Great stuff so far! Would it not be better to swap Denayer and Rojo given their preferred foot?

Suppose the first month of the season wasn't too bad for Mané all things considered :p

Loving this story, can't wait for the updates everytime.

Awesome story man, looking forward to the next update

3 injuries to your midfield is horrible! Hopefully you have enough depth to move people around and cover the gap!

Love the new skin btw, your own making?

great story mate fantastic updates.

Great stuff so far! Would it not be better to swap Denayer and Rojo given their preferred foot?

Suppose the first month of the season wasn't too bad for Mané all things considered :p

Absolutely blown away by all your support! I will try and get another load of updates out tonight :)

FM 2017 FLUT skin white - 2.0 | Football Manager Scout thats the skin that I am using :) I love it so much, I can only wish I made it.

And I really haven't found that a players preferred foot makes any kind of difference at all really in defence. If the defence doesn't shore up soonish then I might give it a go!

View attachment 118707
Wolfsburg Vs Mainz
6th October, 2018.

View attachment 118706
Team News

Three changes as Jasper Cillessen gets a shot with the gloves in place of David Ospina, while Gerhardt comes in for the suspended Ajer following his stupid sending off. Mario Gomez also returns to the starting XI.

View attachment 118704
View attachment 118703
It wasn't pretty, but it is a massive win and a first clean sheet for 6 games. Gomez got us off to a flyer by scoring a sublime volley early on, before Sadio Mane continued his remarkable form in front of goal to double our lead, that is now 6 games in a row he has scored in which is every single league game this season.I'm not sure the fans were overly thrilled by us playing counter attacking football at home, but needs must.

View attachment 118702

View attachment 118700
View attachment 118699
And the hits just keep on coming. We finally keep a clean sheet and we are going to have to unsettle our defence again as our main centre back faces a spell on the sidelines. These injuries are getting out of hand now, perhaps some heads have to roll in the physio/fitness department.

View attachment 118696
Red Bull Leipzig Vs Wolfsburg
20th October, 2018.

View attachment 118695
Team News

Two straight swaps for the side today as the returning Shinji Kagawa brightens my spirits somewhat, replacing the injured Max Arnold, While Maya Yoshida gets his first start for the club.

View attachment 118694
View attachment 118693
Poor defensively yet again! This is exactly what I was worried about when we lost Rojo. All three of the goals we conceded were cut-backs across goal that were tapped in. The positives? Rondon scored his first two goals for the club off the bench to make a good game of it, but Leipzig deserved their win and we slump to our first defeat of the season. I blame Mane for not scoring!

View attachment 118691

View attachment 118677
Wolfsburg Vs Bayer Leverkusen
27th October, 2018.

View attachment 118676
Team News

Trasch comes in at right back for the suspended Jung and Rondon gets another chance to shine up front in the only two changes from our defeat to Leipzig.

View attachment 118667
View attachment 118666
Hearts broken in the 88th minute. It was a real shame because we played some really nice football and were much improved from our last game, it just wasn't to be. Rondon picked up his third goal in two games which is nice as he can cover for Mane's horrendous goal drought that now stands at 2 games.

View attachment 118665

View attachment 118655
Dynamo Dresden Vs Wolfsburg
31st October, 2018.

View attachment 118653
Team News

My hand is kind of forced here by injuries meaning not many changes can be made. Sane is going to get a chance as a winger on the left hand side while Correa gets a shot in a central role. Rondon starts up front to try and keep his good form going and hopefully gather some momentum.

View attachment 118650
View attachment 118649
How we didnt win that in normal time I have no idea. 27 shots to 6? Still, through to the next round! and Mane scores for the first time in forever to continue his red hot form! (Only kidding Sadio, you are my favourite <3)

View attachment 118648
October Review

View attachment 118647
Another mixed month and another month of what could have been's. Our injury curse has certainly held us back to an extent but I cant help but feel our struggles are in front of goal and not in defence and midfield which is where our injuries have tended to be.

