Sorry for the daft question but do I go on about becoming both club and NT manager? Do I have to add a new manager so I have two profiles loaded or can I have the same profile for both jobs?

Make a new manager, takeover San Marino NT, retire the manager, apply for job as original manager.

Do you have to be both the NT coah and San Marino Coach or can you become the NT Coach after you upgrade your facilities and whatnot?

HELP!

I can't take over the National Team. I have taken San Marino Calcio to Serie B and my reputation is up to continental, but when I throw my hat in the ring for the job (after adding and retiring a manager to open it up) they laugh of my interest as if I'm applying for the Italy job! I started with professional experience, has anyone else had this problem, and how did you solve it? Cheers

I've just tried adding a new unemployed manager as a test, with the highest level of experience. Got linked with the newly vacated Milan job, but San Marino laughed off my interest?!
sorry for double post

Took me a season to get the San Marino job, here's how. Create a new manager, take the San Marino u21s job. Retire that manager and apply with your main manager. Then once you get that job do the same for the main national team job. This seems to make them more disposed to giving you the main job.

I will say though that i wish i'd waited until my youth prospects had come through a little more before trying for the job, it's depressing getting destroyed for the first couple of years.

Btw, considering all everyone posts is "how do i manage both!?!?" it's easier to start as the national manager, hire a new manager as club boss then retire, then apply for the job.. Not sure why but it's easier to be offered to manage the club than it is the national team.

Btw, considering all everyone posts is "how do i manage both!?!?" it's easier to start as the national manager, hire a new manager as club boss then retire, then apply for the job.. Not sure why but it's easier to be offered to manage the club than it is the national team.

you're definitely right and actually that's what I always do myself, should have written this in OP a few months ago :p

I failed at signing De Ascentis - I offered him twice the other club which bought him and he didn't want to come... On the other hand, having Gulraiz, Soukouna and Counago in a 3-4-3 tactic seems to have payed of(Gulraiz and Soukouna poachers, Counago as Complete Forward)...
My squad looks like:
GK - Stefano Pardini(best one I could get on free)
SW - Marco Peccorari(this guy can play in Serie B, though he is injured for a month now, got him for 40k euros)
LB - Luca Lacrimini(seriously, he has great alround fullback stats, got for 2k euros)
RB - Dario Campagna(got him for 15k euros, also great FB for C2/C1)
DMC - Maurizio Anastazi(free)
ML - Fabio Di Venanzio(free)
MC - Davide Drascek(free)
MR - Sodinha(free)
STCL - Mohammed Gulraiz(free)
STC - Pablo Counago(free)
STCR - Ahmed Soukouna(free)
S1 - Andrea Russo(at club already)
S2 - Alessandro Fogacci(at club already)
S3 - Matteo Pivatto(free)
S4 - David D'Antoni(free)
S5 - Davide Poletti(at club already)
S6 - Gianluca Lapadula(on loan already at club)
S7 - Alessandro D'Antoni(at club already)

So what do you think of my squad? Any reccomandations to strengthen here and there my squad?

I failed at signing De Ascentis - I offered him twice the other club which bought him and he didn't want to come... On the other hand, having Gulraiz, Soukouna and Counago in a 3-4-3 tactic seems to have payed of(Gulraiz and Soukouna poachers, Counago as Complete Forward)...
My squad looks like:
GK - Stefano Pardini(best one I could get on free)
SW - Marco Peccorari(this guy can play in Serie B, though he is injured for a month now, got him for 40k euros)
LB - Luca Lacrimini(seriously, he has great alround fullback stats, got for 2k euros)
RB - Dario Campagna(got him for 15k euros, also great FB for C2/C1)
DMC - Maurizio Anastazi(free)
ML - Fabio Di Venanzio(free)
MC - Davide Drascek(free)
MR - Sodinha(free)
STCL - Mohammed Gulraiz(free)
STC - Pablo Counago(free)
STCR - Ahmed Soukouna(free)
S1 - Andrea Russo(at club already)
S2 - Alessandro Fogacci(at club already)
S3 - Matteo Pivatto(free)
S4 - David D'Antoni(free)
S5 - Davide Poletti(at club already)
S6 - Gianluca Lapadula(on loan already at club)
S7 - Alessandro D'Antoni(at club already)

So what do you think of my squad? Any reccomandations to strengthen here and there my squad?

that's a very offensive formation for sure! Soukouna-Gulraiz will be devastating at that level, actually they'd be stars even at serie B level.

might add a couple defender/midfielders like CB Pivotto, RB Dosek, DM/MC Baronio/Mingazzini.

that's a very offensive formation for sure! Soukouna-Gulraiz will be devastating at that level, actually they'd be stars even at serie B level.

might add a couple defender/midfielders like CB Pivotto, RB Dosek, DM/MC Baronio/Mingazzini.

