The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 958
  • Views Views 92K
He hasnt, and yet it still quite doesn't compare for him. For his generation, there is nothing bigger than England manager. Whether he is right or wrong on that is another matter.

There is no right and wrong.. He can do what he wants.

I thought it was obvious to everyone that he wanted the job.. Why else wouldn't he have ruled himself out after weeks of speculation and interviews about it.

There is no right and wrong.. He can do what he wants.

I thought it was obvious to everyone that he wanted the job.. Why else wouldn't he have ruled himself out after weeks of speculation and interviews about it.

Wasnt talking about harry taking the job, was talking about his views the job of england manager and nothing being bigger than it

there is no way Harry will turn down the England job if he is offered it ( which is highly likely). I hope he stays with us. If he doesn't, then we have to get someone in who can do the job to a similar if not better standard. All this Hazard talk is just rumours i won't take any of it serious until it's official. Remember the Ganso story a month back.

Yeah, Harry will be England manager one way or another. The only question is whether it'll be before our season ends or in May.

Yeah, Harry will be England manager one way or another. The only question is whether it'll be before our season ends or in May.

Well he is working his magic to make it happen in May, knowing that he is the overwhelming popular choice, and quite possibly the only choice. And if the Holland game is as dull as I think it will be, then I bet the FA will postpone their choice.

I'll be going to the Holland game, so I hope it isn't dull.

Still, not expecting much from it, and that could play into our hands re: the postponement.

I'll be going to the Holland game, so I hope it isn't dull.

Still, not expecting much from it, and that could play into our hands re: the postponement.

I would like to be wrong, but i just cant see it in Pearce. Be interesting if he somehow thumps a full strength side 6-0

[video=youtube;DIJ4rHPWsKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIJ4rHPWsKs&feature=g-hist&context=G2fdf5f7AHT0fGtQABAA[/video]

27th​ Feb 2012 - Is It Safe To Come Out Yet?

Well that wasn’t quite how it was supposed to go was it?

I should have known better but I had a lovely feeling yesterday as I’m sure most of you all did; that for the first time in well over 20 years, we could look at the teams in the morning papers and think only Van Persie would get near our current team. We are playing well, we are stable at the back and we have goals all over the place. They have been abject, are **** at the back, and can only score through one man. Happy days, we can follow up last season’s wonderful fight back with something more substantial and really start rubbing their smug noses in it.

But then the actual team was put out and I began to worry. I’m not being a clever ******* and I’m not talking after the event but surely a team that is built to beat an under strength Newcastle at home isn’t the one to go and get amongst this lot on their home patch? Didn’t last weekend’s pathetic show at Stevenage (and previously at Watford) remind the future England manager that if it ain’t broke don’t fix it and what has served us so well all season may just keep doing so?

I’m not jumping on the doom and gloom band wagon but let’s get real; we got bullied yesterday by a midfield of Arteta, Rosicky and Benayoun-that is embarrassing-they shouldn’t bully an under 14’s team, yet seemed to be winning all the 50/50s. Sling into the mix Parker’s ludicrous chasing of lost causes (although in fairness he was doing the work of two men in there) and diving into tackles on the edge of our box and we suffer a cringe worthy hour yesterday and now face Man U with more unnecessary changes. I know injuries dictate availability but we should stick to a way of playing that works and yesterday we didn’t and I have had to listen to incessant bollocks from idiot goons for 24 hours.

But maybe this was a little necessary wakeup call and it could inspire us to pick up, dust down and get stuck in for what is going to be an interesting run in and hopefully a couple of trips to Wembley in the cup. I really hope so because I do believe this is a new Spurs and the occasional slip up will happen but it doesn’t spell the beginning of a desperate run.........................fingers crossed.

Anyway that is the moaning out of the way. I think I am mainly annoyed because this article was supposed to be called “Magic Moments” and be a list of all the players/decisions/ goal posts that have featured in wonderful moments against the ****. I was even discussing this over beer before kickoff, that’s how confident I was. I’m sure there were a few of you there with me. It was lovely whilst it lasted wasn’t it?!

the Woodo column at TOPSPURS

We will be ok we will still finish 3rd and we are still in the Fa cup.

United at home next then Everton away and then Chelsea away. This run will define wether we will be top three or four. We need points out of those games.

United at home next then Everton away and then Chelsea away. This run will define wether we will be top three or four. We need points out of those games.

Only lost once at home all season,Chelsea have been poor and with terry out should get 3 points there.

Only lost once at home all season,Chelsea have been poor and with terry out should get 3 points there.

United have the best away record in the league, and seem to have the hoodoo over Spurs as well.

United have the best away record in the league, and seem to have the hoodoo over Spurs as well.

I cant actually recall the last time we beat United home or away it has been some time.

Yes, Mike. entered this discussion. Sorry guy, now United will win.

I cant actually recall the last time we beat United home or away it has been some time.

There have been a few you should have won, and just somehow found a way not to, its quite bizarre.

[h=3]Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen describes Tottenham Hotspur as 'amazing club'[/h]

Jan Vertonghen has described Tottenham as “an amazing club” amid speculation linking the Belgian to north London.

The Ajax defender is believed to be interesting a number of English sides, although Spurs are thought to be the front runners for his signature.
The 24-year-old also revealed he would like to play in the English top-flight.
“I think Tottenham are an amazing club and you see how well they are doing this season,”

“They are in the top three in England and that’s where I want to play.
“I can’t say anything about whether there has been contact about a transfer but I think my game can be suited to English football.
“I love the atmosphere and it has the best players in the world, it breathes football. It’s one of my goals to play in the best leagues and against the best players. It’s the only competition I watch apart from Barcelona.”

Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen describes Tottenham Hotspur as 'amazing club' (From East London and West Essex Guardian Series)

Lets hope he still thinks that at the end of the season. He is also very good friends with Eden Hazard.

Back