The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

I saw the radio commentary, but I wanted to see the match... I don't think it is on TV.

Same here, any takers....................

Might have to wait for the highlights tomorrow? They're on BBC now aren't they?

Crouch on for injured Kenwyn Jones, will he score against us?

We're gonna beat them, either 0-1 or 1-2.

I'll take that mate! Britannia is a tough place to go and both teams have strong sides out! It'll not be easy that's for sure. A lot tougher than Shrewsbury at home! *****!

Surprise surprise, radio saying Pav is not working hard enough for the team! Well I never, as a senior player and an international, he needs to man up and start playing like it!

Last edited:
VDV at Hamburg. Forgot about his GK position :D

[video=youtube;IW1122xjm64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW1122xjm64&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

View attachment 196130

Simply world class player. The stats show it all.

Great stats CJ, knowledge is the bomb!

King is undoubtedly World Class however if he didn't have the knee injuries that have blighted his career, he would not be at Spurs at the moment and could have moved to more or less any team that he wanted to. Catch 22.

Pure class though, even with 1 knee! I still don't think that he would need to play on Saturday v Wigan, if Gallas is fit, he and Kaboul, who has started this season very impressively, should see us through at the DW.

COYS!

View attachment 196130

Simply world class player. The stats show it all.

Just his presence in the side makes me believe we can beat anyone on our day.

Makes such a difference, especially for the players around him. Bassong only ever looks somewhat composed with Deadly Ledley there to hold his hand.

I love King. We could've had such an insanely good national side if we'd hadn't lost some of our best players to debilitating injuries: King, Woodgate, Hargreaves, Owen et al. King would've been a national side staple. At his best, he was (and maybe still is) better than both Ferdinand and Terry.

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

Also, how in the name of all that is good and holy on this Earth does King manage to play like that without training? It is just insane, impossible. Nobody else on the planet can do that. A top class athlete who doesn't even train regularly.

Good Win today.

3 starts for the King in a row, 3 wins.

Hero.

Should have been 3 clean sheets too. BAE and Parker had chances to clear it for their goal.

Yep, also 6 consecutive wins for the King. Can't describe how good he is.

After some exciting scorelines today, will we be looking at yet another dramatic North London Derby tomorrow?

Just thought I'd bump this thread, to gather opinion on how you guys think this match will swing by tomorrow evening.

We definitely need to be looking at a win here. We've managed to avoid defeat against Arsenal in the league since 2009, and many times with what many consider a weaker squad. This time around, we actually have what many consider to be both a stronger first XI and overall squad, so a win really is a must.

Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 1 Arsenal. I think we'll struggle to contain RVP for a clean sheet, but I do think we can exploit their defence in turn and net a few of our own. I'm hoping for an Adebayor hatrick, of course, but I don't see a celebration like his one for City. As good as that would be, it would lead to a suspension and we need to avoid that. ;)

Not quite the 3-1 scoreline I predicted, but only because Szczesny kept them in the game before his howler. People might blame him for the loss, but I'd say we would have buried 3-4 of our chances against Fabianski or Almunia.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. 4 wins from 4 since the Manchester games (before we had concluded our transfers) with 10 goals scored and 2 conceded. We love you Ledley.

I'm pleasantly surprised by Kaboul, you seem to have quite the backline there. Walker-Kaboul-King-BAE looks really impressive.

Kaboul is an aerial machine. Not the greatest along the floor sometimes, but with King alongside him who excels at that, he's a great CB partner to have.

It all relies on King though. If he picks up a niggle, as he usually does, then it all comes crashing down.