Hei, @Saintmotbot and hope you will continue your form in BPL.

Last edited:
View attachment 121324
Bit of a shock this one, especially as they turned down the application of one Jurgen Klopp to appoint the Dutchman. Bold move from Roman Abramovich.

View attachment 121310

Bournemouth Vs Sunderland
1st April, 2017.

View attachment 121308
Team News

Going for five in a row, unchanged again, as boring as that may be. I love having a settled side.

View attachment 121305
View attachment 121303
So the streak is over and to be honest the lads looked a little bit disinterested. I need to talk to the lads and make sure we are giving 100% right up until the end of the season. Jermaine Defoe getting his 15th goal of the season was the high points of this game for me.

View attachment 121301

View attachment 121300
Sunderland Vs Crystal Palace
7th April, 2017.

View attachment 121296
Team News

A couple of changes today. Lee Cattermole has picked up a minor knock so is replaced in the side by Jack Rodwell. Julian Green, very much a forgotten man this season, gets a shot in the side, replacing Duncan Watmore.

View attachment 121287
View attachment 121286
That will do it! Jermaine Defoe's 16th of the season gets us our 5th win in 6 matches and gets us past the magic 40 point mark that usually guarantees safety. It wasnt a classic game by any means, but they dont need to be, the points are what matters.

View attachment 121283

Defoe needs a Knighthood with the clubs he has done service too! Well done.

Defoe needs a Knighthood with the clubs he has done service too! Well done.

Cheers man! Looking back at his history, this is the 11th time in his career that he has hit double figures in a league season. Hes done it with Bournemouth, West Ham, Tottenham, Toronto and now Sunderand. The guy is amazing.

Cheers man! Looking back at his history, this is the 11th time in his career that he has hit double figures in a league season. Hes done it with Bournemouth, West Ham, Tottenham, Toronto and now Sunderand. The guy is amazing.

Payrise? lol

View attachment 121280
Sunderland Vs Manchester United
16th April, 2017.

View attachment 121279
Team News

Just the one change today with Junior Stanislas coming into the side in place of Julian Green.

View attachment 121272
View attachment 121271
So close to the upset a United just pip us to the three points to keep their title challenge alive. Khazri opened the scoring with a tidy finish but it was Seb Larsson's 35 yard free kick that was really special. Defensively we are definitely missing Denayer at the moment.

View attachment 121270
Everton are in real real trouble now following Burnleys win! they are teetering right on the edge, could this be one of the biggest relegations in recent times?

Cracking story, keep it coming. Looks like you will be keeping us up again this season :)

I have started my own with Sunderland, it has been a struggle as in the first 3 games I have lost 0-3 to Swansea (Home), 0-1 to Crystal Palace (Away) and 0-0 with Man City (Home). Just can't seem to score however 3 of the 4 goals I have conceded have been free kicks!!

Play 4-2DM-1CAM-3

---------------Pickford--------------
Manquillo--Kone--Djilibodji--PVA--
------------Kirchoff--McNair--------
--------------------------------------
--Januzaj------Edwards----Khazri--
------------------Defoe--------------

Sometimes play N'Dong in CM instead of David Edwards (signed from Wolves)

Could be good news if Everton go down?? Surely their players will be wanting a move back into the premier league!

Will be interesting to see what kind of budget you get next season (assuming nothing mental happens and you keep Sunderland up lol)

You would think it was safe right! A lot of my future plans depend on what money they give me for transfers next season. I'm willing to take a backwards step to take a forwards step if that makes sense, If say Everton got relegated and offered me the chance to take them back up, I would probably take it if Sunderland dont match my ambition. A bit like Steve Bruce with Hull/Aston Villa. We will have to see at the end of the season, maybe a move abroad!

Defo safe, especially now you're 13 points clear with 6 games to go.

Everton would be a good role to take on, good structure and everything. Not sure why but they do seem to struggle on FM17.

Cracking story, keep it coming. Looks like you will be keeping us up again this season :)

I have started my own with Sunderland, it has been a struggle as in the first 3 games I have lost 0-3 to Swansea (Home), 0-1 to Crystal Palace (Away) and 0-0 with Man City (Home). Just can't seem to score however 3 of the 4 goals I have conceded have been free kicks!!

