Norway Vs SCOTLAND
We started poorly, Norway controlled possession, 9 mins in R.Wallace retained possesion at the back, he made a weak pass to Berra, and Nevland was quick to react, he stole the ball and was one-on-one with Alexander. GOAL!

I felt sick, we were 1-0 early on.

We responded well, keeping possesion well, and passing quickly, on the 17th min Kris Commons took the ball and ran forward, 20 yards out he put McCormack in with a through ball, McCormack took it on his right foot and GOAL! We were level! The fans were estatic! NO, the linesman had his flag up! OFFSIDE

Disgusting descion, but we had to get on with it, Norway took the game by the horns and controlled possesion once again, Thompson won the ball at 28 mins and sprinted forward, he fell, brought down by a Norwegian defender, it was a free kick just outside the area. Kris Commons struck it poorly into the wall but took a major deflection and GOAL! 1-1 own goal by Bjorn Helge Riise. GET IN!

Half time - 1-1

"Look, we need to keep the ball, we should be 2-0 up but a silly mistake and a dodgy offside descision have left us at 1-1, win the game!"

I had taken off Ross Wallace and put on Lee Wallace.

Second half began.

46th min, we had gave away a cheap free kick on the edge of the area, Larsen blasted it top corner and we were 2-1 down. GUTTED :(

52 mins - Commons runs down left flank and puts in a great ball, McCormack from 4 yards heads it, saved! How did he miss?!

63 mins - K.Boyd OFF, G.O'Connor ON

75 mins - Commons OFF, McFadden ON

82 mins- O'Connor brings the ball forward and puts McCormack in on goal, he shoots, GOAL! Oh guess what?! OFFSIDE

Full Time 1-2

We had lost, although we should have won, we were alot better in the second half and the referee made some bad descions, despite the result I was pleased with the performance. However we needed a win, I knew what I had to do for the next game....

View attachment 93151

I dreaded going back to Scotland. I had a press conference as soon as i got back. I know what they will say, they will blame it on the manager and me for appointing him. I hope David can beat Macedonia and even get a result against Holland but until then the media will give us a hard time.

2 Hours Later
My Phone rings, " Hello" i said in a soft tone as it was an unknown number. It was the former head of SFA Gordon Smith. He told me he knew a great manager who could be the best Scotland manager ever but all i had to do was sack David Rogers. No Way i thought ! how dare he ! i said
" look what happened last time you appointed a manager Smith" and hung up. I know it's not the last i hear from him

Gordon-Smith_1290963.jpg

Thursday 13th August '09
Me and the team boarded the plane, ready to head back to Scotland, I knew the next few days would be tough but I was feeling fairly confident. I sat next to Scott Robertson on the plane, we took off and I began talks with Robertson.
"Your a disgrace. I told you not to drink, what were you thinking, the night before a big game?!" I shouted.
The rest of the players looked at me and Robertson. "Sorry boss" he said.
"Not good enough, while Im in charge of Scotland you will never be called up again"
The rest of the journey home was quiet and awkward. We landed back in Glasgow and boarded the coach to take us to Hampden Park.

We walked into the doors of Hampden Park and I told the lads not to get too downhearted about Norway, there was still games to play. I headed on down to the press conference room.

"Whats the latest on Scott Robertson?" A reporter asked.
"I've spoke to Scott and I have told him he shall not play for Scotland again while im in charge, and I hope this sends a message to all the players"
"The fans have accoused your squad selection and tactics, what do you say to that?"
"Look, we were hit by loads of injuries and I had to turn to alternatives, we gave Norway the best we could and we should have won, the linesman has some explaining to do" I explained.

I headed out of the ground and got into my car and headed home, I was so tired and just needed a rest.

View attachment 93177

Friday 14th August '09
I had a meeting with the manager and Scott Robertson. The manager said he will never call up Robertson again. I tried to compromise and we settled on the deal that Scott Robertson was banned from international football and will be unable to play before Monday 15th August 2011 unless it is an emergency.

