The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 958
  • Views Views 92K
Quality left-backs are in short supply. Left-backs who can attack with as much flair and pace as Bale does are in shorter supply too. Left-backs who can play anywhere on the flank are rarer still. Left-backs with all of these attributes and are under the age of 25 don't really exist outside of Madrid and Gareth Bale.
Bale at left back. I'm not convinced

Bale to Barca looks completely non story for me. They are anyways signing Jordi Alba, their ex La Masia player. He is very good LB.

Quality left-backs are in short supply. Left-backs who can attack with as much flair and pace as Bale does are in shorter supply too. Left-backs who can play anywhere on the flank are rarer still. Left-backs with all of these attributes and are under the age of 25 don't really exist outside of Madrid and Gareth Bale.

Baines, Pizcek(dortmund) and Lahm are amazing but 26. Who do madrid have? Alaba is pretty decent and 21. How old is clichy? But apart from these there is a real lack of left backs, yes.

nobody sane would pay 40m for Bale.

You do have to remember that Barcelona paid Eto'o + 40m for Ibrahimovic.

So I really don't think sanity in their transfer dealings is really a trait that they possess.

So I really don't think sanity in their transfer dealings is really a trait that they possess.

Not to mention selling him after one season, a decision which I am sure they regret

Yet we managed to get ripped off for Cesc.

We need David Dein back.

My mate is a huge Tottenham supporter and he went to the game against Fulham and met with some of the players aswell like Friedel, Defoe, Livermore and Nelsen and he said to me that Jan Vertonghen and his agent were at WHL. Seems as though he will be your first signing of the summer.

Baines, Pizcek(dortmund) and Lahm are amazing but 26. Who do madrid have? Alaba is pretty decent and 21. How old is clichy? But apart from these there is a real lack of left backs, yes.

Lahm is 28 and primarily a right back, as is Piszek, and Baines is 27.

Marcelo, Contreao and Alba are the best young attacking left backs in the world at the moment, which makes an attempt to sign Bale a little more realistic than many are making out. Jordi Alba would be the more obvious choice though, as I don't think Spurs would sell for less than £50m

My mate is a huge Tottenham supporter and he went to the game against Fulham and met with some of the players aswell like Friedel, Defoe, Livermore and Nelsen and he said to me that Jan Vertonghen and his agent were at WHL. Seems as though he will be your first signing of the summer.
He's a good player though.

Actually feel sorry for Spurs fans right now, that is why I was against finishing fourth - You know in a cup final that anything can happen.

This year was the best and closest battle between Arsenal and Tottenham, I'm just going to hope it's not as tight next year ;)

I think Redknapp should leave Spurs now.

You posted this after Chelsea won the Champions League? Harry has done very well to get you into 4th this season and then you think he should leave because Chelsea have claimed your position in the Champions League, how is that any of Harry's fault?

On the plus side, I hope Modric can come link up with Scholes at United, what a duo that would be.

Think a bit of an exodus will follow now. With Adebayor going back, they'll have to spend to replace him.

You posted this after Chelsea won the Champions League? Harry has done very well to get you into 4th this season and then you think he should leave because Chelsea have claimed your position in the Champions League, how is that any of Harry's fault?

On the plus side, I hope Modric can come link up with Scholes at United, what a duo that would be.
I've had a similar opinion before the Champions League final. Harry slipped a 10 points lead ahead of fourth place and we were nearly of missing top four as well, just because he had his mind at the England job. Now he's taken off from that and I hope Spurs will replace him with someone capable of driving the club forward.

Think a bit of an exodus will follow now. With Adebayor going back, they'll have to spend to replace him.
Adebayor won't play at City. He's such a lazy player and although he did a good job for Spurs, I don't want him back if it's going to be a perm deal. I'd rather take Cavani, Huntelaar or someone who can score on basis.

Back