The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Kaboul is an aerial machine. Not the greatest along the floor sometimes, but with King alongside him who excels at that, he's a great CB partner to have.

It all relies on King though. If he picks up a niggle, as he usually does, then it all comes crashing down.

Yeah, we have the same issue with Distin+Jags, although he hasn't been himself lately. Distin is good, but having Jagielka alongside him is a massive boost to his ability.

Just back from the game, via the pub, fully deserved victory.

Scotty Parker was SUPERB today, without doubt MOM, although I hear Walker got it, the romance vote!

They had the ball, did nothing with it, we had the better chances, Brad only made saves from long shot, thier keeper was making regular saves.

5 points ahead of Arsenal, game in hand. Got to be thinking of competing with scousers more than Arsenal!

COYS!

Last edited by a moderator:
5 points ahead of Arsenal, game in hand. Got to be thinking of competing with scousers more than Arsenal!

COYS!

Wouldn't write anyone off at this point, but we're 5 points up on our fixtures from last season, and Arsenal are 5 points down... and they have weakened whereas we have strengthened.

Hard to look past ourselves and Liverpool at this point, but anything can happen.

We just have a good start of season, in the really meaning of it. Of course, excepting the matches with United and City, teams which for me will be title contenders, we've got 12 points off 6 matches and we've played with Liverpool, United, City and Arsenal. We got one over Liverpool and Arsenal, the main rivals for the CL spot and we should not drop points with small teams.

Thread revival!

With the international break over, finally, we're back in action at St. James' Park.

How are you expecting we'll do? We have a terrible record away to Newcastle, but I'm expecting this to change.

Newcastle 0 - 4 Tottenham! (Hi Dunc!)

Newcastle 1-2 Tottenham

I have no reason to believe Spurs will thrash them, but I think we'll scrape it with 2x from Adebayor :)

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Btw there is not enough love on this thread for BAE, IMO he almost as good as Ashley Cole at Defending. He is so underated, so overall our defence can be awesome if we avoid injuries

Score depends on whether Ade and Sandro are fit to play.

With them: 3-1
Without: 1-1

Am I the only one who thinks all BAE does is hoof it? :p

Yes.

Tend's to be that only Spurs fans rate Benny, and everyone else thinks he's awful.

"What's amazing now is if you were to look at the individual names in both squads, I doubt very much a Tottenham player would look at the list and think he would much rather join a***nal. So that says it all. You know for me, at the moment, I wouldn't say yeah I'd like to go to a***nal because I would prefer to play with Modric than Arteta."

I love this man.

Friedel
Walker Kaboul King BAE
Sandro Parker
Giovani Modric Bale
Defoe

^ is my preferred 4-2-3-1 choice, given we're away.

Am I the only one who thinks all BAE does is hoof it? :p

No, actually I think the complete opposite, whenever he is given the opportunity to hoof it into row Z he fakes it and picks a better option :S

Should play like this tomorrow:
Friedel
Walker Kaboul King BAE
Parker Modric
Geo Van Der Vaart Bale
Defoe​

If Ade and Sandro aren't available of course. I much prefer Modric in a role where he can get the ball and join the 4 up front as a Box to Box midfielder rather CAM

No, actually I think the complete opposite, whenever he is given the opportunity to hoof it into row Z he fakes it and picks a better option :S

Should play like this tomorrow:
Friedel
Walker Kaboul King BAE
Parker Modric
Geo Van Der Vaart Bale
Defoe​

If Ade and Sandro aren't available of course. I much prefer Modric in a role where he can get the ball and join the 4 up front as a Box to Box midfielder rather CAM

Back 5 pretty much picks themselves, I'd go with:

Parker Livermore (If Sandro's injured)
VDV Modric Bale
Defoe.

I want to see Modric in more advanced roles this year, needs to be scoring at least 5 goals.

Back 5 pretty much picks themselves, I'd go with:

Parker Livermore (If Sandro's injured)
VDV Modric Bale
Defoe.

I want to see Modric in more advanced roles this year, needs to be scoring at least 5 goals.

I think it's fair to say we need players like him to step up and start scoring cos finishing our chances is gonna be a issue this year I'm sure, but I don't think Modric has the scoring ability anyway, he's more of a creator, whereas Defoe, VDV and Bale all have proven to be very good at putting away their chances, and I do feel Gio has that ability too.

I think it's fair to say we need players like him to step up and start scoring cos finishing our chances is gonna be a issue this year I'm sure, but I don't think Modric has the scoring ability anyway, he's more of a creator, whereas Defoe, VDV and Bale all have proven to be very good at putting away their chances, and I do feel Gio has that ability too.

Yeah, when we play with only 1 striker, we really need players like Modric to step up and score more goals. Going to be the difference between Champions league and Europa league.

Yeah, when we play with only 1 striker, we really need players like Modric to step up and score more goals. Going to be the difference between Champions league and Europa league.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I so hope Modric does get some goals cos it will help us loads this year and of course it will bump his price up a bit ;)

Yeah, don't get me wrong I so hope Modric does get some goals cos it will help us loads this year and of course it will bump his price up a bit ;)

If he plays behind the striker I can definitely see him getting 10+ assists. I just remember his run and pass through to VDV against Inter at home <3