERY useless youngster with dual nationality rejects SM now. I have a decent one created in 2012/2013 who never had a chance - and never will - for Italy even at youth level, and is still rejecting as of 2017... those delusional SM kids :)

btw sammyt you still playing SM challenge?

I would be but i've changed my computer and put the save on a memory stick, only to lose the memory stick, so when i find that i'll carry on.

How can u manage San Marino and national team from start?

How can u manage San Marino and national team from start?

ok this has been asked quite a few times now, should have probably added in OP...

best way to get both jobs from day one: start as national team manager; add a new manager at the club; retire the manager at the club; apply for now vacant club job and they should approach you soon. This always worked for me.

I can't take over the National Team. I have taken San Marino Calcio to Serie B and my reputation is up to continental, but when I throw my hat in the ring for the job (after adding and retiring a manager to open it up) they laugh of my interest as if I'm applying for the Italy job! I started with professional experience, has anyone else had this problem, and how did you solve it? Cheers

Did you ever find a way round this? Im having the same problem

Kandersson this is a great stuff! I hope to achieve this all as well when I start on my story soon, but on the tactic front, what tactics did you use? Or if possible could you upload them? Thanks

Really great challenge, just got promoted via the playoffs at the end of my first season. Dont seem to have signed many of the same players you guys have - none of them would come! My only tip would be dont just look and guys out of contract look at amateur players 2! I got a couple of very good Luxembourg internationals who have both done very well. Only serious problem for me has been a out and out goalscorer! My highest goalscorer was Tarallo who was there all read and he only scored about 14 goals. I reckon to be a serious club in any league you need a 20-25 goals a season man and a number of other players making a good contribution as well.
Star of my season Marco Ingrao, 29 Belgium left winger, not that quick but 10 goals 10 assists and 4 MoM awards isnt bad.
Like everyone else am absolutely haemoraging cash!

Heres by best 11:

Sciarrone - free transfer
Sorbera - at the club already
Failla - at the club already
Ingrosso - free transfer
Lomardelli -free/amateur from a Luxembourg club
Longo - free, (injured alot and old but class on his day)
Braiati- free- rock in midfield
Ingrao - free transfer (best player of the season/0
Tarallo -at the club already
Besni free/amateur from a Luxembourg club (would have easily been highest goal scorer if hadnt been injured for 2 months)

Other worthwhile/ok signings:
D - Parnela, free Finish amateur
M - Provenzano - free French amateur
M - Chiazza - £10k, great French dm
M - k Bozi - free amateur
W- Bracaletti - free from club in division below cos broke!
W - Miljevin - Loan
Am/f - Scali
Am/f - Capellino

I also brought a couple of talented youngsters, sadly none Sammaralise.

One error i made is signing a Sammaralise assistant manager, i think i must have read his stats wrong but looked at him again at the end of the season and hes shocking!

Could have done with selling a few more players early on, wage budget spiralled and squad is massive. Will get rid of all of my reserve squad, rubbish youths and any other un-needed players before the start of next season.

Thanks for reading,
p.s any gems for the second season would be much appreciated!

Heres by best 11:

Sciarrone - free transfer
Sorbera - at the club already
Failla - at the club already
Ingrosso - free transfer
Lomardelli -free/amateur from a Luxembourg club
Longo - free, (injured alot and old but class on his day)
Braiati- free- rock in midfield
Ingrao - free transfer (best player of the season/0
Tarallo -at the club already
Besni free/amateur from a Luxembourg club (would have easily been highest goal scorer if hadnt been injured for 2 months)

Other worthwhile/ok signings:
D - Parnela, free Finish amateur
M - Provenzano - free French amateur
M - Chiazza - £10k, great French dm
M - k Bozi - free amateur
W- Bracaletti - free from club in division below cos broke!
W - Miljevin - Loan
Am/f - Scali
Am/f - Capellino

I also brought a couple of talented youngsters, sadly none Sammaralise.

One error i made is signing a Sammaralise assistant manager, i think i must have read his stats wrong but looked at him again at the end of the season and hes shocking!

Could have done with selling a few more players early on, wage budget spiralled and squad is massive. Will get rid of all of my reserve squad, rubbish youths and any other un-needed players before the start of next season.

Thanks for reading,
p.s any gems for the second season would be much appreciated!

can't remember much from second season, I'd certainly recommend legendary striker Alessandro Cesarini!

I'm in Serie B, but I only have one sponsor, which is a kit sponsordhip. How do we get more sponsors?

I'm on 4th position with 29 games played, but I still haven't had any success with the sponsors. I still have only 1 sponsor :/

new sponsorhips are announced at the start of every season iirc so maybe next year you'll have better luck.

There was a bug with tv contracts for SM until last patch came out, not sure if it involved sponsorships as well. You're playing on latest patch?

new sponsorhips are announced at the start of every season iirc so maybe next year you'll have better luck.

There was a bug with tv contracts for SM until last patch came out, not sure if it involved sponsorships as well. You're playing on latest patch?

I'm playing the 12.0.2 version, which I think is the 1st version.

I'm playing the 12.0.2 version, which I think is the 1st version.

In OP of the SM challenge thread there's a link to help eliminate the bug via FMRTE (rules & instructions: TV contract bug), as most of the people doing the challenge had reached serie A well before the patch corrected the bug.

Anyway latest patch was confirmed to solve the problem so easiest thing to do is update via steam.