I know yeah and because the team isn't gelled in yet I'll have various results for the first 1-2 months... I have Pivotto(sorry, I accidentaly put Pivatto), I'll get dosek, baronio went already to Lugano and Mingazzini seems OK...

Thanks

I've just got the u21's job. Think I'll keep it until the end of this qualifying campaign then try to get the main job. And I'd definitely recommend starting with the NT team job for anyone about to start, it was never a problem on old games, but this has been a pain in the ***

Thanks by the way

Last edited:
I got Dosek, I'll get Martin Alaga for left-back in winter, 2 better goalkeepers... Also gonna get Alexandre Bryssinck, he is a right back but can cover left back, DC and SW positions... lol seems I'm gonna build a great squad which will easily achieve promotion to Serie B...

kandersson, any reccomandations for MR, I have Sodinha and my current RB which can perform OK in that position, but I'm looking for someone better...

Great guide =) Conti is currently scoring 2/3 every match. Also got 2 great youth players, both san-marinese, sadly enough one of them also has an Italian nationality

Has anyone experienced any problems with the Italian Cup? I'm in the final during my first season in Serie B, all the Serie A teams I have played have fielded B teams. Even Palermo in the semi final....I should be proud of the achievement, but beating a bunch of reserves cheapens it

Has anyone experienced any problems with the Italian Cup? I'm in the final during my first season in Serie B, all the Serie A teams I have played have fielded B teams. Even Palermo in the semi final....I should be proud of the achievement, but beating a bunch of reserves cheapens it

It happend to me in my Perugia save too. However beating Inter's and Juve's reserve is a big task :)

well that is actually what most italian clubs tend to do IRL, especially the bigger ones. They often do the same in Europa League, so you see many italian clubs being eliminated in the early rounds - Palermo lost to some Swiss club this summer in EL - and this is basically how Italy lost their CL spot to Germany... how smart from them ;)

well that is actually what most italian clubs tend to do IRL, especially the bigger ones. They often do the same in Europa League, so you see many italian clubs being eliminated in the early rounds - Palermo lost to some Swiss club this summer in EL - and this is basically how Italy lost their CL spot to Germany... how smart from them ;)

That's ok then, and I won't complain :) Beat Fiorentina's Reserves in the super cup too....makes you wonder why more teams don't try and take it seriously IRL, it's done wonders for my income, finally managed to convince the board to upgrade facilities!

On another note managing the National Team is proving to be more frustrating than in previous games. I'm not sure losing to the likes of Cambodia and St. Lucia is realistic as they never actually play those teams IRL, but it does make raising your ranking more of a challenge, which I feel is a good thing as the club team has been fairly easy to manage

That's ok then, and I won't complain :) Beat Fiorentina's Reserves in the super cup too....makes you wonder why more teams don't try and take it seriously IRL, it's done wonders for my income, finally managed to convince the board to upgrade facilities!

On another note managing the National Team is proving to be more frustrating than in previous games. I'm not sure losing to the likes of Cambodia and St. Lucia is realistic as they never actually play those teams IRL, but it does make raising your ranking more of a challenge, which I feel is a good thing as the club team has been fairly easy to manage

yeah the weird thing is that IRL even Serie B clubs tend to play their back up players in the Italian Cup oO), and fans generally don't care much about this competition at least until semifinals. This year serie A strugglers Siena are very close to the final (ahead after semis first leg against Napoli), which would mean european football for them next season!

as for managing SM national team I think it's a nightmare for the first 2-3 seasons, more or less like FM11 and FM10. But it is much easier to get decent/good/great sammarinese regens as you improve your club's facilities and reputation so after 4-5 years you have quite a few promising players that will make the NT a lot better... if they don't have dual nationality and choose to play for Italy :mad:

In 2017 we are floating around 80-90 in Fifa rankings, not too bad after only 5 years. Things could be much better if I could use all the best SM players, I have at least 6 good youngsters rejecting San Marino including two excellent prospects currently playing for Italy U19...

i suppose that makes it more realistic if they are initially rejecting a call up, i just hope it's not hard coded so that when you're doing well enough with the national team to make you better then italy that they still refuse you.

i suppose that makes it more realistic if they are initially rejecting a call up, i just hope it's not hard coded so that when you're doing well enough with the national team to make you better then italy that they still refuse you.

yeah it's realistic that the best ones would want to wait their chance with Italy, but seems that EVERY useless youngster with dual nationality rejects SM now. I have a decent one created in 2012/2013 who never had a chance - and never will - for Italy even at youth level, and is still rejecting as of 2017... those delusional SM kids :)

btw sammyt you still playing SM challenge?