_45329795_scott_robertson_282b.jpg

Young Scott will be gutted about the ban.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Saturday 15th August
I was coming home from asda when i pulled up to my house with lots of reporters waiting for me. "whats happened" is what i thought. As soon as i got out the reporters were shouting their questions at me. "Mr Hart, Is Craig Brown about to take over the Scotland job" I was confused, I ignored them and went inside and had a cup of tea. Switched on the T.V and it was on the news. "Now to the Sports News With Rory Jimmyson. An anonymous tip-off from a source close to the SFA are saying that David Hart is ready to sack David Rogers and appoint Craig Brown. All i thought was Gordon Smith ! My phone went again, It was David. " Is it True, am i getting sacked for Craig Brown ?" i had to explain everything to him. Our trust is shaken. With Macedonia and Holland next month this couldn't have came at a worse time.
Craig_Brown_1205257c.jpg

Will Craig Brown take over Scotland for the second time ?

Saturday 15th August '09
After hearing the rumours that Brown was tipped to get my job, I felt unsettled despite discussing it over the phone with Mr Hart. I spent the afternoon thinking about all the events this week, was I being harsh on Robertson, should I have just gave him a warning? Was Brown going to get my job? Am I the right man for the job? These thoughts were soon brushed aside and all I can do is forget about the rumours and concentrate on making Scotland a successful footballing nation.

This has to be one of the worse Saturdays of my life, I had it all planned, do a bit of shopping with the wife and then go home and watch football on the tele looking out for my Scotland internationals, but leaving the house wasnt an option with the media lurking around, waiting for me to come out, cheeky b*stards. I spent the whole day watching SkySports news and found myself flicking between SkySports 1 and 2.

Then my phone rang......

Last edited:
Saturday 15th August '09 (cont.)
I let my phone ring for a while, I checked the caller ID, it displayed "Unknown", I answered my phone "Hello?" I said nervously.
"Hello David!" It was my mother, she just phoned to wish me luck with the Scotland job and told me to stay focused and not let rumours get to me mentally. I thanked her then hung up.
What a scare, I thought it was someone important!

Monday 17th August '09
I headed down to the SFA HQ, once I got there I walked through the doors, greeted the receptionists and went to my office. I checked the latest news on the BBC website, SkySports website etc. Nothing had changed.
I checked my emails, one of which was the latest world rankings, Scotland were ranked 34th, we had dropped one place :(

Other than that the day was normal, I drove back to my home and there was no reporters, "Things are getting back to normal" I thought, I got in greeted the wife and watched SkySports news, nothing new apart from my old club, Charlton Athletic, had just sacked their manager. "That's a bit strange" I thought, the season had only begun and they started off well, 6th in League One. I stayed tuned and watched the press conference realeased by the Charlton Chairman, "We have sacked Mr Phil Parkinson, because despite the good start to the season we feel that he was not the right man for the job unfortunatly. We have a few names in mind and they shall be contacted shortly"

I changed channel to ComedyCentral, ahh, good old Two & A Half Men!

View attachment 93563

I love Scotland stories.
And it's a good story.
Are you still taking applications for the assisstant manager job?

yeh we are, send an application to glasgowrangers53

the application should be on a thread called Apply For The Scotland Job by glasgowrangers53

send him a private mail title it ***. Manager Scotland :)

Wednesday 19th August '09
I got up extra early today, I travelled over to Aberdeen and watched their training session, the players seemed alot more motivated knowing I was watching, I had a word with Aberdeen's manager Mark McGhee, he seems to be a nice bloke. After training I headed into the City centre for some lunch.

When I got in I checked the home phone and I had 1 new message, I listened to it and it was Richard Murray, Chairman of Charlton. "Hello David, Its Richard Murray, when you get this message could you please ring me back ASAP" I instantly thought he was going to offer me the Charlton job.
I rang him back, "I would like to offer you a job on the Board Of Directors here at Charlton, over the last couple of years the fans have grown to love you and it would be great for you to work with us" Murray said. "Im flattered! But to be honest, I'd rather concentrate 100% on Scotland" I explained.
The phone call ended pretty quickly after that, we discussed how things were going at Charlton and tomorrow they will announce their new manager, Alan Shearer.

Back to Scotland...
The Macedonia game was fast approaching and I had to start thinking about tactics and players and how to approach the game, it was a must win if we were to even think about South Africa.

Friday 21st August '09
"Scotland's New Assistant manager is .... Clark Ferguson" David Hart stated at a press conference today. Clark was unavailble to comment today as he was in hospital with a broken toe we will be able to tal kto him later. After Month's of searching we finally got the man for the job of Scotland's number two, hopefully he will provide critical information and help David Rogers thrive in improving the Scotland Job.
Clark's history - he is a former Celtic player and coach and now wants to help his country improve.

