View attachment 1082758
View attachment 123508

It was a welcome break from the league for us next as we went to face Lowland League side Dalbeattie Star in the Third round of the William Hill Scottish Cup. We decided to go with an unchanged line up from the game against Stirling last time out. We didn't get off to the best of starts again in the cup as Dalbeattie took the lead on twenty-seven minutes. Peter MacDonald completed hit hat-trick on the sixty-third minute as we pulled back to within touching distance of progress to the next round. Dalbeattie weren't ready to put up without a fight though and when they scored a second on the seventy-ninth minute I feared the worst. They scored less than sixty seconds later, 3-3 now. Thankfully, we just about held on as the home side let fly with shots from all over the place trying desperately to get a winner. We have it all to do again in a replay and this time we'll be at home.

View attachment 1083141
View attachment 123201

After a week of preparations for our Scottish Cup replay against Dalbeattie star we were confident of a result and raring to go! Trialist Jacob Esposito has now left the club and Dylan Easton was carrying an injury which meant Scott Ferguson and Sam Evans would make a return to the starting line up. With Steven Ross back from injury we had a bit of a dilemma as to whether he should start but after Peter MacDonald netted a hat-trick last time out, it wouldn't be fair. Was that a good idea? Well he missed a penalty on the seventh minute of the game. Having shown some more faith in MacDonald he proceeded to play terribly for the rest of his time on the pitch. Steven Ross came on for him on the sixty-fifth minute but we still couldn't break the deadlock and the game went to extra time. Three minutes into extra time it took for us to take the lead, why couldn't we have turned up earlier eh? Typical. Steven Ross with the goal. It was a crushing blow to the Junior outfit but we deserved the win in the end. Dundee United here we come.

This career/story deserves more recognition then it's currently receiving as I've been reading since the beginning but it's the first time I've actually commented on it (couldn't remember my password lol) but yeah, I've enjoyed the detail you put in even before the actual season with Clyde began.

KIU.

Last edited:
****** **** what a background story, this is very very well written, keep this up man

This career/story deserves more recognition then it's currently receiving as I've been reading since the beginning but it's the first time I've actually commented on it (couldn't remember my password lol) but yeah, I've enjoyed the detail you put in even before the actual season with Clyde began.

KIU.

Thank you very much mate that means a lot man! I like to have more of a story to mine particularly because I like to read a lot of the story parts that other people put in so it's only fair to reciprocate. :p Glad there are readers!

Had a bit of trouble with FM cutting off and getting a message saying that it'd 'stopped working' hence the lack of updates. I had some written out but lost the match progress so they were useless.

View attachment 122789

With the season almost a third of the way there I must admit I'm a bit disappointed that we're not playing better. Having said that, we have only lost one match in our last ten so perhaps I'm asking a bit too much from the lads. I was a bit disappointed that we struggled to overcome Junior opposition in the Scottish Cup on two occasions but, I guess, progress in the cup for them would be 10x as good as it would be for us so they were right up for the games. We've set up a Fourth Round tie with Dundee United who will be the home side when we face them on the 21st of January. A big, big match for us that'll be! For a club of our size just being in the competition at that stage is a big feat. I am pleased to say that I have now taken my first step toward my Continental coaching qualification by completing my 'C' course. On the rise in football! On a little sidenote I was happy to see our leftback Conor Bell named runner up for the Scottish League 2 young player of the month award for November, a nice little reward for his hard work.

View attachment 122788
View attachment 122787
View attachment 122786

View attachment 1083611
View attachment 122782
For our first league match in December we faced Elgin and lined up exactly the same as we did in our last match when we came up against Junior side Dalbeattie Star. This game wasn't any better than the last though as despite us just having the edge in the game we couldn't make it count as we played out a very dull 0-0 game. A bit of a borefest that one as neither side produced anything of a decent standard all match. Must. Do. Better.

View attachment 1083615
View attachment 122778We made two changes to our line up for this game as we had grown a bit stale in recent games. Our trialist 'keeper David Crawford made his first start for us ahead of Mark McMillan and Steven Ross came into the team in place of Peter MacDonald. That man Ross justified his selection as he changed my team talk dramatically when he scored on the forty-fifth minute of play. He wasn't alone though! Scotty Ferguson whipped in a cross which was headed away by the 'Beath defence only for my younger cousin to let fly with a superb volley from the edge of the box!! 2-0! That was to be the last goal of the game but to have beaten a strong Cowdenbeath side containing several ex Scottish Premiership players was a huge feat and we also got our payback on them too! An inspired couple of changes going in to this game as Ross grabbed a goal, Crawford got a clean sheet and our tactical adjustment paid off. Conor Bell was the man of the match and this really was a match for my Mum, Aunt and our grandparent's to be proud off. The family has something to be proud of and I must say it's a fantastic feeling to be part of that source of pride.

View attachment 122768

Clyde manager stabbed

Clyde manager Christopher Burns has been admitted to hospital after being stabbed seven times. Whilst out a walk in the park with his dog Christopher Burns was attacked from behind by a knife wielding thug who plunged a knife into him. It is believed that he was stabbed three times in the back, once on the arm and three times on his back. The attacker was raining down blows by kicking and punching Burns in between stabbing him. The attacker was hauled to the ground by a couple of passers by who bravely intervened. The 38-year-old is in a critical condition in the Southern General hospital in Govan after the life threatening incident in Glasgow, on Thursday the 15th of December at 4.55pm.

Strathclyde police were able to apprehend the suspect as he was held down by passers by who risked their own lives to intervene. It is understood that the park was packed, mostly by kids, dog walkers and runners as per the norm for Glasgow Green. The description of the suspect is that of a six foot one Caucasian male in his forties. It it not yet know if this was a premeditated attack as there was no provocation or reason for the attack. An eyewitness described how, "The attacker just sneaked up behind him and began punching, kicking and stabbing the man. There was no altercation or even words exchanged before it."

View attachment 122769

You missed one thing off the end of that dramatic post, the Eastenders "DUFF DUFF!"

Is this the end of the story or will he make a recovery and manager the team again this season. It's like something out of Sky One's Dream Team only better!

You missed one thing off the end of that dramatic post, the Eastenders "DUFF DUFF!"

Is this the end of the story or will he make a recovery and manager the team again this season. It's like something out of Sky One's Dream Team only better!

Ohh you have a point there hahaha! Better than Dream Team? No chance! Although there could be as many twists lol! Thanks a lot mate :)

Ohh you have a point there hahaha! Better than Dream Team? No chance! Although there could be as many twists lol! Thanks a lot mate :)

If you sign Luis Amor Rodriguez, Scott Lucas or Harchesters favourite son Karl Fletcher then anything is possible!