Table

View attachment 118646
Still all very close in the table. It is far too early to draw any conclusions.

Player of the Month

View attachment 118645
Its still this lad. Sadio Mane has been a monster, grabbing another couple of goals and assists to further increase his own stock. Rondon can feel slightly hard done by not to get this reward, but his goals only earned us a point where as Mane scored in our win and kept us in the cup.

November Fixtures

View attachment 118641
Three more big games coming up in this next month against some really solid teams!

View attachment 118303

Schalke Vs Wolfsburg
3rd November, 2018.

View attachment 118304

Team News

A change in shape for this match as I switch to a 4-3-3 just to try and shore things up a little bit and create a more solid defensive base to launch counter attacks from, exploiting the pace of Sane and Mane. Arnold is fit and returns to the side as does Jung, while Knoche gets a chance at centre back, replacing the unimpressive Yoshida.

View attachment 118302
View attachment 118301
It is the most satisfying feeling in the world when you put a plan in place and it works perfectly. That is exactly what happened today, as the rhyming speed twins (Sane and Mane) tortured the Schalke defence, grabbing a goal each and getting Howedes sent off for a two footed challenge along the way. Yes the had more shots than us, but we created by far the better chances. A great win.

View attachment 118298

View attachment 118283
View attachment 118282
OK, so even though he has dismissed it, this is something that I need to pounce on right away. I have already opened contract talks with Sadio to try and get an extra year or two put on to his contract, and as far as I am concerned it is going to take a £50 mil + bid to even tempt me. He has been that important to us.

View attachment 118281
Wolfsburg Vs Stuttgart
10th November, 2018.

View attachment 118280

Team News

Unchanged today for the visit of Stuttgart, although we do have some more positive news as Marcos Rojo is fit enough for the bench.

View attachment 118279
View attachment 118278
Another day, another draw, another Mane goal. The lad just cannot help himself. A disappointing result against a struggling Stuttgart side but I suppose a point is better than nothing. Really struggling to find the right balance as to when to counter and when to use possession a bit more.

View attachment 118277

View attachment 118272
Hamburger SV Vs Wolfsburg
24th November, 2018.

View attachment 118271
Team News

Marcos Rojo returns to the heart of the defence and Shinji Kagawa also get a game, coming in for Gerhardt to try and give us a little bit more creativity in the middle of the park.

View attachment 118267
View attachment 118266
Really poor again. This time we tried to work the ball into the box and it turned out to be the wrong move again. Thankfully, just when everything seemed to be lost, Sadio Mane popped up yet again to equalise for us with his 13th goal of the season. We need to improve and quickly if we are going to get Champions League football.

View attachment 118264

View attachment 118263
November Review

View attachment 118262
A poor month that started brilliantly against Schalke but then we ended up dropping points against opposition who we should be beating. While its good that we have only lost one game all season, these draws are killing us.

Table

View attachment 118261
Look at that, 4 wins, 6 draws. Really not good enough, although everything is still very tight and all is still to play for, we remain just the two wins away from that 3rd place that would guarantee Champions league football.

Player of the Month

View attachment 118260
Yes yes I know, I dont even know why I bother writing these any more. 3 games, 3 more goals and he has pretty much single handed salvaged us draws in our last two games.

December Preview

View attachment 118258
An absolutely packed schedule for the next month, including huge games against Bayern and Dortmund. Its crunch time.

View attachment 118255
Wolfsburg Vs SV Darmstadt 98
1st December, 2018.

View attachment 118254
Team News

Gone for a bit of a gamble today with Correa up front as we are going to try and play our way through their defensive formations. Sane and Mane will hopefully stretch the opposition defence and just open up a little bit of space for everybody else.

View attachment 118252
View attachment 118250
Mumbles of discontent are now starting at the club as we draw yet another game. We deserved so much more and it took an absolute worldy from Akkaynak to equalise for them late on. We just cannot catch a break, especially as next up we have Bayern!

View attachment 118248