The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 958
  • Views Views 92K
Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen describes Tottenham Hotspur as 'amazing club'

Jan Vertonghen has described Tottenham as “an amazing club” amid speculation linking the Belgian to north London.

The Ajax defender is believed to be interesting a number of English sides, although Spurs are thought to be the front runners for his signature.
The 24-year-old also revealed he would like to play in the English top-flight.
“I think Tottenham are an amazing club and you see how well they are doing this season,”

“They are in the top three in England and that’s where I want to play.
“I can’t say anything about whether there has been contact about a transfer but I think my game can be suited to English football.
“I love the atmosphere and it has the best players in the world, it breathes football. It’s one of my goals to play in the best leagues and against the best players. It’s the only competition I watch apart from Barcelona.”

Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen describes Tottenham Hotspur as 'amazing club' (From East London and West Essex Guardian Series)

Lets hope he still thinks that at the end of the season. He is also very good friends with Eden Hazard.

Sadly not the case, He said in the same interview that although they both play for Belgium, that they both speak different languages as Hazard speaks french.

Still, good news.

Sadly not the case, He said in the same interview that although they both play for Belgium, that they both speak different languages as Hazard speaks french.

Still, good news.

Argument was steered towards Spurs, he was basically asked about them so wouldn't read too much into it. Would read more into the fact that both Vermaelen and Kompany are steering him to towards the premier league and he is very open to the idea. If any of the top sides came calling he would relish the chance.

He should come to Everton, we've got Fellaini and we've got toffees, what more can a player ask for!?

He should come to Everton, we've got Fellaini and we've got toffees, what more can a player ask for!?

I don't think saying you have one decent player will sell your club to him.

I don't think saying you have one decent player will sell your club to him.

Actually, we've got many good players, but Fellaini is the only Belgian one, in case you didn't notice.

[h=1]Does this video prove Gareth Bale was clipped by Kieran Gibbs for Spurs’ penalty at Arsenal?[/h]http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/does-this-video-prove-gareth-bale-was-clipped-by-kieran-gibbs-for-spurs-penalty-at-arsenal/

Considering it was ultimately irrelevant to the outcome of the North London (demolition) derby on Sunday, the decision to award Tottenham a penalty to go 2-0 up at the Emirates has ensured plenty of anger towards Gareth Bale. The Welsh winger, who seems to flit between both the darling of the media and the ire of pundits across the land, is now very quickly picking up a reputation for diving.
Earlier this month we asked whether Gareth Bale took a dive in Tottenham’s 0-0 draw at Liverpool and he is the only player to have been booked twice in the Premier League this season for simulation.
But, you can’t help thinking that some of the criticism has been very harsh, especially when you consider that at Arsenal on Saturday the Spurs attacker had Kieran Gibbs coming in from behind and was faced with Wojciech Szczesny.
Websites like Football365 have called for Bale to be banned and Graham Poll in the Daily Mail was particularly damning: “If it was a foul it should have been a red card for the keeper and perhaps Dean had doubts over the accuracy of his decision and left him on the pitch. Replays showed that Bale had not been fouled but I would not blame Dean for being fooled.”
But, did Mike Dean give Spurs the penalty for Kieran Gibbs’ foul on Bale? Hence why Arsenal’s goalkeeper did not even receive a booking.
The video below, ironically uploaded to YouTube by an Arsenal fan, appears to show that the Tottenham winger was clipped by the Gunners left back.

Does this video prove Gareth Bale was clipped by Kieran Gibbs for Spurs

I can see where they are coming from with that video, but still believe it was a dive.

Whether Gibbs touches him in that video or not, the angle at which the supposed contact is made isn't enough for him to tumble over the 'keeper as if Szczesny has clattered him (which he hasn't).

Anyways, irrelevant as we beat you 5-2, and should have had a penalty ourselves :)

I think Bale was slightly clipped by Gibbs but over exaggerated the fall

Without doubt, the pen was definately won. Anyone who disagrees isn't watching closely enough or biased.

(can tell been on that FA course can't ya lol).

But if Spurs players gift the game away the way they did, and do more of those **** ups, can see them kissing goodbye to 3rd and getting 4th instead. I look forward to the Everton match that's all I'm saying.

View attachment 227485
Im going to be biased here because I can.. Looked where I have ringed and Gibbs does make contact with Bale which makes it a penalty under the rules. What Bale did was keep his balance until the keeper came then went down that made it look more like a dive from the challenge from the keeper.

View attachment 227485
Im going to be biased here because I can.. Looked where I have ringed and Gibbs does make contact with Bale which makes it a penalty under the rules. What Bale did was keep his balance until the keeper came then went down that made it look more like a dive from the challenge from the keeper.

It was a dive, being biased doesnt change it. He didnt keep his balance, and its not the first time.

Look at the image Mike. Gibbs has made contact which makes it a penalty.

I saw the highlights too-also dragged his leg and crashed to the ground. Dive is a dive. Sorry. Don't like saying that because he's an excellent player. But yeah....dive.

Look at the image Mike. Gibbs has made contact which makes it a penalty.

That isnt a penalty, also i watched the video, repeatedly. It's a dive. Had it gone the other way there is no way on earth you would have accepted it. Contact does not always = Penalty. Otherwise a player could brush you and then you can win a pen, oh no wait you cant. There was zero impedement, or unfair intereference.

Back