We are still looking for someone to assist me as assistnant head of Scotland and im looking for a reporter.

Last edited:

Interview with Clark Ferguson

Clark, how do you feel to be involved in the national team?

I'm delighted, it's a dream and I hope I can help bring success to this nation.

What do you make of current manager, David Rogers, and what is your relationship with him?

I admire David, I think he's a great manager, I think he can bring success to this nation, and as for my relationship with him well I've just met him but I like him already and I'm looking forward to many yars of success with him.

So what will you provide to Rogers?

I'll offer my opinions and give advice but essentially I'm just here to make his job easier.

Thanks, Clark.

Cheers.

Sunday 30th August '09
Today I announced my squad for the games against Macedonia & Holland, I have met up with my new Assistant, Clark Ferguson, I decided not to ask for his input on my squad selection as Ferguson has been in and out of hospital with a broken toe, and has been unable to look at the players in depth. I will however ask for his opinion on starting 11 and tactics.

Goalkeepers: Neil Alexander, Craig Gordon, David Marshall

Defenders: Christophe Berra, Danny Fox, Alan Hutton, Stephen McManus, Lee Wallace, Andy Webster, David Weir, Steven Whittaker

Midfielders: Scott Arfield, Barry Bannan, Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher, James McFadden, James Morrison, Gavin Rae, Kevin Thomson, Ross Wallace, Gareth Williams

Strikers: Kris Boyd, Steven Fletcher, Ross McCormack, Steven Naismith, Garry O'Connor

Im pleased there wasnt as many injuries this time round however Kris Commons was out with a sprained ankle, Commons was my man of the match against Norway, so the news of his injury was disappointing, I called up James Morrison although the physio said he will be out for 1-2 days, im sure he will be fit enough.

I was pleased both games were at home, just what we needed, a huge amount of Scottish fans.

Sunday 30th August '09
My Blog
David the gaffer announced his squad today. I happy with the depth we have in defence and midfield. I would like to see Gareth Williams play aka screenie :p I happy that Craig Gordon is back, I believe he is essential to the squad. I'm happy that youngster Barry Bannan has got a chance in the squad. We need to beat macedonia and if we beat Holland we should make it depending on the other groups. I hope that David (manager) can do it. I have 100% faith in him. Oh wait, my phone started to ring, it was a phonebox number, " hello" it was Gordon Smith again and you'll never guess what he wants. He offered me 100,000£ to resign so he can get his job back. My reply you ask - " Get to F*ck Gordon
"

article-0-082B59FA000005DC-829_306x423.jpg

I love it how Gordon Smith is the devil in this story :L

Friday 4th September '09
Macedonia was tomorrow, me and Ferguson had sat down and discussed the line up and tactics, the discussion went on for hours but we had made a discision. We had gone for the 4-3-3 formation; We were both disappointed with the injury to Caldwell but felt confident we could see off Macedonia:

GK: N.Alexander
DR: A.Hutton
DL: L.Wallace
DC: D.Weir
DC: S.McManus
MC: K.Thomson
MC: D.Fletcher
MC: S.Brown
FC: K.Boyd
FC: S.Fletcher
FC: R.McCormack

I considered playing Craig Gordon however I was so impressed with Neil against Norway he had to start. Training with these players went superb and both me and Ferguson were very confident. The subs were chosen due to their fitness, the ones who didnt make the subs bench were lacking in fitness.

S1: C.Gordon
S2: C.Berra
S3: S.Whittaker
S4: Danny Fox
S5: S.Arfield
S6: B.Bannan
S7: S.Naismith

Saturday 5th September '09
The players had arrived, they went out with the coaches onto the perfect Hampden Park pitch for warm ups, the seats around the ground were quickly filling. I was very excited, I went to the reception and welcomed the Macedonian players, they seemed tired, which was a good sign.

The players came into the dressing room and I sat them down. "This is a must win but im confident we can see them off, we need a win against these and Holland and then we cross our fingers, lets take the spotlight away from England, those smug b*stards, COME ON SCOTLAND!"
I took my seat in the dug out and stood for the national anthems, I was extremely excited!

The ref blew the whistle....