The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

hey lads was wondering where was bale yesterday? i saw some of the match and i couldnt find bale watching out for him(hes in my fantasy football team) . i searched the premier league site but coldnt find any reason for him to not play and ive searched this thread. i see someone says he has resigned to spurs so he has not left. is he injured?

He's out till the 14th Sept (est.) with an ankle injury.

thanks mate. dont know who to replace him with in yahoo sports fantasy football...

Franco Baldini. Best signing of the summer. Even without Bale Arsenal are getting stuffed.

We're playing the 'Spend all the Bale money' game.

Given how we're likely to break even this transfer window after signing 7 players and breaking our transfer record 3 times is quite astonishing.

Given how we're likely to break even this transfer window after signing 7 players and breaking our transfer record 3 times is quite astonishing.

Funny if Madrid pulled out of the Bale deal now. Levy would **** himself.

No he won't. Spurs are a rich club they don't exactly need the money.

You think all these signings would of happened if you weren't getting the money you are for Bale? Not a chance man!

You think all these signings would of happened if you weren't getting the money you are for Bale? Not a chance man!

Cherches and Eriksen yes. Lamela no, because he's the Bale replacement but what I mean is that Levy is rich, Spurs are rich they don't need the money from Madrid. And the Bale deal is done in 23 million euros per year installments, so its not like there getting 90 million all at once lol.

I also forgot about the new massive TV deal they did.

Quite frankly they don't need the Bale money.

Last edited:

The new wage bill will be interesting to see. I wonder if it's going to be a lot higher than it was. Or maybe players like Parker & Huddlestone were on nice high wages so it will balance it out.

The new wage bill will be interesting to see. I wonder if it's going to be a lot higher than it was. Or maybe players like Parker & Huddlestone were on nice high wages so it will balance it out.

Oh it'll certainly be higher, there's no doubting that.

I'd predict Huddlestone and Parker for example were on approx. 50k and 65k respectively. However, Bale is reportedly on 120k p/w which will be moved to someone else after he vacates #11.

That said, higher sponsorship money and TV deals should help placate those new figures. We're also becoming more of a force in the league year on year, and therefore more noticed worldwide which clubs like Liverpool and the other Top 4 have had for years.

Time for this to be revived.

Ben Davies is looking like Mauricio Pochettino first signing after being given the all clear to talk terms. Transfer price is between 6-8 Million.

Hopefully will become the first choice left back after Danny Rose was exposed more than any other Spurs defender last year.

Happy with this as it is one area Spurs fans have been insisting needs strengthening.

Michael Dawson is edging more and more to signing for Hull City.

Tottenham look likely to leave the Lane a season earlier than expected as building work will prove prohibitive.

Spurs are hopeful of being in their new 54,000-seat ground for the beginning of the 2017/18 season and wanted to stay at White Hart Lane despite heavy building work taking place.
But according to the Evening Standard, the club’s hierarchy believe it may prove too difficult to stay at White Hart Lane, their home since 1899, and are now looking into alternative venues to stage ‘home’ matches during the 2016/17 season.
Wembley, the Olympic Stadium and stadiummk, the home of Milton Keynes Dons, are all thought to be under consideration. Ipswich’s Portman Road ground and The Amex, home of Brighton, are also on the list of possibilities although these plans are at an early stage.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...righton-milton-keynes-or-ipswich-9579442.html

Apparently spurs are trying to sign Ben Davies, Bony and Michu? Any further news on this?