Hi all,
I have the 'black screen of death' problem to which a solution has already been given for earlier in this forum, however after deleting the Sports Interactive file in App Data -> Roaming, and creating a new windows account, still no success. I've also verified integrity of game cache, defragmented the cache files, uninstalled and re-installed the game, and updated directX, again not working. I had been on the game fine for a couple of weeks, and it still works when i tried it on my brothers computer, so i dont think steam is neccesarily the issue, any help would be much appreciated :)

i am having further problems with Steam. trying to load game i was met with a message reading "the Steam servers are currently too busy too handle your request. please try again later." upon reading online, i was told to uninstall the game and try again. i uninstalled from the control panel, went into Steam to try and install again was met by the same message. this has ocurred for a number of weeks now and im very disappointed. how can i solve this?

Heres my problem,

Game was working fine for the first few days, then i moved country and when ever i tried to start the game it just said" Steam servers are busy please try later" even when i was without internet in offline mode.
So i had a look round the net and the advice given was uninstall steam then re-install both Steam/FM which i did. Now when i click to Play FM it says "Preparing to Launch FM" and then nothing happens.

And ideas would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

this product is downright sub standard....got my game delivered today after waiting for months.. steam has its own mind logs in when it wants hangs the rest of the time, servers always too busy to service my request ...have'nt been able even start the game even once getting crash dump error after crash dump error ...scouring the net for solutions they range from everything to problems with steam to problems with graphic support there is one that says that bit defender has got issues with the game...plus my official forum account wont login for some reason...
i come into this thread for a solution i see this wiseass on page one going on about how steam is helping SI save a lot of money by not letting the game being pirated and if i have gotta problem too bad ...its like SI is doing us a effing favor by releasing this game...i see that attitude alot here ...too turned off to post my actual problem...just wanna say that i regret spending my hard earned money on this piece of ****...
will probably get a barrage of comments about basically how i lame and stupid i am ...but i for one dont like being taken for a ride if i buy a game i expect it to work...if i wanted play a game with so many bugs and then have to spend my time to get it to work i did rather get it form a torrent and crack it...really sad

this product is downright sub standard....got my game delivered today after waiting for months.. steam has its own mind logs in when it wants hangs the rest of the time, servers always too busy to service my request ...have'nt been able even start the game even once getting crash dump error after crash dump error ...scouring the net for solutions they range from everything to problems with steam to problems with graphic support there is one that says that bit defender has got issues with the game...plus my official forum account wont login for some reason...
i come into this thread for a solution i see this wiseass on page one going on about how steam is helping SI save a lot of money by not letting the game being pirated and if i have gotta problem too bad ...its like SI is doing us a effing favor by releasing this game...i see that attitude alot here ...too turned off to post my actual problem...just wanna say that i regret spending my hard earned money on this piece of ****...
will probably get a barrage of comments about basically how i lame and stupid i am ...but i for one dont like being taken for a ride if i buy a game i expect it to work...if i wanted play a game with so many bugs and then have to spend my time to get it to work i did rather get it form a torrent and crack it...really sad

Hardly being a wiseass when he's stating facts. And if you're not going to post your actual problem, then how can you expect any help? It's called a help thread for a reason. As specified, not a rant thread.

My problem is the same as the many before me ...get a serious error encountered every time i start the game have reinstalled the game twice,reinstalled steam, renamed registry, defraged data, validated cache, added exclusion (steam folder + fm.exe both)on my bit defender.. added as trusted app on my firewall (comodo)...restarted my pc (once steam hanged so bad i had to do a hard reset)
my pc specs are intel core2duo, 3gb ram, ati radeon 4850 512m...thanks in advance if you can solve my problem

My problem is the same as the many before me ...get a serious error encountered every time i start the game have reinstalled the game twice,reinstalled steam, renamed registry, defraged data, validated cache, added exclusion (steam folder + fm.exe both)on my bit defender.. added as trusted app on my firewall (comodo)...restarted my pc (once steam hanged so bad i had to do a hard reset)
my pc specs are intel core2duo, 3gb ram, ati radeon 4850 512m...thanks in advance if you can solve my problem

There's been cases where people have had to verify the cache 3-4 times then it started to work. Don't why it took 3-4 times though tbh. Failing that, have a look here:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-dumps-failed-set-up-graphics-xml-errors.html

