The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Apparently spurs are trying to sign Ben Davies, Bony and Michu? Any further news on this?

Ben Davies is in talks with the club. Bony has been named but nothing concrete from any source. As for Michu that rumour is still going around from last year but thats all it is.

the Ben Davies deal is apparentley agreed in priciple but has not been announced yet. Southampton are quite keen on taking Siggurdson. Koeman is looking to take the Icelandic international to St Marys.

Last edited:
the Ben Davies deal is apparentley agreed in priciple but has not been announced yet. Southampton are quite keen on taking Siggurdson. Koeman is looking to take the Icelandic international to St Marys.
I'm calling it now, Ben Davies is not going to preform for spurs. Just like every swans player before him, he has not got the individual quality to play at top level teams. Sinclair, Sigurdsson, Allen, Scotland etc were star players at Swansea due to the team ethic and style and the confidence in their ability. Once they leave, they flop.

I'm calling it now, Ben Davies is not going to preform for spurs. Just like every swans player before him, he has not got the individual quality to play at top level teams. Sinclair, Sigurdsson, Allen, Scotland etc were star players at Swansea due to the team ethic and style and the confidence in their ability. Once they leave, they flop.

That maybe so but I would rather have him than the liabillity that is Danny Rose. Pocchetino's tactics is a style which would suit Davies also. To say he will be a flop is premature.

From what I have seen from Davies he has all the qualities to step up to the next level.

From what I have seen from Davies he has all the qualities to step up to the next level.
So did Allen, Sinclair and sigurdsson. They all had the quality but they never made it once leaving Swansea.

So did Allen, Sinclair and sigurdsson. They all had the quality but they never made it once leaving Swansea.

So what. It does not mean every single player that leaves Swansea is going to fail does it. You are just making an assumption that he will fail just because some others failed to make the grade.

Not everyone is going to fail. Ridiculous logic to think that ALL will fail.
So far all have failed. I don't know why it is, they all look class at Swansea and then lose it at other clubs. Its not what I want to happen. I wished that Joe Allen had done well and I hope Ben Davies all the best when he leaves. But, I feel that they will not live up to expectations.

Spurs have cooled their interest in Davies by the looks of it. Another player mentioned as an alternative is Bastian Oczipka from Eintracht Frankfurt.

Hugo Lloris has signed a new 5 year contract which puts an end to media talk that he wants to leave.

Tottenham have received a huge boost to their plans for a new stadium at White Hart Lane after the government approved Haringey Council's Compulsory Purchase Order of the remaining land needed for building work to begin.

Premier League: Tottenham ready to proceed with new stadium at White Hart Lane | Football News | Sky Sports

Once built it will give them the extra revenue to compete for a top four spot. Although they have done well on a limited budget and been run well financially this will help push them to the next level they crave for.

The rumours about Vertonghen and Barcelona seem to be false. He has started negotiations on a new contract at Tottenham.

The next bit is from an ITK so take it with a pinch of salt. Lovren has stated to close circle of friends he is wanting to link up again with Pochettino rather than go anywhere else. It is just up to Levy to decide on spending the money Southampton want for him.

Looks like the Dawson to Hull deal isn't happening so far as well, two weeks ago it looked a certainty. They are talking about Jamal Lascelles from Nottingham Forest as a replacement..

Looks like the Dawson to Hull deal isn't happening so far as well, two weeks ago it looked a certainty. They are talking about Jamal Lascelles from Nottingham Forest as a replacement..

Dawson apparentley has said he wants to keep his options open rather than opting for Hull.

Gylfi Siggurdson is more keen on moving back to Swansea than joining Crystal Palace.

We could go after Eric Dier our scouts have watched him a lot last year. Also we have watched Matthias Ginter as well.

Dawson apparentley has said he wants to keep his options open rather than opting for Hull.

Gylfi Siggurdson is more keen on moving back to Swansea than joining Crystal Palace.

We could go after Eric Dier our scouts have watched him a lot last year. Also we have watched Matthias Ginter as well.

Yeah I like Gylfi but with Holtby and Eriksen there it will limit his game time so 8-10million but be fine for him.

Dawson gives 100% every game but lacks quality at this level and to progress we must sell him IMO.

Erik Dier would be a risk having not played in the BPL and at this level but someone like Lovren or even getting Caulker back would be perfect!

Yeah I like Gylfi but with Holtby and Eriksen there it will limit his game time so 8-10million but be fine for him.

Dawson gives 100% every game but lacks quality at this level and to progress we must sell him IMO.

Erik Dier would be a risk having not played in the BPL and at this level but someone like Lovren or even getting Caulker back would be perfect!

Dawson has heart but was caught out with some silly mistakes last year. His lack of pace was highlighted as well.

Caulker said when he went to Cardiff last year he wanted first team football and he was behind Kaboul, Vertonghen, Ciriches and Dawson so I can't see him coming back as there was also rumours he was up to no good with Joe Lewis's daughter who is older than Caulker. Not sure how true that last bit is.

Rumours are we have bid for a highly rated young centre back.

Roma striker Mattia Destro being linked this morning. Poch has sounded him out as the striker he wants.