Reaction score
Rogers To The Rescue !​
The head of the SFA David Hart has announced David Rogers as the man to take Scotland foward.
David Rogers is a former Scotland international and has the managerial experience to take Scotland foward.
David Hart had this to say about David Rogers.
" Mr. Rogers is a very talented manager and i believe he can take Scotland to where they belong.
I like the passion he has for his country and he is very ambitious, I believe these attributes make him the strongest manager for the job
Mr. Rogers has yet to comment.

p.s need 2 reporters and you can now apply for the assistant managers job.:)

Last edited:
Tuesday 7th July '09
Just spent the day with the Scottish FA, and managed to get the Scotland job!
We spent a while discussing where the FA want the Scotland national team to be within 5 years and where I want the team to be in 5 years, and im very much looking forward to the challenge.

Tomorrow my very first press conference as Scotland manager! :)

Wednesday 8th July '09
The press conference went quite well, I was very nervous going in although I've been through it all before while managing Charlton & QPR but nothing could compare to this.
As I sat down at the desk I looked up and it was a blur, all I could see was camera's flashing.

Only a few questions were asked such as: "What do you intend to do during your reign?"
I answered "I intend to build for the future, qualify for the Euro 2012 and World Cup 2014 and just to get Scotland higher in the World Rankings"

"How do you feel about the current Scotland squad, will there be any major changes?" A reporter asked.
"I feel the current squad are capable of getting good results and I don't think any major changes will be made until after my first game"

I left the press conference and headed to my office, the rest of the day was going to be a relaxed day to settle in.

My Expectations are that you experiment in the remaining qualifying fixtures and build a good enough team to take us to the euro's. if you manage to get to the world cup then my expectations will change as i will expect you to do well in the world cup.

Good luck boys i will look in from time to time come the Scotland :wub:

Friday 10th July '09
David Hart laid out the expectaions and has asked to build for the future and qualify for the Euro's. We are not expected to qualify for the South African World Cup but I can't help but keep one eye on it.

Fingers crossed :)

Monday 3rd August '09
Just 9 days until my first game in charge of Scotland, Im beginning to feel the nerves, the game is against Norway away, last time the nations met it was 0-0 at Hampden Park. Mr Hart, head of SFA told me the remaining WC qualifiers were just for me to experiment but I cant help but want to qualify for South Africa, we are very much against all odds but if me and the lads focus, maybe, just maybe...

View attachment 93115

Monday 3rd August '09
Just nine days until my first game as head of the SFA. i was anxious, the fans were sceptical about David Rogers' appointment. I told him just to experiment but what if he loses. The fans won't be happy with me or him. The fans want to go to the World Cup so this is a must win game.

Thursday 6th August '09
Today I had to announce my squad for the game against Norway. This was very tough, there was so many injuries, however I feel these players are more than capable of winning 3 points against Norway.

View attachment 93124

Later that day, I called a press conference and released this statement: "There will be a few raised eye-brows about my selection, but Im confident these players can produce magic in Norway. They have all played well at club level so far and they all deserve to be included"

Training went well today, the first time I met the players all together. They all seem willing to work hard under me and Im really looking forward to Norway. Tomorrow we will have an early morning training session and then travel to the airport ready for our 7pm flight to Norway.

COME ON TARTAN ARMY! :)

Goalkeepers: Neil Alexander, David Marshall

Defenders: Christophe Berra, Danny Fox, Alan Hutton, Lee Wallace, Andy Webster, David Wier, Steven Whittaker

Midfielders: Scott Brown, Kris Commons, Darren Fletcher, James McFadden, Nigel Quashie, Gavin Rae, Scott Robertson, Kevin Thompson, Ross Wallace, Gareth Williams

Forwards: Craig Beattie, Kris Boyd, Steven Fletcher, Ross McCormack, Kenny Miller, Steven Naismith, Garry O'Connor

(For those who can't see the Screenshot)

I received a text message from manager David Rogers telling me his squad. I wasn't too sure about his decisions. I phoned him up.
"Why the **** did you call up Nigel Quashie ! you even called up Gareth williams and Gavin F***ing Rae and 7 strikers in an 26 man squad ! you are obviously the wrong choice for the job"
he just replied with " we will see. " I hope he proves me and the doubters wrong. I really do !

The result will be posted at about 5pm today

Friday 7th August '09
We had just took off from Glasgow and I was feeling pretty good. Many people have questioned my selection but i have no doubts. The match was on Wednesday 12th however I wanted to get in the country early to calm the nerves, watch the Scotland U19's and U21's and to do a spot of sight seeing :)

We had booked up Frigg Oslo FK's training pitch to work on tomorrow and monday.

We landed in Oslo and greeted by a few Scotland fans who applauded us as we came out of the airport. It was nice to see some Scottish fans also getting to Norway a few days before the game :)

We got on the coach and headed for the hotel.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Wednesday 12th August '09
Today was the day! The U19's won 1-0, U21's won 2-1, it was our turn!
I was getting more and more nervous, I could'nt sleep, different tactics and line-ups were running through my mind, for the last 10 or so days I had decided to go for 4-3-3 and go all out attack.
We arrived at the Ullevaal Stadion, and walked through reception, the dressing room was rather small and grimey but I was'nt here for 60 Minute Makeover ****.

I told the players my plans for the game, I had changed my mind and gone for 4-4-2 and this was my starting 11:

GK: N.Alexander
DR: A.Hutton
DL: R.Wallace
DC: D.Weir
DC: C.Berra
MR: R.McCormack
ML: K.Commons
MC: D.Fletcher
MC: K.Thompson
FC: K.Boyd
FC: S.Naismith

Subs:
S1: D.Marshall
S2: A.Webster
S3: S.Whittaker
S4: N.Quashie
S5: L.Wallace
S6: J.McFadden
S7: G.O'Connor

I gave my team talk "Right lads, this is it, do yourselves proud and most importantly do your country proud, keep South Africa in mind, YOU CAN WIN TONIGHT!"

The teams lined up in the tunnel, and were led out by the ref, I took my place in the dug-out, and stood for the national anthem. The national anthem brought a tear to my eye, I was proud to be here.

The players got into position, I looked at the Scottish fans, they were extremely noisy, chanting and singing, I was proud to be Scottish.

The ref put the whistle to his mouth and blew. It had begun....

I was so nervous for the match tonight. David told me his starting 11. It didn't sound so bad at all, i apologised for my actions days prior to the match. He walked into the changing room and i made my way to my seat. It was a must-win game for us. We need to win !