Last edited:
There's been cases where people have had to verify the cache 3-4 times then it started to work. Don't why it took 3-4 times though tbh. Failing that, have a look here:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-dumps-failed-set-up-graphics-xml-errors.html

tried every step in all the forums here and else where ...spent upwards of 6 hrs of reinstalling updating validating and what not ...i give up SI wins ...ban me if you want to but downloaded a copy from a torrent and it works perfectly..feeling incredibly stupid but lesson learnt and i get to play the game too... thanks for tryin to help..gud bye

ok as i mentioned above cracked version works fine.. have got an idea what if i install my downloaded copy of the game dont apply the crack or any of that sort at all and then run steam will it work or just ban me (9 cycles of uninstalls and validate caches done)...+ can it because somethings wrong with my windows (am prepared to reinstall that too ) ...needless to say getting very desperate here ...and finally will replacing the dvd help(30 day warranty)..

Anything to do with cracked versions=no help at all.

ok man sorry.. peace ...will replacing the dvd help???

can anyone please suggest something!!

I dont think Steam has updated my game!!

When I start a new game it says version 12.0.0......surley this should say 12.1.4 or summit??

how can i check?? how can i update steam manually??

thanks in advance

I am unable to install the game because when I open it Steam does an update which I expected but it always fails because it says I have no internet connection, I know that Steam requires internet connection and I have a fast one but every time it is the same thing, I cant even get into Steam itself because it does the update (which always fails), if anyone could help me or redirect me to the appropriate site it will be much appreciated.

SteamError

• Steam.exe (main exception): CMultiFieldBlob(pSerialized): partial field header at end of record
    Thats what comes up every time i now use FM, I read the steam help thread and it mentioned the obvious silly thing i did, I saved and closed fm and then immidiatly shut down my laptop, force shutdown-ing steam. i now realise that was a very silly idea as...now i can't play fm or even get into steam itself.
    I really need some help please let me know!​

What the **** is happing to Steam ? I cannot connect to it. When I try to log in web site, it says I entered wrong un or pw. Ok, I know my username, not sure about pw, so I tried to make new pw. When I try to do that this pops out
"We could not find an account with that username or email address"
ggggssss-2.jpg

No, I haven't enter wrong username. Yes I know my mail.

What the **** is happing to Steam ? I cannot connect to it. When I try to log in web site, it says I entered wrong un or pw. Ok, I know my username, not sure about pw, so I tried to make new pw. When I try to do that this pops out
"We could not find an account with that username or email address"
ggggssss-2.jpg

No, I haven't enter wrong username. Yes I know my mail.

Bump :( ?

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the 3D Match Engine

I have a new Dell XPS i7, 8GB RAM and 3.1Ghz running windows 7. The game worked fine on my older, slower Dell so the prob wont be down to performance but since i got the new laptop sometimes when the game is about to go into the 3d engine at the start of the 1st or 2nd half the game just completely freezes and i have to use the power button to restart the pc. Other times it minimises my screen and goes back to my desktop and freezes there, or takes 10-20 seconds to go back into the game.

Ive tried reloading game cache, defragmenting, re-installing the game and steam but nothing is working.

Its extremely annoying and any help would be appreciated. Im guessing it's something to do with the graphics card or compatibility because of the match engine but i dont know how to fix it! :-(

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the 3D Match Engine

I have a new Dell XPS i7, 8GB RAM and 3.1Ghz running windows 7. The game worked fine on my older, slower Dell so the prob wont be down to performance but since i got the new laptop sometimes when the game is about to go into the 3d engine at the start of the 1st or 2nd half the game just completely freezes and i have to use the power button to restart the pc. Other times it minimises my screen and goes back to my desktop and freezes there, or takes 10-20 seconds to go back into the game.

Ive tried reloading game cache, defragmenting, re-installing the game and steam but nothing is working.

Its extremely annoying and any help would be appreciated. Im guessing it's something to do with the graphics card or compatibility because of the match engine but i dont know how to fix it! :-(

Is everything up to date like drivers? That can cause problems

Is everything up to date like drivers? That can cause problems

Yep, I contacted Steam, they told me all of the updates to drivers to do and it's still doing the same thing!

Hi guys,

I have tried to do anything! To defragment, to verify, to rename registry file etc.

But the problem won't go away... The problem is that my version of FM is still on 12.0.0 even though i've downloaded the patches!

Please help me!