The Sandancers, First their was Phil Brown then Joe McElderry and now Danny Simpson!!

Shields get the Holders!!!

South Shields players, fans and staff will be licking their lips this evening as they have been drawn against the current FA Cup holders Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane. The tie will give the part-timers the chance to rub shoulders and play against the likes of Fabian Delph, Jermaine Defoe and Lorik Cana to name but a few.

View attachment 28357

I used to be addicted to poker, luckily in didn't involve real cash. just Facebook poker ;)

I heard a lot of student loans go on gambling Danny, its a risky way to pay them off ;)

Lol I am not addicted just once a week really doing well so far, last week put a tenner in and won tourney so got 500 quid :p

Thats a great draw for you mate, should boost the finances somewhat.

Not Man united but good enough! ;)

Nice draw Danny. I can see an upset coming. :D

Halfway Point Reached with Sheilds Sitting Pretty

As we reach the halfway point in the season South Shields are able to look back at the past three months with pride. Putting aside the amazing cup run which has allowed them to reach the 3rd round of the FACup for the first time in their history, their league form as been consistent and most importantly impressive. Obviously their has been slip ups but their have been some amazing performances, no more so than going to league leaders Kings Lynn and beating the 2-1 on their own patch.

Hopefully the second half of the season will go as well as the first. We have once again been strong at home and this coupled with a decent away record has kept us in with a shout of a play-off spot. This league is extremley competitive which can be shown by the fact that from 2nd place down to 9th only 5 points seperate them.

Results

View attachment 28488

Table

View attachment 28489

Would love to see the Spurs score Danny ! Doing really well in the Blue Square North.

I am back on the site :) have not played this game for ages got another save but I am right back on it will update asap.

Also Nick, Kris showed me your message was a big reason why I came back Nick and Kris:):)

Thought you should know that you were missed ^^)

I am back on the site :) have not played this game for ages got another save but I am right back on it will update asap.

Also Nick, Kris showed me your message was a big reason why I came back Nick and Kris:):)

wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :) :) :)

It's back!!!!

Im glad to be back boys.

Will update tonight after night in with the missus, is alot to show and tell the Spurs game and the question of where will we playing next season Blue Square North or that step closer to the league in the Blue Square Premier

First update for a while so will have to bare with me here....

End of Season Review

Historic season for the Mariners ends on a sour note
As South Shields' first ever season in Blue Square North came to an end last week we reflect on the ups and downs of a whirlwind season and his hopes for the future,

Shields' came into the Blue Square North with the media predicting that they were there simply to make up the numbers but from start to finish the players and more, importantly the manager, made sure that this was not the case. An eight game unbeaten run to start the season and an amazing cup run that got the whole of the nation behind this gang of part-timers and former pros was enough to mark this season as historic one in the clubs history.

The club managed to challeneg at the right of the league throughout the campaign, as well as managing to draw the FA Cup holders Tottenham Hotspurs for a memeorable day out at a Premier League club....

View attachment 65345

It wasn't maybe the result that the players wanted but it was still a great acheivment by the entire team. This cup run also helped out the club financly as after the Tottenham game the clubs coffers exceeded £500,000, pocket money for the likes of Man City and Chelsea but pure gold for a BSN team.

With the cup out of the players minds the league became their main focus with 17 games left and games in hand over their rivals Shields were the form team winning 13 of their last 17, only losing 2. Players were steepping upto the mark and nobody less than aging captain James Hayter and his partner in crime in midfield Andrew Corderoy. The goals of both players helped to propel Shields to second place and they began trying to chase down long time leaders Kings Lynn.

As the season drew to a close it became clear the Kings Lynn would not be caught and they secured the Title with 6 games to go as they went on a record breaking run. With this the Shields players heads were once again turned by a cup competition this time on a slightly lesser scale. The Durham Challeneg Cup offered the club a chance to grab a trophy. Hartlepool Reserves stood in the way at the final hurdle, with a team that boasted one time Manchester City left back Michael Ball.....

View attachment 65346

With one cup in the bag the players focus moved to the final four games of the season with a win in the just one of these game guranteeing a play-off place, needless to say Shields won all four games. The lottery of the play-offs now ensued.

The Mariners were drawn against Corby, a team they had not lost too in the two meetings this season, but a team that had finished in the top 5 of the BSN for the past three seasons. The two gams had 7 goals, 2 penalties and one red card.....

View attachment 65348

View attachment 65347

Manager Danny Simpson would describe the second half at Corby and the first half at Filtrona Park as the worst 90 minutes of his teams seasons. As you can see two penalties coupled with a red card in the first leg gave momentum to Corby who duly delivered at Filtrona Park romping to a 3-0 win, only the third defeat at home for the Mariners.

Naturally it was hard for the players to reflect on a such a topsy turvey season the highs of a fantastic cup run and cup win, coupled with the despairing lows of losing in the playoffs, despite finishing runners up in the league. What made it worse, if it could be that is, that for the past 3 seasons the Mariners final total of 78 points would have been enough to win the league outright.

View attachment 65349

So a somewhat disappointing season in the end but it offers hope. It was recently announced that the club made a staggering profit due to the cup run. This in turn has offered manager Danny Simpson, for the first time in his reign at the club has been given a transfer budget of £70,000, as well as the media predicting a top 2 finish.

So here is to cheering on the Mariners Come on Boys the Football League is calling.

Thanks for reading my blog.

Rob Bulley,
Offical Supporters Club Spokeman

View attachment 65350

Really enjoyed this story before, hope it can thrive again, good luck!!

Ah unlucky not getting promotion mate, good to see this back though and you back on the site aswell. :)