The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

I didn't even think King was that good today (compared to his usual amazing standards) but his presence in the defence just seemed to assure everyone and Kaboul was brilliant. Thought Walker had his best game in a Spurs shirt as well.

Ledley = Clean Sheet.

I didn't even think King was that good today (compared to his usual amazing standards) but his presence in the defence just seemed to assure everyone and Kaboul was brilliant. Thought Walker had his best game in a Spurs shirt as well.

Ledley = Clean Sheet.

agree on the presence thing. when we have Vermaelen, Koscielny looks a lot more composed, yet when Squillaci plays, the whole defense just turns into a wrecking machine, and everyone starts making mistakes.

:wub: king, would've been best english defender without a doubt IMO if not for injuries

Very nice to see Kranjcar getting some games. I fully expect Giovani and/or Falqué to start against Salonika in the Europa League.

I am fully confident in GDS' ability, he can make Lennon a luxury reserve player. Also, Kranjcar should be given more time, he's got quality and can be a superb player, though I am not sure on which position he can play at his best. But since we're fighting for the top four spot, I am sure Redknapp will not do this.

Good win, 3 points and give us some confidence heading into big game against Liverpool!

King Kenny is getting on my nerves, like all Liverpool fans they think they have a god given right to finish in the top 4! I really want to take them down a peg or 2 on Sunday!!!!!

Frutty, Walker looked solid enough from the 20 seconds he showed up on MOTD, probably not the best way to judge his performance though!

Tottenham defender Michael Dawson is set to be sidelined for at least two months due to an Achilles injury.

Dawson facing lengthy lay-off | Tottenham Hotspur News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Terrible news, with Gallas and Kings fitness constantly up in the air, leaves us looking worryingly short at CB.

Kaboul has had a storming start to the season, Ledders is superb (when fit) Gallas has been great (when fit) Bassong has ZERO confidence and then there is Corluka, who I would not want to see playing CB again, he can't do it!

Cahill (or Scott Dann even!) or any CB signing had to be made this summer, instead Woodgate out, not that this is a problem for me, big wage, hardly ever fit, but if Gallas or Ledders sustains a long term injury, we are in a bit of trouble as far as strength in depth.

Also, what a shambles with VDV not being in the Europa League squad, where is the communication between manager and player! Stupid!

Last edited:
Could have been worse. We could have also sold Bassong which would have left us with Corluka or Huddlestone filling in at the back at times, which is just awful.

Bad time for an injury crisis though. We just picked up our first win of the season and hopefully boosted morale, and then this news comes.

i hear tottenham are looking to sign Joao Pereira from Sporting CP

Cudicini
Walker - Corluka - Bassong - Townsend
Falque - Livermore - Carroll - Dos Santos
Kane - Pavlyuchenko​

Thoughts on your starting eleven for todays game which starts in a few mins on ESPN?

****** ****. Harry isn't messing around with a few backups sprinkled here and there, half the team is reserves. Only Walker is a first teamer really.

Playing very well at the moment. Falque just had a shot cleared off the line after great work from Livermore.

Dos Santos has looked very lively everytime he's got on the ball for Spurs.

Playing very well at the moment. Falque just had a shot cleared off the line after great work from Livermore.

Dos Santos has looked very lively everytime he's got on the ball for Spurs.

We've been the better side, well done to the kids, very tough atmosphere and they're coping admirably!

Defo should've had a penalty, this ref has been poor at best! Kane has looked better here than he did against Hearts, Falque looks good on the ball, Carroll having a good game and GDS good when he has the ball.

Thiers was a pen, ref got that right and we got a bit lucky with it being retaken, but other than that, we've played really well.

Pav needs to step up with his experience and start using the ball better.

COYS!

May have controlled the first half, but we looked shaky in the end. Some nice saves by Cudicini, and a number of our boys looked very good with Falqué especially showing some great composure at times.

That said, only Walker is a first XI player for us, so we'll have had plenty of rested players for the match against Liverpool. Hopefully the lack of match fitness won't count against us.

Thought Livermore was very good again, Carroll looks excellent, keeps the ball brilliantly, great distribution, vision. Reminds me a lot of Modric, great player. Gio was pretty poor, Falque looked promising, Kane showed good movement again, should of won the pen but I feel that he needs a better striker to play alongside other than Pav, who quite frankly, is woeful.

Overall, good performance from the youngsters, but Bassong's so unbelievably void of confidence. Looks shaky and his heads not there.

Thought Livermore was very good again, Carroll looks excellent, keeps the ball brilliantly, great distribution, vision. Reminds me a lot of Modric, great player. Gio was pretty poor, Falque looked promising, Kane showed good movement again, should of won the pen but I feel that he needs a better striker to play alongside other than Pav, who quite frankly, is woeful.

Overall, good performance from the youngsters, but Bassong's so unbelievably void of confidence. Looks shaky and his heads not there.

Last 5 - 10 minutes we were hanging on a bit, they should've scored when the fella hit the bar, but that said, on balance, I thought we were the better side for at least 65 minutes. Even better given the age and experience of the side we put out there.

Falque MOM, he was quality on the ball, Livermore very good again, but I would expect that from somebody that has played in some big games for us already this season. Kane looked much better today than he did against Hearts earlier in the competition. Gio was very disappointing, I cant work him out tbh. Does he play to the level of the players around him? Ie With Bale, VDV and Modric would he be quality? But whenever he gets his chance, he seems to play poorly.

Also agree that Pav is shocking! Shooting from all angles, hanging onto the ball when he should pass, then when he does pass, its aimless! Lets just hope JD or Adebayor don't get injured! lol

We needed a win, but hopefully we're still gonna qualify in the next round.