The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 958
  • Views Views 92K
Look nice, but I really doubt it. Just inverted the colours.

Marca TV say a deal has been reached for Bale to move to Barcelona for 40m. Marca isn't that reliable but it's a transfer rumor nonetheless.

Nice "rumour", Barca don't need Bale as they already have plenty of quality in that area.

You guys act as if this is the first time Bale has been linked to Barca, they obviously shown interest in him and every paper that I have seen cover a story similar to this have all stated that they are looking at him for left back to replace Eric Abidal.

I know what you're saying, but it is unlikely they'd spend that much on a left back. Spending 25m for Alves was seen as a colossal investment for a wing-back not many years ago. Bale has played there in the past and would suit the "style of play", but I can't see it happening considering the fee Spurs would want, unless he expressed an interest in leaving specifically once the offer came in, perhaps Barca playing the long game.

Bale isn't good enough for La Liga. English media got a bit carried away with how good bale is, when he played well against an in decline Inter side.

Bale isn't good enough for La Liga. English media got a bit carried away with how good bale is, when he played well against an in decline Inter side.

He's more than good enough for the Prem, and for my money the Prem's better than La Liga. In the Prem he doesn't have the luxury of refs protecting players, or of every time retreating in fright back to their own penalty area whenever they see Barca or Madrid.

Bale is an absolutely amazing player, one of the very best left winger/midfielders in the world. And not only the english press called him amazing, the german press also wrote about his quality and they dont usually write that much.

He's more than good enough for the Prem, and for my money the Prem's better than La Liga. In the Prem he doesn't have the luxury of refs protecting players, or of every time retreating in fright back to their own penalty area whenever they see Barca or Madrid.

The la liga is a rubbish league. Third placed teams come closer to relegation than 2nd place, the money is split really unfairly. La liga is the new scotish league.

As if we'd sell Bale for £32m. Nothing story.

Makes a change to see this thread with a few posts in it.

Anyway, I'd never write off any transfer these days, but this one reeks of desperation for a big transfer story we can talk about for the next 2 months.

The la liga is a rubbish league. Third placed teams come closer to relegation than 2nd place, the money is split really unfairly. La liga is the new scotish league.

If its the new scottish league, why did your two top teams get destroyed in europe this season? Man Utd got torn apart by Atheltico. Premier League is all huff and puff and hype.

Im not defending the prem!!!! Im mearly pointing out that the la liga is worthless and boring. I love Bilbao and co im just stating that the la liga has lost its competitivity. I just wish they would share out money more eavenly.

My personal opinion is that we won't sell any of our key players this transfer window. We'll also strenghten our squad either if we qualify for CL or not.

why would Barca even want Bale for £32 mill :S

why would Barca even want Bale for £32 mill :S

Quality left-backs are in short supply. Left-backs who can attack with as much flair and pace as Bale does are in shorter supply too. Left-backs who can play anywhere on the flank are rarer still. Left-backs with all of these attributes and are under the age of 25 don't really exist outside of Madrid and Gareth Bale.

Back