The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 958
  • Views Views 92K
The thing is some people are stupid enough to think that is really Adebayor.

AMERICAN entertainment giants AEG are moving closer to a £450 million takeover Tottenham.

AEG owner Philip Anschutz, the 34th richest man in the USA with a personal wealth of more than £4.4 billion, has been in talks with Spurs’ Bahamas-based owner Joe Lewis for weeks.

The pair are close to concluding a deal and Anschutz wants to keep current chairman Daniel Levy in place at White Hart Lane as his man on the ground at the north London club.

The agreement would inject new funds into Tottenham’s coffers and make it harder still for bitter rivals Arsenal to compete for the Champions League places, with Chelsea and the Manchester clubs blocking their path.
Spurs formed close links with the AEG group last year as they put together a bid to buy the Olympic Stadium as a new home.
But now Anschutz, a close friend of Lewis, is interested in buying the club itself.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Sport | Football

Tottenham takeover: AEG to make £450m bid | Mail Online

AEG To Purchase Spurs? Their Revenue-Generating History Is Good For Tottenham

If a report from the Express is to be believed, Tottenham Hotspur are on the verge of being sold to American billionaire Phillip Anschutz, or more likely, his company Anschutz Entertainment Group. The deal would be for £450 million and would be AEG's first foray into the English Premier League, but it would hardly be the first time they have gotten involved in sports.
Englishmen may know AEG from their ownership of the O2, which they turned from a money pit into a very successful mall and arena, but sports fans know AEG as owners of the Los Angeles Kings and minority owners of the Los Angeles Lakers. This is in addition to their football interests as owners of the Los Angeles Galaxy, the Houston Dynamo and a 49% stake in Hammarby. On top of that there is AEG Live, a subsidiary of AEG, which is the second largest presenter of concerts and events worldwide, and their ownership of several sports and entertainment venues around the world.
In short, AEG knows sports, events and venues. That is their bread and butter and with Spurs nearing a deal for a new stadium, AEG could be the perfect owner to take over. Nobody else would be able to maximize the revenue opportunities presented by the new stadium quite like AEG.
AEG's success ranges from building and operating stadiums and arenas around the world to booking events at those arenas to make the money printing machines. Most impressive, though, is their incredible success in maximizing sponsorship opportunities and revenues. Their ability to secure the largest naming rights deal for a sports venue ever is proof of that, as they got a deal worth $700 million, possibly rising to $1 billion, for their proposed football stadium in Los Angeles. If Spurs want revenue maximizing experts, AEG is the way to go.

Tottenham and AEG are not starting a relationship from scratch either. The club and AEG planned on partnering on the Olympic Stadium had Spurs won the bidding for it. Also, Anschutz and current club owner Joe Lewis are friends. With Lewis not exactly making it a secret that he wouldn't mind getting out of the football business by selling Spurs, it wouldn't surprise anyone if there had been preliminary, hypothetical discussions between Anschutz and Lewis in the past and only now -- with the stadium situation looking closer to a done deal than every before -- has the American decided to make this move.
The report suggests that AEG would look to keep Daniel Levy on to run the club, which would be vital to ensure Spurs' future success. In their time running football and hockey teams, it is clear that AEG are brilliant businessmen and are also willing to spend on their teams. It is also clear that they struggle to find the right people to run the sporting side of things and their teams have been poor at times because of poor hires. Keeping Levy and not asking AEG to find the right man to run the football part of the club would ease the biggest concern about any AEG takeover.
In all, an AEG purchase of Spurs would be brilliant if Levy stayed on. Levy has proven himself to be very good at running a club so there would be no worries there, while AEG would be able to make more money out of the stadium and sponsorships than anyone else. AEG's ownership history also shows that money would go back into the team, meaning that the club would continue running as is with Levy in charge, only with far more money on hand. Nobody in a white shirt could find a downside in that.
Of course, this is still just one report from one tabloid and it comes without named sources or quotes. This is not a done deal by any means, nor is it even proof that they have been talking. It is very much a rumor and nothing more. To the credit of the reporter, Tony Banks put his name on this instead of calling it a staff report and he did not qualify the story with "maybe" and "possibly." This is his story and he's standing by it, but it is still just one report from the Express.
Do not hop on the "AEG is buying Spurs!" bandwagon because we are a ways off from that, but as far as rumors go, this one isn't too bad. At the very least, it is logical. It passes the smell test with nothing standing out as impossible or even unlikely. There isn't anything in the slightest that is ludicrous so that is a start, but a rumor is still a rumor. If only this rumor can be true, though, because if it is and if Levy stays onboard, this could be a game-changer forTottenham.