Play 4-2DM-1CAM-3

---------------Pickford--------------
Manquillo--Kone--Djilibodji--PVA--
------------Kirchoff--McNair--------
--------------------------------------
--Januzaj------Edwards----Khazri--
------------------Defoe--------------

Sometimes play N'Dong in CM instead of David Edwards (signed from Wolves)

Thanks buddy :) to be honest I think it has been one of the toughest saves I have done. It's just a case of grabbing points whenever you can and playing your form players! I like the look of that side, nice defensive solidity and that point against City has got to be a confidence boost! best of luck with it :)

Could be good news if Everton go down?? Surely their players will be wanting a move back into the premier league!

Will be interesting to see what kind of budget you get next season (assuming nothing mental happens and you keep Sunderland up lol)
I like the big teams going down personally. Makes things interesting. It entirely depends where I end up next season, but I would definitely be interested in poaching some of their players.

Defo safe, especially now you're 13 points clear with 6 games to go.

Everton would be a good role to take on, good structure and everything. Not sure why but they do seem to struggle on FM17.

Goals seem to be the problem for Everton, only 35 in 33 games, which is baffling when you consider the attacking talent they have.

View attachment 121153

Watford Vs Sunderland
22nd April, 2017.

View attachment 121152
Team News

Craig Byrson and Lee Cattermole return to the side, replacing Larsson and Rodwell, while Duncan Watmore is also back in place of Junior Stanislas. We have tended to struggle slightly against three at the back formations, can we break them down?

View attachment 121151
View attachment 121150
A dull game, where in all truth we got a little bit splattered by a creative looking Watford side, but we held on for the crucial point we needed to be... MATHEMATICALLY SAFE!! Sunderland will be a Premier League side next season. Meanwhile Everton claimed a point in the merseyside derby, but so did Burnley so it doesn't help them at all.

View attachment 121149

View attachment 121148
Arsenal Vs Sunderland
30th April, 2017.

View attachment 121147
Team News

Borini and Denayer are in to the side in place of Khazri and Djilobodji, just to try and freshen things up as we take on champions elect Arsenal.

View attachment 121146
View attachment 121145
A famous win! undoubtedly our finest in my time here. I made the bold decision to take Defoe off at half time, despite the fact he scored, and pushed Borini up to which really paid off! His first two goals of the season were enough to secure the points and put a dent in Arsenals title charge. Everton picked up a massive win at the bottom against Swansea, but Burnley beat Stoke! Have Everton left it too late? are Crystal Palace now in trouble?

View attachment 121144

View attachment 121132

West Ham Vs Sunderland
6th May, 2017.

View attachment 121131
Team News

Fabio Borini drops to the bench today, despite his wonderful performance against Arsenal. He was pretty ineffective playing off the left wing and I wanted Defoe up front, so he will be able to provide some impact off the bench if needed. Junior Stanislas is the man to take his place in the side as Wahbi Khazri has picked up a knock in training and will miss the final four games of the season.

View attachment 121130
View attachment 121129
Junior Stanislas came back to haunt his former club with a goal and an assist as we produced the perfect counter attacking display to bury West Ham. Duncan Watmore continued his impressive end of season form and Jermaine Defoe got his 18th of the season as we move in to 11th in the table! Who'd have thought that was possible at the beginning of the season? Everton claim another massive 3-0 win against West Brom to boost their own chances of survival.

View attachment 121128
And who does our next game happen to be against? Yep, you guessed it!

View attachment 121127

View attachment 121126
Sunderland Vs Everton
13th May, 2017.

View attachment 121125
Team News

Sam Allardyce has switched his Everton side to 5 at the back in a bid to boost his sides fortunes. Perhaps he has seen our struggles against 3 centre backs this season and the switch has been made with us in mind? I find myself looking at the quality of that side and wondering just how they are in so much trouble. Jason Denayer misses out with a minor injury meaning Papy Djilobodji comes into the centre of defence in an otherwise unchanged line up.

View attachment 121124
View attachment 121123
Having sat and watched that match, I can very clearly see why Everton are in such trouble, they were awful! They didnt create a thing and couldnt keep hold of the ball to save their life. If it wasn't for Kiko Casilla's brilliant penalty save off of Defoe they would have been relegated today. As it is, its going to the last day of the season.

View attachment 121122

View attachment 121121

Sunderland Vs Leicester
21st May, 2017.

View attachment 121120
Team News

Unchanged from the side that drew with Everton for our final game of the season.

View attachment 121119
View attachment 121118
A convincing victory to end our season over last years champions no less! Defoe finishes the season with 19 goals after bagging our opener, he has really impressed after starting every single Premier League game this season. Watmore grabbed his 6th of the year while Ndong also got in on the act.