The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 958
  • Views Views 92K
A mate of mine who went the match sent me a message yesterday telling me Spurs fans were disgusted with the Chelsea bunch who disrespected the minutes silence for the 96 and Morosini. Good bunch of supporters and on behalf of all of Liverpool, thank-you.

It's interesting as a fan of the game to see how often Redknapp switches to a 4-4-2 to try and claw back a lead againt a side playing 4-5-1, and then gets his *** handed to him in the second half. He did the same thing against Arsenal and a couple of other teams in the last month or so. I don't understand how he expects to do much beyond hoof it direct over the opposing midfield and get Defoe to nick one, and often it seems to be a completely roll of the dice, especially against a strong team like Chelsea who can stifle supply.

Biggest suprise of the game for me has to be Bale being largely useless/unused. It suprises me given he was included in many Prem team of the year posts in the other thread, as he has been absolutely useless for a while now. It seem his biggest strength, his direct running, speed and delivery/shot, has all been broken down as he's moving inside to try and dictate the game and removing an outlet for the midfield to hit

Last edited:
Well, back in 4th with the 'easiest' run-in, on paper.

Will it finish this way? I doubt it, but it's good to be back with a win. Those 3 points have been missed.

P.S. Watch MOTD2 for Walker's free kick.

What do Spurs fans make of Sandro? Another great display today. I just wonder how the season would have gone if Harry had done the smart thing and play Sandro in front of Scott Parker.

What do Spurs fans make of Sandro? Another great display today. I just wonder how the season would have gone if Harry had done the smart thing and play Sandro in front of Scott Parker.

Sandro was world class yesterday, about time Harry started playing him more, he is not the defensive mid we see him in Fm over the past couple of years, he is a complete midfielder and deserves to be starting weekly now! Good player for the Olympics... watch this space

Sandro is very good but I still like Parker as well, the work he puts in is commendable for any team. For that reason I would pick Parker over Sandro at the moment, anyone could of been good against Blackburn yesterday to be honest in that Tottenham side.

Incredible player. Been raving about him since last season, unfortunately with Redknapps love-in with Parker and Sandro picking up a lot of injuries he's not been able to get a run of games together to hit the form he was showing at the back-end of last season. Hopefully him and Modric will be our starting partnership next season, providing Modric stays.

Incredible player. Been raving about him since last season, unfortunately with Redknapps love-in with Parker and Sandro picking up a lot of injuries he's not been able to get a run of games together to hit the form he was showing at the back-end of last season. Hopefully him and Modric will be our starting partnership next season, providing Modric stays.

really?

yes - he's put in a few good performances, but to describe him as in INCREDIBLE PLAYER is a bit premature surely?

really?

yes - he's put in a few good performances, but to describe him as in INCREDIBLE PLAYER is a bit premature surely?

Watch him.

Beast of a player. Best tackle success ratio in the league i believe as well.

Watch him.

Beast of a player. Best tackle success ratio in the league i believe as well.

Won the most tackles in a prem game (11) yesterday than Mascherano did against Wigan in 09 i believe.

Also thought I'd ask if Spurs fans are reeling at Arry not really giving Pinaar a shot in the first team and seeing how well he is doing now?

No. He doesn't suit us at all. I'm happy he's performing well, but Everton are perfect for him, with their slower, patient build-up play.

Possible Home & Away kits next season, with our new designer Under Armour.

p00Ez.jpg

v0VYM.jpg

Not entirely sure how legitimate these are, but I like them.

Edit* I'm aware these might be considered old, but they hadn't been posted in here yet. :)

Last edited:
Back