http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com...ham-hotspur-takeover-sale-aeg-phillip-anchutz

Do we need to play you next week?! :'(

You are going to blummin pwn us

Do we need to play you next week?! :'(

You are going to blummin pwn us

If Adebayor played like he did against Newcastle then fear the worst. Anything can still happen and football can throw some freak results. Chin up Calum.

If Adebayor played like he did against Newcastle then fear the worst. Anything can still happen and football can throw some freak results. Chin up Calum.

Aebayor vs us at the Emirates, no doubt he will be moativated for the game imo

Brazilian sensation Leandro Damiao has claimed that Tottenham have lodged an offer for him.
Spurs have long been linked with the Internacional striker, who is widely tipped to move to Europe this summer.
The 22-year-old, who has a hugely impressive goal-scoring record in Brazil with more than a goal every other game, has been linked with the likes of Barcelona,
spacer.gif
Manchester United
spacer.gif
and most recently Paris Saint Germain.
spacer.gif

But Spurs have always held an interest and now, speaking to the French media, Damiao has insisted they have made an offer.
"I am not aware of anything for an offer from Paris SG. I have had no contact with PSG or Leonardo [sporting director]," he said in an interview with Telefoot.
"For now, I think about my club and the Copa Libertadores.
spacer.gif
In July, if a proposal comes, it will be discussed.
"All that I know is that Tottenham have made an offer."

Damiao claims Spurs offer | Tottenham Hotspur News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

From what i've seen from other quotes, it seems like he's holding out for PSG to come in. Shame.

Line up for Stevenage:

Cudicini, Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Nelsen, Rose, Livermore, Parker, Bale, Defoe, Saha

looks like:

Cudicini
Dawson Kaboul Nelsen
Walker--------------------------Rose
Parker Livermore
Bale
Defoe Saha​

From what i've seen from other quotes, it seems like he's holding out for PSG to come in. Shame.

Line up for Stevenage:

Cudicini, Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Nelsen, Rose, Livermore, Parker, Bale, Defoe, Saha

looks like:

Cudicini
Dawson Kaboul Nelsen
Walker--------------------------Rose
Parker Livermore
Bale
Defoe Saha​

Whatever you offer, they can double, and they will be in europe next year too

Whatever you offer, they can double, and they will be in europe next year too

Yep, just have to hope that Levy can lure him in. Hopefully he doesn't go for the money.

Yep, just have to hope that Levy can lure him in. Hopefully he doesn't go for the money.

Then he can stay where he is. He shouldn't sign for Spurs just for money. ;)

Hopefully Spurs sign Damiao and miss out on Hazard.

Then he can stay where he is. He shouldn't sign for Spurs just for money. ;)

Hopefully Spurs sign Damiao and miss out on Hazard.

Hoiping we sign both but nothing will be sorted until we know what is happening with the Harry situation.

I think that Hazard could be tied up soon. Announced before the end of the season like Modric was.

Last edited:
If Hazard comes in,who's the likely player to go out of the lineup? I believe it'll be Lennon.

Hoiping we sign both but nothing will be sorted until we know what is happening with the Harry situation.

Harry is manouvering for a may exit. Hence why he is saying the Fa should delay their choice. He wants to leave in may, take over for the Euros (knowing he will get no blame for failure and all the plaudits for success)

I do wonder how blind commentators are.. If they couldn't even see Parker stood in the middle of the goal.. I mean, seriously.

If Hazard comes in,who's the likely player to go out of the lineup? I believe it'll be Lennon.

Modric to Chelsea? Although, they are pretty **** now.. So maybe not.

Back