The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Surprised we've beaten Rubin with our second team. There are still 2 games to be won and we've got the qualification in bag.

Solid win today. Bit nervy at the end of course, but overall a deserved 3 points.

VDV came up trumps for us today, especially the second goal after a nice piece of play by Assou-Ekotto.

Speaking of BAE...

AcX-f_2CMAACXpk.jpg

Hero.

Deserved win against QPR, things are looking really good in sight for the team, let's just hope we'll not ignore Europa League as much as Redknapp did to Carling Cup.

We've been poor against Rubin, thanks to Cudicini, the match ended 1-0. We need to beat PAOK to secure a place in 32 rounds.

A draw against PAOK Salonika and a win against Shamrock Rovers will definitely qualify us. A win again both teams and hopefully PAOK draw with Rubin and we'll finish top of the group.

Breaking news. Harry Redknapp is to face trial for tax evasion next year

Solid win tonight, and won without any real effort it seemed at times. I only caught segments of the match as I was busy, but from what I watched/listened to, we were playing at a canter for the entire game and Villa couldn't get near us.

According to Sky Sports, it was 70.2% possession for Spurs, with 618 passes to Villa's 252 and an 88.8% pass success rate to Villa's 68.3%.

Nearly 90% passing success on average for the team. I'm thinking Modric had 100%; he was magical.

Kaboul was my MOTM today, pure class. Wins every single header, calm and composed on the ball, strong in the tackle, showed great pace to keep up with Agbonlahor. Class player.

Tottenham 1-0 up against Bolton.

But Stuart Atwell.........what an astounding decision. Cahill sent off-when it was not a sending off offence. Yellow yes, but no way red. The officiating gets worse with each passing week.

But Stuart Atwell.........what an astounding decision. Cahill sent off-when it was not a sending off offence. Yellow yes, but no way red. The officiating gets worse with each passing week.

I was just telling my old man yesterday that refereeing in Argentina was becoming worse by the minute, after a truly shocking performance. But it seems to be worsening worldwide. It's unbelievable.

Someone once said that if referees earned as much as footballers the standard would improve massively. And honestly, considering how many times it's referees and not players who change the outcome of games, it's a fair point.

Yellow card for sure, the only way it could of been red was if they were another 30 meters up the pitch.

Spurs need to put another goal in, last thing they will want is a goal against the run of play.

I was just telling my old man yesterday that refereeing in Argentina was becoming worse by the minute, after a truly shocking performance. But it seems to be worsening worldwide. It's unbelievable.

Someone once said that if referees earned as much as footballers the standard would improve massively. And honestly, considering how many times it's referees and not players who change the outcome of games, it's a fair point.

Unless there's a change in the way the referees are coached or whatever it is, it's simply going to get worse. There's been some matches I've seen weekly that have some absolute shockers. Like today Chelsea v Newcastle. Luiz should have been sent off but got a yellow-Bolton v Tottenham it was the reverse. It's becoming an absolute joke. Which is why I'm not looking forward to some Euro matches

Last edited:
Unless there's a change in the way the referees are coached or whatever it is, it's simply going to get worse. There's somes to be a few matches I've seen weekly that have some absolute shockers. Like today Chelsea v Newcastle. Luiz should have been sent off but got a yellow-Bolton v Tottenham it was the reverse. It's becoming an absolute joke. Which is why I'm not looking forward to some Euro matches

Yeah, even WC matches are subject to some shocking refereeing. Argentina v Mexico, Tevez was no less than 5m offside yet the goal was given, and that's without mentioning Webb's shocking decision not to send NdJ off in the final.

Can't believe this game is still only 1-0.

We should be at least 3-0 up by now, and that's still taking into account over 9000 misses.

Expecting this to finish 1-1; Davies late on.

Can't believe this game is still only 1-0.

We should be at least 3-0 up by now, and that's still taking into account over 9000 misses.

Expecting this to finish 1-1; Davies late on.

Did you ever think Spurs would be 2nd in the Premiership (as it stands before Man Utd game) this far into the season? I didn't tbh. Maybe the EL exit isn't such a bad thing after all.