Right, i give up on FM12. I've tried deleting files, turning stadiums off, all the **** you shouldn't need to do when buying a new game. I have loved FM every year. Such a shame that things can't just be left as they were.

Welcome back FM11.....

Defragment the cache files in steam, fixed my problem in seconds. thanx

Me too!

Hey, just wondering if any of you can help me please!

I've had FM12 working fine on my Mac with OSX for the last few days, been playing happily, then today I go to play it and I click on the "play" button in Steam and it goes "Preparing to Launch" but then the game never starts...

Anyone got any answers? Would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

I can't play my FM12 either! It was working fine for the last few days, with one crash a couple of days ago. I am on OSX, and today I can not launch the game. the ordinary preparing to launch appears and disappears, but nothing more happens. When I try to exit steam it says I must exit Football Manager 2012 first (!), I have to force quit.

Anyway, I have tried all the steps with defragmenting and verifying and all the stuff. Even restarted computer a couple of times. But nothing helps!

I just want to play my game!

I can't play my FM12 either! It was working fine for the last few days, with one crash a couple of days ago. I am on OSX, and today I can not launch the game. the ordinary preparing to launch appears and disappears, but nothing more happens. When I try to exit steam it says I must exit Football Manager 2012 first (!), I have to force quit.

Anyway, I have tried all the steps with defragmenting and verifying and all the stuff. Even restarted computer a couple of times. But nothing helps!

I just want to play my game!

Same here (MacOSX 10.6.8, Steam client app built Nov 12 2011 09:36:52, API v012, package version 1320171134).

I noticed that while starting up the game (fm2012), it fails to start file
~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/football manager 2012/fm.app/Contents/MacOS/fm
this file is missing.

Shortly after, Steam spit a large number of errors (__NSAutoreleaseNoPool), followed by an unclean shutdown. When restarted, Steam crashes with a bus error.

The timeline (Steam only, fm2012 doesn't start):
15:48 user logs in, Steam starts
15:49 the directory ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/football manager 2012/fm.app/Contents/MacOS/ is modified
16:03 can't start fm2012, file is missing
16:04 __NSAutoreleaseNoPool errors
16:04 unclean shutdown
16:04 restart (automatic ?)
16:12 Bus error crash

I tried to give an overview of what is happening, as I don't know what I am looking for.
Thanks for any help !

I cant play footy manager now has it says i need to be connected to the internet, when in fact my internet is working fine, any help please????

Hi guys, another user with problems with crash dumps. When I click on a player in my squad and try to do anything with them, windows dumps the game, some rubbish about date exective protection or something. I have tried using the windows help screens but dont seem to be able to find the file to disable the protection. When loading steam it says something about not to run steam through windows. Is this the problem if so how can i resolve it.

Need help so badly!!!!

Been trying to get fm2012 working since the day it was released with no joy! whenever i install steam it comes up with the error message "Unable to connect to the steam network.offline mode is unavailable because there is no steam login information stored on this computer". after trying everything i could find to rectify this with no joy i set my MAC back to factory settings first thing i did was download steam and it worked but then needed to download java and steam came up with exact same error so seems like it is a problem between steam and java! have looked at some many posts but nothing seems to work! i am using a MACBOOK PRO with OS X LION.

i need to get this working, at my wits end!

Somebody save me!!

Hi guys, I'm not on to moan about Steam as it worked perfectly well with the 2011 version although I do need some help now please!!! I installed the 2012 version last week and it worked fine through Steam in my house with internet connection. I am now out on an oil rig in the ****** North Sea and it wont allow me to go into Offline Mode, instead it basically just buggers off. We dont have WIFI or obviously I could connect to it but only internet connection we have is in this internet cafe with computers that date back the old Spectrum ZX!!!!!!! We arent allowed to connect our PCs to the companies network!! PLEASE HELP I'm out here for another 2 weeks!!!

I have been playing FM2012 absolutely fine. I can complete my first season no problem but then I hit 30th June. I simply am not able to get beyond this point. The game releases one news story if I am playing or if I try and let the game load automatically it stops and says that FM is not responding. This is the 2nd time that this has happened and it is driving me mad! Any help, I would be eternally grateful!

I'm having the problem mentioned in the very first post. When I'm in College I can't open FM 2012 because Steam is updating and when I click "Start in Offline Mode" it still won't work. I am connected to a wireless but it still won't work for me. Any idea why this is? What would you recommend I do so that I can access it in College all the time? I managed to yesterday somehow. Thanks.

I've just installed it after buying the game + new laptop. The other game i bought uses steam to run and it worked no problem, but FM2012 is updating at 51.5KB/s. My internet connection is way quicker than that. I think it's kinda unfair to have to wait 8 hours for this to update before I am able to load the game. Is there something I'm not doing?

I'm having the problem mentioned in the very first post. When I'm in College I can't open FM 2012 because Steam is updating and when I click "Start in Offline Mode" it still won't work. I am connected to a wireless but it still won't work for me. Any idea why this is? What would you recommend I do so that I can access it in College all the time? I managed to yesterday somehow. Thanks.

Your college network probably has Steam blocked - I know it is at my uni. What you have to do is go online at home, or somewhere you know you have access. Then make sure Steam and FM are fully up to date. After doing that switch to offline mode and it should work.

I've just installed it after buying the game + new laptop. The other game i bought uses steam to run and it worked no problem, but FM2012 is updating at 51.5KB/s. My internet connection is way quicker than that. I think it's kinda unfair to have to wait 8 hours for this to update before I am able to load the game. Is there something I'm not doing?

Try changing your Download region in Steam > Settings > Downloads + Cloud to somewhere close to your location. Also your ISP may have a server on the list so chose that if it is there.

Try changing your Download region in Steam > Settings > Downloads + Cloud to somewhere close to your location. Also your ISP may have a server on the list so chose that if it is there.

Cheers for that mate, it's upped the speed to 400+KB/s. It's much appreciated :)

Quick question

I have a steam copy of FM runs no problems all fine, but when i go to the misses house for a few days where there is no net connect it wont play even in offline mode., just says steam cannont connect and gives up.

Even when i installed a cracked copy it still tried to play it through steam. Is there a way around this?

even if its unistalling steam for the few days i'm away at at a time so its play the disc (iso) copy instead?

I've a quick question about Steam guys - the FM site etc says that my game will automatically update via Steam (updates now at 12.0.4).

However, my Steam is both online with automatic updates selected yet my game is still on version 12.0 - any ideas how I can get the game updated?

Thanks.

Anyone using a cracked copy will get no help from this site whatsoever. Don't even ask.

Quick question

I have a steam copy of FM runs no problems all fine, but when i go to the misses house for a few days where there is no net connect it wont play even in offline mode., just says steam cannont connect and gives up.

Even when i installed a cracked copy it still tried to play it through steam. Is there a way around this?

even if its unistalling steam for the few days i'm away at at a time so its play the disc (iso) copy instead?

trying to use cracked versions with steam will earn you a VAC ban, so you wont be able to play any online games using that account. stay away from anything pirated. also like ajt said, illegal versions are not allowed here :)